From their vapourware page......  'Outright ownership is R 1,950,000 +VAT'. That works out to 130 204.99usd before VAT. What the actual fuck? 130k for an ugly as fuck 'boat' with fender rebates? Man.... I want some of what they are smoking.

1 hour ago, leuk said:

Are you talking about those ugly as fuck boats?

https://nutshellcatamarans.com/

Not sure I'd want some of what they're smoking, as it seems to induce critical judgement failure.

How are you going to sheet in the jib?     Unless you raise the jib tack up high the jib is trapped by the huge cabin trunk.

hgjghjghg.png?resize=768,432&ssl=1

aerial-2-1.png?resize=768,432&ssl=1

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, slap said:

How are you going to sheet in the jib?     Unless you raise the jib tack up high the jib is trapped by the huge cabin trunk.

Why would you ever sheet in the jib. This vessel is not expected to go upwind is it?

1 hour ago, slap said:

Unless you raise the jib tack up high the jib is trapped by the huge cabin trunk

No worries, as shown on their renderings, they are using new quantum sailcloth technology where the sail is sheeted right through the cabin, with the sail occupying the gaps between the atoms making up the cabin, it's cutting edge stuff:

image.png.5161d4daa0a559c899ee8450d2e26784.png

• Like 6

What’s the worry, you can hitch it to back of your Prius and have it shipped to Europe, launch your floating/sailing NYC apartment  off the beach at Gibraltar and sail to Grease.(Sic)(intentionally)  (not the nation of Greece, but the grease you have to dispose of after cooking in your floating NYC apartment but you can go to Greece as well).

Then skip though the Suez Canal and duke it out with some Somalian pirates, finally, load it up at the Seychelles, pack a lunch, have it shipped to Australia and have a go at the Sidney Holbart.  Just think of all the new skills you’ll learn in the Bass Strait.  I think its a lovely apartment.   

Remember, I have a nice bridge at London, England for sale.  Good price on the bridge.   

• Like 2

Something I just noticed.  On the renderings where the woman is sitting, the bow appears open.  On the renderings with the sail raised the bow is closed.  

My question, does the cabin / deckhouse slide forward, much like many modern travel trailers have a slide out?  

After looking at the remarks section and sorting through the many remarks or the admiring fans, I ran across a fellow who said he had sailed the Atlantic and the Southern Ocean.  He felt this craft would only be suitable in small lakes and rivers.  I have navigated rivers (in power boats) and in my experience the current in the rivers would be a bit much to safely navigate in this craft.  At least the folks building this craft agreed with the sailor.  

Pictured below is a lake I suspect would be a s safe waterway for the boat.

5F6E7675-5A34-44FB-B1BC-63C5320300B1.jpeg

I like it better than a lot of boats I see. Low horsepower. Looks a shit ton better than most modern powerboats. probably more comfortable in chop. What's the problem?

22 minutes ago, Russell Brown said:

I like it better than a lot of boats I see. Low horsepower. Looks a shit ton better than most modern powerboats. probably more comfortable in chop. What's the problem?

They stuck a mast on it. Agreed that when I first saw it I thought “nice commuter powerboat”

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Whatever...

Between that weird-ass cat and a MacGregor 26, I'll take the cat. Any fucking day.

ya, but; accounting for inflation you could have almost 5 mac 26s for the price of one of that weird ass cats.

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

ya, but; accounting for inflation you could have almost 5 mac 26s for the price of one of that weird ass cats.

Buy just four, get some 2x4 with money saved and you got an quatromaran.

9 minutes ago, Pertsa said:

Buy just four, get some 2x4 with money saved and you got an quatromaran.

have you seen the prices for lumber lately? and the quad has been, unsuccessfully but better looking than this, done.

picencorequadcat101a.jpg

9 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Something I just noticed.  On the renderings where the woman is sitting, the bow appears open.  On the renderings with the sail raised the bow is closed.  

My question, does the cabin / deckhouse slide forward, much like many modern travel trailers have a slide out?  

Take a look at the blue rectangular SUP mat, and the blue foredeck section in the later pic with the sail unfurled. 

4 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

Whatever...

Between that weird-ass cat and a MacGregor 26, I'll take the cat. Any fucking day.

Last Sunday I saw a Mac 26 with 3di sails on it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Parma said:

Last Sunday I saw a Mac 26 with 3di sails on it.

Hell yeah! That's definitely worth a "Pics or it never happened"! :lol:

• Like 1

They seem to be following the recent camp trailer crowd

They should just skip the sail and cut the mast down to radar post height.

It might be an effective cruiser around someplace like the San Juan's.

The window display bed might be an issue in the marinas.

rteuyuye.jpg

In all fairness, other than the questionable rig and sailing abilities, it might be a nice weekend camper...
It would struggle to go upwind for sure but it would be ok on a reach or downwind so if you think of it as a motorsailer it might be an overall ok design. Not sure about what the "full keels" mean for trailering though: it's either going to sit really high on the trailer or the keels are outside the wheels?

3 hours ago, See Level said:

rteuyuye.jpg

The tillers holding the sliding doors closed is a nifty touch …hang on !

starboard tiller holds sliding door in “ventilation “ position , bloody top shelf thinking that 

3 hours ago, See Level said:

rteuyuye.jpg

Poor girl on the stand up raft has nailed her right mammary on the paddle , these renders just keep on giving 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:26 AM, Santana20AE said:

the opening is where the paddle board goes,  look at bot pics

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Pictured below is a lake I suspect would be a s safe waterway for the boat.

I don't agree.

I see no reason why this boat would not be extremely stable in waters a trailerable would normally go.

It's a cat FFS.  How much more hull form stability do you want or need?  Would be awesome for tooling around places larger vessels or keel boats could not go.

10 minutes ago, random. said:

I don't agree.

I see no reason why this boat would not be extremely stable in waters a trailerable would normally go.

It's a cat FFS.  How much more hull form stability do you want or need?  Would be awesome for tooling around places larger vessels or keel boats could not go.

Like a bogan's driveway?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Like a bogan's driveway?

Bogans don't buy $125K boats.

You guys should get over yourselves, I would be happy to take it for a week around the Whitsundays.

If the rig goes up/down easily would be ok for a Great Loop trip except they've probably put some electric drive bollocks* in spoiling it for that use. Not to mention you could buy some old trawler+fuel+expenses for less with more comfort.

*not going to read the marketing BS (nor most of this thread) to find out

The rudders look like an afterthought. "How ya gonna turn it?"  "Ummmm.....I don't know, we'll just put a pair of connected spoon shaped rudders on there that can't turn fully without hitting the hull and have tillers that help keep the aft cabin doors shut. Yeah, that's the ticket."

This smells like a funding Ponzi scheme based on a drawing by 15 year old who pirated a copy of a rendering software app.

7 hours ago, random. said:

I don't agree.

Even small lakes that have a decent wind reach can get waves over 4 feet (seen it) 

We sail on Caney Creek Lake, as well as Choctawhachee bay.  Caney is only 5000 acres.  We have storms that challenge our Santana.  Days easily exceed 20 knots of wind.  A Hobie cat would revel in these conditions.  A rank amateur in a boat that is only eight foot in beam with only tow “ropes” to pull, and a sail up, would be overwhelmed in conditions that the Santana with equal beam sails under blade and reefed main.  

I would not want to be anywhere near that top heavy, narrow beam, unballested crackerbox.  This is no catamaran in the traditional sense.  This is a craft, optimized for living comfort and trailerability, not sailing.  

5 hours ago, random. said:

You guys should get over yourselves, I would be happy to take it for a week around the Whitsundays.

Be nice if you did, a month or two would be better. Maybe even a year or two, nobody would miss you.

5 hours ago, random. said:

Bogans are happy to spend that sort of cash on a 20 foot fishing boat with two huge outboards and every electronic gadget and can holder available.

• Like 1
On 8/19/2021 at 12:20 AM, slap said:

hgjghjghg.png?resize=768,432&ssl=1

aerial-2-1.png?resize=768,432&ssl=1

The Sims Go Sailing

Now available for both Windows and Mac.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, HypnoToad said:

This smells like a funding Ponzi scheme based on a drawing by 15 year old who pirated a copy of a rendering software app.

Yeah, I thought the design was done by a HS student who won a participation award in their CAD class competition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, basketcase said:

Make it 10 mac 26s and the cat would still be a comparative bargain.  

• Like 1

why the thick bowsprit that has nothing on it and does nothing

other then the anchor line off the bottom and something else down there

and looks like it sticks way out the back to hold a backstay ?

3 hours ago, nota said:

Backstay? We don't need no stinkin backstay.

I sent these guys a Facebook message, and the 'boat' is actually 130k usd ex Cape Town. As a boatbuilder I really find that shocking. 

4 hours ago, nota said:

Thick bowsprit?  Why its for when the captain calls for ramming speed. :D

On 8/19/2021 at 1:07 AM, leuk said:

Are you talking about those ugly as fuck boats?

this whole thing looks kind of retarded to me, but idk they look as cute as they are ugly to me =)