Is it time to let the unvaccinated by choice die?

3 minutes ago, craigiri said:

I still have to wonder how they wipe their asses and stuff. One cannot get the basics right and yet not have SOME foundational knowledge. 

What boat is your Avatar?  If we haven't met, we know some of the same people.

• Like 1
  • Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a friend who is a respiratory therapist at a local hospital. She's the last person you see as they sedate you and push a tube down your throat. She said "hell I treat drunk drivers, domest

I have to wonder how many antivaxxers would still be be Antivaxxers if they had to sign a piece of paper saying they acknowledge that all medical care will be withheld if they contract Covid, they ack

Sure, while at home. But we aren’t going to start offering treatments in hospitals as some sort of á la carte breakfast menu. Twist my arm to give drugs or do procedures I think are useless

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

What boat is your Avatar?  If we haven't met, we know some of the same people.

I sold it and it's for sale again - hummers' 91 from Bob and Ira (used) - docked off Sandy Point in Portsmouth RI for 8 years. 

Love that boat. Now I have a little Fulcrum Rocket on order - tho - for Florida, hopefully, if I even go back (we own a house in Sarasota).

1 minute ago, craigiri said:

I sold it and it's for sale again - hummers' 91 from Bob and Ira (used) - docked off Sandy Point in Portsmouth RI for 8 years. 

Love that boat. Now I have a little Fulcrum Rocket on order - tho - for Florida, hopefully, if I even go back (we own a house in Sarasota).

I've met them both.  Had an F27 for 6 years on the lakes.  Take care.

19 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Go figure. Fucking Florida can't take care of it's own, but the damned yankees come to the fucking rescue. Yet.... YET..... Around here they say that the vax kills more people than the virus.... And wht doesn't anyone get the flu any more? Everything is blamed on the Covid. IT'S JUST NOT TRUE!!!! :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, hasher said:

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I actually do theorize that many COVID deaths are "deaths of despair" (whether they know it or not). 

Let's assume - that what we feel (that is, those of reason) has some truth - that perhaps we are at lastly slightly "self-aware" (not enlightened, for sure, but can sometimes step back).

I certainly notice how hard it for me - or my wife (even more!) to admit we are wrong - or that we screwed up, even when it is evident we did. AND, if we didn't and yet someone says we did - wow, here comes the damn nuclear attack!

But at least I know that I am doing it! There is another voice inside me watching and saying "Yeah, she's wrong and even though she just broke off the rear view mirror on her car backing out of the garage, she doesn't want to think that she did something wrong". Or "yeah, Craig, you didn't listen - you don't listen a lot of the time - but in your (my) defense I do the work to make up for what I didn't listen to". 

These people in Florida - I can't even respond to them. My mouth just hangs open. Its' a distinct combination of every bad trait 

Selfishness

Attention Seeking

Following

It's an entire alternative universe. 

• Like 2

Oh, and Trump won the election, and all the dead kids at Sandy Hook were actors.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Oh, and Trump won the election, and all the dead kids at Sandy Hook were actors.:rolleyes:

We were having a serious debate here.  Please hold back your comedy while we secure your free dumb.

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Go figure. Fucking Florida can't take care of it's own, but the damned yankees come to the fucking rescue. Yet.... YET..... Around here they say that the vax kills more people than the virus.... And wht doesn't anyone get the flu any more? Everything is blamed on the Covid. IT'S JUST NOT TRUE!!!! :rolleyes:

You near Bell by any chance (the river flows near my sisters place there)?

Just now, hasher said:

We were having a serious debate here.  Please hold back you comedy while we secure your free dumb.

I'm not laughing. Are you?

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Trump got an erection? Good for him. He's getting somewhere. Now if he can just control all the other orifices during the act he'll be Golden. 

1 minute ago, craigiri said:

I shop in Bell on a weekly basis. It's about 10 miles north.

• Like 1

I'm not laughing. Are you?

I'm not crying for the suicides.  Some I miss.  I'd like to send them all a bill.

5 minutes ago, hasher said:

I'm not crying for the suicides.  Some I miss.  I'd like to send them all a bill.

Send 'em a bill. See how many pay up.

Send 'em a bill. See how many pay up.

I'm not a collections lawyer, but a good one can take the mortar between the bricks from the estate.

12 minutes ago, craigiri said:

You by Chester by any chance? My favorite saw mill is/was Bannish. Haven't been up there in several years, but it is/was a great mill, with truly great prices. Worth the trip.

3 minutes ago, hasher said:

I'm not a collections lawyer, but a good one can take the mortar between the bricks from the estate.

Not in Florida, if you have a homestead..... They say....

Not in Florida, if you have a homestead..... They say....

I don't know Florida law.  My President when he was a mere Senator made bankruptcy better for creditors.  Something about money doesn't talk it swears.  Zimmerman.

22 minutes ago, hasher said:

I don't know Florida law.  My President when he was a mere Senator made bankruptcy better for creditors.  Something about money doesn't talk it swears.  Zimmerman.

I don't believe anything a politician, or a law/ordinance says. I tend to take comments from lawyers with a healthy dose of skepticism.

And yes, I am an officer of the court of the state of Florida.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

I don't believe anything a politician, or a law/ordinance says. I tend to take comments from lawyers with a healthy dose of skepticism.

And yes, I am an officer of the court of the state of Florida.

I've met many fine attorneys.  I've met some greedy SOBs some of whom were attorneys.  The rule of law is why Chinese millionaires like to resettle in the United States.  

The best thing we have in the world is stability. 

The worst politicians write laws that they are paid to write.  The worst judges consider politics.

The best defense we have is education.  Our enemy is disinformation.

• Like 2

The sad irony is that the anti-vaxx covidiots have become the sheep they claim the rest of us are.  Too stupid to realize their Internet messiahs are having them on. 

19 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

This is why mainstream social media had to start fact-checking and moderating covid lies. From the Christian fundamentalist RWNJ primordial swamp of Gab:

Screenshot_2021-09-19-20-20-34.png

I almost want to join Gab, just to ask her who is telling her these lies.

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I read somewhere in the scientific literature (perhaps from the CDC) that there are only 3 deaths in the US attributed to COVID vaccines and all of them were JNJ.  I’ll have to dig that up but Jerjkz is bullshiting again and I hope he becomes the 4th death.

I was told yesterday by a woman who was test driving my van that over 300 people had died from the vaccine in New Zealand alone. She she knew of a guy - direct connection was unclear - who got that vaccine in Australia and died.

Then she said she didn't know anyone who had Covid or died from it.

At which point I was like "You live in New Zealand, there have been less than 4,000 cases and 27 deaths. Of course you haven't me them, I'm an American...I know DOZENS of people (about a dozen in my family alone) who had had and, and I knew people who died."

No sense at all Given that Covid has affect < 1% of the NZ population and the death rate is about 5.2/1,000,000 of COURSE she didn't know anyone, the odds were very high against.

She did seem shaken when I pointed out to her that one American in 500 had DIED from Covid, and walked her through the math and she agreed that was the right number.

-----

Needless to say, I was trying to sell her a camper van. So I didn't ask her which crackpot sites he got her information from or really argue any of the points.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I almost want to join Gab, just to ask her who is telling her these lies.

Make sure you wear a brain condom or something.  There is some powerful stupid over there.

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just say "Fuck off and die, you cretin" and put him on ignore?

No shit.

What would possess anyone to enter into an intellectual discussion with a person who makes his living creating junk mail?

Everything about that idiot adds negative value to society.

I put him on ignore years ago when he was echoing the language and ideas found on a bunch of alt-right and white supremacist sites and communities. It pays to learn their dog whistles and signs.

At least he doesn't have 1488 in his profile picture or signature. Yet.

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I put him on ignore years ago when he was echoing the language and ideas found on a bunch of alt-right and white supremacist sites and communities. It pays to learn their dog whistles and signs.

At least he doesn't have 1488 in his profile picture or signature. Yet.

Oh look, the forum buffoon is pulling the white supremacist card.  How surprising.

7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I hope the preface of this thread never comes true.  I love my fellow man no matter how misguided.

Hmmm. Trump, Barr, Nixon, Stalin, Duke, Faubus, Manson, Gacy, Hitler's bunch, Pol Pot, Amin, Sary, Hussein, the Kims, Mao, Bundy, ...

I could fill up the page with just people in my own lifetime.  And you could too. But what the hey! it's the internet. Have a nice day. :blink:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Here's a pretty picture from 2010 to make somebody feel better. The United States from Canada.

IMG_7099.thumb.JPG.17b1ae22fc0948a6318f67ed496c1d36.JPG

?? Surely that's not all of it. I was told there were endless prairies? And around my house at least, there is a goodish bit of swamp too

Beautiful pic though, thanks for the nice thought!

- DSK

21 minutes ago, jzk said:

Oh look, the forum buffoon is pulling the white supremacist card.  How surprising.

You clearly don't recognize absolute brilliance on display when you see it............

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I was told yesterday by a woman who was test driving my van that over 300 people had died from the vaccine in New Zealand alone. She she knew of a guy - direct connection was unclear - who got that vaccine in Australia and died.

Then she said she didn't know anyone who had Covid or died from it.

At which point I was like "You live in New Zealand, there have been less than 4,000 cases and 27 deaths. Of course you haven't me them, I'm an American...I know DOZENS of people (about a dozen in my family alone) who had had and, and I knew people who died."

No sense at all Given that Covid has affect < 1% of the NZ population and the death rate is about 5.2/1,000,000 of COURSE she didn't know anyone, the odds were very high against.

She did seem shaken when I pointed out to her that one American in 500 had DIED from Covid, and walked her through the math and she agreed that was the right number.

-----

Needless to say, I was trying to sell her a camper van. So I didn't ask her which crackpot sites he got her information from or really argue any of the points.

Did she buy the van?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Here's a pretty picture from 2010 to make somebody feel better. The United States from Canada.

image.jpeg.93746d692389eb7e285a028aaca2506a.jpeg

Same in France and pretty much everywhere else too. Esp the folks in OZ that we just agreed to help avoid Chinese food and dragon breath. 

We've never even entered the Mr. Congeniality contest. If we don't wear our warts proudly, at least we don't cover them like zits on Prom night.

And hey have you all heard about the pipeline that's sucking the water right fucking out of MN? It's a drought year. That says to me everybody gives some but nobody gives all. Dang if the oil barons haven't turned that around. 

But sure, nobody likes us, everybody hates us right up until it gets way worse with  genuine authoritarians handing out insufficient food and care to 8 billion souls.

25 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Same in France and pretty much everywhere else too. Esp the folks in OZ that we just agreed to help avoid Chinese food and dragon breath. 

We've never even entered the Mr. Congeniality contest. If we don't wear our warts proudly, at least we don't cover them like zits on Prom night.

And hey have you all heard about the pipeline that's sucking the water right fucking out of MN? It's a drought year. That says to me everybody gives some but nobody gives all. Dang if the oil barons haven't turned that around. 

But sure, nobody likes us, everybody hates us right up until it gets way worse with  genuine authoritarians handing out insufficient food and care to 8 billion souls.

The pipeline is sucking water out of MN?  To what state is the water going?

22 hours ago, jzk said:

What could they get from you if you are vaccinated?

Covid you idiot.  Just because you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get it.  Fuck, people get vaccinated for the chicken pox and flu, but still get those too.  And they are still just as communicable.  It's called breakthrough cases.

Seriously.  Just do everyone a favor and shut the hell up.

• Like 3
Just now, Grrr... said:

Covid you idiot.  Just because you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get it.  Fuck, people get vaccinated for the chicken pox and flu, but still get those too.  And they are still just as communicable.  It's called breakthrough cases.

Seriously.  Just do everyone a favor and shut the hell up.

Yes, dipshit, that was the point of the sarcastic questions.

So many idiots all rounded up in one place.  I admit it is why I come to this forum.  It is like a car wreck of morons that you just can't look away from.

28 minutes ago, jzk said:

So many idiots all rounded up in one place.  I admit it is why I come to this forum.  It is like a car wreck of morons that you just can't look away from.

And I appreciate your contribution because it's good to develop responses the creative alternative fact trial balloons the right are coming up to justify their broken policies.

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
14 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Expand  Expand  

?? Surely that's not all of it. I was told there were endless prairies? And around my house at least, there is a goodish bit of swamp too

Living in sight of Baker, one of my favourite bits of useless information is that it has the honour of hosting the greatest snowfall on earth.

50 to 100 feet per year. :blink:

3 hours ago, Teener said:
4 hours ago, jzk said:

And I appreciate your contribution because it's good to develop responses the creative alternative fact trial balloons the right are coming up to justify their broken policies.

:lol: That cretin is the absolute definition of the Dunning Kruger phenomenon.

The Town Fool commenting on all the "morons". It must be blissful to be that self unaware.

:lol:

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Here's the view from the other side.

view-from-9th-ave.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Here's the view from the other side.

view-from-9th-ave.jpg

I remember that.  Only now realizing how Sarah Palin lied to us.  Obviously, you can see Russia from LA.

And, yes, I know that was Tina Fey.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Here's a picture of the van the anti-vax lady didn't buy from me parked someplace pretty.

20210414_114430.thumb.jpg.d3c9d4dcffb8702cf04951feec4775b6.jpg

I can see the problem. The steering wheel's on the wrong side.

6 hours ago, jzk said:

jzklovesTrump.png.e225529f3db486486c25d38d0cbdc41e.png

6 hours ago, jzk said:

I saw that they were pumping water to build the pipeline.

The claim was made that they are pumping it out of MN.  I just asked where it was going.

Fuck around and find out.

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Well, it's not in MN anymore...that's the telling point. 

Yeah, they just pumped 5 billion gallons of water out of the state of MN.

Like I said before.  No shortage of idiots around here.

Just now, Ishmael said:

So it's totally out of the environment?

I don't think so but it's not where it's supposed to be. And doubt it's needed where and once it's moved the tar sands material.

2 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I don't think so but it's not where it's supposed to be. And doubt it's needed where and once it's moved the tar sands material.

Tar sands material?  What are you talking about?

They are building a pipleine, but there is so much water in the way, they have to pump it away from the construction area.  And, it was much more than they thought.  So they temporarily pump it away, store, treat and then discharge it very nearby where it goes back into the environment.   At least that is what Department of Natural Resources administrator Randall Doneen has to say about it.

Yep, they are just pumping 5 billion gallons clean out of the state of MN!

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Looks like a multi-hull???

photo-56007.jpg

Corsair Sprint 2008 24 foot. A blast in the RI breeze. 

craigsprint.png

• Like 1

I had a GMC Jimmy in the Caribbean. It's steering wheel was on the wrong side. When I went to take my driver's license test the cop said "You seem very comfortable driving on the left hand side of the road. You have lot's of experience?" I said: Oh yeah.  I've been driving home from bars on the wrong side of the road for 30 some years now!

He said "You'll do jus' fine here den"

On 9/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Fakenews said:
On 9/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Burning Man said:

So gaytor, I know you love the cock - but I never thought you and your governor would share the same interests and politics.  Gov desantis approves of your actions.  

Nonsense, but if DeSantis thinks vaccinated people don’t pose a risk to other vaccinated people well he’s right.  

But fuck those who can't be vaccinated like the immuno-compromised or children under 12, right??  It's all about your convenience.

You're still a selfish cunt, gaytor.

10 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Now that is just unnatural.

You have to climb all the way across the seat if you get in from the drivers side.  

Or, you could just sit in the right seat and reach over with left hand and left foot to drive.

Like the postal delivery occurred where I grew up.

VAERS?  I don't need no stinkin' VAERS!  I got VSAFE Powered by Oracle, Larry Ellison's "gift" to a grateful nation, along with hydroxy and right-wing nutjob campaign contributions.

Every day "I GOT A TEXT" (sorry, "LOVE ISLAND" reference) and I can report things.  I added my covid arm, desire to vote Republican all the way, and mysterious multiple orgasms reading about Larry's Japanese art collection.  The app says I "may" receive follow up communication. 

On 9/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Burning Man said:

But fuck those who can't be vaccinated like the immuno-compromised or children under 12, right??  It's all about your convenience.

You're still a selfish cunt, gaytor.

One of the worst parts of this Florida thing is that - I believe (bad words, I know) - that even the vaccinated are in trouble when you unleash a total COVID STORM. The whole idea of society is to moderate our tendencies - vaccines seems to work very well when SOME behavior modification is combined and you can keep the COVID levels down.

BUT, and this is anecdotal, I suspect that massive viral loads caused by Idiots endangers everyone. One of the first vaccinated deaths I heard of was a health care worker in FL hospital who got COVID in-between the two shots. In any normal situation, you are well protected 10 days after the first shot - but no one wants to pick a fight with massive COVID from every direction.

And so, these idiots in Florida are screwing up the entire country. My twitter feed is full of "FL man is saved by flying up to CT hospital" - and similar stories. 

On a related note - you can watch the people die in Florida - not a day goes by that my twitter feed does not contain individual stories of dead....preventable dead. Personal stories. Yet, here in MA, I don't even know friends of friends of friends that are dying. The 8 people or so a day dying is "no excess" to normal MA death rates so my odds of hearing about COVID deaths, even 2nd hand, are low. 

Example - nursing home deaths right now in Florida are 10 to 50X per capita what they are in many states. With numbers like that, if your own parents are dying, someone you know likely has some - or their friends. These are the types of things I see daily. It's not "oh, some few deaths over there" - 450+ per day add up quick.

You can feel the death in the air - and if you don't, you have lost your humanity. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.35.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 9.51.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.59.57 PM.png

On 9/21/2021 at 2:44 AM, Gouvernail said:

It is Trump assisted suicide 

Being a history nut (real nut!), I wonder how this is going to be looked at decades from now? It's full-on Jim Jones stuff, but the USA is like Florida in a lot of ways. We tend to moderate out how bad things were. 

History books will surely not say "An idiot was elected POTUS and somehow he rallied the Christians and many others to follow him as a Pied Piper...to their graves, while he lived through it all due to better medical care". 

What are they going to say? I wonder even now what they teach about Nixon in middle school or high school? 

If, as I suspect, the US is going into the shitter anyway, then the POV will be from the shitter backwards.....it would only be if we found some Reason (like post war Germany) where we'd look back and know how bad it was.

In this tiny county in North central Florida, the infection rate is stupendous. The death rate is absurd. Yet almost no one wears masks, and everything is open.

I understand that my wearing a mask wont protect me even though I'm fully vaxed, but it  could help keep me from infecting others.

Still I hear, every day, LITERALLY.... "I don't believe it's a proven vaccine. Until it's gone through full testing I'm not doing it! If I was gonna get it, I'd have it by now. Nobody gets the flu anymore. It's all blamed on Covid. I don't believe it. It's Biden causing this."

All this despite the fact that almost everyone here has a relative, or close friend who has either died, or is severally impaired by this virus.

It's like telling people that the farmer didn't tell the time by looking at his cow's udders, he was looking under the cow at the town hall clock.... They just won't believe it.

The stupid is very, very strong here.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, craigiri said:

One of the worst parts of this Florida thing is that - I believe (bad words, I know) - that even the vaccinated are in trouble when you unleash a total COVID STORM. The whole idea of society is to moderate our tendencies - vaccines seems to work very well when SOME behavior modification is combined and you can keep the COVID levels down.

BUT, and this is anecdotal, I suspect that massive viral loads caused by Idiots endangers everyone. One of the first vaccinated deaths I heard of was a health care worker in FL hospital who got COVID in-between the two shots. In any normal situation, you are well protected 10 days after the first shot - but no one wants to pick a fight with massive COVID from every direction.

And so, these idiots in Florida are screwing up the entire country. My twitter feed is full of "FL man is saved by flying up to CT hospital" - and similar stories. 

On a related note - you can watch the people die in Florida - not a day goes by that my twitter feed does not contain individual stories of dead....preventable dead. Personal stories. Yet, here in MA, I don't even know friends of friends of friends that are dying. The 8 people or so a day dying is "no excess" to normal MA death rates so my odds of hearing about COVID deaths, even 2nd hand, are low. 

Example - nursing home deaths right now in Florida are 10 to 50X per capita what they are in many states. With numbers like that, if your own parents are dying, someone you know likely has some - or their friends. These are the types of things I see daily. It's not "oh, some few deaths over there" - 450+ per day add up quick.

You can feel the death in the air - and if you don't, you have lost your humanity. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.35.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 9.51.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.59.57 PM.png

CALCULATE YOUR RISK!

Someone put together a nifty calculator to determine your rough level of COVID exposure based on where you live, what you do, how you mask, etc. etc.

It identifies a "Microcovid" as a unit of Covid risk, then provides an analysis of what you are doing based on the number of Microcovids you  encounter

https://www.microcovid.org/

For example, in the Tampa area, doing an unmasked indoor activity near four other unmasked people for an hour with 2m average separation after having two doses of the Moderna vaccines yourself and no knowledge of their status seems about roughly the description of Fakenews  and his unmasked workouts in the gym

Survey says...

image.png.71e4cb0a6cd70ad42a48962fa9326825.png

image.thumb.png.416fd16d6783c0f09b5a025b41048e99.png

• Like 1

It seems like the % of vaccinated people in hospitals is on the rise.  59% in Israel and 33% in Massachusetts.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/nearly-60-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

And the dipshits here actually oppose developing treatments for this disease.

You just can't make this shit up.

25 minutes ago, jzk said:

It seems like the % of vaccinated people in hospitals is on the rise.  59% in Israel and 33% in Massachusetts.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/nearly-60-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

And the dipshits here actually oppose developing treatments for this disease.

You just can't make this shit up.

https://t.co/kFbwZRY1o0?amp=1

E_9pdGkVgAQtPe9.png

59 minutes ago, jzk said:

Let's use your MA example. Generally, intelligent people live in Massachusetts so let's say that the vax rate is 80% (round numbers). So 33% of the folks in hospital come from 80% of the population, while 67% come from only 20%. If we divide 80 by 4 to get 20%, the same popn proportion as the unvaxed, the hospitalization rate is about 8 compared to 67 for the unvaxed. There is a huge advantage to getting the jab as any non-moran already knew.

Also, if I think back to when I taught graphing to the 15 year olds, you don't start a graph at 20%, you start at zero. Doing it your way makes the trend look more threatening, which I guess is your goal.

• Like 1

Only a dipshit thinks treatments are not being continually investigated and developed.  Intelligent folks are capable of seeing the greater value in attempts to prevent exposure as opposed to focusing on treatment after.  Misrepresenting the positions of others and ascribing to them a position they did not take is dishonest.