Jump to content

Responsible Gun Owner of the Day


Recommended Posts

Woman using gun's laser sight to play with cat shoots friend

Woman using gun's laser sight to play with cat shoots friend

Authorities say a Wisconsin woman accidentally shot a friend while using the laser sight on a handgun to play with a cat

KENOSHA, Wis. -- A Wisconsin woman accidentally shot a friend while using the laser sight on a handgun to play with a cat, authorities said.

A criminal complaint charging the 19-year-old woman with negligent use of a weapon said she was visiting a Kenosha apartment on Tuesday afternoon where a 21-year-old man had brought a handgun.

The woman, who a witness said had been drinking, picked up the handgun, “turned on the laser sight and was pointing it at the floor to get the cat to chase it,” when the gun went off, the complaint filed Thursday said.

The man, who was standing in a doorway, was shot in the thigh, authorities said. He left and went into another apartment, where police found him after responding to a 911 call, the Kenosha News reported.

A tourniquet was applied to his leg to stop the bleeding before he was taken to a hospital. There's no word on his condition, but authorities said he was facing charges for violating bond conditions that prevented him from having a weapon.

The woman told police she thought the magazine had been taken out of the gun and said it “accidentally went off,” according to the complaint.

 

The woman, who a witness said had been drinking, picked up the handgun, “turned on the laser sight and was pointing it at the floor to get the cat to chase it,” when the gun went off, the complaint filed Thursday said.

The man, who was standing in a doorway, was shot in the thigh, authorities said. He left and went into another apartment, where police found him after responding to a 911 call, the Kenosha News reported.

A tourniquet was applied to his leg to stop the bleeding before he was taken to a hospital. There's no word on his condition, but authorities said he was facing charges for violating bond conditions that prevented him from having a weapon.

The woman told police she thought the magazine had been taken out of the gun and said it “accidentally went off,” according to the complaint.

 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Weird/wireStory/woman-guns-laser-sight-play-cat-shoots-friend-79440712?fbclid=IwAR1fc_Flk5_Y7O7RzdA6DjMsOVPwrr125bktb1upl9o0K2k-VXiWQdqN_hU

 

 

 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It resides only in a galaxy far far away, AFAIK. Seriously, though...he's kinda right. Whether or not it's SOP on sets for the actor to do the final check,  nearly all accounts it isn't (the indu

I used to be a gun guy...and this bullshit is probably part of why I'm not now. Training is fine.  Practice is fine. This is simulating what is seen in movies/video games not for accurate ta

Posted Images

I used a laser on someone burglarizing my neighbors garage at 3am some years back. He jumped in his Explorer and backed out while I kept it on his rearview inside the whole time through the back window. I beamed him all the way to the corner as he peeled away. The sheriff deputy was late to respond because he was dealing with a roll over accident a couple of blocks from me. The guy in the Explorer missed a turn, and was arrested on suspicion of burglary based just on what was in his truck. My neighbor got all his stuff back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

1). The gun owner was the dipshit for handing her a loaded gun.

 

2). The chick is a dipshit for not understanding how semi-autos work.

 

3). They should BOTH be charged with 2nd Degree Ignorance......

I can reduce that to simpler terms. "Don't touch a gun unless you have been trained period." 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can reduce that to simpler terms. "Don't touch a gun if you're a dumbass unless you have been trained period.

FIFY

This should have been written into the 2nd Amendment, but our Founding Fathers really did not have so much first-hand experience with hard-core stupidity

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can reduce that to simpler terms. "Don't touch a gun unless you have been trained period." 

Hell, even the constitution says that. Too bad folks skip that part.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alcohol, stupidity and firearms.....a combination that has slightly improved the gene pool for many decades.

Responsible gun owners keep their weapons unloaded and secured in a safe.

That way kids or idiots can't shoot themselves or others.

Of course, this makes the whole "guns for home defense" argument a joke too. Not many Americans live in daily imminent danger of their home being invaded by evil motherfuckers with AK47's.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Middle schooler fatally shot by fellow student in Albuquerque

One student was killed by another in a shooting at a middle school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Friday. 

The shooting took place at about 12:45 p.m. local time between two male students during a lunch break outside Washington Middle School. Friday was just the third day of classes for the school district. 

Police were unsure what grade the students were in, but said they were both approximately 13 years old. 

The shooting was an isolated incident between the two students and the shooter was immediately taken into custody by a school resource officer, police said. Officials praised the resource officer for quickly rushing to the scene and de-escalating the situation before taking the shooter into custody.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/US/middle-schooler-fatally-shot-fellow-student-albuquerque/story?id=79402045&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed  
 



Another student who witnessed the incident said that the two students were fighting when the shooter pulled the gun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Middle schooler fatally shot by fellow student in Albuquerque

One student was killed by another in a shooting at a middle school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Friday. 

The shooting took place at about 12:45 p.m. local time between two male students during a lunch break outside Washington Middle School. Friday was just the third day of classes for the school district. 

Police were unsure what grade the students were in, but said they were both approximately 13 years old. 

The shooting was an isolated incident between the two students and the shooter was immediately taken into custody by a school resource officer, police said. Officials praised the resource officer for quickly rushing to the scene and de-escalating the situation before taking the shooter into custody.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/US/middle-schooler-fatally-shot-fellow-student-albuquerque/story?id=79402045&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed  
 



Another student who witnessed the incident said that the two students were fighting when the shooter pulled the gun. 

I was just going to post that. How the fuck does a 13 year old kid get a gun? Fucking parents of the shooter kid better do time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, basketcase said:

I was just going to post that. How the fuck does a 13 year old kid get a gun? Fucking parents of the shooter kid better do time.

I have no idea at all. Most cases like this end up with small fines or probation for the parents. This kid will go to juve, but will be out in no time compared to the other kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I have no idea at all. Most cases like this end up with small fines or probation for the parents. This kid will go to juve, but will be out in no time compared to the other kid.

Do you still have to pay the custodial parent child support if your kid is in juve for murder?    

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lark said:

Do you still have to pay the custodial parent child support if your kid is in juve for murder?    

Child support is based on the percentage of time with each parent.

So probably not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lark said:

Do you still have to pay the custodial parent child support if your kid is in juve for murder?    

There are probably 50 different state interpretations of that. That support payment might have to go to the state since they have assumed care, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

OK everyone - Raise your hand if you've never shot anyone by playing stupidly with a gun!

Dang! I thought I was on the NRA forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  

On 6/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, badlatitude said:

I give up. Whenever someone tries to start a thread about gun violence/control, it immediately goes to hell with every topic but the subject at hand. I'll stay away from gun threads from now on, there's no future in them.


Truthful as usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Husband shot wife after complaining she didn’t have sex with him, Arkansas police say

 

 

An Arkansas man is accused of shooting his wife after an argument about sex, police said. 

The 30-year-old Fayetteville man and his wife began fighting Tuesday evening because he hadn’t allowed her to take their car in the afternoon, and then they argued “about her refusing to have sex with him when he requested to,” police said. 

The woman told police her husband grabbed a gun and pulled the trigger while pointing at her head, but the safety stopped him from firing. As she walked past him to leave the room, the woman said her husband pulled the trigger again and this time shot her in the head, police said. 

 

Bleeding from her head, the woman went to another apartment for help and her neighbor called 911. 

The woman was taken to a local hospital after police and medics arrived, but her husband was no longer at the apartment, police said. He was arrested a short time later by police officers from Springdale, a city just north of Fayetteville.

During an interview with investigators, the man said “the reason he shot her was because he wanted her out of his life” and told them he threw the gun into Lake Fayetteville just before he was arrested, police said.

he man was in jail on suspicion of domestic battering and tampering with physical evidence. 

The woman was expected to survive, police said.

Fayetteville is a city of about 85,000 in northwest Arkansas.

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article253426994.html?fbclid=IwAR3f0w6mLCGnWfAdvFqrh_O_cD_5IyhWKoKkKE-5X-PhTuY0ZdiRBWSWZBM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff will be along shortly to just say that dude needs a laser sight. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will pontificate at length in his 2nd Amendment: In the home only? thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I don't eat mullet nor do I like looking at mullets. If that makes me a Mulletcist, then so be it.....

I figured you would change your mind when you realized it was a men's only party. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida Toddler

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/toddler-shoots-kills-mom-during-video-call-after-finding-gun-n1276722

A toddler in Florida fatally shot a woman during a video call after finding an unsecured handgun, police said Thursday.

Someone on the work-related Zoom conference called 911 and reported that they had seen a toddler and heard a noise before the woman, Shamaya Lynn, fell backward, police said in a statement.

Lynn, 21, was killed Wednesday in Altamonte Springs, near Orlando.

"Investigators determined that the injury was caused by a toddler who found a loaded handgun, which was left unsecured by an adult in the apartment," Altamonte Springs police said in a statement. Police said Lynn was shot in the head.

 

Remember the only thing that stops a bad toddler with a gun is...............apparently nothing :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, badlatitude said:

Woman using gun's laser sight to play with cat shoots friend

Woman using gun's laser sight to play with cat shoots friend

Authorities say a Wisconsin woman accidentally shot a friend while using the laser sight on a handgun to play with a cat

KENOSHA, Wis. -- A Wisconsin woman accidentally shot a friend while using the laser sight on a handgun to play with a cat, authorities said.

A criminal complaint charging the 19-year-old woman with negligent use of a weapon said she was visiting a Kenosha apartment on Tuesday afternoon where a 21-year-old man had brought a handgun.

The woman, who a witness said had been drinking, picked up the handgun, “turned on the laser sight and was pointing it at the floor to get the cat to chase it,” when the gun went off, the complaint filed Thursday said.

The man, who was standing in a doorway, was shot in the thigh, authorities said. He left and went into another apartment, where police found him after responding to a 911 call, the Kenosha News reported.

A tourniquet was applied to his leg to stop the bleeding before he was taken to a hospital. There's no word on his condition, but authorities said he was facing charges for violating bond conditions that prevented him from having a weapon.

The woman told police she thought the magazine had been taken out of the gun and said it “accidentally went off,” according to the complaint.

 

The woman, who a witness said had been drinking, picked up the handgun, “turned on the laser sight and was pointing it at the floor to get the cat to chase it,” when the gun went off, the complaint filed Thursday said.

The man, who was standing in a doorway, was shot in the thigh, authorities said. He left and went into another apartment, where police found him after responding to a 911 call, the Kenosha News reported.

A tourniquet was applied to his leg to stop the bleeding before he was taken to a hospital. There's no word on his condition, but authorities said he was facing charges for violating bond conditions that prevented him from having a weapon.

The woman told police she thought the magazine had been taken out of the gun and said it “accidentally went off,” according to the complaint.

 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Weird/wireStory/woman-guns-laser-sight-play-cat-shoots-friend-79440712?fbclid=IwAR1fc_Flk5_Y7O7RzdA6DjMsOVPwrr125bktb1upl9o0K2k-VXiWQdqN_hU

 

I think you should immediately call for an Assault Weaponz Ban and "clip" capacity limits.  That'll solve stuff like this^^ from ever happening!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I honestly don't really hang out with guys anymore.....get's boring as all fuk. So I took out a pretty cute little blonde that might possibly be Miss Next last night to El Faro Restaraunt...very cozy & very tiny place with just 4 tables, over looking the bay. Then next door to listen to one of the only good bands in the area. Then a nice walk on the beach in our current Cabo-like weather system we've had for a week now. Very nice evening.  'Cuz Girls smell better...and are just much more fun to play with.....:D

I bet you type with one hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
59 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

So, you're a number two.

1279697605_ScreenShot2021-08-14at11_05_58AM.thumb.jpg.79c9d43d1a4cd7f3c51d3e6ae77013f1.jpg

Expand  

Is that your Japanese order form?

Its kinda like a sushi menu.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

What he's actually pretending to be with THAT hair?...is a vagina straight out of a 1972 Playboy....

I believe the new man-bun dos are specifically listed in the Book or Revelations as a sign the end-times are nigh. 

 

 

 

 If not, it should be... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Nope, not even. Though I do admire your sheer boldness of posting up your family portait.....that takes some balls....

Number one?!?!  Did you use a pencil sharpener?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

If your sitting there on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, surmising about what my twinkie looks like.....then you really need to see a fuking psychiatrist. Or at the very least?....a sex therapist who can assist you in becomming un-gay. Go to GroupOn dot com and maybe buy yourself a cheap appointment?.. ....:lol:

Ummmmm brah, you're the one who brought up his dick.  It appears that is what you do most of your thinking with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9/1521

 

A Texas man was charged with capital murder after shooting his pregnant wife in a domestic violence incident on Monday night, investigators said.

Jason Cory Sanders, 43, is accused of shooting Margaret Ann Sanders around midnight at their home near Cumby, located about 65 miles northeast of Dallas, FOX4 Dallas-Fort Worth reported, citing the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to a 911 call from the home and arrived to find Margaret Ann Sanders with a gunshot wound to her torso. She was rushed to a hospital, where she died the next morning, the sheriff’s office said. It was determined that she was pregnant.

 

During the investigation, Sanders told deputies that he fired a shot into the air with the intention of scaring his wife, but the projectile struck her, the Sulphur Springs News-Telegram reported.

Sanders also told deputies that he needed to use his cellphone to send his boss a message. But investigators instead spotted him deleting Facebook messages to his wife, according to the paper.

Sanders was charged with capital murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, family violence and tampering with evidence, according to online jail records

He was being held in the Hopkins County Jail on a $2 million bond.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man-capital-murder-shooting-pregnant-wife.amp?fbclid=IwAR1obzprGFwvKv76IayjP_J0bxvWzqge2sZWuoLKTy4cMXpOEdJS0pheJgk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

9/1521

 

A Texas man was charged with capital murder after shooting his pregnant wife in a domestic violence incident on Monday night, investigators said.

Jason Cory Sanders, 43, is accused of shooting Margaret Ann Sanders around midnight at their home near Cumby, located about 65 miles northeast of Dallas, FOX4 Dallas-Fort Worth reported, citing the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to a 911 call from the home and arrived to find Margaret Ann Sanders with a gunshot wound to her torso. She was rushed to a hospital, where she died the next morning, the sheriff’s office said. It was determined that she was pregnant.

 

During the investigation, Sanders told deputies that he fired a shot into the air with the intention of scaring his wife, but the projectile struck her, the Sulphur Springs News-Telegram reported.

Sanders also told deputies that he needed to use his cellphone to send his boss a message. But investigators instead spotted him deleting Facebook messages to his wife, according to the paper.

Sanders was charged with capital murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, family violence and tampering with evidence, according to online jail records

He was being held in the Hopkins County Jail on a $2 million bond.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man-capital-murder-shooting-pregnant-wife.amp?fbclid=IwAR1obzprGFwvKv76IayjP_J0bxvWzqge2sZWuoLKTy4cMXpOEdJS0pheJgk

ASSAULT WEAPON BAN..... STAT!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teen accidentally shot in head by another juvenile; wound considered life-threatening

Preliminary investigation indicates another juvenile was playing with a gun when it accidentally went off, authorities say

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) — A teenage boy is fighting for his life after having been shot in his head, authorities say.

 

Caddo 911 dispatch records show the shooting in a house in the 1600 block of Malcolm Street happened at 8:09 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17.

Preliminary investigation indicates another juvenile was playing with a gun when it accidentally went off.

Shreveport Fire Department medics rushed the wounded 15-year-old boy to Ochsner LSU Health for treatment.

Dispatch records show 18 police units responded to the scene on Malcolm between Linwood and Bernstein avenues.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

https://www.ksla.com/2021/08/18/child-shot-head-wound-considered-life-threatening/?fbclid=IwAR01n-cDgxtyy7wB4m0PKYJEz3IoHav0IDTX9l-xICJilhksEGdOyYwTe9o

Copyright 2021 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, Olsonist said:

From the Department of You Can Go A Long Way With A Smile But You Can Go A Lot Farther With A Smile And A Gun.

Man pulls gun on woman in Bay Area Safeway after double-parking, police say

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Man-pulls-gun-Menlo-Park-Safeway-parking-16390317.php

Not a very safe Safeway

Link to post
Share on other sites

14-year-old shot 3 students at South Carolina high school during dismissal, investigators say

ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person is in custody after three students were shot Wednesday in a shooting during dismissal at Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School, according to officials. 

Investigators say a 14-year-old was arrested about an hour after the shooting while still on campus. His name was not released, but authorities say they are talking about charging him as an adult with three counts of assault and battery with intent to kill.

The school said all students have been secured in the building and another dismissal location and other information will be shared with students and families when it’s available.

The students who were shot are in stable condition, according to the school. 

Students were transported to the Technology Center on Magnolia Street, where parents or guardians can re-unite with students. Proper ID will need to be shown, according to the school. The students of the students who were shot have been contacted directly.

“All students are safe and being accounted for following such a traumatic experience this afternoon,” the school said. 

 

Orangeburg-Wilkinson administrators said the school will be closed for the rest of the week and counseling services will b e available. 

State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman tweeted the following statement:

“My heart is heavy for the students & staff at Orangeburg-Wilkinson High impacted by this senseless act of violence. I am thankful for the swift action of first responders and hope that those responsible are held accountable. We must ensure schools are safe learning environments.”

No other information was immediately available

https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional-news/3-students-at-south-carolina-high-school-shot-in-drive-by-during-dismissal/?fbclid=IwAR1ctWeAq85nR1P92yTCbDWJ5nrp2irwGBHW4mf_V7LWjKJFq0VQUSS1QAY

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2021 at 1:06 PM, Olsonist said:

From the Department of You Can Go A Long Way With A Smile But You Can Go A Lot Farther With A Smile And A Gun.

Man pulls gun on woman in Bay Area Safeway after double-parking, police say

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Man-pulls-gun-Menlo-Park-Safeway-parking-16390317.php

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!  NOW NOW NOW.  Do something!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Teen accidentally shot in head by another juvenile; wound considered life-threatening

Preliminary investigation indicates another juvenile was playing with a gun when it accidentally went off, authorities say

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) — A teenage boy is fighting for his life after having been shot in his head, authorities say.

 

Caddo 911 dispatch records show the shooting in a house in the 1600 block of Malcolm Street happened at 8:09 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17.

Preliminary investigation indicates another juvenile was playing with a gun when it accidentally went off.

Shreveport Fire Department medics rushed the wounded 15-year-old boy to Ochsner LSU Health for treatment.

Dispatch records show 18 police units responded to the scene on Malcolm between Linwood and Bernstein avenues.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

https://www.ksla.com/2021/08/18/child-shot-head-wound-considered-life-threatening/?fbclid=IwAR01n-cDgxtyy7wB4m0PKYJEz3IoHav0IDTX9l-xICJilhksEGdOyYwTe9o

Copyright 2021 KSLA. All rights reserved.

More reason to BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!  Do something!  Anything!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!  NOW NOW NOW.  Do something!

If necessary, but definitely require testing, licensing, registration + insurance. You know, like we do with cars. Anything gunly should be a privilege and not a right. Beat up your wife, lose your toys. Drive drunk, lose your toys. That kind of thing. But honestly, we've been over this before. You're in the 2A protects me from my govmint crowd. Remind me who you worked for?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No, it's time to start putting the parents in jail, and what Olsonist said.

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I absolutely agree 1069% that parents should go to jail for leaving a gun out where a kid can get their hands on it.  

I do not agree with olsin, however.  Whether he likes it or not, anything gunly IS actually a right and not just a privilege.  If he wants to change that, then I suggest he start working on getting the Big C convention going and work to amend the 2A.  Licensing and registration do not prevent kids from shooting their friends accidentally.  Nor does it prevent idiots from pulling a gun in a supermarket parking lot over a petty dispute.  Nor does it prevent the Ghetto St gang from shooting up the rival Shithole St gang and vice versa.  

And I've said this here many times in the past that I am not opposed to licensing, training, registration and insurance.... in principle.  The issue is that the people proposing it are absolutely trying to use it as a means to limit, prevent and punish people from exercising their constitutional RKBA.  Many anti-gunners have even come out and admitted that these are draconian measures to make gun ownership so burdensome as to become effectively a deterrent and a high obstacle for people to discourage them from even trying.

Sorta like all those onerous pieces of legislation from Red states that attempt to disenfranchise people from being able vote or get an abortion.  That none of you see the tactics that anti-gunners use is EXACTLY the same as what the republikans are doing re voting rights and abortion rights - tells me you are blind to reality.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I absolutely agree 1069% that parents should go to jail for leaving a gun out where a kid can get their hands on it.  

I do not agree with olsin, however.  Whether he likes it or not, anything gunly IS actually a right and not just a privilege.  If he wants to change that, then I suggest he start working on getting the Big C convention going and work to amend the 2A.  Licensing and registration do not prevent kids from shooting their friends accidentally.  Nor does it prevent idiots from pulling a gun in a supermarket parking lot over a petty dispute.  Nor does it prevent the Ghetto St gang from shooting up the rival Shithole St gang and vice versa.  

And I've said this here many times in the past that I am not opposed to licensing, training, registration and insurance.... in principle.  The issue is that the people proposing it are absolutely trying to use it as a means to limit, prevent and punish people from exercising their constitutional RKBA.  Many anti-gunners have even come out and admitted that these are draconian measures to make gun ownership so burdensome as to become effectively a deterrent and a high obstacle for people to discourage them from even trying.

Sorta like all those onerous pieces of legislation from Red states that attempt to disenfranchise people from being able vote or get an abortion.  That none of you see the tactics that anti-gunners use is EXACTLY the same as what the republikans are doing re voting rights and abortion rights - tells me you are blind to reality.  

Excuse me while I chuckle. JB, you will argue with anything that infringes your so-called gun rights. It doesn’t matter what is proposed, you will manufacture an argument against it.

anti voting law has been successful in the past. Not so for gun legislation, which has evolved into a real problem that needs to be dealt with. The powers that be will have to deal with it, probably after someone assassinates the Supreme Court or the Academy Awards. It will have to be huge to get movement on this issue, and just a matter of time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Olsonist said:

f necessary, but definitely require testing, licensing, registration + insurance. You know, like we do with cars.

Like we really do, or like this?

  

On 9/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, Olsonist said:

It also absolves individuals of the LIABILITY FOR USE by others. So if your roommate steals your keys and bypasses your 'secure gun storage' and uses your gun to holdup a liquor store, you're totally good. But if your roommate steals your keys and runs over a little old lady with your car, well that's what you have liability insurance for.


By the way, what point were you trying to make when you made that shit up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Burning Man said:

More reason to BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!  Do something!  Anything!

You got it. The thread title jumbled the words a bit, but the intent is the same as ever: ban battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons.

Gun Owners Are Responsible For Criminals would have been a more accurate title.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

the intent is the same as ever: ban battlefield .22's

Well, this "intent" comes directly from the Heller case. Justice Scalia didn't think the Second was meant to protect "M-16's and the like."  I notice that the words in the three Heller decisions are quoted in court, a lot.  They have put you in a real bind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alabama man shot by wife’s lover — who secretly lived in couple’s home

Michael Amacker allegedly shot Frank Reeves in his Creola, Alabama that Amacker was secretly living in.

Michael Amacker allegedly shot Frank Reeves in his Creola, Alabama, home, where Amacker was secretly living.Mobile County Metro Jail

An Alabama man was shot in a gun battle with his wife’s lover — who was secretly living in the couple’s home for over a year, according to new reports.

Frank Reeves was shot in the chest by 53-year-old Michael Amacker inside his own Creola home around 9 p.m. Sunday, WALA reported, citing the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office. 

Reeves opened fire in return, striking Amacker in the lower leg and elbow.

An investigation determined that Frank’s wife, Tracy Reeves, informed her husband that an intruder was in the home, according to the report. 

But Amacker was no intruder — Tracy had allowed him to live in the home for more than a year, and her husband never had a clue, the outlet reported.

She secretly delivered food to her lover — who tried so desperately to remain undetected that he urinated in bottles discovered in his room, according to the station.

Mobile County Sheriff’s Capt. Paul Burch told the outlet that Amacker and Tracy Reeves were both high on meth, and described the case as one of the most bizarre he’s ever worked on.

“It was just a very odd scene to work,” Burch said. “It’s something that I haven’t seen in 30-plus years.

Both men were taken to a local hospital for treatment, according to the report. 

“We saw them bring out the suspect, and also the man that was shot, and they both seemed to be OK,” neighbor Kenneth Wilson told the outlet. “They weren’t saying much; in fact, the suspect did not say a word. It looked like he was way out of it.”

“My wife and I have lived here for 13 years,” he added. “Never ever seen anything go on like this.”

Amacker has been charged with attempted murder, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of a firearm with an altered serial number, according to the local station.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/alabama-man-shot-by-wifes-lover-who-secretly-lived-in-home/

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

"M-16's and the like."

"The like" probably does include the Ruger 10/22 [I love them!] that can fire a lot of rounds semi-auto, and the very easy mod to full auto makes it a "battlefield .22." Exfoliated Tom wishes this reality wasn't ... but whachogundo?

Hi Tom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Burning Man said:

their constitutional RKBA

Don't go big fluffy on us, now. The individual "right" comes from Heller (which, ahem, contained the "right" to the home...with only lip service towards outdoor "confrontations."

Using the search function, on all original documents and printings, we find that the term "bear arms" was military in 97% of the uses. Source: Kozuncanich.

You are making fluff shit up, by spouting urban myth.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Excuse me while I chuckle. JB, you will argue with anything that infringes your so-called gun rights. It doesn’t matter what is proposed, you will manufacture an argument against it.

anti voting law has been successful in the past. Not so for gun legislation, which has evolved into a real problem that needs to be dealt with. The powers that be will have to deal with it, probably after someone assassinates the Supreme Court or the Academy Awards. It will have to be huge to get movement on this issue, and just a matter of time.

So let me get this right..... because your post is not really clear as to what you're saying about voting.  So you're saying that because anti-voting laws have been successful in the past and were in violation of the constitution, therefore anti-gun laws should follow the same path and be in violation of the constitution because the ends justify the means???  Uhhhh, please feel free to correct if I've mischaracterized you.  But if not, you might might want to rethink that.  Say it out loud to yourself even see what you're actually saying here.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Excuse me while I chuckle. JB, you will argue with anything that infringes your so-called gun rights. It doesn’t matter what is proposed, you will manufacture an argument against it.

 

Why do you say "so-called" gun rights?  Are you saying we don't have gun rights? I would say they are just as valid rights as your so-called votings rights and definitely on more stable ground that your so-called abortion rights.  I did a word search in the entire constitution and found nowhere where Abortion is stated as a "right".  I also tried to search for the right to vote and it doesn't even show up until the 15th Am, almost 100 years after the original Constitution was ratified.  Yet the right to Keep and Bear Arms is there from day 1 and explicitly gives us that right, reaffirmed by the SCOTUS.  So there is nothing "so-called" about it.  

Why do you hate The Big C so much, and by extension why do you hate 'Murica so much?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burning Man said:

 almost 100 years after the original Constitution was ratified.  Yet the right to Keep and Bear Arms is there from day 1 and explicitly gives us that right, reaffirmed by the SCOTUS.  So there is nothing "so-called" about it.  

You want to think about that statement for a minute?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeffski 1069% thinks his rahts to bang bang is more important than other people's rights not to be bang banged. Seriously Jeff, when someone pulls a gun on someone else in a parking lot over a space and your go-to argument is fear of gun banning, you have a problem.

Cal is right, BTW. It's almost as if you've never even read the big C.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Alabama man shot by wife’s lover — who secretly lived in couple’s home

Michael Amacker allegedly shot Frank Reeves in his Creola, Alabama that Amacker was secretly living in.

Michael Amacker allegedly shot Frank Reeves in his Creola, Alabama, home, where Amacker was secretly living.Mobile County Metro Jail

An Alabama man was shot in a gun battle with his wife’s lover — who was secretly living in the couple’s home for over a year, according to new reports.

Frank Reeves was shot in the chest by 53-year-old Michael Amacker inside his own Creola home around 9 p.m. Sunday, WALA reported, citing the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office. 

Reeves opened fire in return, striking Amacker in the lower leg and elbow.

An investigation determined that Frank’s wife, Tracy Reeves, informed her husband that an intruder was in the home, according to the report. 

But Amacker was no intruder — Tracy had allowed him to live in the home for more than a year, and her husband never had a clue, the outlet reported.

She secretly delivered food to her lover — who tried so desperately to remain undetected that he urinated in bottles discovered in his room, according to the station.

Mobile County Sheriff’s Capt. Paul Burch told the outlet that Amacker and Tracy Reeves were both high on meth, and described the case as one of the most bizarre he’s ever worked on.

“It was just a very odd scene to work,” Burch said. “It’s something that I haven’t seen in 30-plus years.

Both men were taken to a local hospital for treatment, according to the report. 

“We saw them bring out the suspect, and also the man that was shot, and they both seemed to be OK,” neighbor Kenneth Wilson told the outlet. “They weren’t saying much; in fact, the suspect did not say a word. It looked like he was way out of it.”

“My wife and I have lived here for 13 years,” he added. “Never ever seen anything go on like this.”

Amacker has been charged with attempted murder, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of a firearm with an altered serial number, according to the local station.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/alabama-man-shot-by-wifes-lover-who-secretly-lived-in-home/

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!   DO SOMETHING!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olsonist said:

Jeffski 1069% thinks his rahts to bang bang is more important than other people's rights not to be bang banged. Seriously Jeff, when someone pulls a gun on someone else in a parking lot over a space and your go-to argument is fear of gun banning, you have a problem.

Well, so sorry you continually miss the point.  I'm just parroting what gun-grabbers repeatedly say when there is any shooting.  Ban Assault weapons.  Even if its a domestic dispute, road rage, etc that has nothing to do with AW's.  But they will never pass up a chance to use one thing totally unrelated to AW's to call for an AW Ban.  Hey, I'm just joining the chorus.  If you can't beat em, join em.  Right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

almost 100 years after the original Constitution was ratified.  Yet the right to Keep and Bear Arms is there from day 1 and explicitly gives us that right, reaffirmed by the SCOTUS.  So there is nothing "so-called" about it.  

You want to think about that statement for a minute?

True, technically not literally day 1.  What I meant rhetorically was that it was included in the very first package of the core BOR's.  It was what......  a whole 10 years later after the initial Big C ratification.  It certainly came well before "so-called" voting rights by almost a 100 years and about 200 years before "so-called" abortion rights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

True, technically not literally day 1.  What I meant rhetorically was that it was included in the very first package of the core BOR's.  It was what......  a whole 10 years later after the initial Big C ratification.  It certainly came well before "so-called" voting rights by almost a 100 years and about 200 years before "so-called" abortion rights.

Wasn't sure you knew what the word Amendment means. :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailor Y said:

Responsible Gun Owner of the Day...

 

 

Looks like a responsible gun owner correctly defending his and his families lives and home from armed intruders.  

But nevermind that.... BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!!  DO SOMETHING!!  ANYTHING!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burning Man said:
3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Wasn't sure you knew what the word Amendment means. :o

Well, now you know.

Now work on the "well-regulated militia" part. We'll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailor Y said:

Responsible Gun Owner of the Day...

 

 

And if there was ever an argument for large (i.e. normal) capacity mags, this ^^ is it.  Had the 4 shitbags gotten through the door before the gun owner knew they were coming and were barricaded in their bedroom, that would have been a whole different ball game with intruders spread throughout the house.  

My only issue with this video and the homeowner's actions is that he missed killing "stopping" at least the first two guys through the door.  He needs more work at the range.  Just saying.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Now work on the "well-regulated militia" part. We'll wait.

I don't need to.  The SC has already interpreted it, it's settled law.  I also suspect the Robert's court is going to weigh in on another Landmark gun rights case in the next few years and they will further clarify what the RKBA means.  Let's just say that liberal heads will explode, most of all @jocal505's.  I've got my popcorn all ready to go.......  Just saying.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

And if there was ever an argument for large (i.e. normal) capacity mags, this ^^ is it.  Had the 4 shitbags gotten through the door before the gun owner knew they were coming and were barricaded in their bedroom, that would have been a whole different ball game with intruders spread throughout the house.  

My only issue with this video and the homeowner's actions is that he missed killing "stopping" at least the first two guys through the door.  He needs more work at the range.  Just saying.  

Guess my question to this is what were they after and what did they know they were up against.  Did the bad guys anticipate the shoot out at the OK corral hence the firepower?

There is something "hinki" here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Guess my question to this is what were they after and what did they know they were up against.  Did the bad guys anticipate the shoot out at the OK corral hence the firepower?

There is something "hinki" here.

Yeah, probably something amiss.  But the news chick said the homeowners were alerted by the motion detector and ring camera.  So it's just as likely that they were normal folks who had a few moments to get ready - and the intruders were prepared for the worst, especially given PHX is a well armed city.

But no..... it's as likely that it's just a bunch of thugs robbing another rival dealers meth house.  But presumably the cops would have come and looked around the house as part of the investigation.  I doubt they could have cleaned up a meth lab in the 6-9 min it took the cops to show......

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't need to.  The SC has already interpreted it, it's settled law.  I also suspect the Robert's court is going to weigh in on another Landmark gun rights case in the next few years and they will further clarify what the RKBA means.  Let's just say that liberal heads will explode, most of all @jocal505's.  I've got my popcorn all ready to go.......  Just saying.  

Your argument lacks any content. 


The founding fathers had both issues, and discussions, as the Second was framed. Issues about personal "confrontations" are absent in the historical record. Scalia introduced that, and he's the one who brought hearth and home into the Second...as a factor prioritized over-riding the (real, original) militia needs and framework.

You guys are making shit up. I admit that the disinformation may stick to the wall, BUT...

  • Problem #1. All this outdoor gun rights stuff is based on a phony, fabricated, and deceitful historical account.
  • Problem #2 is that guns and gun mentality are not working in our society.
  • The third problem is that assault weapons, in particular, are not working out in our society.
  • The fourth problem is the de-fluffer for today: Heller supports #3. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

True, technically not literally day 1.  What I meant rhetorically was that it was included in the very first package of the core BOR's.  It was what......  a whole 10 years later after the initial Big C ratification.  It certainly came well before "so-called" voting rights by almost a 100 years and about 200 years before "so-called" abortion rights.

Jeff, you're supposed to be some sort of gunallectual but you're still missing something, something big. There are Australians amongst who have demonstrated a better command of American history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:
44 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

True, technically not literally day 1.  What I meant rhetorically was that it was included in the very first package of the core BOR's.  It was what......  a whole 10 years later after the initial Big C ratification.  It certainly came well before "so-called" voting rights by almost a 100 years and about 200 years before "so-called" abortion rights.

Jeff, you're supposed to be some sort of gunallectual but you're still missing something. There are Australians amongst who have demonstrated a better command of American history.

Please feel free then to point out where I'm wrong then.  Explicit voting rights of any kind don't show up until the 15th Am after the "War of Northern Aggression".  Abortion was not a "right" until the 1970s.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why do you say "so-called" gun rights?  Are you saying we don't have gun rights? I would say they are just as valid rights as your so-called votings rights and definitely on more stable ground that your so-called abortion rights.  I did a word search in the entire constitution and found nowhere where Abortion is stated as a "right".  I also tried to search for the right to vote and it doesn't even show up until the 15th Am, almost 100 years after the original Constitution was ratified.  Yet the right to Keep and Bear Arms is there from day 1 and explicitly gives us that right, reaffirmed by the SCOTUS.  So there is nothing "so-called" about it.  

Why do you hate The Big C so much, and by extension why do you hate 'Murica so much?

I say so-called because everything in this country seems to lack permanency. There are active movements to change voting laws, abortion laws, immigration laws, Trump tried to take away the citizenship guarantee by the Constitution, but was handily rejected, his followers tried to upset the election by insurrection. The Constitutional right  of the 2nd Amendment is under threat because of the benefactors of that law fight any regulation to make it safer for everyone.

Nothing is forever. 

PS. Citizenship is in the 14th Amendment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!   DO SOMETHING!

Working on it.

Good.  And please continue to use examples like the above to keep pushing AWB's.  Because shit like this just feeds and strengthens the resistance. 

If you guys would instead come to the table and work on a holistic approach to violence then we might get somewhere.  But you won't.  And neither will the other side, unfortunately.  But at least your side has a better chance of being taken seriously by all the moderates in the middle on this if you toned down the stupidity.  The hardcore believers on both sides of this debate are entrenched into their positions.  But there are more of the moderate gun owners out there like me than there are of either extreme put together.  But your messaging and tactics suck.  And you drive even the liberal gun owners away because of it.  

Change the focus from the tools to the behaviors, and we might get somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Why do you say "so-called" gun rights?

I'll keep it short. Because castle doctrine. In common law, gun rights for "confrontations" were and are CONTAINED to hearth and home.

And Scalia stayed in that lane with the flagship Heller deal, Fluffy Jeff.

Link to post
Share on other sites