Tinfoil Hat

• 1 month later...

Another tin foil hat member:

Editor:

A recent letter asked this, as Denmark has cleared the virus and opened up clubs, etc. The answer is that we will have a Covid crisis as long as the Democrats are in power. The border patrol reports that we have admitted 600,000 illegal immigrants into the U.S. with almost no testing or vaccinations. Ted Cruz estimated that it's twice that because of the “gotaways.” They have been flown and bused all over the country, some to Florida. A few limited tests done showed 16%, 18% and 22% tested positive, according to Fox News.

Reportedly, the virus spread throughout the U.S. because of a few flights from Wuhan, which were quickly stopped, and more from Italy which continued longer. Its obvious that there were far fewer than 1.2 million on those flights, so the illegals constitute a super-spreader event perhaps 10 times the size of the one that started the virus here in the first place. It's growing daily and they’ll do nothing to stop it. They keep lying and saying the border is closed when we can see videos daily of immigrants streaming across by the thousands. All lockdowns, masking, etc. will not stop the virus against this influx.

Meanwhile, U.S. citizens have to present a negative Covid test to fly home from another country. I see about four more years of horrendous problems ahead of us. That’s my opinion. I’d love to be wrong, so if you can factually refute it, have at it.

Get vaccinated! Don’t let them kill you!

Tom R.

Placida

Fact check: Are migrants causing the spike in COVID cases?

There’s no evidence to support the theory that immigrants are the primary cause of increasing COVID cases. National trends show spikes in communities far from the border, and North Carolina data shows that most cases are among non-hispanics.

We rate their claims False.

USA Today Fact check: Coronavirus variants didn't come from migrants at border

Migrants face COVID-19 restrictions

Even if the coronavirus variants had started circulating in Central America before the U.S., it's unlikely migrants would have played a significant role in spreading them, experts say.

That's because traffic at the U.S. borders has been curtailed amid the pandemic. The U.S. has limited non-essential travel from Canada and Mexico since March 2020. That same month, the Trump administration also invoked Title 42, a federal public health law.

The policy, issued by the CDC, allows U.S. Customs and Border Protection to expel migrants on the grounds that their entry to the U.S. could worsen the coronavirus pandemic. Except for children and some families, migrants who arrive at the border without permission face apprehension and removal proceedings or immediate expulsion.

The Biden administration was expected to exempt all migrant families from that policy in late July. But so far, it hasn't. 

The administration reportedly backed off the plan due to concerns about rising COVID-19 infections and another influx of migrants seeking asylum, according to reports from the Wall Street Journal and other news outlets. On July 21, the Biden administration extended the closure of the U.S.-Mexico border until Aug. 21, citing concerns about the coronavirus.

Since January, when the first coronavirus variants started circulating in the U.S., Border Patrol has reported more than 625,000 Title 42 expulsions along the southwest border. Over the same time period, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement reported thousands of COVID-19 cases among detained migrants.

There's no definitive percentage of migrants who have tested positive, but independent fact-checking organizations have debunked the notion that they are a significant source of infections in the U.S.

USA TODAY asked state and local health departments in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California to comment on the claim in the Facebook post. Officials who responded said they had no data to indicate migrants were a significant source of local COVID-19 variant infections.

For example, in Hidalgo County, Texas – home of the largest migrant processing facility in the country – no migrants have tested positive for a coronavirus variant.

"There have been (34) confirmed cases of COVID-19 variants in Hidalgo County – not a single one involves a migrant," Carlos Sanchez, the county's head of public affairs, said in an email.

Our rating: False

Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that the coronavirus variants circulating in the U.S. came from migrants at the U.S-Mexico border. Data shows the variants started circulating in the U.S. before many Central American countries and first came to the U.S. from other places. Public health experts, as well as state and local officials, say there's no evidence migrants at the border are a significant source of coronavirus variant infections.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, boomer said:

Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that the coronavirus variants circulating in the U.S. came from migrants at the U.S-Mexico border. Data shows the variants started circulating in the U.S. before many Central American countries and first came to the U.S. from other places. Public health experts, as well as state and local officials, say there's no evidence migrants at the border are a significant source of coronavirus variant infections.

That's nice, but a federal appeals court rated it true enough.

Federal appeals court preserves administration’s ability to use Title 42 to expel migrant families

A federal court has moved to preserve the Biden administration’s ability to use a Trump-era public health order to expel migrant families arriving at the southern border.

The action by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C Circuit comes after a federal judge issued a time-delayed order to block the administration’s use of the Title 42 policy for removing migrant families earlier this month.

6 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Federal appeals court preserves administration’s ability to use Title 42 to expel migrant families

Yes Tom but your courts have also ruled that a 230 year amendment to your constitution is still somehow relevant today. However you gun nuts need to get your shit together. The 2A clearly states that an angry armed mob are supposed to be 'well regulated', but when your mates stormed the Capital Building, it was a shit fight.

You need to be true to the founding fathers intentions Tommy gun.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The 2A clearly states that an angry armed mob are supposed to be 'well regulated', but when your mates stormed the Capital Building, it was a shit fight...

...organised by imbeciles.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
On 10/14/2021 at 5:27 AM, Excoded Tom said:

Do you understand that the ruling has been politicized and has no regard for truth.

If you don't understand that, then it's probably to complex for you to grasp.

8 hours ago, Ncik said:
17 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The 2A clearly states that an angry armed mob are supposed to be 'well regulated', but when your mates stormed the Capital Building, it was a shit fight...

But imbeciles can still be "well-regulated," right?

Right??

- DSK

• Like 1
Just now, Steam Flyer said:
8 hours ago, Ncik said:
17 hours ago, LB 15 said:

But imbeciles can still be "well-regulated," right?

Right??

- DSK

Interesting. Is it guns or corona killing the most Americans at the moment?

26 minutes ago, 00seven said:

It appears to be Heart disease with 659,041 deaths followed by Cancer with 599,601 deaths.

CDC - Leading causes of death (other then COVID)

However last year was the most deadly for gun deaths. "In 2020, gun violence killed nearly 20,000 Americans, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive, more than any other year in at least two decades. An additional 24,000 people died by suicide with a gun."

2020 was the deadliest gun violence year in decades

I will add that COVID was the third leading cause of death in the USA last year.

Covid was the third leading cause of death among Americans in 2020, behind heart disease and cancer, CDC says

30 minutes ago, boomer said:

It appears to be Heart disease with 659,041 deaths followed by Cancer with 599,601 deaths.

CDC - Leading causes of death (other then COVID)

However last year was the most deadly for gun deaths. "In 2020, gun violence killed nearly 20,000 Americans, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive, more than any other year in at least two decades. An additional 24,000 people died by suicide with a gun."

2020 was the deadliest gun violence year in decades

I will add that COVID was the third leading cause of death in the USA last year.

Covid was the third leading cause of death among Americans in 2020, behind heart disease and cancer, CDC says

Did anyone die of heart disease during the pandemic 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Yes, many.

A good friend of mine, elderly with heart trouble, had a procedure scheduled for last summer and his doctor(s) put it off due to hospital being full of covid. That wave died down, his procedure was rescheduled, then put off again. Then rescheduled for a different hospital because his condition was worsening. Rinse and repeat.

He died early this spring. RIP Larry, one of the good ones, gone to his well earned rest.

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yes, many.

A good friend of mine, elderly with heart trouble, had a procedure scheduled for last summer and his doctor(s) put it off due to hospital being full of covid. That wave died down, his procedure was rescheduled, then put off again. Then rescheduled for a different hospital because his condition was worsening. Rinse and repeat.

He died early this spring. RIP Larry, one of the good ones, gone to his well earned rest.

- DSK

Sorry to hear it. Had a bit of a cardio emergency myself a year ago. Ended up in the colon cancer ward (Would you like some Miralax with that? was the constant question). It was the only place they had space. Fortunately didn't need the ICU. Took 3 days to get the MRI however, which finally localized the issue and helped develop the recovery plan.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, 00seven said:

I am not sure but I am getting Vaccinated against gunshot wounds before I go there again.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, slug zitski said:

If I need medical advise from a boat cleaner you will be among the first 10000 I call.

• Downvote 1

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid19-and-other-leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us/

Guns data hard to get recent but see  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

IN 2018, last year for data available in 2021, comes out to under 110 a day, of which 70 ish a day were suicide...it's a cross year comparison but thats maybe over half daily suicides. I dunno how people mostly kill themselves in Australasia or UK or Sweden or whatever.

So that's maybe 40 ish a day shot dead in 2018. Kidney failure gonna get you first...

20211015_184733.jpg

Like those from gunshots, most covid deaths in the US should have been preventable, but sadly you had the gun nut party in government when it kicked off. 

Coincidence? I think not...

• Downvote 1

Friend died 10 miles in the woods on a quad from a massive heart attack. Listed as a Covid death. :mellow:

He had a history of heart disease.

9 hours ago, slug zitski said:

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Like those from gunshots, most covid deaths in the US should have been preventable, but sadly you had the gun nut party in government when it kicked off. 

Coincidence? I think not...

Not so sure. We have had a lot of gun deaths in Democrat as well as Republican presidencies. That pesky 2nd Amendment makes it hard to do much that's effective in terms of limiting the guns. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/ft_19-08-14_gundeaths_2/

Screenshot_20211015-193322_Chrome.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, boomer said:
On 10/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, Excoded Tom said:

Do you understand that the ruling has been politicized and has no regard for truth.

If you don't understand that, then it's probably to complex for you to grasp.

The second part of your response seems to assume that my answer to the first is no.

In fact, I've posted about it several times in PA. For some examples, start here.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, LB 15 said:

Yes Tom but your courts have also ruled that a 230 year amendment to your constitution is still somehow relevant today. However you gun nuts need to get your shit together. The 2A clearly states that an angry armed mob are supposed to be 'well regulated', but when your mates stormed the Capital Building, it was a shit fight.

You need to be true to the founding fathers intentions Tommy gun.

If you look at 1/6 as CosPlay, as Republicans seem to believe, it was a thing of beauty- discrete individual & group acts of home grown patriotic theatre, each in their own self actualized action arenas. That each group or individual was close to another gave, to the untrained eye, the appearance of a riot, but each group was internally, highly choreographed, on a crowded, cramped stage.  

;)

• Like 2
On 10/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, Sail4beer said:

Friend died 10 miles in the woods on a quad from a massive heart attack. Listed as a Covid death. :mellow:

He had a history of heart disease.

Yah 

i suspect that half the Covid deaths are bogus 

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

??

You think the people are still alive?

- DSK

you have to remember your dealing with conspiracy theorists

so

you have to phrase it differently

it's not that half it's the other half that are still alive

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

??

You think the people are still alive?

- DSK

Well why not? There are a lot of brain-dead people posting here. Sluggo is a good example.

And let's not forget the long & time-honoured knowledge that dead people can vote.

FKT

• Downvote 1
27 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

you have to remember your dealing with conspiracy theorists

so

you have to phrase it differently

it's not that half it's the other half that are still alive

It’s is happening in every State 

25BD3786-7E4B-4735-B7FD-73A96287F36B.png

from the article

According to the Health Department, the 25% decrease was made to comply with the state's definition of a COVID-19 death, which requires COVID-19 to be a direct or contributing factor or a situation in which it can't be ruled out.

In a press release, Neetu Balram with the Alameda County Health Department wrote, "Alameda County previously included any person who died while infected with the virus in the total COVID-19 deaths for the county."

As an example, Balram explained "a resident who had COVID-19 but died due to another cause, like a car accident, this person would be included in the total number of reported COVID-19 deaths for Alameda County."

UCSF Epidemiologist Dr. George Rutherford has been closely studying data from around the country. He said he's unsure why Alameda counted so many incidents in that way for so long, but points out the county was forced to design their own reporting criteria before the state created a unified system.

"I'm betting it's very specific to Alameda County, which had a lot of cases early on and had to do a lot of on-the-fly definitions and systems and now they are being brought into alignment," said Rutherford.

one county in one state does not make it every state

its your sort of meme type disinformation that makes people think that ...

a/ you speak truthfully

b/  your all wack jobs

On 10/21/2021 at 12:48 AM, Amati said:

If you look at 1/6 as CosPlay, as Republicans seem to believe, it was a thing of beauty- discrete individual & group acts of home grown patriotic theatre, each in their own self actualized action arenas. That each group or individual was close to another gave, to the untrained eye, the appearance of a riot, but each group was internally, highly choreographed, on a crowded, cramped stage.  

;)

I think you just won the sarc of the year award. :D

On 10/21/2021 at 7:08 AM, slug zitski said:

Yah 

i suspect that half the Covid deaths are bogus 

Yeah and the Idaho ICUs were so full of quad accident patients that they had to ship them out of state.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, LB 15 said:

I am not sure but I am getting Vaccinated against gunshot wounds before I go there again.

Just wait a sec.  All the scary people will be dead from the scary ronas and scary guns shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

The only firearms present at the capitol building on Jan ,6 we're possessed by law enforcement.

And the only gun related death was inflicted by law enforcement upon an unarmed female .

The only pity is that the law enforcement didn't take out a few more of you stupid cunts. Go suck Tommy gun's minute man dick.

• Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

The only firearms present at the capitol building on Jan ,6 we're possessed by law enforcement.

And the only gun related death was inflicted by law enforcement upon an unarmed female .

You are a fucking idiot.

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

When you make statements like that, it Reveals your value, albeit in the negative.

I Sense the truth is a bitter taste in your mouth, chew harder.

When you make statements like, 'The only firearms present at the capitol building on Jan ,6 we're possessed by law enforcement.' it shows that you are an ignorant piece of shit.

• Downvote 1
On 11/19/2021 at 12:48 PM, Joethecobbler said:

I understand, reality pains  your  sensibilities and threatens your illusion.

And your vitriol exposes your weakness.

Obviously something has you threatened sending you on your little down vote frenzy cupcake. 

44 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Pure poison and bitterness. Evil intent, and poorly played.

I do hope you get permanently kicked off this site. You have nothing to do with Anarchy, you just like to see things burn.

I'll leave that ban to the admins, but I'll put you mangy old scrote on ignore, just in case you'll ever post anything ever again.

Oh, and fuck off, newbie! (On second thought: that is only for legit newbies, but not you. So just get lost.)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

Just returning the favor

Apparently how the game is played here.

I don't think I have ever given a downvote to anyone except that wanker Jack Sparrow (before he was banned for life of course) because reputation points were his life...Oh now I see what this is about.

Hi Jack :) 

1 minute ago, Joethecobbler said:

Perhaps you can enlighten us from your personal experience.

Hook. line and sinker. The old, 'No you are' comeback. You just failed the ink blot test cupcake.

22 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Unfortunately, I'll have to decline.

Admin is threatening censure/ removal.

Apparently , somebodies whittle feewings got a boo boo....

Wasn't me Sweetpea. I love having arse clowns like you to troll.

23 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Wasn't me Sweetpea. I love having arse clowns like you to troll.

Nor me. I take downvotes from fuckwits like him as something to be desired. If I hadn't put him on ignore I'd have continued to cheerfully downvote every one of his posts seeing as he cared.

And now he's gone? Oh well, no loss there.

FKT