Responsible Gun Owner of the Day

I-94 shooting charges: Woman 'accidentally' shot, killed father while trying to break up argument

BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. (FOX 9) - A 42-year-old Brooklyn Center woman has been charged after she told police she "accidentally" shot and killed her father while trying to break up an argument, according to a complaint filed in Hennepin County District Court Tuesday.

Takesha Monic Deadwyler is charged with first-degree and second-degree manslaughter.

On Saturday, police responded to a reported shooting on I-94 and 53rd Avenue North in Brooklyn Center. When they arrived, they found Deadwyler's father had been shot in the head. He later died at the hospital.

Officers learned Deadwyler, her father, a man and two minors were in the car when an argument broke out between the man and Deadwyler's father, the charges state. The two men began slapping and hitting each other, so Deadwyler pulled the car over. Deadwyler, her father and the man got out of the car. While trying to separate the two men, she pulled out her gun, racked it and pointed it at the man and told him to stop.

According to the charges, the witnesses still inside the car heard a shot ring out and saw Deadwyler's father fall to the ground. Deadwyler told police she shot her father, but that the gun "accidentally went off" while she was trying to separate the two men.

Deadwyler is in custody at the Hennepin County Jail. Her first appearance in court is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.fox9.com/news/i-94-shooting-charges-gun-accidentally-went-off-during-argument?fbclid=IwAR2g68LGG3A7ABhV2kMpv6Q5txq6By496jRfjkT67HvniHfvdK4tToIYVn0

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It resides only in a galaxy far far away, AFAIK. Seriously, though...he's kinda right. Whether or not it's SOP on sets for the actor to do the final check,  nearly all accounts it isn't (the indu

I used to be a gun guy...and this bullshit is probably part of why I'm not now. Training is fine.  Practice is fine. This is simulating what is seen in movies/video games not for accurate ta

Posted Images

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I-94 shooting charges: Woman 'accidentally' shot, killed father while trying to break up argument

BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. (FOX 9) - A 42-year-old Brooklyn Center woman has been charged after she told police she "accidentally" shot and killed her father while trying to break up an argument, according to a complaint filed in Hennepin County District Court Tuesday.

Takesha Monic Deadwyler is charged with first-degree and second-degree manslaughter.

On Saturday, police responded to a reported shooting on I-94 and 53rd Avenue North in Brooklyn Center. When they arrived, they found Deadwyler's father had been shot in the head. He later died at the hospital.

Officers learned Deadwyler, her father, a man and two minors were in the car when an argument broke out between the man and Deadwyler's father, the charges state. The two men began slapping and hitting each other, so Deadwyler pulled the car over. Deadwyler, her father and the man got out of the car. While trying to separate the two men, she pulled out her gun, racked it and pointed it at the man and told him to stop.

According to the charges, the witnesses still inside the car heard a shot ring out and saw Deadwyler's father fall to the ground. Deadwyler told police she shot her father, but that the gun "accidentally went off" while she was trying to separate the two men.

Deadwyler is in custody at the Hennepin County Jail. Her first appearance in court is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.fox9.com/news/i-94-shooting-charges-gun-accidentally-went-off-during-argument?fbclid=IwAR2g68LGG3A7ABhV2kMpv6Q5txq6By496jRfjkT67HvniHfvdK4tToIYVn0

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN!!!  GET IT DONE NOW!  WE CAN STOP ALL INCIDENTS OF STUPIDITY IF WE JUST GET RID OF AR-15s!

#nancybanassaultweapons#especiallyordinary22s

6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN!!!  GET IT DONE NOW!  WE CAN STOP ALL INCIDENTS OF STUPIDITY IF WE JUST GET RID OF AR-15s!

#nancybanassaultweapons#especiallyordinary22s

No need. The Second Amendment is determined to kill itself.

3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

So you're actually stating here, in public,......that a million law enforcement and military personel.....are 'cowards'?...

Yeah sure, look how well gunz in Mexico have worked out. 

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

FIFY

When has that ever stopped politicians from proposing AWBs for handgun crimes? Hell, I’m not aware of a single instance of an AW that was used in a suicide, yet suicides are often proffered as reasons to ban AWs. 

just saying. 

Florida corrections trainee dies in accidental shooting

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a Florida Department of Corrections trainee was killed in an accidental shooting. 

The department released a statement Saturday identifying the trainee as Whitney Cloud, who had been with the agency since June. She was assigned to the Jefferson Correctional Institution and was training at Wakulla Correctional Institution in Crawfordville. 

The statement says Cloud was shot accidentally during firearms training on Thursday. No one else was injured. 

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting. Corrections Secretary Mark Inch says the agency is devastated by the shooting.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/florida-corrections-trainee-dies-in-accidental-shooting?fbclid=IwAR1W_KomzWyeyyqUYlYwXXVJz0ISeXHzQ5HOA_rnnk4SggMc39dHJA5tLtM

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Florida corrections trainee dies in accidental shooting

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a Florida Department of Corrections trainee was killed in an accidental shooting. 

The department released a statement Saturday identifying the trainee as Whitney Cloud, who had been with the agency since June. She was assigned to the Jefferson Correctional Institution and was training at Wakulla Correctional Institution in Crawfordville. 

The statement says Cloud was shot accidentally during firearms training on Thursday. No one else was injured. 

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting. Corrections Secretary Mark Inch says the agency is devastated by the shooting.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/florida-corrections-trainee-dies-in-accidental-shooting?fbclid=IwAR1W_KomzWyeyyqUYlYwXXVJz0ISeXHzQ5HOA_rnnk4SggMc39dHJA5tLtM

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!!!!  DO SOMETHING!!

14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Earth to Fluffy Jeff

The local gun mayhem is bad in Seattle right now. REALLY bad. 

‘We’re better than this,’ Seattle’s interim police chief says of ongoing spike in gun violence | The Seattle Times

Between Thursday night and Saturday afternoon, seven people were injured in shootings in Hillman City, First Hill, Georgetown, downtown, the Chinatown-International District and West Seattle neighborhoods, and two people were found dead from gunshot wounds in Lake City, according to police. No one was hit in a shooting outside a Pioneer Square nightclub Friday night, but following a pursuit that ended at 21st Avenue and Yesler Way, police booked two people into jail and seized three guns and multiple shell casings from inside a crashed vehicle, says an item posted to the department’s online blotter.

Then a little after 1 a.m. Tuesday, police responded to a report of a shooting in the 1000 block of East John Street, where they say a 39-year-old man reportedly shot and killed a 24-year-old man in self-defense after the younger man attempted to rob him.

Later that day, after the news conference, a 58-year-old woman was shot and wounded in a robbery in the Greenlake neighborhood at about 1:35 p.m. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition, police said.

A third shooting was reported at 6:18 p.m. in the 200 block of Yesler Way, at Prefontaine Place park in Pioneer Square. Police said a 20-year-old man was shot in the abdomen, and he was taken to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition. Some witnesses told police there was a fight prior to the shooting.

Diaz also referenced the five people who were killed and seven others who were wounded over a bloody weekend in late July. 

57 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

With collective rights come collective responsibilities, so it makes sense to hold tens of millions of peaceful gun owners responsible for the people badlat likes to post about and DO SOMETHING about our battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons.

19 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

With collective rights come collective responsibilities, so it makes sense to hold tens of millions of peaceful gun owners responsible for the people badlat likes to post about and DO SOMETHING about our battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons.

Allow me a question Tom.... Are you a member of the militia? A well regulated  militia? One that gets together for training? Practices? One that has some kind of organization? You know....despite the fact that all 50 states prohibit private paramilitary activity.

53 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You're so damn Pedantic. I'm afraid to post gun articles for fear I might hurt your feewings.

What am I being pedantic about?  Serious question.  What are you hoping to achieve with these sorts of posts, anyway.  Especially the last one about the Prison guard trainee who was killed by accident.  Are you advocating that prison guards NOT be armed?  Because there is no other point to that that I can see, other than an incredibly weak sauce attempt to try to say that "gunz are bad.....m'kay".  

Go look up how many soldiers die in training accidents every year.  By your logic, we should ban Bradley fighting vehicles, Amphibs and Blackhawk helicopters et al.  

MY very succinct and germaine point is that the anti-gun lobby and congressional elk constantly use these instances to call for an assault weapons ban every time a non-AW gun is involved in a shooting.  Yes there are some dumbasses out their who abuse their right and privilege to own guns and end up hurting themselves or others and they have no business being behind the trigger.  Just as there are a yuge amount of dumbasses out there who have zero business being behind the wheel of a 6K lb vehicle despite being trained and licensed.  Do you blame the car for it?

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

What am I being pedantic about?  Serious question.  What are you hoping to achieve with these sorts of posts, anyway.  Especially the last one about the Prison guard trainee who was killed by accident.  Are you advocating that prison guards NOT be armed?  Because there is no other point to that that I can see, other than an incredibly weak sauce attempt to try to say that "gunz are bad.....m'kay".  

Go look up how many soldiers die in training accidents every year.  By your logic, we should ban Bradley fighting vehicles, Amphibs and Blackhawk helicopters et al.  

MY very succinct and germaine point is that the anti-gun lobby and congressional elk constantly use these instances to call for an assault weapons ban every time a non-AW gun is involved in a shooting.  Yes there are some dumbasses out their who abuse their right and privilege to own guns and end up hurting themselves or others and they have no business being behind the trigger.  Just as there are a yuge amount of dumbasses out there who have zero business being behind the wheel of a 6K lb vehicle despite being trained and licensed.  Do you blame the car for it?

You posting the same measured response is both pedantic and an attempt to sabotage a thread about gun irresponsibility. I'm trying to develop a discussion and you are clearly trying to derail it. The point about training is the greatest broken rule of gun safety, and that is proper gun handling. Something so badly ignored that we see daily incidents where that rule is both abused and flaunted.

If anti gun lobby's and Congressional committees use these instances to point out serious deficiencies why are you complaining? I haven't seen anyone bring up AW's since probably Las Vegas, I think you are just acting butthurt here. I thought we were on the same page,  but I guess not. You are still a partisan hack and I'm glad you revealed yourself, I'll waste a whole lot less time seeking your concurrence.

29 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You posting the same measured response is both pedantic and an attempt to sabotage a thread about gun irresponsibility. I'm trying to develop a discussion and you are clearly trying to derail it. The point about training is the greatest broken rule of gun safety, and that is proper gun handling. Something so badly ignored that we see daily incidents where that rule is both abused and flaunted.

If anti gun lobby's and Congressional committees use these instances to point out serious deficiencies why are you complaining? I haven't seen anyone bring up AW's since probably Las Vegas, I think you are just acting butthurt here. I thought we were on the same page,  but I guess not. You are still a partisan hack and I'm glad you revealed yourself, I'll waste a whole lot less time seeking your concurrence.

Since Vegas?  Really?  Please note the date of Apr 2021.

Biden Seeks Assault Weapons Ban and Background Checks

After the second mass shooting in a week, the president said tighter gun laws should not be a partisan issue, but Republicans in Congress showed little interest in Democratic proposals.

23dc-biden1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&

“This is not and should not be a partisan issue — it is an American issue,” President Biden said on Tuesday. “This is not and should not be a partisan issue — it is an American issue,” President Biden said on Tuesday.Credit...Anna Moneymaker for The New York Times

Published March 23, 2021Updated April 7, 2021

WASHINGTON — Faced with the second mass shooting in a week, President Biden and Democrats on Capitol Hill called on Tuesday for fast action to enact stricter gun laws, a plea that was immediately met with a blockade of opposition by Republicans.

In brief, somber remarks from the White House, Mr. Biden called on the Senate to pass a ban on assault weapons and to close background check loopholes, saying that doing so would be “common sense steps that will save lives in the future.”

His demand for action was the latest in what has become a doleful ritual in Washington: making a renewed call for gun safety legislation after a deadly shooting, this one at a Colorado grocery store where 10 people, including a police officer, were killed on Monday.

“This is not and should not be a partisan issue — it is an American issue,” Mr. Biden said. “We have to act.”

Both of the shootings Biden is referring to there were committed with handguns.  But THE first immediate reaction is "BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS".  I'm simply parroting joe's call for an AWB in response to non-AWB incidents.  Do you think Biden was wrong to call for an AWB in reaction to those events?  If so, I've never once heard you say it.

If you think he is in fact wrong, then we have some common ground.  If you think AWBs are justified in every case of a non-AWB incident, then there is no concurrence.

And obtw - no butthurt here or attempt to derail.  I'm actually keeping it entirely ON POINT by following our President's lead of calling for an AWB for non-AWB related crimes.  If you have a problem with that, then maybe try writing him and your congress critters and tell them ixnay on the AWB-nay. 

Just saying......

And FTR (again) - I fully support closing the BGC loopholes, UBCs, and stricter enforcement and punishment of current gun laws.  But I do not support banning a class of weapon that is not only common and ubiquitous and used safely by 100's of millions of US citizens every day - but also is exactly the sort of weapon the The Founders envisioned would be most useful for militia service should that ever become necessary.  

3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Since Vegas?  Really?  

Both of the shootings Biden is referring to there were committed with handguns.  But THE first immediate reaction is "BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS".  I'm simply parroting joe's call for an AWB in response to non-AWB incidents.  Do you think Biden was wrong to call for an AWB in reaction to those events?  If so, I've never once heard you say it.

If you think he is in fact wrong, then we have some common ground.  If you think AWBs are justified in every case of a non-AWB incident, then there is no concurrence.

And obtw - no butthurt here or attempt to derail.  I'm actually keeping it entirely ON POINT by following our President's lead of calling for an AWB for non-AWB related crimes.  If you have a problem with that, then maybe try writing him and your congress critters and tell them ixnay on the AWB-nay. 

Just saying......

I tried, but I don’t think we will ever have common ground on guns. Meanwhile, try to keep Biden out of our discussions, I'm not talking about gun control, I am trying to get the point of proper education about guns and gun safety as a way to keep people safe and return  guns to respectability.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

And FTR (again) - I fully support closing the BGC loopholes, UBCs, and stricter enforcement and punishment of current gun laws.  But I do not support banning a class of weapon that is not only common and ubiquitous and used safely by 100's of millions of US citizens every day - but also is exactly the sort of weapon the The Founders envisioned would be most useful for militia service should that ever become necessary.  

They must have had one hell of a DeLorean to have thought that up.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I tried, but I don’t think we will ever have common ground on guns. Meanwhile, try to keep Biden out of our discussions, I'm not talking about gun control, I am trying to get the point of proper education about guns and gun safety as a way to keep people safe and return  guns to respectability.

Biden aside, go back and read through your thread and tell me where training would have really made a difference.  Numerous ones are where people were drunk and did something stupid.  Does drivers Ed prevent someone from betting behind the wheel when they are shitfaced drunk and crashing into a school bus full of nuns and children.  Does training and proper gun handling prevent a rival gang from gunning down their competitors?  Does training prevent a toddler from getting a gun and shooting a playmate?  

The answer to that question is "sometimes".  But the reality is that even trained people are just fucking stoopid.  I'm sure that woman who got shot by her kid while on a zoom call absolutely knew it was a bad Idea to leave a gun laying around, but she did it anyway.  People are stoopid.  

And FTR (again) - I am absolutely an advocate for training.  But the problem you have is that the Dems (city, state and local) have historically used "training" mandates as a code word for gun control by making it so onerous a bar to reach that many give up.  Which is the entire point for them.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Biden aside, go back and read through your thread and tell me where training would have really made a difference.  Numerous ones are where people were drunk and did something stupid.  Does drivers Ed prevent someone from betting behind the wheel when they are shitfaced drunk and crashing into a school bus full of nuns and children.  Does training and proper gun handling prevent a rival gang from gunning down their competitors?  Does training prevent a toddler from getting a gun and shooting a playmate?  

The answer to that question is "sometimes".  But the reality is that even trained people are just fucking stoopid.  I'm sure that woman who got shot by her kid while on a zoom call absolutely knew it was a bad Idea to leave a gun laying around, but she did it anyway.  People are stoopid.  

And FTR (again) - I am absolutely an advocate for training.  But the problem you have is that the Dems (city, state and local) have historically used "training" mandates as a code word for gun control by making it so onerous a bar to reach that many give up.  Which is the entire point for them.

Please Jeff, you know as well as I do that simply locking up your gun and keeping it in a safe place while keeping your ammo separate, will reduce accidents. Gun safety rules are everywhere, stop acting like you're afraid of them.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I am trying to get the point of proper education about guns and gun safety as a way to keep people safe and return  guns to respectability.

By never posting an example of such? Right.

7 hours ago, basketcase said:

Allow me a question Tom.... Are you a member of the militia? A well regulated  militia? One that gets together for training? Practices? One that has some kind of organization? You know....despite the fact that all 50 states prohibit private paramilitary activity.

I'm part of The People referenced in several places in the Bill of Rights. The second amendment exists so that The People can keep and bear battlefield .22's and other military equipment and, if we choose, form a militia.

Are you part of The People like Otis McDonald, Dick Heller, Jack Miller, and me?

11 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

. The second amendment exists so that The People can keep and bear battlefield .22's and other military equipment and, if we choose, form a militia.

Thats not what it says. No where does it say if you choose. No where does it say 'and other military equipment'. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

By never posting an example of such? Righ

I just posted an example, if you're asking me to be an instructor, you can forget about it. I have high blood pressure just talking to you and Jeff Bozo.

11 minutes ago, ExOmo said:

I really have no idea what's in this thread but I'm sure it will all better now in Texas.

Everything's better in Texas as long as you are a straight white male with the IQ of a toaster oven.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, basketcase said:

Thats not what it says. No where does it say if you choose. No where does it say 'and other military equipment'. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Leaving us the option of being armed is a form of "if you choose."

There are arguments about which weapons are covered. The Miller case says that weapons that are "part of the ordinary military equipment" are covered, so that certainly includes battlefield .22's and other such weapons of war. Another point of view, upheld by the Massachusetts Supreme Court, says that this particular part of the Bill of Rights is stuck in the 18th century and any weapons developed since then are not covered. Do you agree with that?

You didn't answer my question: are you part of The People referenced in several amendments or not?

5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Leaving us the option of being armed is a form of "if you choose."

There are arguments about which weapons are covered. The Miller case says that weapons that are "part of the ordinary military equipment" are covered, so that certainly includes battlefield .22's and other such weapons of war. Another point of view, upheld by the Massachusetts Supreme Court, says that this particular part of the Bill of Rights is stuck in the 18th century and any weapons developed since then are not covered. Do you agree with that?

You didn't answer my question: are you part of The People referenced in several amendments or not?

No, I am not. I am a Canadian living in the states.

I think, unlike you, that yes this part of the bill of rights should be stuck in the 18th century and all weapons developed after should not be included. Unlike our friend Jeff, I do not believe that this country's fore fathers had the foresight to draft up the second to cover something like an AR15.

Now, if you please, are you part of a 'WELL REGULATED MILITIA'? Not Meal Team Six. Not The Gravy Seals. Not a citizen with a collection in his basement waiting for the moment to rise up against a tyrannical government (that time passed, by the way). Well regulated. 

20 hours ago, basketcase said:

seriously? hundreds of millions? HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS?

Yes seriously.  There are estimated at least 100 million people who legally own guns in the US.  

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Please Jeff, you know as well as I do that simply locking up your gun and keeping it in a safe place while keeping your ammo separate, will reduce accidents. Gun safety rules are everywhere, stop acting like you're afraid of them.

You must be speaking to someone else or are confused.  Because I have never been against safe storage of weapons.

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Furthermore, You know as well as I do that Training is NOT the silver bullet (pun intended) you think it is.  And the reality is that dem cities and states have routinely used the ruse of "Training and storage requirements" to make gun ownership almost impossible for many.  If you and your elk would stop trying to fuck with gun owners with these deliberately draconian requirements - you wouldn't have rulings from the SCOTUS like Heller and McDonald.  And you wouldn't have the gun lobby and gun owners wary of any proposals that you proffer that might actually help the situation but they don't trust your motives.  And I can't blame them.  Because every time we've given you and inch, you take 1000 miles.  

6 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

What Bullshit. Let's take the cases one by one.

In the first case, MIller, he was only considered because he was physically capable of the common defense. THE PEOPLE WERE NOT ENDOWED GUN RIGHTS BY MILLER.

In the other cases, Heller and McDonald, this term "The People" needed a contextual application.

The only pre-Heller basis for any case law for "The People" having gun rights (via the second Amendment) is the Palmer case of 2007. (Note: Tom Palmer carries a CATO business card.)

The Palmer case relies upon a sketchy historical basis, which does not pass peer review. And the Palmer fabrication introduces confusion with regard to the roles of civilian justice vs. military justice: a slippery slope is yet to be crossed here. 

54 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

you wouldn't have rulings from the SCOTUS like Heller and McDonald

Heller I, II, and III have paid BIG dividends for gun violence prevention. Many pertinent cases quote Heller, up and down.

Your posts from yesterday, and the flatulent battlefield .22 uproar, are voices denouncing the very terms of Heller. Heller nixed m-16's and like weapons, flat-out.

Long live the Heller Case. 

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Furthermore, You know as well as I do that Training is NOT the silver bullet (pun intended) you think it is.  And the reality is that dem cities and states have routinely used the ruse of "Training and storage requirements" to make gun ownership almost impossible for many.  If you and your elk would stop trying to fuck with gun owners with these deliberately draconian requirements - you wouldn't have rulings from the SCOTUS like Heller and McDonald.  And you wouldn't have the gun lobby and gun owners wary of any proposals that you proffer that might actually help the situation but they don't trust your motives.  And I can't blame them.  Because every time we've given you and inch, you take 1000 miles.  I suggest you signn up for a gun safety course

Your post is revealing. Training is how we solve gun ignorance, I suggest you sign up for a course before everyone realizes what a jack ass fool you are.

Gun safety is the single  most important tool we have to educate gun use. States, the NRA, gun manufacturers, gun stores, openly endorse gun safety, gun training, and proper storage. Here is rule #2 from the NSSF, The Firearm Industry Trade Association. There are hundreds of others.

2. FIREARMS SHOULD BE UNLOADED WHEN NOT ACTUALLY IN USE

Firearms should be loaded only when you are in the field or on the target range or shooting area, ready to shoot. When not in use, firearms and ammunition should be secured in a safe place, separate from each other. It is your responsibility to prevent children and unauthorized adults from gaining access to firearms or ammunition.

Unload your gun as soon as you are finished. A loaded gun has no place in or near a car, truck or building. Unload your gun immediately when you have finished shooting, well before you bring it into a car, camp or home.

Whenever you handle a firearm or hand it to someone, always open the action immediately, and visually check the chamber, receiver and magazine to be certain they do not contain any ammunition. Always keep actions open when not in use. Never assume a gun is unloaded — check for yourself! This is considered a mark of an experienced gun handler!

Never cross a fence, climb a tree or perform any awkward action with a loaded gun. While in the field, there will be times when common sense and the basic rules of firearms safety will require you to unload your gun for maximum safety. Never pull or push a loaded firearm toward yourself or another person. There is never any excuse to carry a loaded gun in a scabbard, a holster not being worn or a gun case. When in doubt, unload your gun!

Many states require you buy a locking device when you purchase a gun, they are not expensive at all. Anyone can take a gun safety course online for free, there are also free courses if you need to have a Firearm Safety Certificate. Many states do not provide any course at all. Those citizens can still take advantage of a free education and there is little excuse not to. The tools are in place, but we have hacks like you saying it is an abuse of MAHRIGHTS and poor people can't afford it. I say bullshit, if you can buy a gun, you can buy a lock.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Just stay away from the Big Cities that are run by Democrats....and you'll be just fine....

If I were going to base where my family and I were living based on where the guns were, I would just move out of this 'third world shithole'.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3zeew/gun-enthusiasts-celebrate-man-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king

Gun Enthusiasts Celebrate Man Who Shot Himself in the Balls as Their King

On August 11, a member of the group "Loaded Guns Pointed at [B]enis" posted a video of himself pointing a loaded 1911 handgun at his junk. There’s a brief pause before the gun discharges.

The original video of the man shooting himself in the balls and subsequent thread has been deleted, but members of the group captured the video and aftermath and reuploaded it.

“Hey [b]ois, I might have fucked up,” the man who shot himself in the balls wrote above a picture of his naked legs and splattered blood on the carpet of his floor. A towel is stuffed between his legs and a printed out copy of the constitution is crumpled on the edge of the photo.

The guy posted through the incident as he bled. “God’s caliber [.45] went through my scrotum, mattress, boxspring, and floor,” he wrote. Originally the man thought he’d just grazed his balls, but a subsequent hospital visit told a different story.

EY4pMcMVcAATswr?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Mark K said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3zeew/gun-enthusiasts-celebrate-man-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king

Gun Enthusiasts Celebrate Man Who Shot Himself in the Balls as Their King

On August 11, a member of the group "Loaded Guns Pointed at [B]enis" posted a video of himself pointing a loaded 1911 handgun at his junk. There’s a brief pause before the gun discharges.

The original video of the man shooting himself in the balls and subsequent thread has been deleted, but members of the group captured the video and aftermath and reuploaded it.

“Hey [b]ois, I might have fucked up,” the man who shot himself in the balls wrote above a picture of his naked legs and splattered blood on the carpet of his floor. A towel is stuffed between his legs and a printed out copy of the constitution is crumpled on the edge of the photo.

The guy posted through the incident as he bled. “God’s caliber [.45] went through my scrotum, mattress, boxspring, and floor,” he wrote. Originally the man thought he’d just grazed his balls, but a subsequent hospital visit told a different story.

EY4pMcMVcAATswr?format=jpg&name=small

If that man finished his post after shooting himself in the balls with a .45, he's amazing and has tiny balls. 

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If that man finished his post after shooting himself in the balls with a .45, he's amazing and has tiny balls. 

Still a larger target than his brain.  

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Tell me, for the love of God lie to me if you have to, but tell me he did this in his truck.

I would never stop laughing if his truck was a Ridgeline. He was at home, when he did it in bed, and he will probably be embarrassed when he has to throw his mattress out.

“The reason we are calling him king is partially because the poor guy already shot himself, don’t think he needs to be chastised as well… I’m quite sure he’s learned his lesson without the entire world calling him an idiot.”

Not only is he an idiot, he shot at his dick from point blank range and missed!

That alone is worth giving the jerk some shit for.

1 hour ago, Willin' said:

“The reason we are calling him king is partially because the poor guy already shot himself, don’t think he needs to be chastised as well… I’m quite sure he’s learned his lesson without the entire world calling him an idiot.”

Not only is he an idiot, he shot at his dick from point blank range and missed!

That alone is worth giving the jerk some shit for.

I think this is a great way to own some libs. Lots and lots of libs.

Especially after refusing to get vaccinated, that would be a guaranteed way to own MILLIONZ of libz.

- DSK

• Like 1
On 9/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, badlatitude said:

Your post is revealing. Training is how we solve gun ignorance, I suggest you sign up for a course before everyone realizes what a jack ass fool you are.

Gun safety is the single  most important tool we have to educate gun use. States, the NRA, gun manufacturers, gun stores, openly endorse gun safety, gun training, and proper storage. Here is rule #2 from the NSSF, The Firearm Industry Trade Association. There are hundreds of others.

2. FIREARMS SHOULD BE UNLOADED WHEN NOT ACTUALLY IN USE

Firearms should be loaded only when you are in the field or on the target range or shooting area, ready to shoot. When not in use, firearms and ammunition should be secured in a safe place, separate from each other. It is your responsibility to prevent children and unauthorized adults from gaining access to firearms or ammunition.

Unload your gun as soon as you are finished. A loaded gun has no place in or near a car, truck or building. Unload your gun immediately when you have finished shooting, well before you bring it into a car, camp or home.

Whenever you handle a firearm or hand it to someone, always open the action immediately, and visually check the chamber, receiver and magazine to be certain they do not contain any ammunition. Always keep actions open when not in use. Never assume a gun is unloaded — check for yourself! This is considered a mark of an experienced gun handler!

Never cross a fence, climb a tree or perform any awkward action with a loaded gun. While in the field, there will be times when common sense and the basic rules of firearms safety will require you to unload your gun for maximum safety. Never pull or push a loaded firearm toward yourself or another person. There is never any excuse to carry a loaded gun in a scabbard, a holster not being worn or a gun case. When in doubt, unload your gun!

Many states require you buy a locking device when you purchase a gun, they are not expensive at all. Anyone can take a gun safety course online for free, there are also free courses if you need to have a Firearm Safety Certificate. Many states do not provide any course at all. Those citizens can still take advantage of a free education and there is little excuse not to. The tools are in place, but we have hacks like you saying it is an abuse of MAHRIGHTS and poor people can't afford it. I say bullshit, if you can buy a gun, you can buy a lock.

Again, you must be speaking to or thinking of someone else.  I am not only a huge advocate for gun training but am a certified firearms instructor.  I often volunteer as an RO at my local shooting club when I am not competing myself.  So now that that is out of the way, as usual, you completely ignored my central point about training.  I would love for training to be mandatory IF gov't didn't have a long history of using it as an excuse to make firearms ownership (aka exercising a Constitutional right) deliberately too difficult for most to be able to meet that bar.  There are examples after examples where mandatory training has been enacted and then the local or state gov't closes down the shooting range such that the next nearest one is hours away.  Coincidence???  Come on, who are you kidding?  And that's before you have to pay the fee for the training - usually in the hundreds of $$, plus the travel time, plus the time off work, etc.  

And again, as much of an advocate for training as I am - I am also a realist to know that lack of training is NOT, and I repeat NOT - the primary cause of gun deaths.  It's not even in 2nd place.  Gun training is not going to stop someone from committing suicide and it's not going to prevent someone deliberately picking up a gun and murdering someone.  Accidental gun deaths are a fraction of the overall.

And personally, I don't think "safety training" has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with going to the range to shoot.  I'd be fine if the individual was required to memorize and demonstrate the 4 basic rules of firearms safety there in the shop before they walk out.  We sell swimming pools and ladders to people without any requirement for "training" and far more people drown or fall and kill themselves that people die from accidental firearms related death.

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

....  I'd be fine if the individual was required to memorize and demonstrate the 4 basic rules of firearms safety there in the shop before they walk out.  We sell swimming pools and ladders to people without any requirement for "training" and far more people drown or fall and kill themselves that people die from accidental firearms related death.

Yeah, the disconnect here is that ladders and swimming pools only kill the dumbass who misuses it. Firearms can kill a whole bunch of other people who just happened to be standing nearby.

However FWIW I agree about training

- DSK

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I am also a realist to know that lack of training is NOT, and I repeat NOT - the primary cause of gun deaths. 

What is the "primary cause" of gun deaths?

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

It's not even in 2nd place. 

What is the secondary cause of gun deaths?

(Please include your sources in your answer.)

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Again, you must be speaking to or thinking of someone else.  I am not only a huge advocate for gun training but am a certified firearms instructor.  I often volunteer as an RO at my local shooting club when I am not competing myself.  So now that that is out of the way, as usual, you completely ignored my central point about training.  I would love for training to be mandatory IF gov't didn't have a long history of using it as an excuse to make firearms ownership (aka exercising a Constitutional right) deliberately too difficult for most to be able to meet that bar.  There are examples after examples where mandatory training has been enacted and then the local or state gov't closes down the shooting range such that the next nearest one is hours away.  Coincidence???  Come on, who are you kidding?  And that's before you have to pay the fee for the training - usually in the hundreds of $$, plus the travel time, plus the time off work, etc.  

And again, as much of an advocate for training as I am - I am also a realist to know that lack of training is NOT, and I repeat NOT - the primary cause of gun deaths.  It's not even in 2nd place.  Gun training is not going to stop someone from committing suicide and it's not going to prevent someone deliberately picking up a gun and murdering someone.  Accidental gun deaths are a fraction of the overall.

And personally, I don't think "safety training" has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with going to the range to shoot.  I'd be fine if the individual was required to memorize and demonstrate the 4 basic rules of firearms safety there in the shop before they walk out.  We sell swimming pools and ladders to people without any requirement for "training" and far more people drown or fall and kill themselves that people die from accidental firearms related death.

You should try your hand at stand up comedy. You tell us that you are a huge advocate for gun training, then bullet point all the reasons why training is bad. I won't waste time debating you, you have already made up your mind.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

You should try your hand at stand up comedy. You tell us that you are a huge advocate for gun training, then bullet point all the reasons why training is bad. I won't waste time debating you, you have already made up your mind.

Oh Lord, please Lord, no.

Why did the knock knock joke cross the road?

It heard that Jeff was gonna try and tell it.

But at least Jeff is funnier than Tom is.

Knock knock

Who's there?

Tom

Tom who

Tom Ray

• Like 1

I have a candidate for today. A trained military sniper, with PTSD...on meth, with gunz. Hears God, in Florida.

The lieutenant then went to the back of the house and entered and came upon the same suspect, now outfitted in a bulletproof vest, camo, knee protection and head protection, according to the sheriff.

Judd said there were "at least dozens if not hundreds" of rounds fired between the suspect and deputies.
"It was a tough situation and it entailed at least two shootouts in close quarter with the suspect," he said.
(...)The suspect's girlfriend told authorities that he had been diagnosed with PTSD and had been acting erratically in the past week, saying that he was receiving visions from God, according to the sheriff.
53 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

I have a candidate for today. A trained military sniper, with PTSD...on meth, with gunz. Hears God, in Florida.

The lieutenant then went to the back of the house and entered and came upon the same suspect, now outfitted in a bulletproof vest, camo, knee protection and head protection, according to the sheriff.

Judd said there were "at least dozens if not hundreds" of rounds fired between the suspect and deputies.
"It was a tough situation and it entailed at least two shootouts in close quarter with the suspect," he said.
(...)The suspect's girlfriend told authorities that he had been diagnosed with PTSD and had been acting erratically in the past week, saying that he was receiving visions from God, according to the sheriff.

If that baby had open carry, he could have stopped that mutherfucker.

8 hours ago, jocal505 said:

What is the "primary cause" of gun deaths?

What is the secondary cause of gun deaths?

(Please include your sources in your answer.)

image.thumb.png.de462cd4d14a29d699e35196e0b5d628.png

Why give easy fire arm access to so many ignorant and under educated people.

"Einstein's definition of insanity: “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.”"

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

So, since it's just suicide, hot & cold running gunz are a good thing?

Quite apart from what happened with my brother & mother, earlier this year one of my union brothers took himself out with a shotgun.

3 hours ago, animeproblem said:

So, since it's just suicide, hot & cold running gunz are a good thing?

Lots of countries with strict gun control have suicide rates similar to, and higher than, the US rate. Grabbers like to use suicides to pad numbers and scare people about violent crimes but the fact is it's very hard to get a gun in Japan, which has a high suicide rate.

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

This wouldn't be treated as bad news if people would mind their own business. Not everyone wants to serve a life sentence with the cards they're dealt. Religion? Hope for that second chance.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

RETRACTION ALERT ^^^

The reason I asked, is that you have been spewing, without empirical contribution, in the last month or so, quite a few claims that gangbanger violence is the leading cause of gun homicide.

Thanks, Fluffy Jeff.

Guns and Gods and the GOP sounds sounds GOOD to me what could wrong, why are all gun owners cowards?

Four people are dead including a mother still cradling her now-deceased baby after a massive gunfight early Sunday with a former Marine a Florida sheriff said was "ready for battle" and so aggressive he tried to wrestle a gun from police from his hospital gurney after being captured.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said 33-year-old Bryan Riley appeared to be suffering from mental health issues and had been slowly unraveling for weeks, repeatedly telling his girlfriend that he could communicate directly with God.

5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Lots of countries with strict gun control have suicide rates similar to, and higher than, the US rate. Grabbers like to use suicides to pad numbers and scare people about violent crimes but the fact is it's very hard to get a gun in Japan, which has a high suicide rate.

DOGBALLED, ON SUICIDE ^^^ 

lazy-ass search, Bing: >"understanding Japan and suicide" for readers only

<https://www.bing.com/search?q=understanding+japan+and+suicide&cvid=3e4b1a40394a46d499e9092a216bc2a7&aqs=edge..69i57.14157j0j4&FORM=ANAB01&PC=HCTS

Why does Japan have such a high suicide rate? - BBC News

(an excellent read)

[Social factors of mental disorder and suicide in Japan ... https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24189564

Asian Honor and Suicide | Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/minority...

Seppuku - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Just tell us joe, 

I led the horses to water; they are on their own now.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, badlatitude said:

I am trying to get the point of proper education about guns and gun safety as a way to keep people safe and return  guns to respectability.

So how does this serve those purposes?

On 9/5/2021 at 6:03 PM, badlatitude said:

I was going to post this on a covid page, I think this is the better spot.

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!!!  GET THEM OUT OF TODDLERS HANDS!!!

Omar was looking for you.

1043438578_OmarIII.jpg.7b191548ff9c0200184694e4b75cad9f.jpg

Omar, The Wire 2.jpg

20 hours ago, badlatitude said:

It speaks for itself.

Oh. Seems to be saying, "Gun owners are responsible for the actions of criminals and idiots so we must ban battlefield .22's and other assault weapons now!"

Did I get that right?