Jump to content

Honestly, who really gives a damn about Afghanistan?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afghanistan Was a no win from the start but no POTUS wanted to be "the one" to pull out as evidenced by the backlash from all sides of the media for various reasons. I personally think because Joe kno

IMHO, the entire force was already Taliban, just waiting for the dude in the palace to change over. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm quite happy with the withdrawal.

Wow - ok.  You apparently set a low bar for success……I reckon the thousands of stranded Americans, Brits etc  + Afghans who helped us would beg to differ.  Be thankful you have the luxury of being happy with this from your couch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

If you don't have an exit strategy to start with, don't expect a strategic exit to end with.

Read the article above - not rocket science to formulate an effective exit plan to avoid the chaos we’re seeing now.  Surely you and others can see that, or are you simply being disingenuous?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patriot said:

He’s getting us out indeed - in a spectacularly incompetent way.  We should be better than this - don’t you agree?

crocodile tears! you want a hanky? how about a functional moral compass?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Wow - ok.  You apparently set a low bar for success……I reckon the thousands of stranded Americans, Brits etc  + Afghans who helped us would beg to differ.  Be thankful you have the luxury of being happy with this from your couch.

Very low bar. It consists mostly of us getting the fuck out. Is there something about that which you aren't understanding? Your boy didn't. Were your close American + Brit friends not aware that we were leaving? Do they not get cable? As for the Afghans, we've taken in 10s of thousands and we will take in 10s of thousands more. Not seeing a problem here.

Couch is comfy, Colonel Jessup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I don't give a damn. 2500 casualities ... so far ...  For what? 

You seem to be forgetting tens of thousands of Afghans . .  prolly Vietnamese too - not to mention Chileans, Brazilians, Guatemalans, and so on. 

Nationalists such as you do not consider non-USAeans to be fully human, which leads to all manner of nastiness. 

And that is the ugly and dangerous side of nationalism 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Cite please

So...you're not paying attention then? If you guys actually, I don't know, read something every now and then it might make these discussions less painful.

Trump met with the Taliban (not the Afghan government) and promised to be out by May. Then he drew down our troops to 2,500 and released 5,000 Taliban prisoners from jail, including the founder and new President.

 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/mark-esper-donald-trump-taliban-afghanistan-cnntv/index.html


https://www.npr.org/2021/03/04/973604904/trumps-deal-to-end-war-in-afghanistan-leaves-biden-with-a-terrible-situation

Biden gave it a little more time, but recognized that Trump had screwed the pooch so hard on this one there were only two options moving forward:
 

1) Send in a TON of troops - like 50,000 to 100,000 to retake what Trump pulled out of and return those fine people to prison or

2) GTFO, but leave a little more time to do it.

There is no way in hell we could have stayed much longer with how Trump left things.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Read the article above - not rocket science to formulate an effective exit plan to avoid the chaos we’re seeing now.  Surely you and others can see that, or are you simply being disingenuous?

You are right, of course.  Any other administration would have done it crisply, cleanly and to plaudits all around.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Very low bar. It consists mostly of us getting the fuck out. Is there something about that which you aren't understanding? Your boy didn't. Were your close American + Brit friends not aware that we were leaving? Do they not get cable? As for the Afghans, we've taken in 10s of thousands and we will take in 10s of thousands more. Not seeing a problem here.

Very low bar, ok - all clear.  You and our President are solidly on the same page.  And try not to victim-blame here re those currently left behind.  Biden assured them just recently that all would be ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot said:

Very low bar, ok - all clear.  You and our President are solidly on the same page.  And try not to victim-blame here re those currently left behind.  Biden assured them just recently that all would be ok.

So far everything is ok. Flights have resumed. As for the victims left behind, they're your close personal friends not mine. You should take more responsibility for them, Colonel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You are right, of course.  Any other administration would have done it crisply, cleanly and to plaudits all around.  

So ya got nothing then - at least we’re getting somewhere.  At some point, you and your elk may come around to recognizing Biden’s incompetence in the execution of this withdrawal, but maybe only privately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot said:

So ya got nothing then - at least we’re getting somewhere.  At some point, you and your elk may come around to recognizing Biden’s incompetence in the execution of this withdrawal, but maybe only privately.

Yup, we are all cowed by your towering intellect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot said:

So ya got nothing then blah blah blah.

Nothing is what your boy Shitstain did. He had four years to get out and he didn't. So it fell on Biden who is doing a pretty good job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

So far everything is ok. Flights have resumed. As for the victims left behind, they're your close personal friends not mine. You should take more responsibility for them, Colonel.

Your own words betray your own callousness - we’ll done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Ad hominem - try again.

nah, 'crocodile tears' is perfect, it's also a PG version of what else could be said of a vulgar reality. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Nothing is what your boy Shitstain did. He had four years to get out and he didn't. So it fell on Biden who is doing a pretty good job.

He did do something.  He set things up to make biden look bad to really stupid people.  See how well it is working?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Very low bar, ok - all clear.  You and our President are solidly on the same page.  And try not to victim-blame here re those currently left behind.  Biden assured them just recently that all would be ok.

You seem to know almost nothing about that conflict  . .  try this . . 

Scott Ritter weighs in . .  

https://popularresistance.org/the-only-truth-about-afghanistan-war-is-that-it-was-all-based-on-lies/

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Nothing is what your boy Shitstain did. He had four years to get out and he didn't. So it fell on Biden who is doing a pretty good job.

Herewith deflection combined with a very nice pair of rose-colored glasses with respect to your “pretty good job” assessment.  Don Lemon didn’t share that assessment on CNN last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot said:

Herewith deflection combined with a very nice pair of rose-colored glasses with respect to your “pretty good job” assessment.  Don Lemon didn’t share that assessment on CNN last night. 

So.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Your own words betray your own callousness - we’ll done.

The US R___h seems to care about the victims of its imperial adventures only when  . . 

they are clinging to copter skids (or landing gear). 

Where have you been for all these years ??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even in the face of such a colossal screw-up, there’s no shortage of defenders willing to run interference, as evidenced here.  Few will argue that chaos would not ultimately ensue after we leave Afghanistan.  Whether or not we should leave is another matter of debate, but the manner in which we’re leaving now is wholly owned by Biden, no matter how hard you all want to deny that reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality that I'm seeing is that we're withdrawing from Afghanistan. We've been doing this starting last year when your boy Shitstain signed his accord with the Taleban (but wouldn't brief the incoming Biden Administration). We've packed up most of our toys and freighted them to the UAE and pulled out our troops. We shutdown our FOBs and Bagram. We've closed our embassy and taken down the flag. We're flying people out and the Taleban are letting us. Works for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Even in the face of such a colossal screw-up, there’s no shortage of defenders willing to run interference, as evidenced here.  Few will argue that chaos would not ultimately ensue after we leave Afghanistan.  Whether or not we should leave is another matter of debate, but the manner in which we’re leaving now is wholly owned by Biden, no matter how hard you all want to deny that reality.

Yep.

Biden got the US out of Afghanistan after the US lost a 20 year war.

 

Would you prefer the war was lost for a few more years?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

The reality that I'm seeing is that we're withdrawing from Afghanistan. We've been doing this starting last year when your boy Shitstain signed his accord with the Taleban (but wouldn't brief the incoming Biden Administration). We've packed up most of our toys and freighted them the UAE and pulled out our troops. We shutdown our FOBs and Bagram. We've closed our embassy and taken down the flag. We're flying people out and the Taleban are letting us. Works for me.

It's done.

Once you reach that point, nothing else matters

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The reality that I'm seeing is that we're withdrawing from Afghanistan. We've been doing this starting last year when your boy Shitstain signed his accord with the Taleban (but wouldn't brief the incoming Biden Administration). We've packed up most of our toys and freighted them the UAE and pulled out our troops. We shutdown our FOBs and Bagram. We've closed our embassy and taken down the flag. We're flying people out and the Taleban are letting us. Works for me.

Pass those rose-colored glasses when ya get a second thx

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Yep.

Biden got the US out of Afghanistan after the US lost a 20 year war.

 

Would you prefer the war was lost for a few more years?

Again, staying or not is another debate.  You guys love to deflect, don’t ya?  Biden’s withdrawal is utterly incompetent.  Do you have a different view on that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot said:

Again, staying or not is another debate.  You guys love to deflect, don’t ya?  Biden’s withdrawal is utterly incompetent.  Do you have a different view on that?

Go ahead and give us an example of how any withdrawal by the looser in a war in the last 100 years has been competent?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Go ahead and give us an example of how any withdrawal by the looser in a war in the last 100 years has been competent?

 

Whataboutism - check.  Stay on topic - read the excerpt from the article I posted above, and tell me why our presumably skilled leadership couldn’t have executed this more competently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot said:

Whataboutism - check.  Stay on topic - read the excerpt from the article I posted above, and tell me why our presumably skilled leadership couldn’t have executed this more competently.

Not whataboutism.

I'm just trying to see what the standard is that you are comparing Biden's performance to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Whataboutism - check.  Stay on topic - read the excerpt from the article I posted above, and tell me why our presumably skilled leadership couldn’t have executed this more competently.

No one is going to take you seriously if you post a PowerlineBlog article. We're going to think you're an idiot. SInce you have, that's present tense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

Not whataboutism.

I'm just trying to see what the standard is that you are comparing Biden's performance to.

It’s clearly whataboutism, as your post smacks of “they did it too”……whoever they is……

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

No one is going to take you seriously if you post a PowerlineBlog article. We're going to think you're an idiot. SInce you have, that's present tense.

Ad hominem - you as well can’t argue your point on its merits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Not whataboutism.

I'm just trying to see what the standard is that you are comparing Biden's performance to.

I’ll make it easier for you - here’s the excerpt from the article I had linked - read it and have a think - I’m curious on your take:

From the article:

George S. is apparently too loyal to his party to ask the obvious question: why didn’t you get the civilians out before stopping air support to the Afghan forces, closing Bagram Air Force Base, and starting to pull our soldiers out? 

And, no doubt a certain amount of chaos in Afghanistan was inevitable following our pullout, no matter how well it was managed. But that chaos didn’t have to include thousands of American citizens desperately trying to fight their way through Taliban checkpoints to get to the Kabul airport. Nor did thousands of Afghans who helped our effort need to be left to the sadistic ravages of the Taliban.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Ad hominem - you as well can’t argue your point on it’s merits.

what's your problem, are you just trying for 'told ya so' political retard points? those are exceedingly far and few in between for righties, for ''patriots''.

go on and state specifically how you would have exited that dumpster fire.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patriot said:

I’ll make it easier for you - here’s the excerpt from the article I had linked - read it and have a think - I’m curious on your take:

 

From the article:

George S. is apparently too loyal to his party to ask the obvious question: why didn’t you get the civilians out before stopping air support to the Afghan forces, closing Bagram Air Force Base, and starting to pull our soldiers out? 

And, no doubt a certain amount of chaos in Afghanistan was inevitable following our pullout, no matter how well it was managed. But that chaos didn’t have to include thousands of American citizens desperately trying to fight their way through Taliban checkpoints to get to the Kabul airport. Nor did thousands of Afghans who helped our effort need to be left to the sadistic ravages of the Taliban.

 

 

I think your article bares no relationship to  reality.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

what's your problem, are you just trying for 'told ya so' political retard points? those are exceedingly far and few in between for righties, for ''patriots''.

go on and state specifically how you would have exited that dumpster fire.

This is a forum to discuss/debate topics of a political nature.  As such, I’m throwing out for discussion the horrible job Biden is doing in Afghanistan - I hope he and his team are called to account for this.

As for exiting this dumpster fire, see four posts above for starters.  Would you have done differently?

Link to post
Share on other sites

so we should've lit the place up with 'air cover'? predictably barbaric. consistency, I'll give you fkg righty meatheads that.

like I said, 'crocodile tears' and weak as piss, but what's new. virtually the only faith the right-wing brings is bad faith.

'git the oil', 'own the libs'.

yaawn

Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a thought- my guess is the taliban would have suddenly become very civilian-centric trigger-happy if Team Fkg USA was playing their shit in the sky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I'm quite happy with the withdrawal. Your boy Shitstain had four years and didn't withdraw. Fuck him too.

Obama had 8. And Gitmo's still running....<_<

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patriot said:

Again, staying or not is another debate.  You guys love to deflect, don’t ya?  Biden’s withdrawal is utterly incompetent.  Do you have a different view on that?

Please, enlighten us how it could have been done...competently?

Don't forget to address how to alleviate Trump's fuckups and mishandling and undercutting the whole process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patriot said:

This is a forum to discuss/debate topics of a political nature.  As such, I’m throwing out for discussion the horrible job Biden is doing in Afghanistan - I hope he and his team are called to account for this.

As for exiting this dumpster fire, see four posts above for starters.  Would you have done differently?

You made the assertion - Biden is doing a horrible job.

1) Prove it. You can't just say "he's fucking it up" and expect us to just...waste our time defending it to you.

2) Part of that proof should include how it could have been done better.

As a rule, blogs and opinion pieces from lying, partisan sites are not regarded as credible evidence.

 

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You made the assertion - Biden is doing a horrible job.

1) Prove it. You can't just say "he's fucking it up" and expect us to just...waste our time defending it to you.

2) Part of that proof should include how it could have been done better.

As a rule, blogs and opinion pieces from lying, partisan sites are not regarded as credible evidence.

 

Go ahead. We'll wait.

You don't make the rules on discussion. It's nobody elses job, responsibility lies with Biden.

Do you think it's not a fucked up shitshow that Biden is responsible for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Biden gave it a little more time, but recognized that Trump had screwed the pooch so hard on this one there were only two options moving forward:
 

1) Send in a TON of troops - like 50,000 to 100,000 to retake what Trump pulled out of and return those fine people to prison or

2) GTFO, but leave a little more time to do it.

There is no way in hell we could have stayed much longer with how Trump left things.

 

This is the closest anyone has come to answering my question about why staying longer was preferable. Still not sure why more time was needed after decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to go all reality here but do righties not watch the news? The Afghan army literally laid down their arms. They gave up faster than we could get out. I hope this was as surprising to our military as it was to the citizenry. If it wasn't a surprise, heads should roll. I can't see how Biden is a bit responsible for the chaos.

....................

AJ, on the nationalist v. internationalist terms, I think it's even simpler than you think it is. I'm unconcerned with notions of good and evil and any other made up magical thinking. We live in the world we have, not the one you wish we had. For every Mother Theresa there are a billion others who will cut off your hand to steal your watch. 

You can hold students' attention to fantasy for 50 min but then the bell rings.

Class dismissed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

This is the closest anyone has come to answering my question about why staying longer was preferable. Still not sure why more time was needed after decades.

Dang, man. None of us were sitting in the discussions. That's ankle biter argument. Perhaps you might redirect your question, if being "sure" actually matters to you. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

The Afghan army literally laid down their arms. They gave up faster than we could get out.

 

From what I heard yesterday the Taliban themselves had no idea the army would quit THAT fast. Apparently after the Trump deal the army was effectively either bought off or just waiting for the first American to leave to quit en masse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Excoded Tom said:

This is the closest anyone has come to answering my question about why staying longer was preferable. Still not sure why more time was needed after decades.

If we would have waited until closer to Xmas, the weather would have slowed the advance a few days, we would be past the anniversary,  and some few additional college kids would have graduated. That's about it from what I can tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

The US R___h seems to care about the victims of its imperial adventures only when  . . 

they are clinging to copter skids (or landing gear). 

Where have you been for all these years ???

They can be used as political cannon fodder against democrats.

FIFY

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BeSafe said:

If we would have waited until closer to Xmas, the weather would have slowed the advance a few days, we would be past the anniversary,  and some few additional college kids would have graduated. That's about it from what I can tell.

Would the Taliban reneg on their pledge to stop killing our personnel after we renegged on pulling out?

People are quick to point out we stopped suffering casualties, while conveniently forgetting we told the Taliban (keeping the Afghan government out of the talks) "Wait just a bit and it's all yours."

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

From what I heard yesterday the Taliban themselves had no idea the army would quit THAT fast. Apparently after the Trump deal the army was effectively either bought off or just waiting for the first American to leave to quit en masse.

I just saw a clip where Gen Milley said:

 However, the timeframe of a rapid collapse, that was widely estimated and ranged from weeks to months and even years following our departure. There was nothing that I or anyone else saw that indicated a collapse of this army and this government in 11 days. 

I'd sure like to believe that. I just cannot.

What seems apparent to me is "our" Afghan informants and translators almost had to know this would happen. They fucking live there. Their cousins are in the Army. They speak the language. This is too big a secret for people to keep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

I don't want to go all reality here but do righties not watch the news? The Afghan army literally laid down their arms. They gave up faster than we could get out. I hope this was as surprising to our military as it was to the citizenry. If it wasn't a surprise, heads should roll. I can't see how Biden is a bit responsible for the chaos.

....................

AJ, on the nationalist v. internationalist terms, I think it's even simpler than you think it is. I'm unconcerned with notions of good and evil and any other made up magical thinking. We live in the world we have, not the one you wish we had. For every Mother Theresa there are a billion others who will cut off your hand to steal your watch. 

You can hold students' attention to fantasy for 50 min but then the bell rings.

Class dismissed.  

Not a big fan of Mother Theresa myself. Thank goodness there was only one of her.

Not because she's a religious figure per se, but because a lot of her image was bullshit and she did a lot of harm with some of her whacked out ideas.

"There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering." - MT

Yikes.

She was quite good a propaganda and self promotion though.

http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/01/08/why-we-need-to-stop-praising-mother-teresa/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mother-teresa-was-no-saint_b_9470988

https://allthatsinteresting.com/mother-teresa-saint

https://www.vice.com/en/article/gvzebx/mother-teresa-was-kind-of-a-heartless-bitch

https://medium.com/@KittyWenham/mother-teresas-sainthood-is-a-fraud-just-like-she-was-eb395177572

--------------

OK, back to our regularly schedule programming

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2021 at 11:25 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Trump had 4 years of bluster and bullshit, he didn't do anything except sign an agreement with the Taliban which Rep. Liz Cheney this morning called a "surrender." Of course, she had some harsh words for Joe Biden, too.

But the basic option since 2003 or so, has been "STAY" or "GO." If you're going to criticize both, at least do so from a position of some slight amount of knowledge beyond "Democrats = BAD"

- DSK

Biden abandoned Bagram Airbase 

Bagram was defendable and could act as the final evacuation point for US citizen and US soldiers 

biden and his whole administration are incompetent 

just look at America’s southern border 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Biden abandoned Bagram Airbase 

Bagram was defendable and could act as the final evacuation point for US citizen and US soldiers 

biden and his whole administration are incompetent 

just look at America’s southern border 

Your boy Shitstain's agreement with the Taleban stipulated abandoning those defendable bases. You can read what your boy agreed to here:

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

BTW, I thought your boy was going to build a wall on the southern border, a big beautiful wall, Mexico was going to pay for it, ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Biden abandoned Bagram Airbase 

Bagram was defendable and could act as the final evacuation point for US citizen and US soldiers 

biden and his whole administration are incompetent 

just look at America’s southern border 

FWIW I agree that Bagram would be more easily defensible but it's also isolated. If you actually read my statements, you'll see where I said the whole Pentagon needs it's ass kicked for it's fucked-up lack of plan.

But you go right ahead rapping out DEMOCRAT=BAD!!! it just suits you

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Biden abandoned Bagram Airbase 

Bagram was defendable and could act as the final evacuation point for US citizen and US soldiers 

biden and his whole administration are incompetent 

just look at America’s southern border 

Yepper. And it all started on the 20th of January. Prior to noon on the 20th the border was a quiet little river ... the rio pequeno. At 12:00.01 it became the Rio Grande and thousands appeared from the desert and overran the USBP. 

Then it became the battle ground between the Nationalists and the Internationalists. The latter would likely sneak up on the BP and garrote them rather than insist on an orderly admissions process. The former, with an eye toward an uncertain future of vast logistical complexity would shift returning military to bivouac status on the border and stop the influx. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Your boy Shitstain's agreement with the Taleban stipulated abandoning those defendable bases. You can read what your boy agreed to here:

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

BTW, I thought your boy was going to build a wall on the southern border, a big beautiful wall, Mexico was going to pay for it, ....

Now, now, don't confuse the RWNJ's with facts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Patriot said:

Even in the face of such a colossal screw-up, there’s no shortage of defenders willing to run interference, as evidenced here.  Few will argue that chaos would not ultimately ensue after we leave Afghanistan.  Whether or not we should leave is another matter of debate, but the manner in which we’re leaving now is wholly owned by Biden, no matter how hard you all want to deny that reality.

It was definitely messy one day. Yep. Force protection failed. I assume Biden will fire a general.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz&#x27;r said:
9 hours ago, Patriot said:

Even in the face of such a colossal screw-up, there’s no shortage of defenders willing to run interference, as evidenced here.  Few will argue that chaos would not ultimately ensue after we leave Afghanistan.  Whether or not we should leave is another matter of debate, but the manner in which we’re leaving now is wholly owned by Biden, no matter how hard you all want to deny that reality.

It was definitely messy one day. Yep. Force protection failed. I assume Biden will fire a general.

??

Is this guy "Patriot" actually reading posts here, or spouting canned nonsense from RWNJ-lalalandia?

So far I haven't seen anybody "defend" Biden past saying that leaving now is better than staying, nor any "running interference."

Just another RWNJ assuming that "the other side" is like him, his team can do no wrong.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

??

Is this guy "Patriot" actually reading posts here, or spouting canned nonsense from RWNJ-lalalandia?

So far I haven't seen anybody "defend" Biden past saying that leaving now is better than staying, nor any "running interference."

Just another RWNJ assuming that "the other side" is like him, his team can do no wrong.

- DSK

I'll defend Biden. In fact, I think he's doing a fine job overall. With regards to the withdrawal, he's taking the hit for doing the adult thing which the children predictably don't like. Shitstain by comparison told the children whatever they wanted to hear.

As for Patriot, he's just a RWNJ with his Powerline Blog nonsense kind of like Tom is with Reason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'll defend Biden. In fact, I think he's doing a fine job overall. With regards to the withdrawal, he's taking the hit for doing the adult thing which the children predictably don't like. Shitstain by comparison told the children whatever they wanted to hear.

As for Patriot, he's just a RWNJ with his Powerline Blog nonsense kind of like Tom is with Reason.

I meant specifically about Afghanistan.

Overall I think Biden is doing VERY much better job. For one thing, I approve of having a gov't that actually functions to provide benefit to the people of the country, instead of wrecking anything that doesn't shovel money directly into the correct pockets.

Lack of shoveling money into their chosen overlord's pocket seems to be a sore point for ~40% of USAnians these days.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I meant specifically about Afghanistan.

I'm happy with Biden specifically about Afghanistan. We are leaving. Frankly, it's going better than I would have expected but mostly I'm just happy that we're leaving. So Biden gets credit for doing the adult thing. Shitstain + Obama promised to leave. Didn't. W the Stupid put us there and kept us there. Biden is leaving. Thank you, President Biden.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reduce it to first principles.

The officers aboard the Titanic have told the crew to man the pumps to save the ship. They are pumping away when they notice the officers go by in a lifeboat. No matter how you try and finesse it, as soon as the first officer is seen in a lifeboat the crew knows the ship is doomed and then it is a mad rush to the remaining boats and no one is pumping any more.

To make it worse, say the officers have been stealing the crew's pay for the last year AND a competing steamship line has offered the crew a big bonus and jobs if the Titanic sinks.

In other words, no Afghan Army troops were willing to fight for anything at all for 10 seconds after they noticed the first American leave :rolleyes:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Ya gotta be a strange mofo to think this is on Biden.

 

The reality is that the current situation is precisely why Bush, Obama and TFG didn't do it.  They didn't have the fucking balls to do it.  There is no way the exit would have gone any differently if TFG had done it.  I'm fucking sick of RWNJ's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swimsailor said:

The reality is that the current situation is precisely why Bush, Obama and TFG didn't do it.  They didn't have the fucking balls to do it.  There is no way the exit would have gone any differently if TFG had done it.  I'm fucking sick of RWNJ's.

In addition, it has now been claimed that TFG wasn't actually going to go through with it.

Quote

In 2020, then-President Donald Trump sowed the seeds for this week’s chaotic U.S. pullback from Afghanistan by striking a deal with the Taliban to withdraw U.S. troops by May 1 of this year. But Trump’s final acting defense secretary has now audaciously claimed that the former president never had any intention of going through with his own plan. Chris Miller told Defense One that Trump’s deal with the Taliban was actually all a “play” to disguise his administration’s secret strategy. He said: “We weren’t just going to head for the door... We were going to jam [ousted Afghan president] Ghani hard and make him cut a deal with the Taliban. It would have been ugly. It wouldn’t have been great. But there was no plan to just leave.” The plan as recounted by Miller would have seen some U.S. troops stay in Afghanistan while the Taliban was invited to lead the government. An unnamed Trump official told Defense One that Miller’s plan would have been totally unworkable, saying the idea that a Taliban-led government would allow U.S. troops to stick around was “wishful thinking.”

So, just more bullshit from the Orange Shitgibbon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris-miller-boldly-claims-trump-never-had-any-intention-of-leaving-afghanistan?ref=home

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Ya gotta be a strange mofo to think this is on Biden.

 

Sort of, I would think of some things that could have gone better. This is like being given the helm of a sinking ship and running up on the breakwater instead of the beach. Are you a shitty helmsman? Yes you are. Was the ship going to somehow not sink? No, it was fucked before you even came on watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites