For good size coastal keelboats, what constitutes a "reasonable" toolkit to have on board. Does it make any difference to the content if a "toolkit" is required for OD class compliance, but the contents are not specified. 

1. Screwdrivers - large flat and Philips #2

2. Wrenches for "usual shit that does wrong" on engine - 3/8, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8

3. Adjustable wrench for bigger stuff

4. Pliers

5. Tools for rig turnbuckles

6. Some winch repair tools and spares, perhaps some 3-in-one oil and a small amount of grease

7. Spectra for lashing loose stuff

8. Knife

9. What about something to cut the rig away if it comes down?

10. What else?

Hmmm - you guys are going pretty deep into it trying to change injectors and debug electrical systems. Probably the toolkit requires context:

1. OD buoy racing in protected waters

2. Coastal racing with an overnight

3. Offshore

For sure, if I was going offshore I'd be bringing a lot more with me than I would bother with for a local race. 

Vice grips are a good idea if you can stop the adjuster screw from rusting solid.

1, Protected waters.. With rescue boats, which carry rig cutting gear , first aid , radios, .. I carry not a lot.. edited to add I almost always carry a multitool on my belt..

2, Routine gear, to replace filters etc on engine and spare filters, cutting gear for the rig..

3, Offshore used to carry everything I can think of and a bit more.. but then I wasn't racing..

10 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

For good size coastal keelboats, what constitutes a "reasonable" toolkit to have on board. Does it make any difference to the content if a "toolkit" is required for OD class compliance, but the contents are not specified. 

1. Screwdrivers - large flat and Philips #2

2. Wrenches for "usual shit that does wrong" on engine - 3/8, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8

3. Adjustable wrench for bigger stuff

4. Pliers

5. Tools for rig turnbuckles

6. Some winch repair tools and spares, perhaps some 3-in-one oil and a small amount of grease

7. Spectra for lashing loose stuff

8. Knife

9. What about something to cut the rig away if it comes down?

10. What else?

Vice grips, water pump wrench , hammer , hack saw …. Typically the mechanics briefcase style tool kit gets the job done 

2380E951-DEC7-44F0-AD65-C84469A8BC86.png

5 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

Vice grips are a good idea if you can stop the adjuster screw from rusting solid.

CorrosionX

Stanley has a nice socket set that uses 3/8 drive for all sizes (so a single handle) and covers 6mm to 17mm as well as similar SAE sizes. This covers almost every nut on my boat without many wasted sizes. Has a small box. 

That, vise grips, a good set of pliers, an adjustable wrench, and a multibit screwdriver covers the basics for me. Total weight is about 5-6lbs and it doesn’t take up much space. 

When cruising I bring a drill and more spares and electrical kit. 

a pin punch or two, sized to fit the clevis pin of your turnbuckles. That an a hammer will disconnect rigging wires pretty quickly even under load.

23 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

Wrenches for "usual shit that does wrong" on engine - 3/8, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8

Umm, many (most?) engines use metric fasteners.

Yanmar
Volvo
Universal (Kubota block)
Beta (Kubota block)

Maybe Perkins might be inch like 4.108