Responsible Gun Owner of the Day

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It resides only in a galaxy far far away, AFAIK. Seriously, though...he's kinda right. Whether or not it's SOP on sets for the actor to do the final check,  nearly all accounts it isn't (the indu

I used to be a gun guy...and this bullshit is probably part of why I'm not now. Training is fine.  Practice is fine. This is simulating what is seen in movies/video games not for accurate ta

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

well, maybe not to his parents, siblings and loved ones. but to assholes on the internet its a good belly laugh. Almost as good as the woman shot while holding her baby.

4 hours ago, basketcase said:

well, maybe not to his parents, siblings and loved ones. but to assholes on the internet its a good belly laugh. Almost as good as the woman shot while holding her baby.

Well then, I’d better not tell any Dead Baby Jokes, especially not …

What does a bowman call a baby after shoving a spinnaker pole through it?

Made!

Or ... How many dead babies can you put in a J105?

That’s disgusting.

And definitely not ... What do you call a baby caught in a winch?

The departed.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Well then, I’d better not tell any Dead Baby Jokes, especially not …

What does a bowman call a baby after shoving a spinnaker pole through it?

Made!

Or ... How many dead babies can you put in a J105?

That’s disgusting.

And definitely not ... What do you call a baby caught in a winch?

The departed.

I don't know..... Some how there's a difference between a dead baby joke, and laughing at  some poor  young cunt that was killed at work. Maybe its just me.

20 minutes ago, basketcase said:

I don't know..... Some how there's a difference between a dead baby joke, and laughing at  some poor  young cunt that was killed at work. Maybe its just me.

It's just a joke. If you want to deconstruct it, you might wonder why the Oklahoma TV station even put it on air. But to be clear, I wasn't laughing at the dead guy. I was making fun of Jeff's strawman.

(But I am in favor of banning assault weapons.)

• Like 1

Judge kills himself moments before arrest over hidden bathroom camera accusations

Investigators say Jonathan Newell swallowed camera’s memory card before being questioned 

A judge killed himself moments before he was to have been arrested on allegations he had a hidden camera that captured images of naked boys in his bathroom. 

Jonathan Newell, 50, had been on leave from his role as a circuit judge in Maryland’s Caroline County since July after allegations were made against him. 

When FBI agents arrived at his home in Henderson, Maryland, on Friday morning to arrest him on a federal criminal complaint they found him “suffering from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.” 

The Maryland US Attorney’s Office confirmed that the judge had been pronounced dead at 6.43am.

Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/judge-arrest-fbi-maryland-camera-b1918239.html 

Judge Newell was appointed by Gov Larry Hogan(R) of MD

27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Judge kills himself moments before arrest over hidden bathroom camera accusations

Investigators say Jonathan Newell swallowed camera’s memory card before being questioned 

A judge killed himself moments before he was to have been arrested on allegations he had a hidden camera that captured images of naked boys in his bathroom. 

Jonathan Newell, 50, had been on leave from his role as a circuit judge in Maryland’s Caroline County since July after allegations were made against him. 

When FBI agents arrived at his home in Henderson, Maryland, on Friday morning to arrest him on a federal criminal complaint they found him “suffering from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.” 

The Maryland US Attorney’s Office confirmed that the judge had been pronounced dead at 6.43am.

Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/judge-arrest-fbi-maryland-camera-b1918239.html 

Judge Newell was appointed by Gov Larry Hogan(R) of MD

Only the best people.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, basketcase said:

It's you.  I was laughing at the Asphalt Weapons Ban punchline, dumbass.  

17 hours ago, Burning Man said:

But the guy who actually posted the joke is GTG??

Yeah, figure it out.

One of you has said bad things about TeamD gun bans and so must be demonized, if that helps you figure it out.

(I laughed at "asphalt weapons" too, but my disregard for the lives of children has already been remarked upon here at length by pretty much the whole gungrabby chorus.)

3 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

(I laughed at "asphalt weapons" too, but my disregard for the lives of children has already been remarked upon here at length by pretty much the whole gungrabby chorus.)

poor dogballs, he has been victimized

Tone deaf, AW survivor.JPG

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

What was thorny other than the bushes near the window? 

Here, we have a classic. And please note: both Tom and Jeff support these armed-up wimmin.

• Does the Second Amendment apply to this outdoor guy?
  • Does "innocent until proven guilty" apply?
  • Um, did she not have curtains?
  • Did she employ 911?
  • Let's assume the perp had a track record as a sexual predator. Did she whip out her individual rights, or her militia rights? 
27 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Let's assume the perp had a track record as a sexual predator. Did she whip out her individual rights, or her militia rights? 

If it was a Sexual predator.... then she did society a huge favor.  

53 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

If it was a Sexual predator.... then she did society a huge favor.  

Ah, execution style...(sounds like the classic RWNJ kinda guy).

14 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

There are some fucked up people in the world, Joe.  Banning guns won't change that.  If it wasn't a gun, she would have drowned him a tub, set him on fire or any number of other grotesque punishment she could think of.  I blame Dr Spock more than Glock for this tragedy.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:  BAN ASSAULT RIFLES NOW!  DO something, ANYTHING!  If we banned AR-15s, this tragedy would never have happened and they would be a model family right now.  

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Here, we have a classic. And please note: both Tom and Jeff support these armed-up wimmin.

• Did she employ 911?
  • Let's assume the perp had a track record as a sexual predator. Did she whip out her individual rights, or her militia rights? 
  • Did you shoot at your meth head outdoors, or did you have trees growing in your living room?
  • Was the meth head innocent until proven guilty when you shot at him?
  • Do you not have locks on your doors and garage?
  • Did you call 911 before shooting at your intruder?
  • According to you, he was a known meth head.  Did you whip out your individual rights, or your militia rights? 
22 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

If it wasn't a gun, she would have drowned him a tub, set him on fire or any number of other

Have any evidence for this fluffy claim?

22 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Oh yeah, almost forgot: 

(...snipped: nonsense.  Jeffie's content is lately not unlike Dogball's content.) :P

21 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Did you shoot at your meth head outdoors,

^^^INTENTIONAL FALSEHOOD ALERT

when you shot at him?

before shooting at your intruder?

Dude, you are a fucking liar.

13 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Dude, you are a fucking liar.

What's wrong about that?  You didn't shoot at a meth head to scare him/it off your property?  

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

What's wrong about that?  You didn't shoot at a meth head to scare him/it off your property?  

No, I did not. This is repeat lying; you've been corrected before. To improve your character footprint, go back to the fluff.

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

IIRC, Joe shot a tree stump to make that BOOM! sound to drive meth head away. 

You recalled correctly.  joey is just hoping people forget his own words.  

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:
8 hours ago, Burning Man said:

You recalled correctly.  joey is just hoping people forget his own words.  

A lot of that going around lately. 

Kinda like we all recall joe saying that blacks are more immature, volatile and violent.... even more than whites.  

I don't have his exact quote at my fingertips.  But I'm sure @Excoded Tom can help me out.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Kinda like we all recall joe saying that blacks are more immature, volatile and violent.... even more than whites.  

I don't have his exact quote at my fingertips.  But I'm sure @Excoded Tom can help me out.

you need a little boost from omar 

Omar III.jpg

"man got to have a code"

omar coming.jpg

On 9/6/2021 at 3:37 AM, El Mariachi said:

What model shotgun?.....

Since I found this post in quite poor taste I've taken a fair while to post.

In truth I do not recall Corey B ever mentioning an interest in bird hunting so I would be moved to speculate that it would have been one of those products sold for home protection (or blowing one's own head off).

Bearing in mind that the firearm quite possibly was a gift from a relative who may have been a hunter (the fellow Ironworker that informed me of this tragedy did not specify).

The best friend I ever had in the trade had his own speculation on the motivation behind this act in that it was something of a "fuck you" to his wife which initially I found a bit far fetched, however he knew the fellow far longer than I did & was much better informed on the family.

You wouldn't know this but suicide is kind of a touchy subject with me, for good reason.

17 hours ago, jocal505 said:

14 hours ago, jocal505 said:

• Did she employ 911?

Please note Joe is wrong again in his guess about my position.

The woman does seem to have taken Joe Biden's advice to just shoot through a door to heart. At least shooting through a wall with a window, she was able to more or less identify her target, if not what was beyond it. So only sorta broke one fundamental gun safety rule.

But there's a more fundamental rule about shooting people: did she have no other choice? Impossible to say without knowing more, but my guess is that she could have found a way to make herself safe without taking an unsafe shot through a wall. So no, I don't support her.

2 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

So only sorta broke one fundamental gun safety rule.

As opposed to the now dearly departed.

4 hours ago, animeproblem said:

You wouldn't know this but suicide is kind of a touchy subject with me, for good reason.

We all have our stories. Mine is a preference for letting people make their own decisions about life or death.

8 hours ago, animeproblem said:

People who commit suicide are quitters.  People who attempt suicide are insecure attention seekers.  

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

People who commit suicide are quitters.  People who attempt suicide are insecure attention seekers.  

You can't help but be an asshole.  You try so hard to act smart and then you post this kind of shit.  Check yourself asshole!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

But there's a more fundamental rule about shooting people: did she have no other choice?

Let's get your story straight. And let's identify some choices.

In the Burger King Gun Scramble, after one shoving match had already been broken up by employees, the manager had many choices. He had many choices, but he chose to retrieve a gun, after the payroll squabble, from his vehicle. You supported the gunplay which followed, Dogballs.

In the Plebe's Revenge Shootout, the plebe had been hazed, and had been hurt pretty bad, but he made it to his car. Instead of choosing the safety of his vehicle, and the chance to detach himself from the violence, he chose to pull a gun from the vehicle, and to use it. After another shitty, life-changing choice, you supported the gunplay, Dogballs. 

With Jeffie and the approaching tirechucker (who had no shirt and clenched fists), Jeffie's choice to use the gun...would be a choice, eh? @Burning Man

"Other choices" indeed. Those choices include not setting up the gun violence in the first place, with guns. Duty to retreat is also a choice, backed up, so far at least, by manslaughter laws with teeth.

My dear Dogballs, Jack Miller was not forced to acquire, or to pack, a sawed of shotgun,  What a weird group you have.

20 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

We all have our stories. Mine is a preference for letting people make their own decisions about life or death.

We also all have our sophisticated mental development, so let's go into this.

1. According to the studies, many suicides are rash, sudden decisions, chosen under (temporary)stress and pressure; in the big picture of the person's life, the choice is being made within a poor perspective.
  2. As proof of the former, 90% of suicide survivors go on to lead healthy lives; then they die by natural causes.
  3. Have you ever hear of, or noticed, a teenager make a rash or hasty decision?
  4. Basically, hanging and poisoning and jumping are the alternatives to gun suicide. They have a much higher failure rate than gunz.
  5. Sorry but ten out of ten of the scientists and experts already say that "means matter." 
  6. I have sources to sustain the above.
  • Like 1

On a planet-sized perspective, with 165K [2019] deaths per day, many in doubtless horrible circumstances, the loss of one relatively privileged American decision maker just doesn't mean a lot.

I would also raise the issue of rashness in the decision-making. I don't believe it. We haven't heard anything of the sort from self-snuffers.

Careful the things you say
Children will listen
Careful the things you do
Children will see and learn
Children may not obey, but children will listen
Children will look to you for which way to turn
To learn what to be
Careful before you say "Listen to me"
Children will listen

Careful the wish you make
Wishes are children
Careful the path they take
Wishes come true, not free
Careful the spell you cast
Not just on children
Sometimes the spell may last
Past what you can see
And turn against you
Careful the tale you tell
That is the spell
Children will listen

S. Sondheim... Into the Woods
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I would also raise the issue of rashness in the decision-making. I don't believe it.

(Thanks for the tell.) Just how informed are you on this subject, BC?

14 hours ago, jocal505 said:

(Thanks for the tell.) Just how informed are you on this subject, BC?

Well, I'll cede that to you Joe with the caveat that the data is all from unsuccessful suiciders. For every case of rash decision making among teens I'd bet there are 10 kids that had the means and thought about it aplenty. Years even.

And I say again with 8 billion on the planet, the girl who gets dissed for something in high school and goes home and takes her life ... wasn't going to win the gene pool.

5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Well, I'll cede that to you Joe with the caveat that the data is all from unsuccessful suiciders. For every case of rash decision making among teens I'd bet there are 10 kids that had the means and thought about it aplenty. Years even.

And I say again with 8 billion on the planet, the girl who gets dissed for something in high school and goes home and takes her life ... wasn't going to win the gene pool.

Thanks for the personal assumptions. You sound like Jeff today. @Burning Man

You are a sharp guy, so go inform yourself before speaking on the subject of suicide. Stop typing, and just read SAILING ANARCHY.

UCSF, Access to guns increases risk of suicide, homicide http://medicalxpress...e-homicide.html

Research: Less Access to Guns Does Reduce Suicide http://www.motherjon...ckground-checks

Firearm Access is a Risk Factor for Suicide http://www.hsph.harv...ns-matter/risk/>

Suicide Barriers and Gun Control http://www.armedwith...s-relationship/>

The Accessibility of Firearms and Risk for Suicide 

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Another offspeed pitch.  Duh. 

I was chillin' until someone gets in the batter's box.

Your personal ideas display a footprint, that you have done very little reading about suicide. You are wrong about a few basics...while typing. 

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

I was chillin' until someone gets in the batter's box.

Your personal ideas display a footprint, that you have done very little reading about suicide. You are wrong about a few basics...while typing. 

I'm pro-suicide, Joe, and if going for it ... do it right the first time. All I need to know about this issue is all the data are from skewed info. The effective people to interview are not here any more. This isn't even the first time we've discussed it. I totally get your superior researching tone and I'm fine with it. 

A friend of mine removed his head with shotgun, and set it up in such a way that his wife and daughter found him in his business workshop the next day when he didnt come home.

All I can say is that it was incredibly sad that he could not get the help to manage his demons and that he was a total asshole shitstain for doing it the way he did. Good fucking riddance, and he was a mate.

12 hours ago, Caecilian said:

A friend of mine removed his head with shotgun, and set it up in such a way that his wife and daughter found him in his business workshop the next day when he didnt come home.

All I can say is that it was incredibly sad that he could not get the help to manage his demons and that he was a total asshole shitstain for doing it the way he did. Good fucking riddance, and he was a mate.

Can't argue that and doubt there's any actual "help" to manage. He got rid of the demons though. Think how much he must have hated them to set the scene that way. And he could have killed them too, but didn't ... I kinda wonder why .. but not for long. What's the point?

Kids who kill themselves at home? Nothing rash about those kind of decisions after years in the household.  Occam sez "FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!" 

Joe can quote all the social "science" data he wants but Pragmatism is a much more reliable bottom line. Folks who really intended to die are dead. The rest is hocus pocus like I've been telling Joe for 10 years or so. He's a hedgehog.

I know two guys whose dads shot themselves in that ugly at home way. I've lost track of one but the other has always been a fruitloop and is now on his 9th DUI ... and headed for his second prison stay. I don't think he's killed anyone yet but if and when he gets out, he'll still be under 60. Wonder how many times he's considered suicide? 

Joe?

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Can't argue that and doubt there's any actual "help" to manage. He got rid of the demons though. Think how much he must have hated them to set the scene that way. And he could have killed them too, but didn't ... I kinda wonder why .. but not for long. What's the point?

Kids who kill themselves at home? Nothing rash about those kind of decisions after years in the household.  Occam sez "FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!" 

Joe can quote all the social "science" data he wants but Pragmatism is a much more reliable bottom line. Folks who really intended to die are dead. The rest is hocus pocus like I've been telling Joe for 10 years or so. He's a hedgehog.

I know two guys whose dads shot themselves in that ugly at home way. I've lost track of one but the other has always been a fruitloop and is now on his 9th DUI ... and headed for his second prison stay. I don't think he's killed anyone yet but if and when he gets out, he'll still be under 60. Wonder how many times he's considered suicide? 

Joe?

PUI? I expect better from you.

4 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

PUI? I expect better from you.

Nope.  That was written at 09:00 est. Two coffees down. 

Your feelings are pie-in-the-sky, Joe.  Kinda like belief in sky fairies... ain't no talking you out of it, nor likely any other thought you've had over the years. As inflexibility in thinking goes, you're in lockstep with Quod and the other Oddballs.

28 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Nope.  That was written at 09:00 est. Two coffees down. 

Your feelings are pie-in-the-sky, Joe.  Kinda like belief in sky fairies... ain't no talking you out of it, nor likely any other thought you've had over the years. As inflexibility in thinking goes, you're in lockstep with Quod and the other Oddballs.

Blue Crab is greater than the sky, according to himself.

Look, certain guys had every chance to change my mind, AND to influence me. I am not impressed by the gun club men, or by the arguments I have encountered. I was open and flexible enough...until I ran into solid bullshit (and a pattern of personal attacks, like your own).

Let me add, Mr. BC, that I see bad results (and bad mojo) from those who insist on the free distribution of assault weapons.

Gun mayhem in a leading country is a big ol', uniquely American, problem, and AFAIC concerned, I am in the catbird seat, as the SC is forced to get real about outdoor gun rights...if any. We'll see where this goes, but the results of the "gun rights" trajectory is not culturally or socially desirable, IMO.

So there you go.

There is a huge and I mean huge difference for someone who is disturbed to the point of attempting suicide being able to access a gun or not. If the trigger is pulled, a very spur of the moment easy act- the result is permanent. Bridge jumpers who are talked down often go one to have lives and are grateful that they had help at the time.

Some are going to do it no matter what, easy access to guns doesnt help and the stats bear that out.

12 hours ago, Caecilian said:

Who the fuck is joe?

This seems like an odd question 300 posts into a thread from a poster who is not new. But I am here to help. Joe is the guy, to use his own words just mere inches above on this very page, "in the catbird seat" watching SCOTUS squirm over gun rights. Heh heh. 

15 hours ago, Caecilian said:

Some are going to do it no matter what, easy access to guns doesn't help and the stats bear that out

Yep, I stipulated that a long while back. RTFT.

400M guns are not going away.

Suicide is not going away.

Nosy do-gooders aren't going away.

Thinking that an appreciable number of unsuccessful suicides are spur-of-the-moment decisions is anecdotal make-believe. Fairies and goblins are more likely. The youngest teen has 12 full years in formation. Years full of tears and ups and downs, broken bones and broken hearts. They do not fly on gossamer wings.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:38 AM, Blue Crab said:

We don't call him "Pollyanna Joe" fer nuthin'

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

We don't call him "Pollyanna Joe" fer nuthin'

PA is not for Pollyanna types. We have GA for that. 

And setting all matters of deity and theology firmly aside,  I am really fascinated by the Ebenezer Baptist Church--- it seems to be our finest (and most consistent) national conscience.

Arnold, Pa, man charged in shooting 3 at baby shower for his unborn child

An Arnold man at a baby shower for his expected child is accused of shooting three people with a .9 mm handgun Saturday night 
during an argument over whether he would transport gifts, authorities said. The suspect, Isiah J. Hampton, 25, of Victoria Avenue, Arnold, was arrested as the fire hall and was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of recklessly endangering another person. Hampton was arraigned Sunday morning and remains in Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $250,000 bond. 

Police found the suspect within minutes and he surrendered without incident, Lower Burrell Police Chief John Marhefka said. He had left the fire hall with the mother of his unborn child, police said.

The victims are a 23-year-old man, a 19-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy, he said. One victim was shot in his torso, a woman was shot in her leg and the boy had been shot in the buttocks, according to the criminal complaint filed in the case against Hampton. None of the injuries appear to be life-threatening. 

Police said the shooting occurred after Hampton got into an argument with a woman who wanted him to transport the gifts from the baby shower, according to the criminal complaint. Hampton allegedly became abusive toward the woman and she slapped his face, prompting the suspect to shove her backwards. Three men intervened to stop Hampton, who had fallen to the ground, when he allegedly pulled his gun and shot one man in the torso and then the teenager. Police said that a woman, not the one Hampton was arguing with, was grazed in her leg by a bullet. 

https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/3-shot-at-lower-burrell-fire-hall/ 

Just now, badlatitude said:

An Arnold man at a baby shower for his expected child is accused of shooting three people with a .9 mm handgun Saturday night 
during an argument over whether he would transport gifts, authorities said. The suspect, Isiah J. Hampton, 25, of Victoria Avenue, Arnold, was arrested as the fire hall and was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of recklessly endangering another person. Hampton was arraigned Sunday morning and remains in Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $250,000 bond. 

Police found the suspect within minutes and he surrendered without incident, Lower Burrell Police Chief John Marhefka said. He had left the fire hall with the mother of his unborn child, police said.

The victims are a 23-year-old man, a 19-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy, he said. One victim was shot in his torso, a woman was shot in her leg and the boy had been shot in the buttocks, according to the criminal complaint filed in the case against Hampton. None of the injuries appear to be life-threatening. 

Police said the shooting occurred after Hampton got into an argument with a woman who wanted him to transport the gifts from the baby shower, according to the criminal complaint. Hampton allegedly became abusive toward the woman and she slapped his face, prompting the suspect to shove her backwards. Three men intervened to stop Hampton, who had fallen to the ground, when he allegedly pulled his gun and shot one man in the torso and then the teenager. Police said that a woman, not the one Hampton was arguing with, was grazed in her leg by a bullet. 

https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/3-shot-at-lower-burrell-fire-hall/ 

Do you think he had the balls to try it with his bare hands?

On 9/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, badlatitude said:

I am trying to get the point of proper education about guns and gun safety as a way to keep people safe and return  guns to respectability.

Cook county has lots of people but doesn't have a gun range, so I guess they're not fans of training.

The results are in.

The major findings from the research include:

1) The majority of felony firearm possession convictions in Illinois occur in Cook County, primarily involve Black men, and are disproportionately concentrated in specific Chicago neighborhoods;

2) The majority—52%--of felony firearm possession convictions in Illinois involved Class X, 2, or 3 felony offenses of a person with a prior felony conviction possessing a firearm; 34% involved a Class 4 felony offense;

3)For the least serious felony firearm possession offense (e.g., a Class 4 felony), one-third (33%) of the statewide convictions stemmed from arrests in 11 of Chicago’s 77 neighborhoods. Of those convicted of a Class 4 felony firearm possession offense, 74% were 18-24 year-olds;

4)As a result of increased arrests, and mandatory prison sentences for most firearm possession offenses, prison admissions for these crimes increased 27% between 2014 and 2019, while admissions for all other crimes fell 38%;

5) Legislative changes in 2011 and 2018 to Class 4 felony firearm possession offenses primarily impacted sentencing practices in Cook County;

6) Of those firearm possession offenses where prison is not mandatory under all circumstances (i.e., the Class 4 felony offenses), those convicted in Cook County were more likely to be sentenced to prison than in the rest of Illinois;

7) The vast majority of those sentenced to prison for firearm possession offenses were not arrested for a violent crime within 3 years of release from prison. Having a prior conviction for a violent crime was a stronger predictor of a subsequent arrest for a violent crime, and the majority of those convicted and sentenced to prison for firearm possession offenses do not have prior convictions for violent crimes;

8) Those sentenced to probation or prison in Cook County for a Class 4 firearm possession offense had similar, and relatively low, rates of arrests for a violent crime within 3 years of sentencing after taking into account other characteristics correlated with recidivism, including age, sex, and prior criminal history.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, badlatitude said:

9mm handgun??  BAN ASSAULT RIFLES NOW!!!  DO SOMETHING!!

17 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Handguns should be restricted to a firing range and locked up there when not in use. Ditto assault weapons.

Some handguns are assault weapons.

For example, I've been thinking of acquiring this battlefield .22:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

I think a pink flower on the thread protector will make this particular assault weapon seem fun and inclusive, helping with badlat's goal of making gun ownership respectable somehow.

I disagree about the firing range thing, though. We shoot battlefield .22's and other guns right in the back yard and I really don't see the problem with doing it in a rural area.

This is pretty much a repeat of your postings a few years back same weapon ... same pink flower ... might be time to change your screen name or something. Use your brain man. You're real good on SCOTUS stuff ... why the endless rehash? Is there a point that we haven't heard? 

Joe, don't bite. Let's freeze this re-dunce-dant shit out. Otherwise I can predict his next several posts about black violence and so can you.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Handguns should be restricted to a firing range and locked up there when not in use. Ditto assault weapons.

Simple, no? When are you people going to get human, let alone grow the fuck up?

How often, for how long and how many rounds am I allocated when using this communal range weapon?

Get human? That's the point,we grown ups know it's the other humans we worry about!! Simple, no?

I used to be like you 10 or so years ago. Then I stopped banging my head against the gun rights wall and went down to using a hammer instead but that didn't help... 

The gun thing has been around kind of a really long time and is part of 'Merica's ethos as rebels and settlers.

Guns ain't goin' away partnr. Recreational shooting is also good fun!

Me now (still room in there!):

PXL_20210911_062936628.thumb.jpg.9b7ab000f431b690b8ed8c0c65eb2a5f.jpg

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It's not the size of the 9mm bullet, it's where it ends up that kills you.

I'm just being a douche....

Speed counts for a lot too but a .9MM would be less than 1 full MM or .09CM instead of .9CM or 9MM

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Liquid said:

Get human? That's the point,we grown ups know it's the other humans we worry about!! Simple, no?

And there you have it, Americans afraid of their fellow Americans.

Too bad.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

This is pretty much a repeat of your postings a few years back same weapon ... same pink flower ... might be time to change your screen name or something. Use your brain man. You're real good on SCOTUS stuff ... why the endless rehash? Is there a point that we haven't heard? 

Wow, I don't get any credit for personal growth at all???

A few years ago, I never would have recognized the military nature of the gun in the picture and would have called it an "ordinary .22 plinker" or something.

This alarmed the good people here, who questioned whether I knew that .22's were lethal, whether I thought them harmless, whether I knew a .223 from a .22 and many other such legitimate questions.

Ultimately, I came to realize that any gun that is subject to an assault weapon ban is a military weapon, hence the references to "battlefield .22's."

But do I get any credit for coming around on this point? No.

I admit that when people say I should have to go to a range to shoot  battlefield .22's instead of doing it in my yard, my response hasn't changed. Nor will my behavior, btw.

• Like 1