Game On - someone setting off bombs

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ap-afghanistan-warns-attack-kabul-airport_n_612771f5e4b0f562f3dae8af

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — An explosion went off Thursday outside Kabul’s airport, where thousands of people have flocked as they try to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. Western nations had warned of a possible attack there in the waning days of a massive airlift.

The Pentagon confirmed the blast, with no immediate word on casualties. Suspicion for any attack targeting the crowds would likely fall on the Islamic State group and not the Taliban, who have been deployed at the airport’s gates trying to control the mass of people.

13 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Hopefully there is not some asshole out there with a SAM.

Good luck on that.  The Taliban has more SAM's than the Canadian army.

• Like 1

The games been on for 20 years.. unfortunately it looks like the bad guys are winning.

fucking sad.

53 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Good luck on that.  The Taliban has more SAM's than the Canadian army.

So, the Taliban have at least one then?

26 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Since Biden's gonna be gone by the end of the year, y'all better pray-2-gawd that Kammy can get a crash course in foreign affairs, stat. 

Aw, I'm not worried. She's smart, and 56 or so years old. A political animal from the jump, she's paid more attention to stuff than you and I have.  Plus I'm not sure about Obama but no recent president could identify Afghanishitole without an aide whispering in their ear. Except maybe one guy ... Trump, who "...  was the best fuking thing to happen to American politics since the Gals got the right to vote. And y'all f'ng know it..."

:lol: That rat there is yer legacy remark here in PA, Rico. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Keith said:

The games been on for 20 years.. unfortunately it looks like the bad guys are winning.

fucking sad.

The bad guys have always won in that place - there are hundreds of years of proof of that terrible fact.

That's why it's long past time to leave it alone.

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Trump, who "...  was the best fuking thing to happen to American politics since the Gals got the right to vote. And y'all f'ng know it..."

:lol: That rat there is yer legacy remark here in PA, Rico. 

No, no, no - for that to be his legacy he's have had to actually vote for and support TFG.

Which he never did - just ask him.

57 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Since Biden's gonna be gone by the end of the year,

???  Do you know something I don't know??  Is That when TFG is going to ascend back to the throne.

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

600,000 people dead because a guy didn't want to upset the stock market. 

Sounds like Rumsfeld talking about Tora Bora.

Rumsfeld said at the time that he was concerned that too many U.S. troops
in Afghanistan would create an anti-American backlash and fuel a widespread 
insurgency
Just now, Burning Man said:

???  Do you know something I don't know??  Is That when TFG is going to ascend back to the throne.

The Evilangelicals will call this prelude to the Big One "The Rupture".

Just now, El Mariachi said:

Then maybe we should change our country's structure a bit and have each state elect a governor or something, who could advise their constituents what to do in an emergency. You know, act like a leader, instead of just one guy with orange hair?......

(Jeezis key-rhyst).....:angry:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-governor-reveals-12000-more-covid-19-deaths-than-previously-counted-2021-08-25/

Why do we let politicians make medical decisions in the first place?

• Like 1
Just now, SloopJonB said:

No, no, no - for that to be his legacy he's have had to actually vote for and support TFG.

Which he never did - just ask him.

Bet Rick flies a Trump banner from his casita. I wish he could back up any of his proud assertions, but I''ve asked him and he cannot. I just checked his tax returns, and he's never made close to $174K a year that a 29 y old spic bitch in NYC makes. Kamala makes $235K currently for just giggling. And she's black!!!!

5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Then maybe we should change our country's structure a bit and have each state elect a governor or something, who could advise their constituents what to do in an emergency. You know, act like a leader, instead of just one guy with orange hair?......

(Jeezis key-rhyst).....:angry:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-governor-reveals-12000-more-covid-19-deaths-than-previously-counted-2021-08-25/

Sorry, whataboutism. Plenty of guilt to go around but what we needed was honestly. 

17 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You're a fuking liar....and a dumb one as well. Seriously, you should really stop making shit up.....you fuking rapist....

Sounds like you’re about ready to leave again:lol:

• Like 1

Just saw some cell phone video.  Looks like 20-30 killed or injured in a drainage ditch?  

Glad we have a strong leader in Biden who despite enormous pressure to stay past the 31st said “NOPE!”

• Like 2

Joe Biden said that if the Taliban attack US personnel, the US will respond with 'devastating force' if necessary. He also said that the response would be swift and decisive.

Swift and decisive?????  As he scurries back to his basement. 

3 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Joe Biden said that if the Taliban attack US personnel, the US will respond with 'devastating force' if necessary. He also said that the response would be swift and decisive.

Big talk, but the military hasn’t been decisive for the last 20 years.   Actually long before that.   Why would we expect them to become decisive in the middle of a retreat?   Hopefully they do have some sort of planned response and the ability to carry it out.   

6 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Wasn’t the Taliban

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

Big talk, but the military hasn’t been decisive for the last 20 years.   Actually long before that.   Why would we expect them to become decisive in the middle of a retreat?   Hopefully they do have some sort of planned response and the ability to carry it out.   

The odds that this is the Taliban is about 0.5% and the odds it is some random group that would LOVE for the USA and Taliban to be fighting again is 99.5%, so decisively bombing the Taliban is almost certainly the desired outcome of this.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

The odds that this is the Taliban is about 0.5% and the odds it is some random group that would LOVE for the USA and Taliban to be fighting again is 99.5%, so decisively bombing the Taliban is almost certainly the desired outcome of this.

Fair enough.   Another reason to get out,    Too many players trying to play us. 

2 hours ago, Tax Man said:

The Taliban has more SAM's than the Canadian army.

Please. That's a very low bar. They have more SAMs than the Belgium army.

Congratulations President Biden your stupid political deadline and Terribly flawed plan to exit has  killed more American service men in Afghanistan in 8 months than died under the 4 years, of the former guy. 

I fully support pulling out of the country, but you never, ever concede the high ground and in this case that was Bagram Airbase.   

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Congratulations President Biden your stupid political deadline and Terribly flawed plan to exit has  killed more American service men in Afghanistan in 8 months than died under the 4 years, of the former guy. 

I fully support pulling out of the country, but you never, ever concede the high ground and in this case that was Bagram Airbase.   

Yeah - wtf was up with leaving that first???

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Gee, what a great idea. It would be a lot easier to make the final pull out from Bagram! And shorter too, because Bagram is in the middle of nowhere and inaccessible to the people we're evacuating.

Oh and welcome back... nice to see you're still a Democrat-hating pinhead even after all these years.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Gee, what a great idea. It would be a lot easier to make the final pull out from Bagram! And shorter too, because Bagram is in the middle of nowhere and inaccessible to the people we're evacuating.

Oh and welcome back... nice to see you're still a Democrat-hating pinhead even after all these years.

- DSK

That aside, Bagram would be nice to have for a bit more. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Sorry nothing to do with politics.  I’d say the exact same thing if Trump gave up one of the most secure Airbases in the world as part of the “plan”.  Keep them both so we could have continued air support of both our troops and the Afghan army.  They collapsed after we pulled the air support.  

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Sorry nothing to do with politics.  I’d say the exact same thing if Trump gave up one of the most secure Airbases in the world as part of the “plan”.  Keep them both so we could have continued air support of both our troops and the Afghan army.  They collapsed after we pulled the air support.  

Well, it's pretty much Trump's plan, and IMHO the Afghan "national" army collapsed because their gov't wasn't worth fighting for.... didn't represent them or provide leadership or even pay them. The ones that fought were trying to protect their own villages and families.

Biden did the right thing. We should have pulled out of Afghanistan years ago. However this operation has been badly bungled and Biden -should- go thru the Pentagon kicking ass and making heads roll. That is a failure of leadership on his part.

- DSK

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

if Trump gave up one of the most secure Airbases in the world as part of the “plan”.

That was his plan.  Had he been re-elected we would still be there because he was too chickenshit to actually follow through.  I keep reading "blood on Biden's hands" BS everywhere.  EVERY US president has blood on their hands.  Close to 40 service members died in Afghanistan under Trump's watch. 

Biden is the only POTUS telling us the truth about withdrawl, it's going to be ugly.  If anyone says any different they are lying to you.  

3 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Too late now, the intention of this bomb is to get the USA sucked back into the war. We don't need to fall for it.

I agree barn door open….   Just hope it Doesn’t get worse, hard to defend a civilian airport near a major city, held by the enemy.  I hope and pray they don’t take out a  jet leaving, closing the airport.  It could make the Iran hostage crisis look a minor foot note 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Too late now, the intention of this bomb is to get the USA sucked back into the war. We don't need to fall for it.

Agree about Bagram.

I think it best we keep our powder dry WRT the Karzai Airport bombing.

28 minutes ago, The Joker said:

8 months than died under the 4 years, of the former guy. 

WRONG you stupid fuck.  Simply wrong.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/instagram-post-wrong-on-u-s-casualties-in-afghanistan/

"In fact, 11 U.S. service members were killed in Afghanistan last year, including four in combat, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. Twenty-three service members were killed in Afghanistan in 2019, including 17 in combat."

Go back to your fucking hole.

5 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/instagram-post-wrong-on-u-s-casualties-in-afghanistan/

"In fact, 11 U.S. service members were killed in Afghanistan last year, including four in combat, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. Twenty-three service members were killed in Afghanistan in 2019, including 17 in combat."

You are correct I really shouldn’t have compared the numbers. Just frustrated on anyone dying over there while we are trying to get the fuck out.    The plan was flawed.  If it was part of Trump’s plan then  Biden’s people should have said we need to correct the glaring fucking issue of giving up Bagram. 

8 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:
34 minutes ago, The Joker said:

8 months than died under the 4 years, of the former guy. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

You are correct I really shouldn’t have compared the numbers. Just frustrated on anyone dying over there while we are trying to get the fuck out.    The plan was flawed.  If it was part of Trump’s plan then  Biden’s people should have said we need to correct the glaring fucking issue of giving up Bagram. 

What's your thinking here? Do you think whoever did this wouldn't have dared if we still held an airport 40 klicks away? Or are you thinking it would have been easier for our people to evac by traveling those 40 klicks to Bagram? 

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

No, that's just a perfect response showcasing exactly what you and you 9 other boyfriends do here....Every. F'ng. Day.

Make shit up and sling it against your computer screen. You're a fuking liar and a frickin geek and a complete waste of DNA.....and you should be fuking ashamed of yourself. Where in the hell was your Dad when you were growing up any ways?......

You seem upset.  Is upsetting people still a good thing?

"I wear that proudly. Anything that drove the crazy-ass Leftistas out of their frickin minds for 5-plus years"

7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

What's your thinking here? Do you think whoever did this wouldn't have dared if we still held an airport 40 klicks away? Or are you thinking it would have been easier for our people to evac by traveling those 40 klicks to Bagram? 

This might be a good time to remind y'all that Joker's military experience is limited to movies and that any valor he may be attempting to emulate with his avatar is stolen.

</hijack>

10 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

No, that's just a perfect response showcasing exactly what you and your 9 other boyfriends do here....Every. F'ng. Day.

Make shit up and sling it against your computer screen. You're a fuking liar and a frickin geek and a complete waste of DNA.....and you should be fuking ashamed of yourself. Where in the hell was your Dad when you were growing up any ways?......

So, we rape each other?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  

18 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I think there was a better chance of supporting the evacuation with full support from our air assets.   And having an alternative evacuation point is never a bad thing.   Bring in a lot more troops secure both places long before the Taliban take The city. 

Again I fully support getting out and I understand the risks and stress  our people are under, but we have the ability to make it hell on earth and we gave that up.   I blame the generals way more than the president.   Unless he ordered them not to bring in enough troops to do the job.  Reminds me of bombing from 10,000’  during Kosovo.  So afraid of losses that they played it safe despite what the military experts wanted. 

54 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Yeah - wtf was up with leaving that first???

My absolute WAG is that Biden delegated that to the Pentagon and they sand bagged him purposely.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Man I thought we had got rid you, you loathsome POS.  Care to revisit your “US ranked #1 for pandemic” thread?

3 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

I see someone woke up Comrade Yolker from the peanut gallery.

A couple of old/new guys. They're from the Upwinged Fly hatches from Ephemeroptera larvae in Aug-September.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

Gawd but you are seriously the dumbest and most ignorant  unhetero male in Sailing Anarchy. Congrats on your 'win'.....:lol:

Is it your small dick or tiny brain that make you so homophobic?

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

A couple of old/new guys. They're from the Upwinged Fly hatches from Ephemeroptera larvae in Aug-September.

No problem have fun with your circle jerk.   I guess watching the clusterfuck in Afghanistan triggered a reaction on my part.  Carry on 

19 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think there was a better chance of supporting the evacuation with full support from our air assets.   And having an alternative evacuation point is never a bad thing.   Bring in a lot more troops secure both places long before the Taliban take The city. 

Again I fully support getting out and I understand the risks and stress  our people are under, but we have the ability to make it hell on earth and we gave that up.   I blame the generals way more than the president.   Unless he ordered them not to bring in enough troops to do the job.  Reminds me of bombing from 10,000’  during Kosovo.  So afraid of losses that they played it safe despite what the military experts wanted. 

As Mike says, "everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" 

Kabul falling without a shot fired several weeks before everybody thought it would was that punch in the mouth. It appears it even surprised the Taliban. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This has been said millions of times over the last ----- years....but being the President of the United States? Has got to be the toughest f'ng job on the planet. Seriously......

And ever moreso with roadside IEDs planted by the chickenshit former guy and cronies.

The hits keep coming, what a cluster fuck. Biden troop deaths up 14 fold in one day compared to Trump's in the last 18 months...  

Biden may be using Trumps plan but clearly doesn't have Trump's clout. Trump shoved a missile up that Iranian general's ass for bombing our troops. The Taliban knew if they fucked with us there would be repercussions. They clearly don't fear Biden... 

Fear is all these pricks understand...  

9 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

The hits keep coming, what a cluster fuck. Biden troop deaths up 14 fold in one day compared to Trump's in the last 18 months...  

Biden may be using Trumps plan but clearly doesn't have Trump's clout. Trump shoved a missile up that Iranian general's ass for bombing our troops. The Taliban knew if they fucked with us there would be repercussions. They clearly don't fear Biden... 

“trumps clout” LOL.

Take your bullshit somewhere else.  We’re full up.

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

No, that's just a perfect response showcasing exactly what you and your 9 other boyfriends do here....Every. F'ng. Day.

That's rich from you, given the shit you've spewed about me.

One thing I've noticed here - people tend to expect the same behavior from others that they exhibit.

26 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

People who blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings don't come off to me as understanding fear.

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

People who blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings don't come off to me as understanding fear.

Just like MB doesn't understand smart.

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

Kabul falling without a shot fired several weeks before everybody thought it would was that punch in the mouth. It appears it even surprised the Taliban. 

This....  The intel was fucked somehow.  

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

My absolute WAG is that Biden delegated that to the Pentagon and they sand bagged him purposely.

IMHO this could be a thing...  Did the orange one own the pentagon??  I don't recall anything going that far...  Thought those were the cool heads in the room which makes the intel being so fucked a mystery...  

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, benwynn said:

60 dead Afghans.  

Any word if any of them were Taliban?

If no Talib checkpoint guards got caught in a checkpoint blast, they were in on it.   

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Joker said:

And special thanks to the former Guy, you know the great dealmaker, who made a great deal with the Taliban and released prisoners.

How could they bring in loads of extra troops to secure bag ram?

part of the withdrawal deal signed last year was to reduce troop numbers to 2500, and if that wasn’t done the taliban wouldn’t respect the ceasefire against us troops?

damned if you do.... damned if you don’t...

8 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

And special thanks to the former Guy, you know the great dealmaker, who made a great deal with the Taliban and released prisoners.

5000 of them. Almost had the leadership over to Camp David for Big Macs and Diet Coke.  Such clout.

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Sounds like Rumsfeld talking about Tora Bora.

Rumsfeld said at the time that he was concerned that too many U.S. troops
in Afghanistan would create an anti-American backlash and fuel a widespread 
insurgency

yep

2 minutes ago, Robc said:

How could they bring in loads of extra troops to secure bag ram?

part of the withdrawal deal signed last year was to reduce troop numbers to 2500, and if that wasn’t done the taliban wouldn’t respect the ceasefire against us troops?

damned if you do.... damned if you don’t...

Land them on the airfield, I suppose.    

You mean like Trumps May 2021 political deadline was better?

So, if the Taliban want to appear like they are in control, are they going to start a counter-terrorism offensive? Are they going to need to learn the principles of defending the people?

The irony could get thick pretty quickly over there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Hahahahahahaha...

Hahahahahahaha...

Reminds me of bombing from 10,000’  during Kosovo.  So afraid of losses that they played it safe despite what the military experts wanted. 

What "military experts" warned against bombing from 10K ft???  I'd love to see a cite of that.  10K is LOW altitude for most ALL of our modern fighters and bombers.  We have like 5ft accuracy from 30,000 ft.  

The La-Z-Boy Warrior Division Rapid Verbal Response Team will lock that place down tighter than a mouse’s ear quicker than you can say “when is Fox gonna get us those damn talking points?”

Get ready to deploy, boys!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Why do you think that?  My sense is that the military wanted out of that shithole more than Biden did.  Why would they purposefully sandbag it?

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump who?

He's the guy who's tiny mushroom you still have your lips around.  

• Like 4
6 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ap-afghanistan-warns-attack-kabul-airport_n_612771f5e4b0f562f3dae8af

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — An explosion went off Thursday outside Kabul’s airport, where thousands of people have flocked as they try to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. Western nations had warned of a possible attack there in the waning days of a massive airlift.

The Pentagon confirmed the blast, with no immediate word on casualties. Suspicion for any attack targeting the crowds would likely fall on the Islamic State group and not the Taliban, who have been deployed at the airport’s gates trying to control the mass of people.

Game off. If fuckin' Afghanis want to set off fuckin' bobs in afuckinghanistan, then fine. That's not our problem, nor is it our business. If Americans (Citizens of the USA) are stupid enough to be there, then they deserve what comes around. If they're military, their commanders should shoulder the blame.

Not my circus, not my clowns (To quote someone about something entirely different.)

1 minute ago, Swimsailor said:

I love that people who think horse medicine can cure Covid and glossed over police being killed at the Capitol think they know how to exit Afghanistan.  

DING!

22 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why do you think that?  My sense is that the military wanted out of that shithole more than Biden did.  Why would they purposefully sandbag it?

My gut sez the military has turned a corner. I'm surrounded by active duty and older marines. They are 100% locked and loaded against Biden and everything L of Toad Sucker Carlson.

Same with MANY retired cops down from NY and NJ. I know a dozen. And I mean with the flags and the boats for TFG. Tribal behavior plain and simple. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

My gut sez the military has turned a corner. I'm surrounded by active duty and older marines. They are 100% locked and loaded against Biden and everything L of Toad Sucker Carlson.

Same with MANY retired cops down from NY and NJ. I know a dozen. And I mean with the flags and the boats for TFG. Tribal behavior plain and simple. 

It is a weird calculus. I'm reminded of the French Foreign Legion putsch in Algiers.

58 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

So, if the Taliban want to appear like they are in control, are they going to start a counter-terrorism offensive? Are they going to need to learn the principles of defending the people?

The irony could get thick pretty quickly over there.

ISIS is the enemy of the Taliban, so they ARE going to be in the business of counter-terrorism (as in any terrorists but us) :rolleyes: