4 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Umm didn’t he get sacked 9 times last game?  The bears O is so bad they should try running a triple option.  At least it would be entertaining.

Two games ago.  He did fine against Detroit last game but hell, Tebow would look like a QB against Detroit.  

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i took a vodka booster this morning to ese the pain....I FUCKING HATE THE JETS  WHY DID MY DAD BESTOW THIS SHAME UPON THE FAMILY 

I am beyond sympathy for these clowns.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

BRS.....  Fields is in..  Bears fans rejoice...  

Will he do better than 1 yard net the next time they play a team with defense?

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Oh, it's the little things. sometimes.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a bright future in coaching - he did more with less physical ability than most.  Meanwhile this thread needs some music to motivate our SuperiorNoledge poster to come back.

It's been an interesting reminder of our Vespa riding friend this year. With Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase reunited, various Bengals fan groups I'm in have been flooded with LSU fans who have become Bengals fans because of Burrow (last year) and now Chase.

The funniest thing is all of a sudden we have people in the groups screaming that we need to elevate Thaddeus Moss (son of Randy, also on 2020 LSU championship team) from the practice squad right away. People have taken to shouting down all the LSU bandwagon fans every time they do.

While I understand Gator's obsession with Florida football because he went there and sees reflected glory in the team to compensate for his own inadequacies, I'm deeply puzzled by people who get all excited and swagged up for a school they never went to.

Someone asked me the other day what my "college team" was. I found the question puzzling.

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm deeply puzzled by people who get all excited and swagged up for a school they never went to.

Did you ever play for the Bengals or did you just pick them based on geography, colour or some player you liked?  Why should college be different?

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Two games ago.  He did fine against Detroit last game but hell, Tebow would look like a QB against Detroit.  

Does anyone really think that Dalton would do better??  This season is a write off no matter what and as long as he does not get killed (Lazor to the rescue) it is going to be the same damn thing next year (yes I want Nagy the narcisist and Pace the silent out bur that won't happen).  He is the future...  let him play, give him the 1st team reps and go..  If, by some miracle (with that O line)we get playoff football and can look forward to football in Jan..  Otherwise we got Detroit on Thanksgiving so there is that...  LOL

BRS

9 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Did you ever play for the Bengals or did you just pick them based on geography, colour or some player you liked?  Why should college be different?

A professional team is not a school team, it's meant to appeal to broadly people - usually starting regionally. I grew up in Cincinnati, hence my affinity for the Reds and Bengals. Usually fandom is associated with some sort of affinity, initially. Most people don't just sit down and say "Gee, I want to be an NFL fan, I think I'll throw darts at a schedule to see who I'll spend the next 40 years screaming about and buying clothing and swag for."  There's usually some sort of connection - you lived in the town, your best buddy is a fan and brought you to games and got you excited, your family has ALWAYS rooted for the Steelers, and you hate your family, etc. etc.

There are a few foreign NFL fans who do that, but they're the outliers.

Fandom is usually passed on with a connection of some sort, no matter how tenuous.

Whereas a school team is part of the school community, and the team represents and is tied to the school. If I went to school X, why on earth would I have any interest in cheering for students at school Y if I didn't actually go there?

It just puzzles me.

If someone went to LSU or Florida, or their parents did and they were raised watching LSU games on Saturdays with Dad, sure I can see that passing on even if you never went to the school. It's a shared experience thing, which is the essence of fandom.

But for me, I went to a college with a football team. I don't see a reason to pick some other college I didn't attend to root for like I would a pro team. But college schools should not BE pro teams, and that's another whole discussion!

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Dalton was not dressed for the Detroit game, knee injury.  

Understood, but a knee bruise seems to be just the excuse they need to go all in...  Not saying it is right or wrong, just saying that he was next up.  Dalton will be dressed this week.  No way in hell Foles sees the field...  

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I don't see a reason to pick some other college I didn't attend to root for like I would a pro team. But college schools should not BE pro teams, and that's another whole discussion!

Proud CSU alum, Kid went there too..  I agree, why in the fuck would I root for CU??  WYO??  AirForce etc.  Hell any of the top 10 schools.  Maybe boise state cause they are in the MWC, but that's about it, but I would never buy their shwag. 

You are from the midwest, so you know this tho(its more for those that don'd get it).  Pros, Regional... 100%.  Friend is a Raiders fan, he grew up in upstate NY, Only got Raiders games growing up on tv, hence raiders..  Kind of like Cubs fans, they have a giant fan base cause WGN was so big back in the day and broadcast the Cubbies nationally.  The cubs were the only game in town (ON Tv) so out of state peeps love em.  

Now, If you want to discuss the pay scale of college athletes and the fallout that is going to come out of the ruling, well lets start another thread.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Proud CSU alum, Kid went there too..  I agree, why in the fuck would I root for CU??  WYO??  AirForce etc.  Hell any of the top 10 schools.  Maybe boise state cause they are in the MWC, but that's about it, but I would never buy their shwag. 

You are from the midwest, so you know this tho(its more for those that don'd get it).  Pros, Regional... 100%.  Friend is a Raiders fan, he grew up in upstate NY, Only got Raiders games growing up on tv, hence raiders..  Kind of like Cubs fans, they have a giant fan base cause WGN was so big back in the day and broadcast the Cubbies nationally.  The cubs were the only game in town (ON Tv) so out of state peeps love em.  

Now, If you want to discuss the pay scale of college athletes and the fallout that is going to come out of the ruling, well lets start another thread.  

No one is ever going to become a Bengals fan based on their national presence, their history of success, or how glorified they are in the media!

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

No one is ever going to become a Bengals fan based on their national presence, their history of success, or how glorified they are in the media!

but, ...but they have cool helmets....

watched some of the hawks / rams game...   holy fuck,   i though I was watching oregon play colorado state...   both team uniforms were ugly...  

Texans well on the way to another top #1 pick,   there should be a rule,  that if you can't leaverage the picks into something useful, than you drop to the bottom of the round.. 

Houston has a tradition of taking pass rushers early from Mario Williams to J.J. Watt to Jadeveon Clowney. Kayvon Thibodeaux could be next in line as that franchise looks to turn things around. There is not a quarterback prospect who warrants being taken over the Oregon edge rusher.

12 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

watched some of the hawks / rams game...   holy fuck,   i though I was watching oregon play colorado state...   both team uniforms were ugly...  

Rams are clownish, hawks are fugly.  The UH/Tulane game was a lot more interesting, was played on Sack Ave.

38 minutes ago, dyslexic dog said:
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Well, that was just disappointing.

And weird as hell. Cursed Kicker Bowl.

Um, you could be a Lions fan then.

Between the Packers (3) and the Bengals (2) there were five missed FGs in the last 2:15 or so plus OT. And a missed PAT by the Packers which let it be a tie in the first place.

As far as I can tell, we covered the spread, were in it for all five quarters, and blew the game on a few bad executions and play calls. All-in-all, yes, it's a loss, but it could have easily been a win and I'm OK with that for now.

The Bengals are a very different team than they've been since at least 2015.

When an N"F"L game is delayed b/c of Fucking RAIN .... it's Over

not that any of that matters in dayGO

Fucking Pussys

not watching just at bar and hearing the others crying

10 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

When an N"F"L game is delayed b/c of Fucking RAIN .... it's Over

not that any of that matters in dayGO

Fucking Pussys

not watching just at bar and hearing the others crying

Lightning!  They don't give a shit about rain.  You want the liability of having 80K fans in the open stands and players on the field with lightning in the area?  Tell the guys in the bar they're full of shit.

37 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Lightning!  They don't give a shit about rain.  You want the liability of having 80K fans in the open stands and players on the field with lightning in the area?  Tell the guys in the bar they're full of shit.

Well I guess that makes a difference

Give them sum Tinfoil Helmets

But between '64 - '70 if a QB was struck by lightning  #2 would run in

Of note we had MAJOR LIGHTNING STORM .. w sum rain

I was riding my Harley up the hill from my house and could see Strikes all over the place

1st thought stop and shoot sum Video

Then thought turned to Fuck that idea

Went to Happy Hour w/o getting wet

A dude who parked 50' away came in SOAKING WET

LIGHTNING lit Up the pace and the Air Was Shaking (could Really feel it)

Firetruck went by as it was pouring

1/2 hr later the RAIDERS let me down (Scot Loves chargers hates RAIDERS odd)

So I go hop on me Bike and go 1/2 mile w only the lifestyle of sprinkles = I did Not get wet

I was 2 blocks from the fire on the upper left

I Did Not call for a Delay of my Harley Ride Home .... jus sayin

9085.png

For folks who follow this stuff, Jon Gruden is  out as Raiders coach over a series a racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments over a period of years.

47 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

For folks who follow this stuff, Jon Gruden is  out as Raiders coach over a series a racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments over a period of years.

if that was the case, 4/5's of the nfl, including players, would be gone

51 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Screwed himself out of going back to broadcasting.  Well done Jon!

Not my team.  But, I am happy for my friends who love the Ravens.  Regarding Lamar Jackson -

The 442 passing yards set a Baltimore Ravens record for a single game. Jackson became the first player in history to throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns while completing at least 85 percent of his throws, while his 86 percent completion rate was the highest of all time for a player who threw for at least 400 yards. The 86 percent mark was also the highest among the 4,017 games in which a player attempted at least 40 passes. 

Not bad for a guy some said was a RB and couldn't throw.

Bolts last in NFl in yds/carry (5.6) and total yards/season:  788.

Browns (Chubb & Hunt) shredded us for 6.6 and 230 yds.  500+ offensive yds on the day.

Browns call ball a bit.   Respect 4 Chubb and their line.  Big-boy power football.  Hunt goes hard too.   Tough team.

Chargers @ Ravens will get smacked hard by Lamar J  if they don’t figure something out here.

Good game.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Not my team.  But, I am happy for my friends who love the Ravens.  Regarding Lamar Jackson -

The 442 passing yards set a Baltimore Ravens record for a single game. Jackson became the first player in history to throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns while completing at least 85 percent of his throws, while his 86 percent completion rate was the highest of all time for a player who threw for at least 400 yards. The 86 percent mark was also the highest among the 4,017 games in which a player attempted at least 40 passes. 

Not bad for a guy some said was a RB and couldn't throw.

It was a bad weekend for kickers, and my Bengals blew a game with it. But I'm still cheesed off that Indy's kicker missed the game winner.

2 minutes ago, blunderfull said:

Bolts last in NFl in yds/carry (5.6) and total yards/season:  788.

Browns (Chubb & Hunt) shredded us for 6.6 and 230 yds.  500+ offensive yds on the day.

Browns call ball a bit.   Respect Chubb and their line.  Big-boy power football.

Chargers will get smacked hard by Ravens if they don’t figure something out here.

Lucky Chargers get to play the AFC North this year, eh?

Don't sleep on the Bengals, we missed several chances to put the Packers away.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Woh, Woh, Woh... Wtf is wrong with the CSU unis??   Ecstatic that you think we are up there with Oregon, but how does this...

image.png.d3ec97ca3e45d46b15af04b394c3447d.png

Compare with 

image.png.009634d1c3decb9040ca9fd12a62d5bb.png

that.  Maryland may be your go to in this scenario...  

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Woh, Woh, Woh... Wtf is wrong with the CSU unis??   Ecstatic that you think we are up there with Oregon, but how does this...

image.png.d3ec97ca3e45d46b15af04b394c3447d.png

Compare with 

that.  Maryland may be your go to in this scenario...  

CSU is fine...    not a good look for rams...

cxwfohkxje9p9iwbmiaj

17 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

It was a bad weekend for kickers, and my Bengals blew a game with it. But I'm still cheesed off that Indy's kicker missed the game winner.

Heard he has some sort of hip injury.

Did you see the earlier play in which the punter came out for a FG?  He missed. 

But, a Raven jumped offsides, so they got another chance.  This time, Blankenship came out and made that kick.

Weird.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Heard he has some sort of hip injury.

Did you see the earlier play in which the punter came out for a FG?  He missed. 

But, a Raven jumped offsides, so they got another chance.  This time, Blankenship came out and made that kick.

Weird.

I only "watched" the game with the play tracker on Yahoo Sports. Not going to spend my precious bandwidth streaming the Ravens without any Bengals on the field, even to see them lose.

21 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I only "watched" the game with the play tracker on Yahoo Sports. Not going to spend my precious bandwidth streaming the Ravens without any Bengals on the field, even to see them lose.

actually, the NFL , is putting the games on youtube,  with only the actual action,  no bullshit, no commercials, no huddles, no million slowmotion replays, and no reviews...   i watched the entire cowboys / panthers game,  it was 51 minutes .long

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

actually, the NFL , is putting the games on youtube,  with only the actual action,  no bullshit, no commercials, no huddles, no million slowmotion replays, and no reviews...   i watched the entire cowboys / panthers game,  it was 51 minutes .long

Good to know.

Not live though. And still uses bandwidth. Once the score is set my interest in watching a game is much lower, and my interest in watching a game with teams I don't like or care about and I know the outcome is near zero.

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you're forgetting about detroit..

Yeah, there are a handful of competitors, these just happen to be my team vs my closest geographic team. I’m not sure which is more painful to watch. I suspect both will have new coaches next year (and Campbell will still be weepy in Detroit next year).

I just don’t see the skill players coming out of the college ranks like we saw last year. That tells me we will see linemen picked high. The Dolphins’ o-line has been a joke for a long time. It is impossible to tell if Tua has what it takes when he is getting crushed on every play. It’s gonna be a long season. 

49 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yeah, there are a handful of competitors, these just happen to be my team vs my closest geographic team. I’m not sure which is more painful to watch. I suspect both will have new coaches next year (and Campbell will still be weepy in Detroit next year).

I just don’t see the skill players coming out of the college ranks like we saw last year. That tells me we will see linemen picked high. The Dolphins’ o-line has been a joke for a long time. It is impossible to tell if Tua has what it takes when he is getting crushed on every play. It’s gonna be a long season. 

I've got to say, so far picking Ja'Marr Chase instead of Penei Sewell has worked out OK for us.

image.thumb.png.aaba3fe20d9bbaf3e01a2e7513d7a505.png

image.png.972f338656494884f5909668fadd1eb7.png

Haven’t watched any NFL this year, but Mrs PB is at book club tonight so I grabbed a little scotch, lit the fireplace, and flipped on a Thursday Night Football. Holy cow I forgot how many commercials there are! Seems like at least 25% of the time it’s blah blah blah commercials. Turned it off after about 20 minutes and flipped on a NOVA. meh

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Point Break said:

Haven’t watched any NFL this year, but Mrs PB is at book club tonight so I grabbed a little scotch, lit the fireplace, and flipped on a Thursday Night Football. Holy cow I forgot how many commercials there are! Seems like at least 25% of the time it’s blah blah blah commercials. Turned it off after about 20 minutes and flipped on a NOVA. meh

That's a downside to it live, for sure.

My dad watches it with a DVR. Starts watching an hour or so after kickoff, then zips over the ads.

He also tends to zip over everything between the snap and the whistle which drives me nuts, because I like to watch them set up the formations on the field to try to figure out what was going one/what happened.

• Like 2
On 10/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Point Break said:

Three hours to cover a one hour game.  Imagine what fans in the stands are fed to keep them entertained. 

As a hard core commercial muter, the DVR has been a godsend.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:32 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you're forgetting about detroit..

Detroit is going to win a couple. They’ve been damn close to breaking through and will have a couple of upsets. It’s the Dolphins with the inside track. They really control their own destiny. Detroit isn’t on their schedule but they have the ability to saddle a win on Houston, Atlanta, NYG, and NYJ twice. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Detroit is going to win a couple. They’ve been damn close to breaking through and will have a couple of upsets. It’s the Dolphins with the inside track. They really control their own destiny. Detroit isn’t on their schedule but they have the ability to saddle a win on Houston, Atlanta, NYG, and NYJ twice. 

I'm not sold on Goff, but a great trade for both teams.

1 minute ago, Gangbusters said:

I grew up with the Lions. Caddied for Chuck Schmidt. He hit the ball like a lady.

He was a great linebacker, but a shitty coach and golfer per you.

54 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sol,  not so fast after your fins cough up a hairball :-)

On 10/14/2021 at 6:45 PM, B.J. Porter said:

That's a downside to it live, for sure.

My dad watches it with a DVR. Starts watching an hour or so after kickoff, then zips over the ads.

He also tends to zip over everything between the snap and the whistle which drives me nuts, because I like to watch them set up the formations on the field to try to figure out what was going one/what happened.

I'm surprised a banked hour is enough to blot out all the commercials. Certainly not the commercials and halftime. 

I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the Bills. They seem unbeatable at the moment, best defense, hands down.  

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Chargers need to please get their shit together.

Oh……now you’ve done it…….you know what happens when you say “Chargers”…..

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice……

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

Oh……now you’ve done it…….you know what happens when you say “Chargers”…..

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice……

Can’t believe I did that.    

Some major voodoo here.  Crazy.

what a 4th quarter .. 'Boys pull it out in overtime...  

but the game should have never gotten to overtime...   the decision to go on 4th and goal and not take an easy FG and later to go for 2...     with the point after , the tie-ing FG would have been a game winner...

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Aaron Rodgers to jeering Bears fans: "All my fucking life, I own you, I still own you. I still own you."

As a Bears fan, I finally believe something Rogers says. He has no reason to be sorry for what he said. It is actually true.  

Having heard what is said by many fans at Soldier Field about opposing players and teams, this response is mild. 

Tom Brady congratulates Aaron Rodgers for being a Bears ‘shareholder’

Sunday, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told the Bears he owned them.

Tom Brady heard him.

“I was studying a little on the Bears and Packers,” said Brady, whose Buccaneers host the Bears on Sunday. “Before we get started I wanted to say congrats to Aaron Rodgers, obviously. I know he’s a great quarterback, but I guess he’s now a shareholder of the Bears.

“I saw a clip of him really enthusiastically telling the crowd how happy he is to own Soldier Field. That’s really great stuff.

just

end

the

season

too fucking embarrassing   my nephew's pop warner team plays better than the pathetic jets 

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

just

end

the

season

too fucking embarrassing   my nephew's pop warner team plays better than the pathetic jets 

Tough break on your QB this week. Your backup didn't have a great day, either.

We went through the whole "breaking your high draft rookie QB after he got sacked a zillion times" thing last year, and it sucked.

Next week could be rough for you, though I must admit it could be a trap game. My Bengals look a bit stronger than the Patriots this year though, but we may not have the divisional bad blood to run the score into the 50s like the Pats.

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

just

end

the

season

We have two games between the Jets and Dolphins to determine who battles it out with Detroit for the first pick. Could the Lions beat Chicago or Minnesota at home? Could Green Bay have a bunch of starters sitting for the final game of the regular season at Detroit, and would it matter? Houston plays both the Dolphins and Jets, so they should pick up another win or two there, and they play Jacksonville, who is also sitting on one win. It looks like a four or five team race at this point. 

30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We have two games between the Jets and Dolphins to determine who battles it out with Detroit for the first pick. Could the Lions beat Chicago or Minnesota at home? Could Green Bay have a bunch of starters sitting for the final game of the regular season at Detroit, and would it matter? Houston plays both the Dolphins and Jets, so they should pick up another win or two there, and they play Jacksonville, who is also sitting on one win. It looks like a four or five team race at this point. 

#1 pick is ours to lose.  Maybe Chicago at home, Minnesota, probably not.  Green Bay could beat us in their sleep.

13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
45 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

#1 pick is ours to lose.  Maybe Chicago at home, Minnesota, probably not.  Green Bay could beat us in their sleep.

I feel weirdly left out of this discussion, after having the #1 and #5 picks for my team in the last two years.

Not a complaint. Just feels odd.

We'll try to help the Jets out if we can though.

55 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

I feel weirdly left out of this discussion, after having the #1 and #5 picks for my team in the last two years.

Not a complaint. Just feels odd.

We'll try to help the Jets out if we can though.

A Top five pick  hasen’t helped the jets in the past two years. It would be a waste on a bust of a college player.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Joe Flacco is coming to save the day.

Heh I just got ESPN update   BFD 

Loving the "moral victory" by Seattle AKA holding the Saints to a FG.

Then just saw what Everett did, FUCK!

Punkin Puss (my wife) & I are cowering in the basement watching on DirectTV because Xfinity has been FUBAR today, since I"m posting now it appears they have fixed the problem.