• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no issue with his living on a beach in Mexico. It seems to suit him, so - good for him. Doesn’t really appeal to me.    It’s his insistence that his life is so much better than everyone

To use the vernacular of some of our bullshitters, she seems to be living rent free in their heads. 

This entire thread can be summed up as such... El Mariachi and the rest of the Elk have no place in their lives for women who they think they cannot fuck.  All other women are useless in their minds. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

His GFs must have been chewing a lotta bad bubblegum while AOC was in college.

Right, we progressives are attracted to women with smarts and character - OK, looks too of course. 

That is why our relationships and marriages last. 

3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Either way you look at it, she's basically still just a Brooklyn 8.....which makes her an L.A. 6. Chick wouldn't last 5 minutes on the beaches of So Cal....our smokin' hot babes there would chew her up & spit her out like a piece of bad bubblegum.....

Well thank goodness she's in Congress instead of running for Miss California, eh?

You keep talking about who "wouldn't last" on these beaches. They sound like terrible places. Every beach I've been to in my life has been a pretty chill place, where you show up, enjoy the water and the sun, mind your own business, and maybe do some sun glass side-eye when a spectacular bikini walks by.

What do they have in California? Roaming gangs of hot chicks showing up to dump buckets of pig blood on women they think aren't attractive enough? Do the muscle men in Speedos enforce attractiveness laws and beat up anyone with a muffin top and throw them off the beach? Is there an actual bounty for fat people?

Is this your idea of a nice beach?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Pff1mYp0uDuQ8T2YKI0UQQHaLc%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Like 1
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Well thank goodness she's in Congress instead of running for Miss California, eh?

You keep talking about who "wouldn't last" on these beaches. They sound like terrible places. Every beach I've been to in my life has been a pretty chill place, where you show up, enjoy the water and the sun, mind your own business, and maybe do some sun glass side-eye when a spectacular bikini walks by.

What do they have in California? Roaming gangs of hot chicks showing up to dump buckets of pig blood on women they think aren't attractive enough? Do the muscle men in Speedos enforce attractiveness laws and beat up anyone with a muffin top and throw them off the beach? Is there an actual bounty for fat people?

Is this your idea of a nice beach?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Pff1mYp0uDuQ8T2YKI0UQQHaLc%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Oh, yeah, Venice Beach is a wonderful place now.

https://www.city-journal.org/venice-beach-homelessness-crisis

The homeless individuals featured in the article are all long-term transients afflicted with substance addiction, mental illness, or both. One young man tells Lowe that he came to Venice Beach from Washington State last year, “hoping for a new life apart from his estranged wife and children.” He appears to have no disability preventing him from working; he paints artwork to sell. He’s less a romantic artist than (likely) a child-support deadbeat who left someone else with the burden of making a living for his offspring. An older man, 64, says he’s been homeless for three decades, after “his family banished him because of his alcoholism.” The star of the story is a 19-year-old woman who goes by the name of “Angel.” She was recently arrested for weapons possession and recently refused government shelter inland, preferring the beach.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Oh, yeah, Venice Beach is a wonderful place now.

https://www.city-journal.org/venice-beach-homelessness-crisis

The homeless individuals featured in the article are all long-term transients afflicted with substance addiction, mental illness, or both. One young man tells Lowe that he came to Venice Beach from Washington State last year, “hoping for a new life apart from his estranged wife and children.” He appears to have no disability preventing him from working; he paints artwork to sell. He’s less a romantic artist than (likely) a child-support deadbeat who left someone else with the burden of making a living for his offspring. An older man, 64, says he’s been homeless for three decades, after “his family banished him because of his alcoholism.” The star of the story is a 19-year-old woman who goes by the name of “Angel.” She was recently arrested for weapons possession and recently refused government shelter inland, preferring the beach.

Very selective reading of that article on your part . . 

You could not even be bothered to read the NYT article upon which the City-Journal relied 

If it were not for bad faith, you'd have no faith at all. 

Here's a thought. All the AOC haters who really have no idea of their own about who and what she is could try some intellectual honesty. For example, following AOC on Twitter allows one to read what she's actually up to several times a day. She's a little engine that could. And she may.

But if you're used to learning what you should think about something from someone else ... well then be sure to own it when whining on the net. On the plus side, you'll find her detractors are just as misinformed as PA posters.

• Like 2
On 9/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, Movable Ballast said:

The hypocrisy of the cost of her outfit and the cost a seat ($30,000) at this event is astounding. That any of you would support this is testament to your anything with a "D" is ok mentality. You fucktards bloviate about the "good of the county" or "this isn't a game" bullshit. Your support this kind of theatrical shit speaks volumes to "it's team D, it's OK"... This is the coming out for the Democrats that they've been hiding for years. "we care about the worker", bullshit. We are anti corporation, also bullshit. We care about the African American been bullshit forever... Demographics don't lie, the democrat party is the party of the rich and this demonstrates that they (you) are fine with the hypocrisy perhaps it was even a joke...    

Please, explain how this has anything to do with hypocrisy. She isn't rich. She didn't grow up rich. The dress was a loaner. She was comped the ticket.

Are you on team "Oh, but what a waste of $35,000 just for a gala"? Like, should that ticket money instead just go to charity or something?

• Like 1

@Movable Ballastwrote . .   Demographics don't lie, the democrat party is the party of the rich 

It kinda irks me that the Dogballs Right constantly claims that the Dems are the party of the rich . . 

But then why was the only economic demographic group to support the Drumph in 2020 those with over $ 100,000 income ?? 

(Blue is Biden, pink/red is Drumph) 

What was your total family income in 2019?

Under $50,00035% of voters
$50,000-$99,99939%
$100,000 or more26%
2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I have three seperate friends that own very expensive houses in Venice

The Nation argues that a good portion of the housing crisis in Venice (and elsewhere) 

is that rental properties are being rapidly AirB&B-ized.    https://www.thenation.com/article/society/venice-homeless-encampments/

Thanks for being civil - try to keep it up. 

I don't know Venice at all. Dog Town and the Z Boys covers non canal Venice. i've been there but it seems like being in San Francisco now. The fabric is not what it was. I know Manhattan Beach a little. I used to make it a point to stay in MB when I was down in LA.

I don't know what the solution to homelessness is but I'm damned sure Republicans don't have a clue beyond it being a cudgel. Boothy himself hasn't shown any understanding of it other than that the former clients that he worked under the table for don't like it.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Boothy himself hasn't shown any understanding of it other than that the former clients that he worked under the table for don't like it.

Let us not forget the blasphemer's remark about AOC.  Rick: Ivermectin can replace cilantro in many dishes.

Homelessness therefore Larry Elder.

Mexicans therefore Shitstain.

Covid therefore DeSantis.

Trannys coming for your guns therefore Eric Greitens.

AOC wearing a borrowed dress saying Tax the Rich therefore tax cuts for the rich.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Homelessness therefore Larry Elder.

Mexicans therefore Shitstain.

Covid therefore DeSantis.

Trannys coming for your guns therefore Eric Greitens.

AOC wearing a borrowed dress saying Tax the Rich therefore tax cuts for the rich.

Gosh, when you explain it like that, it makes SO-O much sense...

- DSK

On 9/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, El Mariachi said:

mostly due to that fukwit Councilman Mike Bonin. Guy's an absolute piece of shit and has let Venice and Westchester to become 7th World shitholes.

You blame one single Councilcritter for Venice's homeless problems ?? 

And you can say nothing to bolster your "point" other than calling names ?? 

No attempt to use grownup words  ??? 

Looks like you need a couple or ten polly sigh courses. 

Here is what Mr Bonin has to say . . .  scuse me if I find him more credible than y'all 

Bonin denounced the latest recall bid, calling it a poor use of taxpayer money and “the latest in a series of recall attempts to silence strong progressive voices.” The recall, he said in a statement, is backed by people who have “repeatedly fought to stop housing, shelter and services,” leaving people to die on the streets.

“This recall has been championed and promoted by the same right-wing forces that are trying to erode the democratic process and take down progressive officials around the state,” he said.

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You blame one single Councilcritter for Venice's homeless problems ?? 

And you can say nothing to bolster your "point" other than calling names ?? 

No attempt to use grownup words  ??? 

Looks like you need a couple or ten polly sigh courses. 

Here is what Mr Bonin has to say . . .  scuse me if I find him more credible than y'all 

Bonin denounced the latest recall bid, calling it a poor use of taxpayer money and “the latest in a series of recall attempts to silence strong progressive voices.” The recall, he said in a statement, is backed by people who have “repeatedly fought to stop housing, shelter and services,” leaving people to die on the streets.

“This recall has been championed and promoted by the same right-wing forces that are trying to erode the democratic process and take down progressive officials around the state,” he said.

Yeah, Bonin’s aids “Accidentally” posted the names and addresses of the “RWNJ Recall Activists”. You know, the ones that voted for him a few years ago, and are now sick of his SHIT!  The ones who have to watch out to keep walking through SHIT on the way to and from their front doors!  

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/09/20/bonin-anti-recall-campaign-says-video-with-opponents-home-address-was-error/

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 7:11 AM, Olsonist said:

I don't know what the solution to homelessness is but I'm damned sure Republicans don't have a clue beyond it being a cudgel. Boothy himself hasn't shown any understanding of it other than that the former clients that he worked under the table for don't like it.

Boothy's an expert on homelessness. That's why he lives on the beach in Mexico.

FKT

Just now, Left Shift said:

"Live" being a euphemism.

I have no issue with his living on a beach in Mexico. It seems to suit him, so - good for him. Doesn’t really appeal to me. 

It’s his insistence that his life is so much better than everyone else’s that gets old. Quickly. 

• Like 4
On 9/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, Olsonist said:

Another recall. The Newsom recall failed, badly. How’s the Gascón recall doing? Homelessness in the US was declining until Shitstain showed up. But it's really a Venice CA councilman's responsibility.

image.png.e94240285a451def990eacde88c4db59.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/555795/estimated-number-of-homeless-people-in-the-us/

You mean homelessness got worse under TFG?  But tax cuts!!!!

14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I have no issue with his living on a beach in Mexico. It seems to suit him, so - good for him. Doesn’t really appeal to me. 

It’s his insistence that his life is so much better than everyone else’s that gets old. Quickly. 

He may well think it's true. That just shows the paucity of his imagination.

FKT

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

There's not much about his lifestyle that appeals to me, certainly not next to how I spent the last nine years or where I lived before that.

I'm still curious about what the super hot natives do to the unattractive people who dare infest the beaches he visits.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

There's not much about his lifestyle that appeals to me, certainly not next to how I spent the last nine years or where I lived before that.

I'm still curious about what the super hot natives do to the unattractive people who dare infest the beaches he visits.

Something about chewing them up and spitting them out. Sounds barbaric... I suspect that what really happens is that Rick and his mean-girl clique just say nasty things about the outsider until they start giggling uncontrollably.

- DSK

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Yep. It is totally on par with JoCal, WhateverTom, and Christian soldier AJ Oliver. These four men are obviously bright enough to make it this far and yet they lack some element of ... humility? ... to make their points and step back like most posters do. The gun guys have posted so many of the same things so many times, they both doubtless have their own index systems despite disclaimers. We've all seen Rick's family photos enough, I was able to identify a couple of surfing locations by the break without the geographic backgrounds. And the pussy. Come on. Nothing sez arrested development like a senior bragging about pussy.

These four have hit the glass ceiling or whatever limits individual human development. They are not going beyond what we read here time after time. This is their personal Everest.  If none of these men mentioned their agendas ever again we wouldn't forget. We got it!  Peter Principle meets Dunning-Kruger at the Glass Ceiling Lounge. Whiskey for  the gunners. AJ will have Courvoisier -- he loves how it sounds -- and a cold beer for Rick, por favor.

Back to AOC. She's an anomaly. She hasn't been compromised yet and I have high hopes. She has her foibles too---she's a kid and new to the game. And it's a giant, complicated "game" with genuine life or death consequences. Seriously. Anyone who thinks she's an idiot is hearing that from someone else and just not following actual real life. Is she in Mensa? Does it matter? I dunno either of those answers but she's embarrassed a bunch of people who are high on the totem pole. That's the kind of thinking on your feet that might be hard to quantify. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

... new to the game ...

The Romans had a term for this sort of person, novus homo., new man. This was a person who didn't come from a family of Senatorial rank. Think Clinton rather than H and Obama rather than McCain. People will continue to question AOC because she's a new woman. This will happen until they just get used to her. By comparison the elk will never question the MTGs because MTG is just a disposable bomb thrower. Think Michele Bachman or Sarah Palin.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:24 AM, Nice! said:

Please, explain how this has anything to do with hypocrisy. She isn't rich. She didn't grow up rich. The dress was a loaner. She was comped the ticket.

Are you on team "Oh, but what a waste of $35,000 just for a gala"? Like, should that ticket money instead just go to charity or something?

@Movable Ballast? Bueller? Bueller?

All I hear are crickets.

• Like 1

I'll confess to having impure thoughts about Bachman and Palin. MTG is several bridges too far.  

Ya never know what a horndog senior might do on a drunken night on a Mexican beach, tho. Might get more than the surf up, eh Rico?                         

Palin came up through the evangelical churches which are kind of a Toastmasters for RWNJs. I remember being stunned by her first speech, she really did nail it, but that was it. She wasn't Huckabee. After that she perpetually played the victim of disgusting liberals such as myself. I've said this before, she was the most brilliant political choice in my memory. McCain was going to lose, but she turned out the dumbfuck elk vote so that the down ticket Republicans didn't get absolutely crushed. The alternative choice was Lieberman which in itself would have violated the Geneva Convention.

10 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Palin came up through the evangelical churches which are kind of Toastmasters for RWNJs. I remember being stunned by her first speech, she really did nail it, but that was it. She wasn't Huckabee. After that she perpetually played the victim of disgusting liberals such as myself. I've said this before, she was the most brilliant political choice in my memory. McCain was going to lose, but she turned out the dumbfuck elk vote so that down ticket Republican Party didn't get absolutely crushed. The alternative choice was Lieberman which in itself would have violated the Geneva Convention.

A lot to think about right there.  Wonder if there's a tellall out there about that decision. Probably.

And it's also a Highway Sign about our nominating process to end up with JonnyMac and so many many more in the first place. Just this last time for example. Easy to argue that Biden and TFG were the worst choices on both sides, certainly on the R side.

The Met Gala is a fundraiser for the largest public art museum in the US, which offers "pay what you will" access.

20 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The Met Gala is a fundraiser for the largest public art museum in the US, which offers "pay what you will" access.

Art? Art is for liberals.

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I suspect one big difference between Rs and Ds is that Rs wouldn't be able to come up with a good reason to visit the museum in the first place. 

That's true but Shitstain went to the Met Gala 9 times and the Koch Foundation was a sponsor one year.

7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:
14 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I suspect one big difference between Rs and Ds is that Rs wouldn't be able to come up with a good reason to visit the museum in the first place. 

That's true but Shitstain went to the Met Gala 9 times and the Koch Foundation was a sponsor one year.

I'd bet the average beer-drinking TFG voter has no idea what the Met Gala is for or what the MoMA is anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'd bet the average beer-drinking TFG voter has no idea what the Met Gala is for or what the MoMA is anyway. 

Boothy doesn't like being talked about.

• Like 2

Think she took a page from the GOP play book, I'm here and If have your attention so deal with it.

Rather look at her then Ted Cruz or Mitch any day of the week and smarter then both

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Well, MoMA is about 28 blocks south of the Met, so there would be no risk of them showing up at the right place, anyway,

The Grey Lady had an Op-ed today backhandedly smearing AOC . . 

"In other words, Torres is everything a modern-day progressive is supposed to look and be like, except in one respect: Unlike so much of the modern left (including A.O.C., . . "

be very skeptical my friends 

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

The Grey Lady had an Op-ed today backhandedly smearing AOC . . 

"In other words, Torres is everything a modern-day progressive is supposed to look and be like, except in one respect: Unlike so much of the modern left (including A.O.C., . . "

be very skeptical my friends 

Indeed. It was pleasant fluffery, and Congressman Torres certainly is an up and comer in the time and place that needs one. Hafta wonder if Torres, and AOC, maybe Pressley and other smart savvy really incredibly capable folks (the gal with the white board) ... are stepping up, more by the day. I hope so. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Indeed. It was pleasant fluffery, and Congressman Torres certainly is an up and comer in the time and place that needs one. Hafta wonder if Torres, and AOC, maybe Pressley and other smart savvy really incredibly capable folks (the gal with the white board) ... are stepping up, more by the day. I hope so. 

I wish Katie Porter was actually my cousin. We do have a California branch of the family, but I don't think she's in it.

Her sister is a doctor, and also sharp as hell.

21 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

The medieval armor, and weapons.... Very cool. I used to spend hours in that section..... That and the Egyptian section...... And the fountain in the cafeteria. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to scoop those pennies out of the water w/o getting caught.... Of course that was when a pocket full of pennies could get you a good sized bag of candy and a cold coke..... Atomic Fireballs 3/1 penny. Good-N-Plenty 5 cents a box.

Best was the black licorice shoelaces..... You'd get about 10' of that stuff for a nickle, and no one would try to steal it from you.

18 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The medieval armor, and weapons.... Very cool. I used to spend hours in that section..... That and the Egyptian section...... And the fountain in the cafeteria. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to scoop those pennies out of the water w/o getting caught.... Of course that was when a pocket full of pennies could get you a good sized bag of candy and a cold coke..... Atomic Fireballs 3/1 penny. Good-N-Plenty 5 cents a box.

Best was the black licorice shoelaces..... You'd get about 10' of that stuff for a nickle, and no one would try to steal it from you.

They have removed the Carl Milles sculptures from the fountain.  I loved those running, dancing Muses and dolphins when I was a kid.   The MMA curators are idiots. 

147891-10466917-FountainOfTheMusesMetPostcard_jpg.thumb.jpg.333ef974ae5e8c1cee25616a595f0813.jpg

Have they taken the Sackler name of the Temple of Dendur wing yet?  Ooops, guess not:

Title: The Temple of Dendur

Period: Roman Period

Reign: reign of Augustus Caesar

Date: completed by 10 B.C.

Geography: From Egypt, Nubia, Dendur, West bank of the Nile River, 50 miles South of Aswan

Medium: Aeolian sandstone

Dimensions: Temple proper: H. 6.40 m (21 ft.); W. 6.40 m (21 ft.); L. 12.50 m (41 ft.); Gate: H. 8.08 m (26.5 ft.); W. × 3.66 m (12 ft.); D. 3.35 m (11 ft.)

Credit Line: Given to the United States by Egypt in 1965, awarded to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1967, and installed in The Sackler Wing in 1978

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

They have removed the Carl Milles sculptures from the fountain.  I loved those running, dancing Muses and dolphins when I was a kid.   The MMA curators are idiots. 

WHAT!!!!!?????

How could they..... Why would they....

That's sacrilege!!!!!!

Where will Claudia and Jaimie Kincaid bathe? And where will they get their spending money?

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

WHAT!!!!!?????

How could they..... Why would they....

That's sacrilege!!!!!!

Where will Claudia and Jaimie Kincaid bathe? And where will they get their spending money?

Lucky us.  

th.jpeg.6d82da8bfc9a407a9fd597a21f8a7908.jpeg

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Lucky us.  

th.jpeg.6d82da8bfc9a407a9fd597a21f8a7908.jpeg

And bad faux Thonet chairs to boot.....

This is why we can't have anything nice..... There are people with too big of a budget, and not enough aesthetic sense making really bad decisions.....

What's next? Take the Calder sculpture from in front of MOMA, and replace it with an IKEA desk set?

There was a funny (probably fictional) account of a rift between FLLW and Calder about the sculpture intended for The Guggenheim. FLLW apparently despised Calder, and the feeling was mutual. The board of the Guggenheim had a meeting. They told FLLW that Calder had been selected to make the sculpture. FLLW said: "Fine, but it must be made of solid gold!".

Calder replied: "Gladly, but only if I can paint it red and black!".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

And bad faux Thonet chairs to boot.....

This is why we can't have anything nice..... There are people with too big of a budget, and not enough aesthetic sense making really bad decisions.....

What's next? Take the Calder sculpture from in front of MOMA, and replace it with an IKEA desk set?

There was a funny (probably fictional) account of a rift between FLLW and Calder about the sculpture intended for The Guggenheim. FLLW apparently despised Calder, and the feeling was mutual. The board of the Guggenheim had a meeting. They told FLLW that Calder had been selected to make the sculpture. FLLW said: "Fine, but it must be made of solid gold!".

Calder replied: "Gladly, but only if I can paint it red and black!".

The board was obviously just star-gazing.  With no sense of aesthetic judgement or artistic compatibility.  However, I think the Guggenheim is a lousy art display edifice and Calder is pretty much a one trick pony.  So, I have no horse in that race.  

Meanwhile, I thought AOC's dress was a kick in the pants.  B)

5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The medieval armor, and weapons.... Very cool. I used to spend hours in that section.

The CLE Museum of Art has a really good armor hall 

admission is free !! 

Ah, the good old day when feudalism was great again, and nearly all of our ancestors were someone else's property. 

Cleveland, OH: Cleveland Museum of Art Redux | Diverting Journeys

Hey @Movable Ballast, still awaiting your response. Got anything?

It's incredible that there are people who've actually graduated middle school that can't tell she is a full of shit after listening to her for 30 seconds. :ph34r:

On 9/22/2021 at 11:17 PM, Left Shift said:

The board was obviously just star-gazing.  With no sense of aesthetic judgement or artistic compatibility.  However, I think the Guggenheim is a lousy art display edifice and Calder is pretty much a one trick pony.  So, I have no horse in that race.  

Meanwhile, I thought AOC's dress was a kick in the pants.  B)

Calder had many facets. His large slab steel "stabiles" and his hanging "Mobiles" were just one part. He had a great sense of humor. Look at his "Circus" for instance, and then his Braniff Airlines plane and the series of BMW race cars....

FLLW's Guggenheim is one of the most vertigo inducing buildings I've ever been in. Even as a young teenager I had to hold on to the wall, or railing just to keep from falling over.

https://youtu.be/t6jwnu8Izy0

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Venom said:

It's incredible that there are people who've actually graduated middle school that can't tell she is a full of shit after listening to her for 30 seconds. :ph34r:

In other words, you don't like her, but many do.  Unfortunately it is first past the post and you have to deal with her in some other way than vitriol.

43 minutes ago, Laker said:

In other words, you don't like her, but many do.  Unfortunately it is first past the post and you have to deal with her in some other way than vitriol.

R's hate her because she is very popular and owns them on social media daily.  Few R's can match her wit in an on-line exchange.  Social media isn't everything, but it is something.  She has 12M followers on Twitter - DeSantis has 1M.  Ted Cruz has 4M.  

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Laker said:

Nope, wrong again, but she's a sell out and done absolutely nothing.

Nothing personal, she's a goddamn politician after all! 

Gulp that down, Laker. 

13 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

R's hate her because she is very popular and owns them on social media daily.  Few R's can match her wit in an on-line exchange.  Social media isn't everything, but it is something.  She has 12M followers on Twitter - DeSantis has 1M.  Ted Cruz has 4M.  

Nobody could give a fuck what the R's think, in fact it's totally irrelevant to OAC selling out to the establishment. Rhetoric aside she's done zero for progressives. Minimum wage? nope. Universal healthcare? Nada. Talk is cheap, you're an idiot. 

Again, it's incredible that there are people who've actually graduated middle school that can't tell she is a full of shit after listening to her for 30 seconds. 

You graduated middle school, right? :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

that is all the dude has to offer . . 

sad actually 

And you are OK with 3.8 billion US tax funded deficit spending in unconditional military aid to Israel? 

You're a goddamn fraud AJ, now run along and blow yourself. 

1 minute ago, Venom said:

Nobody could give a fuck what the R's think, in fact it's totally irrelevant to OAC selling out to the establishment. Rhetoric aside she's done zero for progressives. Minimum wage? nope. Universal healthcare? Nada. Talk is cheap, you're an idiot. 

Again, it's incredible that there are people who've actually graduated middle school that can't tell she is a full of shit after listening to her for 30 seconds. 

You graduated middle school, right? :ph34r: 

Wait, you're blaming AOC for moderate Democrats and Republicans failing to adopt the progressive agenda?  That's pretty amusing.  Oh, and don't forget the Green New Deal, she is probably responsible for that not happening too. 

Just so you know, repeating your assertion over and over doesn't actually add anything to the discussion.

Glad to hear you are in favour of increasing the minimum wage and universal health care though, there may be hope for you yet. 

• Like 1

One problem folks have with AOC is that she doesn't have her whole presentation together yet and that is seen as a bug. She's creating it day by day. She has no choice. She's 31 with only a vorpal sword in a land of savage frumious bandersnatches. Then there's the woman thing. Both these are very weak arguments and damn few are fooled by misogynist distractors' motivations.  You can be great at many things at 31 but geopolitical gamesmanship apparently requires seasoning.

She's in the Bigs men and you are not. She's on the roster. Not a starter yet but she can hit big league pitching, the sine qua non in The Show. I always sit in the legends suite at Yankee Stadium. $ but you can see what's happening. When you sit in the cheap seats you can't sense the nuances. If you're scoring at home  ... sucks to be you.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

One problem folks have with AOC is that she doesn't have her whole presentation together yet and that is seen as a bug. She's creating it day by day. She has no choice. She's 31 with only a vorpal sword in a land of savage frumious bandersnatches. Then there's the woman thing. Both these are very weak arguments and damn few are fooled by misogynist distractors' motivations.  You can be great at many things at 31 but geopolitical gamesmanship apparently requires seasoning.

She's in the Bigs men and you are not. She's on the roster. Not a starter yet but she can hit big league pitching, the sine qua non in The Show. I always sit in the legends suite at Yankee Stadium. $ but you can see what's happening. When you sit in the cheap seats you can't sense the nuances. If you're scoring at home  ... sucks to be you.

'Twas brillig.....

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I sometimes wait til brillig - twenty.

Sometimes I don't.

My 9th grade English teacher had it out for me.  No idea why.  She regularly called me out, whether it was me talking (fair bit of the time) or not (fairly often).  She decided I needed to memorize "Jabberwocky".  Each day, she'd ask me to stand and recite it.  When I made a mistake, she'd cut me off and say something insulting.  

Sadly, to this day, I remember far too much of that.  And, I remember her name - Mrs. Blanton.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

My 9th grade English teacher had it out for me.  No idea why.  She regularly called me out, whether it was me talking (fair bit of the time) or not (fairly often).  She decided I needed to memorize "Jabberwocky".  Each day, she'd ask me to stand and recite it.  When I made a mistake, she'd cut me off and say something insulting.  

Sadly, to this day, I remember far too much of that.  And, I remember her name - Mrs. Blanton.

Much to be said for forced learning but nothing nice beyond it works. Pragmatism isn't popular.

AOC may burn out. I hope not. But there's a male AOC in her neighboring district ... and we haven't identified others as I speculated previously. 

My concern is that's it's too late.

4 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc, wit? S-Media? This chick is a brainless, talentless waste of chromosomes.....and I've seen smarter people stuffed inside of cannons.

You are an idiot, totally unable to articulate what it is about her that you do not like. 

Prove me wrong, and try to use some grown up words for a change. 

9 hours ago, Venom said:

You're a goddamn fraud AJ

It's sure great to have someone of your towering moral character 

keeping us on the straight and narrow . .

If nobody can pass your morality test, maybe you need a new test. 

34 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Bonin has also encouraged these fuking junkie and criminal infested homeless camps to sprout up in Westchester Park. My in-laws live 5 houses east of the golf course, and not only can they not enjoy a day there or even a refreshing walk....they can no longer take their grand kids there. 

Thanx Bonin, you criminal abetting piece of dog shit. Hope one of your 'children' over there beat the fuking crap out of you with a golf club some day.....:angry:

https://www.foxla.com/news/councilman-mike-bonins-staff-privately-requests-displacing-homeless-person-living-in-front-of-office

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8608673/LA-councilor-voted-slash-funds-police-called-cops-home-EIGHT-TIMES-April.html

AOC and Bonin look like they’d be a cute couple.  But he likes to suck dick and she doesn’t!  The Westchester area used to be a nice area.  My friends live right behind the Bristol Farms market.  The homeless that get kicked out of Westchester Park, by the other homeless, set up camp behind the market. It must be really bad to let kicked out by your own kind!  The environmentalists are too scared to say anything about the mess on Jefferson at the Bollona Creek Wetlands area.  The homeless have destroyed a lot of the area, set fires, shot each other, and there’s enough Meth there to drive a police K9 crazy!  

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Bonin has also encouraged these fuking junkie and criminal infested homeless camps to sprout up in Westchester Park. ...

If what you say is true, there should be no trouble recalling Bonin or defeating him in the next election. If.

This Bonin recall dates to June 15. It needs 27,387 signatures from his district with a November 10 deadline. Piece of cake if what you say is true. BTW, this was tried before in 2017 and didn't get the required signatures.

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Oh some of us can't wait until she is the leader of the socialista party.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

And, I remember her name - Mrs. Blanton.

I think we all remember the really good teachers and the really bad ones.

Shout out to Mr.John Brimacombe who taught a generation of kids science and physics in West Vancouver and is still mentioned.

He did use to give me heck for drawing sailboats when a class was going on and said "you'll never get a job drawing sailboats " :)

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Because the Blue voting Leftistas are the dumbest fuking idiots in this 7th World shit hole of a state. Plain & simple.....

Well, you're 0 for recalls so far. The Gascón recall didn't even get the signatures (and the Sheriff is being accused of targeting political opponents). The Newsom recall last badly. So good luck on this one.

I should add that I don't live in LA but Republicans in CA are just nuts. Really, the Newsom recall was a waste of $275M. I expect an apology.

9 minutes ago, Zonker said:

I think we all remember the really good teachers and the really bad ones.

Shout out to Mr.John Brimacombe who taught a generation of kids science and physics in West Vancouver and is still mentioned.

He did use to give me heck for drawing sailboats when a class was going on and said "you'll never get a job drawing sailboats " :)

Don’t you draw tugs?  Haha

7 hours ago, silent bob said:

https://www.foxla.com/news/councilman-mike-bonins-staff-privately-requests-displacing-homeless-person-living-in-front-of-office

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8608673/LA-councilor-voted-slash-funds-police-called-cops-home-EIGHT-TIMES-April.html

AOC and Bonin look like they’d be a cute couple.  But he likes to suck dick and she doesn’t!  The Westchester area used to be a nice area.  My friends live right behind the Bristol Farms market.  The homeless that get kicked out of Westchester Park, by the other homeless, set up camp behind the market. It must be really bad to let kicked out by your own kind!  The environmentalists are too scared to say anything about the mess on Jefferson at the Bollona Creek Wetlands area.  The homeless have destroyed a lot of the area, set fires, shot each other, and there’s enough Meth there to drive a police K9 crazy!  

Priorities! 

Apparently 3.8 billion in military aid to Israel takes precedence over housing for the homeless by a long shot. 

57 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I would love to see the PA tough guys who insult and deride her engage her in a debate on actual issues.