Lots of changes this year. Extra game. Focus on limiting celebrations etc. etc.

Seems like most teams are not playing starters preseaon. Seahawks looked pitiful playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers vs LV Raiders. No real reason to watch preseason.

Some of the top drafted QB's had some amazing throws, but ya gotta wonder what happens when first game of the season gets here and they are staring a 1st string D in the face. 

I usually try to go to one or two games, but Seattle politics have made it a less than safe environment. So that is a non-starter for me. I will still try and tune in from the couch. But if the refs can't figure out how to keep the game moving faster than they did for the Hawks Vs Raiders, I'll be in the shop working and listening on the radio.

It seems like they are trying to find new ways to frustrate the tv audience.

Just my .02

WL

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i took a vodka booster this morning to ese the pain....I FUCKING HATE THE JETS  WHY DID MY DAD BESTOW THIS SHAME UPON THE FAMILY 

But wait wait….he said he was “immunized” and yet his COVID reserve status time is for those unvaccinated. Hmmmmm might he have been playing word games? Does the NFL have the balls to fine the MVP for

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Kyle Trask looked terrific.  He throws were on point and 2 deep balls were just dropped.  He’s going to be a great starter when TOG finally retires.

Keep in mind, this guy gets paid for his observations.  Trask is 4th on the depth chart at QB for TB.  You are wearing Gator-colored glasses.

Trask went 4 of 15 on the night for 35 yards 

https://sports.yahoo.com/drafted-as-potential-tom-brady-successor-kyle-trasks-preseason-debut-hints-at-waiting-game-ahead-033316132.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGmUFuwi0X2Fr_pk56fUj0jS-s9YN_GYLGuze865H8l9zwdgPUG8b6htBxoo1pu2URfOpR1E8X6-stjfW_rSewJwpvzlRSLsqzNqWLUtUEjfTPE9I0bU7z86ojvvuCHFLvkJMnLpXBV6f1XN-hPImv1XAsleprVZfyhYc9wPSz0K

Seahawks signed Jamal Adams to a 4 year 70 million dollar contract with 38 Mil Guaranteed. Given that they traded enough draft pics to start another team, for him. I hope he proves to be a durable addition. He made a splash when he got here last year. 9.5 sacks and a forced fumble. 

We still need to get Duane Brown penciled in and is anybody out there interested in a DC, maybe the Hawks could send some draft pics with him. Ken Norton Jr has been crippling this Defense for too long. Granted, it's Pete's Defense. But the play calling during the game falls to Norton. More often than not, he gets it wrong. A the half in the blowout loss to LV Raiders there was a great shot of Pete jawin' at him pretty hard.

WL

On 8/16/2021 at 1:42 PM, Fakenews said:

Kyle Trask looked terrific.  He throws were on point and 2 deep balls were just dropped.  He’s going to be a great starter when TOG finally retires.

I guess, I mean he only got sacked one more time than Brady and he was in a lot longer and took 15 attempts to Brady's what - 2? And he didn't get intercepted, so that's OK.

But I didn't realize I was supposed to be something special going on there.

image.png.9492950440f585ad2e4345912d410429.png

On the whole I was really happy with the way our defense played. They need to work on open field tackles, but they kept good pressure on and didn't give up any huge run or pass plays while holding the Bucs to 1 TD.

Our offense was sloppy with fumbles, but seeing our O-line go up against the defending world champs without giving up a sack gives me hope that Burrow might make it through the season in one piece.

I'm not sure we'll get to see Burrow in preseason though. He's not playing against WAS and I doubt they'll expose him in the last game which is mostly for the guys scrapping for the final spots. I'd like to see him get a series or two in preseason against starters though.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, Cal20sailor said:

It's Tampa Bay AND a former Gator. You're likely to see little objectivity there, though he's going to go through a lot of kleenex.

I suspect if there are issues with Brady we'll see Gabbert well before we see Trask for now.

11 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

Seahawks signed Jamal Adams to a 4 year 70 million dollar contract with 38 Mil Guaranteed. Given that they traded enough draft pics to start another team, for him. I hope he proves to be a durable addition. He made a splash when he got here last year. 9.5 sacks and a forced fumble. 

Hopefully that deal will inspire the Bengals ownership to get off their asses and get Jessie Bates a proper contract.

18 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Hopefully that deal will inspire the Bengals ownership to get off their asses and get Jessie Bates a proper contract.

We got ya in week 2 my friend and the red rocket will be benched for Fields when we loose to the Rams in some spectacularly inept offensive performance.  I mean the first frigging 1/2 was all 3 and outs, just like last season, and the season before that....  Fields looked great against the 2's and 3's...  LOL It's going to take a while to get the o line set, but fingers crossed.  

BRS

HA HA HA

OPEN
KVCROn Air Now
  • Open Navigation Menu
  • NPR logo
  • Station Logo

NFL's Raiders Will Require Fans To Show Vaccine Proof Or Get A Shot At The Gate

August 17, 202110:38 AM ET

nfl-raiders-mask-vaccine_wide-e2f3e31779

Raiders fans do the wave during last weekend's preseason game in Las Vegas as a stadium sign reminds them to wear face masks. The team now says spectators will have to show proof of vaccination — and that no masks will be required for those who have been vaccinated.

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

When the Las Vegas Raiders kick off their NFL season next month, the team wants its home stadium to look as normal as possible, with stands full of fans. There's just one catch: To get in, every spectator will have to show proof they've gotten a COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who hasn't can still enter — after they get a shot at Allegiant Stadium.

Vaccinated fans won't be required to wear masks

Spectators will be required to show proof of their vaccination status on a mobile app with a "health pass" feature, the Raiders organization said. If they do so, they can attend games without wearing a face mask.

Employers Want You To Get Vaccinated. This One Is Offering A $1,000 Bonus

Fans who have opted to get a vaccine shot just before entering the stadium will have to wear a mask due to the lag time for the vaccines to take full effect.

The Raiders' rules will be in effect for the team's first regular season home game — a Monday Night Football matchup with the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 13.

The CDC says even vaccinated people should wear masks

The Raiders unveiled their new policy late Monday after Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced a shift in his recent mask mandate that opens the door for large-scale venues to hold mask-free events if all guests are vaccinated.

Article continues after sponsor message

The Delta Variant Isn't As Contagious As Chickenpox. But It's Still Highly Contagious

"This is cutting edge. There's no other venues in the country that are doing this," Sisolak said, adding he hopes people feel reassured about attending an event where everyone is vaccinated.

In late July, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance on masks, stating: "If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission."

The agency's website currently lists Clark County, Nev. — home to Allegiant Stadium — as a place where the level of community transmission is high.

NFL says teams form their own policies on vaccines

The Raiders say their vaccine rule reflects Sisolak's latest policies on holding large events. The team was already requiring vaccines for all employees — a move it says was mirrored by stadium and concessions operators.

6 Things To Know If You're Immunocompromised And Considering A 3rd Shot

The NFL says it's not considering a league-wide policy on vaccination, allowing teams to coordinate with local officials and health experts as well as follow federal guidelines.

"We are planning on full stadiums across the league this year but will remain flexible and adaptable as necessary," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told NPR. "Like last season, there may be different fan experiences, depending on the current situation in the local markets working in conjunction with public health authorities."

What are other NFL teams doing?

The Raiders say their new rule makes them "the first team in the National Football League to announce a vaccine/no mask policy."

But they're not the first team to announce an attendance policy linked to vaccines: Last week, the New Orleans Saints said the Superdome will be open to spectators at full capacity for the first time in more than a year and a half.

San Francisco Will Require Full Vaccination For People Entering Indoor Public Spaces

Citing new local policies from New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell, the team added that fans who want to attend home games must show either proof of vaccination or the negative results of a coronavirus test taken within 72 hours before game time.

The mayor's policy applies to all events at the Superdome, along with restaurants, bars and other congregating spots.

Both Cantrell and Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards have issued indoor mask mandates for everyone age 5 and older — another policy that the Saints and their fans will 

9 hours ago, shaggy said:

We got ya in week 2 my friend and the red rocket will be benched for Fields when we loose to the Rams in some spectacularly inept offensive performance.  I mean the first frigging 1/2 was all 3 and outs, just like last season, and the season before that....  Fields looked great against the 2's and 3's...  LOL It's going to take a while to get the o line set, but fingers crossed.  

BRS

Right now your depth chart shows Andy in front of Fields. Dalton is solid, if you protect him. Or are they just going to chuck the rookie into the fire?

We did that with Dalton, and he was fine.

Not so much so with Burrow because our O-line sucked ass last year.

Radio shows around these parts are all about the kid from North Dakota, he threw one nice powerful throw, other than that, looked like the rookie he is.

Jimmy Glass will be the QB till he gets hurt. The rest of preseason is just going to be whittling away the roster so pretty much not a spectator sport.

16 hours ago, shaggy said:

BRS

Interesting analysis about Dalton in answer to all the people in Chicago whining about him.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Interesting analysis about Dalton in answer to all the people in Chicago whining about him.

I don't actually have a prob with the dude.  Seems better than the biscuit, and he gives fields the "Alex Smith" to emulate.  Hopefully he plays good enough to keep fields on the bench for the majority of the season, but I don't see that with the o line as it is.  Realistically, I see fields in there in week 4 against the lions unless they are 4-0/ or 3/1 which Imho dalton can do with an o line.  We don't have an o line...  

6 hours ago, shaggy said:

I don't actually have a prob with the dude.  Seems better than the biscuit, and he gives fields the "Alex Smith" to emulate.  Hopefully he plays good enough to keep fields on the bench for the majority of the season, but I don't see that with the o line as it is.  Realistically, I see fields in there in week 4 against the lions unless they are 4-0/ or 3/1 which Imho dalton can do with an o line.  We don't have an o line...  

I've always liked Dalton, he comes off as about the third nicest guy on the planet, and he and his wife really jumped into the community in Cincinnati. I think his struggles were more the team struggles; as you say, you can't QB well without protection. I'll always wish the guy well as long as we're not playing him.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:34 AM, shaggy said:

Strategically, if you think Fields is the future then you bench him for the whole season instead of getting him beat up behind a suspect O-Line.  Use the 3-14 record to get the guy some proper protection for 2022.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Strategically, if you think Fields is the future then you bench him for the whole season instead of getting him beat up behind a suspect O-Line.  Use the 3-14 record to get the guy some proper protection for 2022.

Otherwise, he could have Alex Smith's other experience, put in behind a horrendous 49er O-Line - ran for his life for a year, destroyed his throwing shoulder (and any deep ball threat) in year 2.

1 hour ago, Tax Man said:

That would be the plan at this point, but after the foles debacle and the biscuit situation, I don't know how much I trust Nagy at this point.  There is a blue print in KC, so hopefully he can follow it.  On paper Fields is the guy..  On the field, (After 1 game) Fields is the guy, so your guess is as good as mine.   

6 hours ago, Tax Man said:

Yup. Just like the Bengals probably could have gone 4-11-1 without blowing up Joe Burrow's knee.

6 hours ago, Tax Man said:

Though Andy Dalton got chucked into the fire his rookie year and took the Bengals to the playoffs. But he had talent around him, too.

Halftime

Buffalo. 34

Chicago. 6

Chicago has rushed the ball 5 times for 8 yards

Buffalo 13 carries for 61 yards

After watching the first half of the Bears-Bills game, the prediction I and many other Bears fans had about Trubisky benefiting by getting out of that toxic environment Nagy created for him seems to be coming to fruition.  Just watching Allen act as Trubisky's cheerleader told me a lot about the system Mitch now plays in.

Watching this game has now made me wonder if Nagy is still creating a toxic, or at least unhealthy, environment with his players.  The fact he put his dislike of Mitch ahead of the good of the team speaks volumes about what kind of a coach he is. 

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, shaggy said:

That would be the plan at this point, but after the foles debacle and the biscuit situation, I don't know how much I trust Nagy at this point.  There is a blue print in KC, so hopefully he can follow it.  On paper Fields is the guy..  On the field, (After 1 game) Fields is the guy, so your guess is as good as mine.   

Lots of talk about Fields these days. It’s almost like 3 other QBs weren't picked before him just a few months ago. 

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

Lots of talk about Fields these days. It’s almost like 3 other QBs weren't picked before him just a few months ago. 

He could very easily be the cream of that crop.  Kid knows how to win.

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

He could very easily be the cream of that crop.  Kid knows how to win.

As a lifetime Brs fan..  God I hope so..  Hopefully they don't ruin him and/orNagy actually wants to lift a finger to help him.  I am so sick of this 3 and out BS...  They had the #3 pick(Dumb Pick) but they had him and they absolutely destroyed his confidence as apparent in the 1st 1/2 against the ones... They now have another similar pick and they had better protect him.  The vaunted Chicago D is getting older and IMHO we will be lucky to be top 12 or so...  Fat lady is warming up on both of em.  

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Cowboys got hosed,  that was OPI and should have been called..  i guess the refs like sucking on brady and trying to hose  jones...   if Zuerlein had done his job, than it would have been a non-issue

anyway a good game to watch..

I watched the first half.  The only holding call on the Dallas O-Line was a tackle (verb).

24 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Cowboys got hosed,  that was OPI and should have been called..  i guess the refs like sucking on brady and trying to hose  jones...   if Zuerlein had done his job, than it would have been a non-issue

anyway a good game to watch..

I think Brady wins one more and then hands the reins to Trask.

Go Bucs

55 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

I watched the first half.  The only holding call on the Dallas O-Line was a tackle (verb).

I caught the last 6 minutes. Was probably the most interesting part of the game....

16 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

That was a pretty decent performance in all facets of the game. Nice to have a game that didn't come down to the last play and trying to give me a heart attack!!

WL

Nice to see the hawks actually get going in the first half!

On 9/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, d'ranger said:

Not Fucking Last                It's my current goal in life.

Well if the Bear’s lose, Detroit will be in first place. Albeit tied with the other four at 0-1

• Like 2

Archaeologists Discover Concession Stand At Colosseum That Gouged Ancient Romans 10 Denarii For Small Clay Cup Of Wine

Alerts

ROME—Unearthing the earliest known instance of fans being completely fleeced, archeologists from the University of Milan announced Tuesday that they had discovered a buried concession stand at the colosseum that gouged ancient Romans 10 denarii for a small clay cup of wine. “There were prices well beyond what your average Roman would pay at the market, which shows just how advanced the empire was when it came to wringing their people dry,” said Professor Lambrugo Frederico, adding that the excavation team found the remnants of etched warning signs saying no outside food or beverage was allowed in the Colosseum. “Our preliminary findings of the lower levels under the Colosseum show that not only did these stands charge an arm and a leg for some cheap swill wine, they also had the gall to think people would pay upwards of 20 denarii for some mediocre snails or a little bag of olives. It’s an amazing insight into what greedy bastards the ancient Romans were.” Federico added that while the Romans were just starting to discover the power of concession gouging they were actually far more advanced than modern stadiums in the sanitation of bathrooms.

59 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

That was a good game. Officials got in the way a bit, but overall, fun to watch.

Heinike is an interesting story.

WL

Heinike could be the next Kurt Warner.  Or not.  It just gives the sportswriters something to salivate over......

Good week to get up at oh-dark thirty to watch my team not try a pass longer than 8 yards for almost three quarters.

MADDENING game. Our defense played very well, but our offensive play calling was basically run-run-pass underneath-punt.

At some point, the defense figures out your going to keep doing the same thing over and over again, and they shut down your options. We didn't start balling until we were down by 17 and Taylor finally took the hobbles off the offense.

How does ESPN think it's a good idea to get rid of their regular announcers and not only have to listen to the Manning bros chat away but also to see their faces, cutting off part of the ball game?  This idea is worse than New Coke.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jules said:

How does ESPN think it's a good idea to get rid of their regular announcers and not only have to listen to the Manning bros chat away but also to see their faces, cutting off part of the ball game?  This idea is worse than New Coke.

It's PAINFUL!!

Yep.

My opinion is that Pete is a little past his prime as a defensive coach. He keeps Norton around because Ken will run the D that Pete puts together. What he needs is a young and hungry D coordinator that will challenge him to do things a little differently. You know, like have the corners check the receivers at the line instead of sitting back 5-10 yards and getting beat on the short routes every time. And maybe, just maybe, RW wouldn't have to be a miracle worker with these come from behind shenanigans that didn't work today.

WL

2 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

Why does Nagy still have a job? A QB whisperer he is not.

The reason Nagy has a job is that the owners of the team are dumb. They love the Bears but they love their cash flow more. If you had a smarter coach he might demand better, higher paid players. That cuts down on cash to the family.

I have felt for a long time that it is time for the McCasky family to sell. Bringing in a wealthy partner would allow them to build a new stadium and actually create a winning tradition. 

• Like 1

Buccaneers got their asses handed to them last night!  What happened to their now non-existent running game?  Next week will be interesting when they go to play the Patriots!!  I thought for sure Gronk had some cracked ribs after that brutal hit by the Rams.....

6 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

The reason Nagy has a job is that the owners of the team are dumb. They love the Bears but they love their cash flow more. If you had a smarter coach he might demand better, higher paid players. That cuts down on cash to the family.

I have felt for a long time that it is time for the McCasky family to sell. Bringing in a wealthy partner would allow them to build a new stadium and actually create a winning tradition. 

It’s a salary cap league. Bears are just under the cap. As all teams are. 

Salary money isn’t the issue. How it’s spent is 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

McCaskeys don't want rebels or show offs or the cocky - traits often found in the best players - they just want clean cut, nice boys who will do anything for Grandma McCaskey.

6 hours ago, Jules said:

McCaskeys don't want rebels or show offs or the cocky - traits often found in the best players - they just want clean cut, nice boys who will do anything for Grandma McCaskey.

Not many of those people around.

18 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

y'all haven't had a qb worth a darn since McMahon

And McCaskeys hated him.  They thought they were getting a nice, clean-cut boy from from that religious school in Utah.

1503752476_mcmahon_jim_6401.jpg.09686eba06d98c1ac8f56796374a9ca6.jpg

9 hours ago, Jules said:

And McCaskeys hated him.  They thought they were getting a nice, clean-cut boy from from that religious school in Utah.

1503752476_mcmahon_jim_6401.jpg.09686eba06d98c1ac8f56796374a9ca6.jpg

Don't buy that, the Mormons tossed him out of BYU as soon as his last season was over.

They knew what they were getting. 

2 hours ago, pbd said:

Don't buy that, the Mormons tossed him out of BYU as soon as his last season was over.

They knew what they were getting. 

To Grandma McCaskey, he was such a nice boy, until he stuck his tongue out.  Then she locked him in a room with Dikuh.  Dikuh was never the same.

3 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

How about them lions again

How about. 4 trips inside the red zone, 3 of them inside the ten.  Result? Zero points.  Even the Giants and Jets win today.

Seahawks proved that if you take away an opposing teams, Starting QB,RB, and place kicker (and a few other starters) they can whip somebody.

Saw some halftime adjustments that gave me some hope though. 

One 0-4 team, a lot of 3-1 and 2-2 teams. Only one undefeated, Arizona Cardinals. Gonna be a tough year to win the NFC West

Go Hawks!!!

WL

It seems we have a king now - Tom Brady.  He, and he alone, won last night's game, despite throwing for only one touchdown.  At least that's what the paper saying, crowning him King Tom. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:21 PM, dyslexic dog said:

How about Stafford? MVP so far this year.

Stafford has always been a great QB.  All he needed was the right team.

Imagine where Brady would be today if he was drafted by the Lions.  Or the Jets... or the Bears...

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

just phucking up your draft!

if the jets can find a way, they will ;-)

Belichick messed up on that 4th and 3.  Driving rain and you go for 56 yd field goal?    Weird.   

Dull game.  Bucs look too beat up to be a #1.   Brady was so-so.  

Chargers -Raiders tonite.   Good one.