Texas Abortion ban comes into effect.

10 hours ago, dfw_sailor said:

Probably has something to do with how Texas is ranked down around 50 for most health and economic metrics related to childbirth mortality / poverty etc.

#1 in big hats!

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you want a compromise? ok.... lets do this.... if you have a vagina, you get to decide both what goes into it, and what comes out of it. if you dont have one, you dont. full stop.

After giving this a bit more thought, this is yet another confirmation of why I think many people identify with Trump. He's an asshole. I think there is a bit of an asshole component in all

the funniest part of this attack on women's rights is the fact that these Texan cunts are screaming, 'my body, my choice' at anti vax anti mask rallies.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

The idea that a disinterested 3rd party with no standing or interest in the abortion in question can sue and get money is mind boggling.

That may be the undoing of this. 

And I thought that getting rid of Trump would fix this insanity.

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I think a lot of these men view pregnant women as chattel property.

"If Manly-me gets her pregnant, she has to have mah baby!"

They find the idea of empowered women in control of their own destiny terrifying, since the eight seconds they were actually involved in producing the child in reality give them little or no claim without the threat of law to back it up.

Weak men, uncomfortable around uncontrolled women who are not held accountable for their sexuality.

Yep, and the the kid pops out, magic the Pop, (Dad) disappears never to be seen again.  Who do you think will help raise the kid through some government program???  A lot of 'unwanted children grow up to be a problem to society.  Not all of course, but....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

The "View New Posts" feature tends to show ALL new posts without regard to your ignore preferences. So  occasionally some putrid, slime-covered bit of trash flops out onto the floor if you use that feature.

Got it.  Seeing that idiot's content is like having dog shit all over the place.

18 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Some schooling on the use of contraception(s) would be a good start. Some sex-ed classes wouldn't hurt either (think of it as as a shop class). Better parenting? Yups. How 'bouts some Free Clinics that could hand out 'advice'.....and maybe some pamphlets wrt the actual cost of bringing a kid into the world 'til they're 18? I realize that puberty & raging hormones can be a very volitial cocktail, but seriously, Texas.....this ain't fuking missile surgery......

This is why I am glad you are back Boothy...  :). Cary on..  

I know someone who has had many abortions, one because of someone who wasn't the husband. They are far right in their philosophy, they were even moormonz once. They hate democrats more than they love life. I don't get it. The Tejas antiabortion law is not about Freedom. It is the creeping White Christer Sharia. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

The Effect Beyond Texas

Offered with apologies for the Koch-$pon$ored TeamR cheerleading, of course.

We know you don't have any original thoughts, but that was mentioned up-thread already. Don't bring yer gunz to Cali, or your fetuses to Texa$.

19 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Some schooling on the use of contraception(s) would be a good start. Some sex-ed classes wouldn't hurt either (think of it as as a shop class). Better parenting? Yups. How 'bouts some Free Clinics that could hand out 'advice'.....and maybe some pamphlets wrt the actual cost of bringing a kid into the world 'til they're 18? I realize that puberty & raging hormones can be a very volitial cocktail, but seriously, Texas.....this ain't fuking missile surgery......

You with your fuk and other cute misspelled words or do you not know the word volatile.  It tells me you haven't read a lot in your life.  If not, start now.  My short list of must reads includes:

Godfather (because you'll love it)

To Kill a Mockingbird (because it will humble you and doesn't have an extra word)

Prince of Tides (the book is a masterpiece, the movie a POS)

13 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

No flaming from me.....I'm pro-abortion (up to a hundred days at least) and a dyed-in-the-wool atheist......

13 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I fear you may not have said quite what you meant to say there.

But I could be wrong.

11 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Nope, I got it right the first time..

Your point being?.....

I stand corrected. I apologize for my misunderstanding.

It's just that it's highly unusual for someone to claim to be "pro-abortion". Most either claim to be pro-life or pro-choice.

You're pro-abortion. Got it. Thanks for your clarification.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

65620F42-26FA-4431-9379-B0E9A4742211.jpeg

not 100% guaranteed though, ask my neighbour's daughter whose husband decided after their 3rd kid it was time for a snip, 2 years later number 4 was on his way ... nearly broke up the marriage until doctors found the snip was not 100% .successful ..naaah, rather have your balls removed, now that is the cure, unless of course you're the Holy Ghost and then the real miracles happen, ask Maria about it

19 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Maybe what we could do to expedite this case would be to get a very blue state to take the body of the law and replace "abortion" with "guns" (like Detumescent Tom is wont to do in arguments, even!) and make it so anyone who sees someone owning, using, procuring, or helping with procuring a gun can file a civil suit against them.

It won't actually BAN guns, but it will set the same environment where anyone who is bothered by them can sue for $10,000, making gun ownership financially risky and prohibitively expensive.

And we know the current court would be on THAT in 8/10 of a millisecond to block it, thereby establishing the legal precedent to get rid of the Texas law.

Wow, it's almost as if someone here in PA has said that exact thing over and over here for years.  That gun control is exactly like abortion control in how it is treated and viewed by the courts.  And that same person has said repeatedly that y'all better watch out with your stupid anti-gun proposals because some on the anti-abortion side is going to copy it and use it against you.

Hmmmm, now I wonder who that was that was so prescient all those years ago??

17 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I stand corrected. I apologize for my misunderstanding.

It's just that it's highly unusual for someone to claim to be "pro-abortion". Most either claim to be pro-life or pro-choice.

You're pro-abortion. Got it. Thanks for your clarification.

Why is it that many folks who claim to be pro-life are also pro death penalty and argue for the most permissive interpretation Of the 2nd Amendment?  A conundrum.

9 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Why is it that many folks who claim to be pro-life are also pro death penalty and argue for the most permissive interpretation Of the 2nd Amendment?  A conundrum.

It's not a conundrum at all.

It's about control and punishment.

When the day comes and we can simply remove an unwanted fetus and grow grow it in an incubator, they'll be howling just the same. 

11 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

While I'm not in that particular camp, my understanding is that the death penalty is imposed on people who have committed murder and are therefore guilty of making that choice. An unborn fetus, on the other hand, is not guilty of anything. That's the argument, as I understand it. Although I do agree with Shortie's post above.

I don't have a good grasp on the 2nd Amendment arguments. They seem to be about interpreting the meaning of the amendment. But I also don't really see a connection between that and abortion, since no "life" is taken in that case. It seems to me to be a more tenuous connection.

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

No, it's really not.....it's called being pragmatic and looking at things one at time. Murderers should be exectuted, plain & simple. You don't get rewarded with the gift of life after taking the life of another. Period.

The “gift” of life is bestowed my one’s mother and father and depending on individual belief, a divine creator.  You are not “gifted” life if you are a murderer and not executed by the state as the state has no moral authority to take or grant you life.  The states sole authority is to protect the community by incarcerating those who do the harm which can also be seen as punishment.  There is in our justice system also the notion of rehabilitation which is to be admired and appreciated.

Its that simple.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Wow, it's almost as if someone here in PA has said that exact thing over and over here for years.  That gun control is exactly like abortion control in how it is treated and viewed by the courts.  And that same person has said repeatedly that y'all better watch out with your stupid anti-gun proposals because some on the anti-abortion side is going to copy it and use it against you.

I'm sorry, is there a state that has created finders fees for folks to file lawsuits against gun manufacturers?
Yeah, didn't so. Another flail by the Nutz Division minister of propoganda.

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

But it's not the same, and we've been down that road demonstrating it in the past.

tl;dr (the "r" is for "remember" this time): Babies grow, gunz don't, babies are part of a body, gunz are not.

But the GOP SCOTUS will pay attention to gunz where they will let women slide all the way to chattel property without intervention.

BTW for any of you who mocked the women crying after Trump's election then donning pink pussy hats to protest, this was why. Spare me your outrage over this today, you helped make it happen.

To a lot of this happening was obvious, and risk of a Trump presidency since he had no core values and would do whatever the people he owed for putting him there wanted. Couple that with McConnell's perfidy on the SCOTUS, and well, here we are.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

If only Texas .....was the only state in the Union. But it's not. And Trump has NOTHING to do with this new Texas law.....it's all on the polis who run that place......

don't be so blind.

Just now, El Mariachi said:

If only Texas .....was the only state in the Union. Trump has NOTHING to do with this new Texas law.....it's all on the polis who run that place......

Trump made it safe for scum like this to crawl out from under their rocks, and he gave them a false messiah to follow. The Repugnicans are using this as covering fire to eliminate democracy as we know it.

• Like 2

If only Texas .....was the only state in the Union. But it's not. And Trump has NOTHING to do with this new Texas law.....it's all on the polis who run that place......

Umm...you ARE aware that Trump appointed three people to the Supreme Court?

The SCOTUS is supposed to protect us from this bullshit, but Gorsuch, Rapey McKegstand, and Aunt Lydia threw us under the bus.

• Like 1

Don't be so convinced that Trump has more power than you give him credit for. Seriously, this is all on Abbott et al......

You never get anything right. This is one of those times.

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I disagree, but I also disagree with the others who blame it on trump.

I cant blame any individual state or leadership.

The GOP has gone rotten to the core, putting the need for power above nationhood. They are absolutely addicted to doing whatever it takes to make their base happy. 

Their noisy base is white, religious, fundamentally unhappy with life - because in their imagination life was never better than the 1960's / 70's. They forget the turmoil of McCarthyism, Race Riots, Corruption, Multiple Assassinations, Oil Crisis, Vietnam etc etc, instead looking back fondly. There was basic job security (imo mostly due to unions at the time), and life was simple. America went to the moon. Massive technological advances gave them lots of toys to play with, and an improved standard of living.

But even before Obama there was a strong undercurrent of needing to put the brown and black skinned people back in their proper place. I heard this a lot in Ohio, AZ, even in CA outside of SF / LA / SD.

Then there was the shock of Obama winning. Worse than a just being a Dem, he was a black Dem, which woke up the white population to the fact they no longer had privileged demographic majority status. Other skin colors could now affect the election, and entitled whites became very angry. Technology advances, once a lifestyle improver, started wiping out the middle class.

So trump comes along and says all the things the whites want to hear. MAGA! (back to the 1950'-1970's). Bring back manufacturing. Blame Chine, Blame the godless, blame everyone but the base.

But of course the base wanted more. And the far right 10% needed to be appeased. They are the ones that want the End Times, or failing that Gilead at least. And he needed that 10% because it was close. 

The aspect is that for a very large percentage of the population (more than 50%) life feels like it sucks, but that's ok because life on this planet is seen as a trial to get through before eternal happiness - which of course is illogical because there is no happiness without contrasting pain unless we all turn into drugged up zombies.

Somehow it has become the Democrats fault that life is no longer like the mythical mid 20th century, and the mid to low educated white population is terrified of the Dems causing the removal of the white majority.

Along side all of this is the conflict of science vs beliefs. Mid 20th century, where they want to return, was almost back to the dark ages compared to today. Religion could mostly coexist. However science has been plugging a lot of holes (not all by any means),  and with much easier communication / discussion a very large percentage of the population simply doesn't bow down to which ever god anymore - and this terrifies the right wing.

This then bleeds over to the new hatred of the working man vs Intellectual Elites. 

This is too long, so to summarise:

- god is great

- only the white population can be trusted to run the country

- life was better way back when

- Gilead is the way to achieve this

- there are more than enough shysters prepared to tell the base this is possible, and absolutely this is how we need to live to get back to the good times.

The above is based on my experiences as an Australian spending at least 3 months a year in the US from 2000 to 2011 for a mix of business and family, and living here since 2011. Mostly red states, 1/4 time in blue states, and for the last 7 years in Texas.

Trump / Abbott et al are symptoms. Yes they flamed it. But either their base grows up (wont happen), dies a very noisy and antisocial demographic death over the next 20 years, or possibly massive civil unrest / population movements.

How elections are run / how people vote, and how successful respective gerrymandering attempts will determine 2022. Either way the whole Roe v Wade and TX unconstitutional abortion bribery law is guaranteed to make post 2022 midterm a powder keg.

I am planning to be out of the US within 5 years, and out of Texas within 2. I was very surprised today to hear my business partner say even he thought Texas has just gone to shit because of the gop / abbott and their fetishes. He is mid right GOP, a breitbart reader as well! He is also planning where to take his mostly grown family, anywhere but Texas in the long term.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

When the day comes and we can simply remove an unwanted fetus and grow grow it in an incubator, they'll be howling just the same. 

Getting there. In the 30+ years I've had a peripheral involvement with neonatals, the point where we can use technology to raise a foetus to full term is going backwards in development time from full term.

Expensive, yes, but getting closer to the end of the 2nd trimester (heading backwards from full term, to be clear).

FKT

38 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

How elections are run / how people vote, and how successful respective gerrymandering attempts will determine 2022.

This is why, as an Aussie who lived for a period in the USA and has been following politics for decades, I keep saying that the absolute top priority should be fixing the electoral system so as to eliminate gerrymandering and ensure the right to vote cannot be white-anted away.

Yet the usual response is - this is too hard, we're not going there and doing that.

Shrug.

FKT

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Getting there. In the 30+ years I've had a peripheral involvement with neonatals, the point where we can use technology to raise a foetus to full term is going backwards in development time from full term.

Expensive, yes, but getting closer to the end of the 2nd trimester (heading backwards from full term, to be clear).

FKT

Hope it keeps improving. Somehow back in the mid 60's I survived being extricated at 28 weeks (preeclampsia). I'll leave it to others as to whether it had a negative effect on me, although I did fail prep and had to be put back a year after just 2 weeks first attempt. Then I would get into trouble for reading grade six level books instead of prep readers the following year. 

Apparently I was a rarity though. Im special ;) lol

2 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Hope it keeps improving. Somehow back in the mid 60's I survived being extricated at 28 weeks (preeclampsia). I'll leave it to others as to whether it had a negative effect on me, although I did fail prep and had to be put back a year after just 2 weeks first attempt. Then I would get into trouble for reading grade six level books instead of prep readers the following year. 

Apparently I was a rarity though. Im special ;) lol

Congratulations isn't the right word but - it's fortunate you were able to get first world medical care and survive/thrive.

A very close friend of mine lost an 8 month old baby to pre-eclampsia. By ONE day or less. She was due to go into the hospital for a checkup, started having severe abdominal pains, by the time she got to hospital the baby had died, she almost died in the following 24 hours after an emergency C section. It was very close.

8 fucking months. Even a few hours and they could have done an emergency C section, the baby would have been fine.

I had the privilege of accompanying her through all of this. Wasn't my child but that made no difference.

FKT

30 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I had the privilege of accompanying her through all of this. Wasn't my child but that made no difference.

Devastating and will never go away, very sorry to hear that. 

Was going to send you a pm with some RPI development pics, but cant figure out how to attach local pics. ~ 350 smts & 300 through holes on 2 double sided boards. Its the same dev I mentioned about 4 months ago.

1 hour ago, dfw_sailor said:

I disagree, but I also disagree with the others who blame it on trump.

I cant blame any individual state or leadership.

The GOP has gone rotten to the core, putting the need for power above nationhood. They are absolutely addicted to doing whatever it takes to make their base happy. 

....    ...

I am planning to be out of the US within 5 years, and out of Texas within 2. I was very surprised today to hear my business partner say even he thought Texas has just gone to shit because of the gop / abbott and their fetishes. He is mid right GOP, a breitbart reader as well! He is also planning where to take his mostly grown family, anywhere but Texas in the long term.

It's interesting to contemplate, just exactly who is benefiting from this malfeasance at the top? I see it as groveling to a few of the corporate top-rung, a subset of the 1%ers who see themselves as the aristocracy.

Also, it's a lot easier to fuck things up than fix them.

If I lived in Texas, I'd move almost anywhere; might be tempted to wait and see the 2022 election result. I put in my pitch to try and convince my family to move out of the US in 2016 thru 2018, they thought I was being an alarmist / pessimist. I won't say we're stuck here, but I'm not moving without them and they are very reluctant to leave what they see as a comfortable and secure life. although one with alarming headlines

- DSK

43 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's interesting to contemplate, just exactly who is benefiting from this malfeasance at the top? I see it as groveling to a few of the corporate top-rung, a subset of the 1%ers who see themselves as the aristocracy.

Also, it's a lot easier to fuck things up than fix them.

If I lived in Texas, I'd move almost anywhere; might be tempted to wait and see the 2022 election result. I put in my pitch to try and convince my family to move out of the US in 2016 thru 2018, they thought I was being an alarmist / pessimist. I won't say we're stuck here, but I'm not moving without them and they are very reluctant to leave what they see as a comfortable and secure life. although one with alarming headlines

- DSK

Shit's getting increasingly weird down there. Best of luck.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dfw_sailor said:

Their noisy base is white, religious,

They are not religious. They are hypocrites.

Do as I do, not as I say.

These people do not love their neighbors as they would love themselves. They do not do unto others as they would have done to themselves. They worship false prophets (profits) and golden idols.

They are as un-Christian as can be. And yet they hold the cross before them, as they march into this unholy war.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

I hear that Texas will put baby drop boxes , as used in the past for unwanted babies

image.jpeg.bc04b2b30a0575d4f35b6a2e7b678dab.jpegimage.jpeg.5478e170461e462517e35dc69aa411df.jpeg

saved abandoned babies in the Middle Ages

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For that to work, the mother and child need to survive the birth.  But I guess Texas politicians and anti-abortionists don't really care about that.

22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Being a native I have to remind myself to never think well at least it can't get any worse.

Well hopefully that open carry law fixes everything.

It begins.

Dear Lyft Riders and Drivers, 

A new Texas law, SB8, threatens to punish drivers for getting people where they need to go — specifically, women exercising their right to choose and to access the healthcare they need. 

We want to be clear: Drivers are never responsible for monitoring where their riders go or why. Imagine being a driver and not knowing if you are breaking the law by giving someone a ride. Similarly, riders never have to justify, or even share, where they are going and why. Imagine being a pregnant woman trying to get to a healthcare appointment and not knowing if your driver will cancel on you for fear of breaking a law. Both are completely unacceptable. 

This law is incompatible with people's basic rights to privacy, our community guidelines, the spirit of rideshare, and our values as a company. We are taking action on two fronts: 
1 Lyft has created a Driver Legal Defense Fund to cover 100% of legal fees for drivers sued under SB8 while driving on our platform. Riders and Drivers: Nothing about how you drive, ride or interact with each other should change. 
2 Texas SB8 is an attack on women's right to choose. Lyft is donating $1 million to Planned Parenthood to help ensure that transportation is never a barrier to healthcare access. 

If you feel compelled to join us as an individual, you can make a donation here. 

Logan and John, Lyft Co-founders 
Kristin Sverchek, Lyft General Counsel

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Same with Uber.

I'm curious to see where AT&T, American Airlines, and Dell end up next week. They were early vocal critics and have been silent so far. I think the backlash will be horrific if they don't get in front of this.

Forcing a woman to continue participating in the reproductive process is rape. 
those legislators who voted for the bill and the Governor who signed it into law  are accessories to rape and should be prosecuted individually for each individual rape they are assisting. 

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

Gawd damn but your fuking brain passed it's experation date about 84 months ago. Jeezis khryst you bumbling, fumbling olde man. Time to give your Commodore 64 away and take up knitting or bingo, you crazy fuk....

my oh my!! What a perfect example!! 

When a person cannot supply a single logical argument, he resorts to abusive language  and name calling. 

It is  truly unfortunate you are incapable of understanding those who disagree with you. 

Just now, El Mariachi said:

Calling you out for being a complete fuking rambling idiot does in NO way mean I'm 'incapable of understanding your viewpoint'. It just means that I think you're a complete fujing rambling idiot.

Gottit now?....

Failing to refute or even mention  a single point in my very logical argument while launching your pathetic version of a personal attack and then, after being called out,  doubling down on the personal attacks, simply makes it obvious you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this discussion. 

Forcing an unwilling woman to participate in the reproductive process is rape. 
Contributing in any way to that  rape makes the contributor an accessory to rape. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Failing to refute or even mention  a single point in my very logical argument while launching your pathetic version of a personal attack and then, after being called out,  doubling down on the personal attacks, simply makes it obvious you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this discussion. 

Forcing an unwilling woman to participate in the reproductive process is rape. 
Contributing in any way to that  rape makes the contributor an accessory to rape. 

Boothy's right again. You're an idiot.

2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

What the fuk are you....like seven years old? You stupid little twerp? Maybe you should piss on back to My Space and finish up  your game of Dungeons & Dragons......

Just now, 00seven said:

It must be difficult for you but as you get older you get more & more pathetic.

My sincere thanks to each of you far making me feel brilliant tonight. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

This is why, as an Aussie who lived for a period in the USA and has been following politics for decades, I keep saying that the absolute top priority should be fixing the electoral system so as to eliminate gerrymandering 

Yet the usual response is - this is too hard, we're not going there and doing that.

You have written this previously, and previously we have pointed out that you are quite mistaken. In reality, hundreds of thousands of USAeans are working on this, and have made considerable progress. 

Most of the action is at the state level, so you must have missed it. 

You really ought to stop writing, ". . lived for a period in the USA and has been following politics for decades, ." 

"Currently, 21 U.S. states have some form of non-partisan or bipartisan redistricting commission. Of these 21 states, 13 use redistricting commissions to exclusively draw electoral district boundaries." 

And a prohibition of gerrymandering is also a part of the For the People Act - and millions of Gringos are supporting its passage. (Not looking too good this session of Congress) 

For the People Act is a highly prescriptive bill that preempts state voting and election laws, mandates many practices (e.g., automatic and same-day voter registration and easily available early voting) and prohibits many others (e.g., unnecessary voter-roll purges and partisan gerrymandering).

And you can always be counted upon to go bananas when you are corrected, nicht wahr ?? 

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

Gouv, you're just a dopey old cunt that should give it away. You're living proof that long term exposure to thinners fucks your brain.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

I wouldn't worry, Grumpy's been inviting (sucking up to) Maria to join his gang of one, over in the Oz threads.

He's getting a bit lonely over there. 

Gawd help us.

And BTW class, radical legislation such as the Texas Abortion Ban . .  

would be far more unlikely if the state had anything like fair electoral districts. 

Gerrymandering leads to radicalism, unwillingness to compromise, and corruption. 

Nationally, the GOP gains around 30 Congressional seats due to gerrymandering. 

That's all for today.  

8 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I wouldn't worry, Grumpy's been inviting (sucking up to) Maria to join his gang of one, over in the Oz threads.

He's getting a bit lonely over there. 

Gawd help us.

News flash for you. You don't get to decide who posts what where. Stop being a fucking dill. (Oz is for Tinman & JG JBTW)

Who gave you permission to post in USA threads?

4 minutes ago, 00seven said:

News flash for you. You don't get to decide who posts what where. Stop being a fucking dill. (Oz is for Tinman & JG JBTW)

Who gave you permission to post in USA threads?

Hi Grumpy :D

12 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Gouv, you're just a dopey old cunt that should give it away. You're living proof that long term exposure to thinners fucks your brain.

Once again.. not a single syllable posted to refute my statements or  participate in any way in a discussion.

Your posts offer  the perfect example of an author  who is incapable of comprehending those with whom he thinks he disagrees. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Once again.. not a single syllable posted to refute my statements or  participate in any way in a discussion.

Your posts offer  the perfect example of an author  who is incapable of comprehending those with whom he thinks he disagrees. 

Rape is defined by penetration you idiot. Right there, your statement is refuted.

Now you can just doddle off for another huff from the thinners tin....

40 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You have written this previously, and previously we have pointed out that you are quite mistaken. In reality, hundreds of thousands of USAeans are working on this, and have made considerable progress. 

Most of the action is at the state level, so you must have missed it. 

You really ought to stop writing, ". . lived for a period in the USA and has been following politics for decades, ." 

"Currently, 21 U.S. states have some form of non-partisan or bipartisan redistricting commission. Of these 21 states, 13 use redistricting commissions to exclusively draw electoral district boundaries." 

And a prohibition of gerrymandering is also a part of the For the People Act - and millions of Gringos are supporting its passage. (Not looking too good this session of Congress) 

For the People Act is a highly prescriptive bill that preempts state voting and election laws, mandates many practices (e.g., automatic and same-day voter registration and easily available early voting) and prohibits many others (e.g., unnecessary voter-roll purges and partisan gerrymandering).

And you can always be counted upon to go bananas when you are corrected, nicht wahr ?? 

Al we need after that is the “popular vote” act at the national level to fix the inherent gerrymandering in place constitutionally. (The states)

50 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Rape is defined by penetration you idiot. Right there, your statement is refuted.

Now you can just doddle off for another huff from the thinners tin....

Rape has many meanings and the term is applied to a a myriad of events where a victim, object, or even something such as a forest is  abused. For those reasons, differing acts of rape are defined and typified, whether by popular convention, research of the subject, or otherwise, the results are often neither exclusive nor exhaustive in scope. Some instances may fit two or more definitions, while others may remain as yet undefined. 

I find it amusing how you use multiple words in manners which have little to do with their meaning, yet you seek to limit the use of rape to penetration. 

In the  post quoted above you used idiot, doddle, huff, and tin outside their strict definition. 
I announced the definition of  rape as used in my argument. 
You have offered a different definition. It does not change my argument. Your definition only applies to your argument. 

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

Rape has many meanings and the term is applied to a a myriad of events where a victim, object, or even something such as a forest is  abused. For those reasons, differing acts of rape are defined and typified, whether by popular convention, research of the subject, or otherwise, the results are often neither exclusive nor exhaustive in scope. Some instances may fit two or more definitions, while others may remain as yet undefined. 

I find it amusing how you use multiple words in manners which have little to do with their meaning, yet you seek to limit the use of rape to penetration. 

In the  post quoted above you used idiot, doddle, huff, and tin outside their strict definition. 
I announced the definition of  rape as used in my argument. 
You have offered a different definition. It does not change my argument. Your definition only applies to your argument. 

Yeah, right. You’re stupid. 

Ive witnessed the rape of rainforests. Penetration was involved. How can you define a law as rape?

you can agree with the law just like I do. You can’t define it as rape.

now walk away and use the container of your choice to ingest the vapours of whichever product has fucked your brain up

8 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Yeah, right. You’re stupid. 

Ive witnessed the rape of rainforests. Penetration was involved. How can you define a law as rape?

you can agree with the law just like I do. You can’t define it as rape.

now walk away and use the container of your choice to ingest the vapours of whichever product has fucked your brain up

Rape of rights? Laws penetrating the protections fought for by us.

Simple stupid.

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

And BTW class, radical legislation such as the Texas Abortion Ban . .  

would be far more unlikely if the state had anything like fair electoral districts. 

Gerrymandering leads to radicalism, unwillingness to compromise, and corruption. 

Nationally, the GOP gains around 30 Congressional seats due to gerrymandering. 

That's all for today.  

Funnily, I said this was a problem that needed to be fixed.

And you said I was wrong.

It's a very low bar, but you could at least *try* to be consistent.

Oh yes - AJ. More interested in seeming to be all-knowing and correct than actually doing anything. Because doing stuff is hard, whereas pontificating and blaming your political opposition is de rigeur for a superannuated poly-sci type who's never managed to actually do anything in his life.

Sorry, carry on.

FKT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Rape of rights? Laws penetrating the protections fought for by us.

Simple stupid.

11 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Fuck off idiot.

Is your missus ever allowed to point out your mistakes or does she just smile quietly to herself?:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Is your missus ever allowed to point out your mistakes or does she just smile quietly to herself?:rolleyes:

Did your husband run away with a Thai girl because your a cunt? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, 00seven said:

Did your husband run away with a Thai girl because your a cunt? :rolleyes:

That's "you're"

Best day for years that was. :)

You think I should be ashamed or embarassed by HIS behaviour?:rolleyes:

You could be a poster boy for White Ribbon :D

23 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Grumpy met his in a bar in Bali.  Five minutes later she said she loved him longtime.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

That's "you're"

Best day for years that was. :)

You think I should be ashamed or embarassed by HIS behaviour?:rolleyes:

You could be a poster boy for White Ribbon :D

Your behaviour was behind his. You would be an absolute cow to live with.

If you weren't a cunt he wouldn't have run away would he. It is really is that simple.

Edit. Posting on my phone grammatical & soelling errors may happen