49 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Was their defensive THAT good, or the Ravens O line THAT bad?

Good play from the safeties and corners. Ravens O line did not do Lamar any favors for sure. But they stuffed the run plays and kept the 'fins stumbling offense in the game with 1 or 2 picks and some key stops. Really felt like Baltimore was looking ahead to next week and forgot to take care of business.

WL

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great QB but also a tool. 

The Novax Djokovic of the NFL

Any team other than Green Bay.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

Good play from the safeties and corners. Ravens O line did not do Lamar any favors for sure. But they stuffed the run plays and kept the 'fins stumbling offense in the game with 1 or 2 picks and some key stops. Really felt like Baltimore was looking ahead to next week and forgot to take care of business.

WL

Not to mention the Ravens had a grueling overtime game and the Phins had a bye week playing the Texaints.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay, who kidnapped the Dolphins and sent a football team to the field against the Ravens. Another year with just enough meaningless wins to screw up the draft…thereby ensuring another year or three of mediocrity. 

Victims of their previous successes. Never occurred to Lamar he might have to use use his running ability too, not in a game against the Dolphins.     

6 hours ago, barleymalt said:

Will the Lydowns eclipse their own 0-16 mark, and set the new bar for futility?. It is like watching a slow motion 60 year train wreck.

I was really hoping they'd pull this one out and beat the Squealers.

I mean, we would moved from 4th to 2nd in our division during a bye week if that happened.

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

I had an enjoyable day shrinkwrapping  my boat. Fuck the jets 

Yeah, I've given up on watching the Hawks at this point. I'll listen on the radio if its available, but I'd rather be in the shop or on the boat. Not sure I will return to watching the games anytime soon.

WL

On 11/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, dacapo said:

I had an enjoyable day shrinkwrapping  my boat. Fuck the jets 

Jet fan here, been one from the first game at Shea  Got punished in the Navy, as my Chief was a Balto, the year jets beat them.

Now Glad the jets lose the first game, so I don't have to watch the dumb sport for the rest of the season.

My Fantasy football team is ...........

7 LGBTQIA+ Football Players And Fans On How They're Celebrating Pride – And  Changing The Game | British Vogue5 Out Lesbian Footballers You Should Watch | Lesbian, Soccer players,  Football

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

I win. 

Worst team I have ever watched  

Jets look like number two…in the draft. Neither team is good but the Dolphins seem to be improving a bit. Still, there is only one quality win in this current three game trashing of their draft status. They have gone from remarkably bad to merely irrelevant. It will be the norm for Miami; win enough games to miss out on the quality draft stock, but not enough to be relevant. 

24 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

win enough games to miss out on the quality draft stock, but not enough to be relevant. 

how has that turned out for the Jets?  

2017 - 6th

2018- 3rd

2019 _ 3rd

2020-2nd

2021- 2nd? maybe 1st?

28 minutes ago, chinabald said:

How bad are things for the lions? Got a penalty because our lineman said mean things to one of their linemen. 

The NFL is trying to eliminate injuries from hits to the head. Apparently they are trying to spare feelings from bad words as well 

Don't worry. The Bears will be an antidote for the Lions problems this Thursday. They gave away a sure victory to a second string QB yesterday. I can't wait to see the coach and GM fired. It can't come too soon.

41 minutes ago, chinabald said:

How bad are things for the lions? Got a penalty because our lineman said mean things to one of their linemen. 

The NFL is trying to eliminate injuries from hits to the head. Apparently they are trying to spare feelings from bad words as well 

Christ, that’s part of being a lineman.

First play: “You are about to experience the worst night of your life.”

”It just keeps getting worse, doesn’t it?”

”Worse and worse.”

”You mother threw herself at me harder than that just last night.”

Its part of the game. NFL= No Fun League. 

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Eventually it adds up. Look at the Bengals, or farther back at the Bucs. 

Don't look THAT hard at the Bengals. We've been having top tier draft picks for the better part of the last three decades.

Akili Smith?  Ki-Jana Carter? David Klingler? David Pollack?

We've built many a 4-12 team around early draft picks. Where 4-12 was an improvement...

1) Akili Smith, QB, 1999 1st round

This is the undisputed number one (worst) pick. Smith had played one great season at Oregon and the Bengals were so enamored with his ability that they turned down the Saints offer to trade ALL of their draft picks for the Bengals’ position because they wanted to take Ricky Williams. The Bengals decided that would be a bad trade for them.

To make matters even worse, the next four picks in the draft were Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams, Torry Holt, and Champ Bailey. In Smith’s defense, the way the Bengals organization was being run at the time John Elway would have failed as a Bengal.

--

However...we've been doing phenomenal with that lately, I must admit. A big part of that is that notoriously cheap and football stupid Mike Brown has doddered off into the background, letting his sharp and savvy daughter take over most operations.

It takes more than high draft picks.

3 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

Don't worry. The Bears will be an antidote for the Lions problems this Thursday. They gave away a sure victory to a second string QB yesterday. I can't wait to see the coach and GM fired. It can't come too soon.

Yeah, and we over in Bengal-land would like to have a discussion about that Bears game. WTF?

Though the Lions almost pulled it off.

1 hour ago, Not My Real Name said:

Don't look THAT hard at the Bengals. We've been having top tier draft picks for the better part of the last three decades.

Akili Smith?  Ki-Jana Carter? David Klingler? David Pollack?

We've built many a 4-12 team around early draft picks. Where 4-12 was an improvement...

--

However...we've been doing phenomenal with that lately, I must admit. A big part of that is that notoriously cheap and football stupid Mike Brown has doddered off into the background, letting his sharp and savvy daughter take over most operations.

It takes more than high draft picks.

Undoubtedly. High pics are not a guarantee, just ask Lions fans, but they help. Ownership and leadership makes a huge difference as well. The Dolphins have not been a decent team on a regular basis since Joe Robbie died. Wayne Huizenga’s regime was all about wasting money on some washed up free agents who were good several years earlier, to boost season ticket sales on the back of delusional expectations. Stephen Ross’ first moves after taking over involved selling tiny ownership interests to various celebrities because he wanted game days to be the biggest party in town. They might as well greet potential top flight free agents with Warren from Something About Mary jumping out from behind a fake palm tree in the office to yell “Franks and Beans!” Competence at all levels is required. Look at the Pats, just don’t follow the owner into the local rubntug shop….

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Undoubtedly. High pics are not a guarantee, just ask Lions fans, but they help. Ownership and leadership makes a huge difference as well. The Dolphins have not been a decent team on a regular basis since Joe Robbie died. Wayne Huizenga’s regime was all about wasting money on some washed up free agents who were good several years earlier, to boost season ticket sales on the back of delusional expectations. Stephen Ross’ first moves after taking over involved selling tiny ownership interests to various celebrities because he wanted game days to be the biggest party in town. They might as well greet potential top flight free agents with Warren from Something About Mary jumping out from behind a fake palm tree in the office to yell “Franks and Beans!” Competence at all levels is required. Look at the Pats, just don’t follow the owner into the local rubntug shop….

The most exciting thing about this season? Our core talent is pretty young.

image.thumb.png.b89bec6b1de3a79b222fd93cae7d553a.png

image.png.300cee822ad310953b2ef99185023091.png

7 hours ago, chinabald said:

ha ha ha ha...   lions dinged for a  "YO MAMA... "      sheesh, the refs need to HTFU 

After D'Andre Swift rushed for 13 yards to end the third quarter, the TV broadcast went to commercial with the Lions down 13-7. When it returned for the fourth quarter, the head ump announced that Lions offensive lineman Jonah Jackson had been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct, which set Detroit back 15 yards. Now facing a first-and-25, the Lions were unable to convert a first down, and missed a chance at scoring valuable points.  

After the game, Lions head coach Dan Campbell explained that Jackson apparently said something about Jadeveon Clowney's mother. 

"I don't know what to tell you," Campbell said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. "It was something that is said. It was something about somebody's mother, OK? And there was a lot of talking going on out there, but so it was a penalty."

43 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Anyone know how DT Cam Heyward doesn't get ejected for this?

Unsportsmanlike conduct?
Unnecessary roughness?
Roughing the passer?
Taunting?

Anybody? Bueller?

black guy fighting with a white qb,  suspended until reinstated..

7 hours ago, Not My Real Name said:

Unsportsmanlike conduct?
Unnecessary roughness?
Roughing the passer?
Taunting?

Anybody? Bueller?

Well he obviously didn’t say “yo momma” otherwise he would have been flagged. 

• Like 1

Chicago sports talk radio (WSCR) is reporting that an unofficial, but a historically reliable and respected source,  is saying that Nagy is out as Bears coach after Thursday’s game with the Lions.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

tell that to myles garrett  and that wasn't even  rothlisbaby

Yup...guess who else gets to play the Squealers twice a year...

There's a lot of bad blood in the AFC North, and most of it is with them. When Hines Ward was in that Batman movie, I was rooting for Bane to blow his ass up.

a demotion that's seen him go from being a head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, to offensive coordinator for the Giants before being moved to a role as a positional coach and now a free agent.

But despite the failures Garrett has experienced, his name will instantly be mentioned as a top candidate for vacancies around the league in 2022, and that includes the Las Vegas Raiders

garrett gone...   didn't take long.    and those highlights are about right...  basically worthless

5 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Chicago sports talk radio (WSCR) is reporting that an unofficial, but a historically reliable and respected source,  is saying that Nagy is out as Bears coach after Thursday’s game with the Lions.

Should be the first of many heads to roll at the team.  Next should be the GM and team president.  

17 hours ago, Not My Real Name said:

Unsportsmanlike conduct?
Unnecessary roughness?
Roughing the passer?
Taunting?

Anybody? Bueller?

The QB failed to sell it. Probably because he wanted to be in for the next play. It was a long play so no refs on that side to see it. Had to buy time to get the video refs a chance. Rolling around in agony would've done that but he would've had to sit out for a play. 

Seems like Hayward felt that since he was taking shit for roughing him up, which he hadn't been, he decided he might as well get his money's worth, doesn't it?   

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

The QB failed to sell it. Probably because he wanted to be in for the next play. It was a long play so no refs on that side to see it. Had to buy time to get the video refs a chance. Rolling around in agony would've done that but he would've had to sit out for a play. 

Seems like Hayward felt that since he was taking shit for roughing him up, which he hadn't been, he decided he might as well get his money's worth, doesn't it?   

I believe he did get a 15 yard penalty for that.

15 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

garrett gone...   didn't take long.    and those highlights are about right...  basically worthless

He was a pretty good Coordinator for Miami before being a head coach, but that was what, 10+ years ago?

Some college team will pick him up….

58 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

who's in for the futility bowl?

image.png.78494ab0d54fcb40455a6345944d0b08.png

Have to - the Lions are so bad it's the only game I get to see in Toronto, but since it's a business day up here I can just get back to work once the score is hopeless.

How many times do Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin what’s name have to mention Aaron (Covid) Rodgers broken toe? He didn’t recover from cancer or a quadruple bypass. 

Chargers playing a short pass game is getting old.   Herbert has a big gun & 2 two good receivers.   Go deep 8-10x a game & see what happens.   We ain’t going nowhere like this .   Bronco’s D stepped up and put a beat down on Bolts.

My Hawks are tied 9-9 going into the half. A weird game of botched calls by the officials. They have succeeded in doing what all the "anti-anthem" BS could not.

I am done.

Officiating has ruined the NFL for me. It is unfathomable, that in this day and age, a multi billion dollar enterprise allows its product to be warped by human error.

Off to go putz in my shop. I'll listen on the radio, to the Hawks. But no more televised games for me.  I used to by my buddy's season tickets every other year or so. Not anymore.

I'm sure the NFL gives a rats fart, but maybe if enough tune out thye will.

WL

oh this should be good...   Robert Griffin coming out with a book

“I’m going to tell you the truth about what happened in that playoff game in 2012 against Seattle. I’m going to detail the medical mismanagement that I received during my time in Washington. I’m going to open your eyes to the sexual harassment that permeated the walls of that building and give you a deep dive into a power struggle between one of the most powerful coaches in all of sports and an owner that many of you want gone.”

19 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

My Hawks are tied 9-9 going into the half. A weird game of botched calls by the officials. They have succeeded in doing what all the "anti-anthem" BS could not.

I am done.

Officiating has ruined the NFL for me. It is unfathomable, that in this day and age, a multi billion dollar enterprise allows its product to be warped by human error.

Off to go putz in my shop. I'll listen on the radio, to the Hawks. But no more televised games for me.  I used to by my buddy's season tickets every other year or so. Not anymore.

I'm sure the NFL gives a rats fart, but maybe if enough tune out thye will.

WL

We feel your pain. Have for 10 years. Take your turn at the bottom with a bit of grace. This is where the good draft picks are. Oh..wait...you gave them all away to get Jamal Adams.

Nevermind... 

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

We feel your pain. Have for 10 years. Take your turn at the bottom with a bit of grace. This is where the good draft picks are. Oh..wait...you gave them all away to get Jamal Adams.

Nevermind... 

The last 10 years have been an awesome ride. I've been a fan since they founded the team. Survived Ken Behring trying to drive the team into the ground and sneak it out of town. Watched Rick Mirer do his best to help. Enjoyed watching Zorn to Largent connections. 

My issue has been building for awhile. Refs are determining the outcome of close games. All over the league. If you think it's not enough to make the players discouraged, look at their body language when it happens.

I'm out for a bit.

WL

48 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

The last 10 years have been an awesome ride. I've been a fan since they founded the team. Survived Ken Behring trying to drive the team into the ground and sneak it out of town. Watched Rick Mirer do his best to help. Enjoyed watching Zorn to Largent connections. 

My issue has been building for awhile. Refs are determining the outcome of close games. All over the league. If you think it's not enough to make the players discouraged, look at their body language when it happens.

I'm out for a bit.

WL

It’s not the refs determining the game so much as it is all the flags and replays that interrupt the flow of the game. If I were king, I’d get rid of replay. The missed/bad calls even out eventually. But I’m with you, I’m watching way less football than I used to. It’s just not as enjoyable an entertainment experience any more, the team I favor is one of the better ones this year.

On 11/29/2021 at 1:45 PM, jerseyguy said:

How many times do Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin what’s name have to mention Aaron (Covid) Rodgers broken toe? He didn’t recover from cancer or a quadruple bypass. 

Did love Joe Buck's little snide comment when he mentioned Aaron had a painkilling shot for his toe, along the likes of  "Aaron has decided to be 'immunised' against the pain...."

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

hey big D...  good news the jets are saved,  they're bringing in a new kicker !

They’ve had like eight or nine kickers in the past five years. Sucky teams have sucky kickers

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

They managed to hang on and get their first W by 2 points.

TD pass from Goff as time expired.

Meanwhile, the Bears performed poorly.

How snake bit are the Farty Whiners? Well Seattle looked about as horrible at times on offense as I have ever seen & somehow still fiddle fucked around & won it. I have to say the game itself was even wilder than the earlier F1 race.

But this is funny, the 1st time the Hawks lined up to punt I actually said: & of course we're going to fake it, hearkening back the days of yore when teams were never sure what we do on 4th down, my jaw was on the fucking floor when it actually happened!

21 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

hey big D...  good news the jets are saved,  they're bringing in a new kicker !

My dead grandmother could kick better than that little fuck

1 hour ago, animeproblem said:

How snake bit are the Farty Whiners? Well Seattle looked about as horrible at times on offense as I have ever seen & somehow still fiddle fucked around & won it. I have to say the game itself was even wilder than the earlier F1 race.

But this is funny, the 1st time the Hawks lined up to punt I actually said: & of course we're going to fake it, hearkening back the days of yore when teams were never sure what we do on 4th down, my jaw was on the fucking floor when it actually happened!

I listened to the game in the backyard as I burned up the first round of fall trimmings from last month and cut up the the second round. Productive afternoon. 

I must admit the game sounded like a roller coaster ride. A lot of ups and downs and you didn't know it was over until the 9ers coasted to a stop at the 3.

WL

4 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

I listened to the game in the backyard as I burned up the first round of fall trimmings from last month and cut up the the second round. Productive afternoon. 

I must admit the game sounded like a roller coaster ride. A lot of ups and downs and you didn't know it was over until the 9ers coasted to a stop at the 3.

WL

Unfocused defense

Crappy play calling on offense 

He wasn't perfect,  but can't blame Jimmy G for this one 

Kittle is awesome 

16 hours ago, dacapo said:

My dead grandmother could kick better than that little fuck

they might bring her in ...    

but, the jests have definitely figured out the problem..

The New York Jets are going round-and-round with their kicking situation.

A day after Alex Kessman missed two extra points, the team has signed veteran Eddy Pineiro to the active roster.

i wonder how much Alex got paid to miss two PAT's...  ,  I could have used some extra cash..

16 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

WL

Did the niners end up with 1 timeout? Why did they not run on 3rd and 3? ayahhhh

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

they might bring her in ...    

but, the jests have definitely figured out the problem..

i wonder how much Alex got paid to miss two PAT's...  ,  I could have used some extra cash..

nfl minumum salary is $660k for 1st year player