Jump to content

49ers in western australia?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roy166808 said:

Does anybody know of any 49ers for cheap in western australia?

Im looking for a boat to learn in, I know of lots of abandoned 49ers but i can't find the owner?

Thanks Roy

Interesting Roy.

What do you mean by abandoned?

Left in a club yard? Carpark?

I'm aware in NSW someone did manage to track down a club car park abandoment and get the boat for themselves.

Can a club help you do that?

Good luck in your endeavours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rambler said:

Interesting Roy.

What do you mean by abandoned?

Left in a club yard? Carpark?

I'm aware in NSW someone did manage to track down a club car park abandoment and get the boat for themselves.

Can a club help you do that?

Good luck in your endeavours.

yes i am refering to abandoned unloved boats in the car park with like 1 broken gudgeon,

Im going to ask tomorrow about a 49er at one of my clubs (rpyc) which is odd because its mostly a windsurfing club.

Thanks roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Got my hands on a hull with a boom and wings, Needs kitepole and new kite bag(any ideas? even non class legal ones just looking to save money)

Missing mast gate and top rudder tubes? (at theback) and a snapped gudeon.

Let me know if you find any gear.

Cheers roy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

D1's have not changed in length, so any set of D1's should fit any boat!

And yes it's a old boat, most likely built by one of our sub-contractors, in those day we where doing 4 boats per week.

           jB

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JulianB said:

D1's have not changed in length, so any set of D1's should fit any boat!

And yes it's a old boat, most likely built by one of our sub-contractors, in those day we where doing 4 boats per week.

           jB

Thanks, I was just asking because on some stores it specified if it was a carbon mast for lowers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @JulianB

Do you have like an owners manual for a boat of my age (2003 year old hull i think?)

Like where the fittings go, How to mantain your boat, What epoxys and resins to use , etc

Also what should i do with a sliding wing boat? Its very corroded the track is there a place where i can buy a new one?

Thanks so much -Roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Revintage, wow that's a find, how time flys when your having fun.

Wing tracks are Ronstan, part of the T-Track range, start looking at RC7251.   Cars could be a real problem as just about all of them have been discontinued.   But ring them up, they may have some old stock.

Your other option is simply get rid of the tracks/car and just use M8 bolts and bolt the wing in place.   There is brass inside the hull and that likely to still be 100% effective, if its not, do a quick course in heli-coils and then you will have another 20 years life.   Just use vasiline on the threads every 10th sail to stop the bolts binding up.

Epoxy, that boats laminates are 10000% "dead" so there would be no reactive molocules left, so anything you use on it, it's going to be a mechanical bond (as opposed to chemical) so just use any of the epoxies.     My favorite epoxy is Peerless, it's called Boatex and it's made in WA, I have 120kgs on a truck mid Nullabour right now infact.   But SP101, Ampreg 20 or 22, Allnex 120 or 160, West systems will all work.

                   jB

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JulianB said:

Revintage, wow that's a find, how time flys when your having fun.

Wing tracks are Ronstan, part of the T-Track range, start looking at RC7251.   Cars could be a real problem as just about all of them have been discontinued.   But ring them up, they may have some old stock.

Your other option is simply get rid of the tracks/car and just use M8 bolts and bolt the wing in place.   There is brass inside the hull and that likely to still be 100% effective, if its not, do a quick course in heli-coils and then you will have another 20 years life.   Just use vasiline on the threads every 10th sail to stop the bolts binding up.

Epoxy, that boats laminates are 10000% "dead" so there would be no reactive molocules left, so anything you use on it, it's going to be a mechanical bond (as opposed to chemical) so just use any of the epoxies.     My favorite epoxy is Peerless, it's called Boatex and it's made in WA, I have 120kgs on a truck mid Nullabour right now infact.   But SP101, Ampreg 20 or 22, Allnex 120 or 160, West systems will all work.

                   jB

Thanks Julian and Revintage.

I had an idea which im not sure is possible,

Instead of have the screws for the tracks have a spring loaded track?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Revintage, your in Germany arn't you?    Bit far from Perth but love your enthuisisium.

Roy, there is a Australian 9er association page, think there is a fB conection, try that.     If you struggle come back to me, and if I get a chance today, I will try and track it down, I know the Exc Sec, but got manic day WRT 3Di sails and CST masts, which I know are relevant and I may be speaking with them in afew hours regardless.

                        jB

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tak, where in Sweden may I ask, spent lots of time there with Jonas, Usler, Anders and Peter, plus Magnus, wont even try and spells the name of where we were other than Stockhom and Gottenberg.    But I do remember spending a wonderful day sailing through the islands of Stockholm, and stoping at bar for beers, f--king expensive beer, but so where Cornflakes, but great country and wonderful people.     jB

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JulianB said:

Revintage, your in Germany arn't you?    Bit far from Perth but love your enthuisisium.

Roy, there is a Australian 9er association page, think there is a fB conection, try that.     If you struggle come back to me, and if I get a chance today, I will try and track it down, I know the Exc Sec, but got manic day WRT 3Di sails and CST masts, which I know are relevant and I may be speaking with them in afew hours regardless.

                        jB

 

 

 

Hi julian im just really looking for foils rudderbox and a kitepole, If i ever find a cst mast second hand i would probably buy it.

Thanks Julian and Revintage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JulianB said:

Tak, where in Sweden may I ask, spent lots of time there with Jonas, Usler, Anders and Peter, plus Magnus, wont even try and spells the name of where we were other than Stockhom and Gottenberg.    But I do remember spending a wonderful day sailing through the islands of Stockholm, and stoping at bar for beers, f--king expensive beer, but so where Cornflakes, but great country and wonderful people.     jB

I live 110km west of Stockholm. Agree about beer prices and about the beautiful archipelago of Stockholm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...