10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Fuk Bob Dylan.....quite literally the most over rated elevator operator ever. Like right up there with that Klapton guy. And Bruce.

Jfc but just shoot me now......

Have to agree with you on Bob Dylan....Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane" was the best "Bob Dylan" song ever.

Good fiction can be good brain exercise though.

• Like 1
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A man is tough and driven, gets things done. A women is a nasty shrill bitch and probably a dyke

All this bullshit from idiots who voted for Sarah Palin (R) 

No leader of 100% of the countries on this planet ever took your boy Shitstain seriously.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bridhb said:

Have to agree with you on Bob Dylan....Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane" was the best "Bob Dylan" song ever.

Or Queen Jane Approximately.

Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters ever, look at the covers by all the greats, love or hate his voice.  YMMV.

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

Have to agree with you on Bob Dylan....Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane" was the best "Bob Dylan" song evtheer.

That's the really great thing about the internet. I'll be reading along and get tweaked by something and look it up. Before the net, I always had an atlas close to hand. And in the last century I called the reference librarian.

The only good thing I can say about people that don't read everything they can get their hands on is that ignorance apparently is bliss.

I think Rick is trolling us about the fiction bit. If not, I'm putting him on ignore.

22 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

That's the really great thing about the internet. I'll be reading along and get tweaked by something and look it up. Before the net, I always had an atlas close to hand. And in the last century I called the reference librarian.

The only good thing I can say about people that don't read everything they can get their hands on is that ignorance apparently is bliss.

I think Rick is trolling us about the fiction bit. If not, I'm putting him on ignore.

I think the only fiction Rico reads is Breitbart.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Actually.....none of it is. But hey, Honey, if you can cite a couple of examples?.....I'll be here....

Well, they had Rush and even Rush referred to himself as an entertainer.

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

But thanks for your surmising......dipshit.....

You're welcome. But he was on KFI which speaks to its lack of veracity as well as your taste in ... entertainment.

44 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc but you're like f'ng herpes. When was the last time you listened to KFI? If it's been a while....you wanna turn it on and get an honest assessment of just how fuked California truly is.

Or just play ostrich and continue to believe that this once great  state is Unicorny Nirvahna.....your call.....

Why would I need to turn on a talk radio station to learn about California?

I was born here. I live here. UC Berkeley beat some sense into me. Silicon Valley amply rewarded me and probably will reward me further. I really think I've got this whole California thing, fifth largest economy in the world, figured out, thank you. Mark, both Larrys, Sergei, Elon, Arnie, Britney, LeBron, ... they all moved here for a reason. I like that reason.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Why would I need to turn on a radio station to learn about California?  I was born here. I live here. UC Berkeley beat some sense into me. Silicon Valley amply rewarded me and probably will reward me further. I really think I've got this whole California thing figured out, thank you.

If you don't listen to talk radio, how are you going to know that the illegals are taking your job and killing your family?  

I think you are probably blinding yourself with objective, experienced reality. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc but you're like f'ng herpes. When was the last time you listened to KFI? If it's been a while....you wanna turn it on and get an honest assessment of just how fuked California truly is.

Or just play ostrich and continue to believe that this once great  state is Unicorny Nirvahna.....your call.....

In other words, you listen to news that tells you how fucked up California is, but you don't think it's right-wing bullshit even though it had Rush on, although you did not listen to Rush.... and everybody -else- is stupid?

- DSK

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Can you tell the rest of the class here when the last time/day that Rush was on KFI 640?..... 

Yeah, Boothy, that argument is really strongly.

George Noory is on every day. And he makes fukkity fuk sense. UFOs and shit. 

KFI's tiny news bites in-between entertainment segments are accurate enough, and they do traffic and weather so they got that going for them. (IIRC that's 1 min out of every 15) Everything else is inflammatory opinion entertainment. Not as bad as RushL was, but it's opinion that's pretty R slanted. It's AM talk radio. There is no lefty AM talk radio - it doesn't exist. 

Pardon the interruption but Rick being stuck in the cockpit ... My son ... Maybe 7 is ... I dunno, chasing butterflies, trips, falls breaks his femur. He was at school, they call. We ride to surgery ...traction for a couple of weeks. Me too, living right there. He gets home with kind of a half body cast sans rear end but with a bar cast between his legs. That's how we moved him around. Never cried. Tough little dude. Musician now and a fairly serious asshole. And that's an improvement.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Looking more and more "presidential" all the time. 

The look on the children's faces listening to her scripted text is priceless.

The look of astonishment and curiosity on their faces. 

She makes me proud to be a Democrat. :D

On 8/31/2021 at 8:09 PM, Blue Crab said:

My son ... Maybe 7 is ... I dunno, chasing butterflies, trips, falls breaks his femur. He was at school, they call. We ride to surgery ...traction for a couple of weeks. Me too, living right there. He gets home with kind of a half body cast sans rear end but with a bar cast between his legs. That's how we moved him around.

My brother got that same contraption after a bike accident.

My dad would carry him downstairs for meals, then back up. I helped. I had a GI Joe with a string you could pull to get it to say things. I'd have it say, "MEDIC! GET THAT STRETCHER OVER HERE!"

My dad never strangled me like Homer Simpson does but it must have crossed his mind.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, Blue Crab said:

Other than current Vice President Harris being:

ambitious,

blackish,

married to a white guy,

female,

a lawyer,

snippish and smart as all get-out,

educated parents [Berkeley!],

from humble upbringings with

a resumé few can match, 

hated by police unions [which sure looks different now, eh?]

just exactly what's so awful about her?

Has she changed along the line? Well, she is a politician and it comes with the territory apparently. She was sharp enough to get out of the Pres race when she read the bank statements rather than continue a quixotic dream for ego's sake like lesser folk do. 

I find it interesting that she's been so apparently quiet as a VP, and suspect she'd be doing things a LOT differently if in charge. Like many a VP in the past, she appears to me to being a good soldier knowing her place in history and the American order of things. She wasn't my pick but I am just fine with her being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. She has what Joe doesn't: intellect and energy.

If/when she ascends, her hands will not tied by Joe's 50 years of favor trading and all the rest of the baggage he's dragging around. She'll be new, free, and ready, willing and able to kick ass. Putin and Xi and other despots beware ... she'll be polite but not nice. If she can manage past 2024 she'll be positioned to get us back into our world leadership role AND maybe care about regular folk in the way Repubs cannot fathom. Can U say Med4all? 

Any of you GOPers have anything other than she's a "nasty" black female? Can any of you match her life experience so far? Speak up or shut up.

118C56DD-EE04-4848-9E82-5E392C522C55.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Funny how we always talk about the women fucking their way to the top, overlooking all the actual cock-sucking-up men do in the corporate world.  

Harris is transactional …she will do or say anything to get ahead 

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

Women who use their body/sexuality to get ahead = Bad

Men that reward a woman using their body/sexuality = good

Is that correct?

Zackly

It's the same as this:

1- businesses that hire undocumented immigrants in order to avoid paying Americans decent wages, that's GOOD... it's merely capitalism doing the capitalist thing.

2- those undocumented immigrants are CRIMINALS who must be brutally punished and terrorized by a special agency of federalized law enforcement.

See how it works? It's easy and fun, even Sluggo and JZK can play the game!

- DSK

• Like 1
6 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Harris is transactional …she will do or say anything to get ahead 

We get it.

She's the one politician who could make you vote for Trump.

• Like 1