Well it is official, they are now killing our kids...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-15-09-21/index.html

School is in session, with unvaccinated children bearing the brunt of Delta

School is in session, with unvaccinated children bearing the brunt of Delta(CNN)With school now well underway and the Delta variant raging, Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are surging in children and raising alarm. In the United States, there's been a 240% increase in pediatric cases of the virus since July, the American Academy of Pediatrics said Monday, with reopening without proper masking a likely contributor, according to experts. Vaccines continue to play an integral part of this puzzle, with more children hospitalized and attending the emergency room in states with lower vaccination rates, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). "This virus is really going for the people who are not vaccinated," Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez, associate professor of pediatrics at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, told CNN, adding: "And among those people are children who don't qualify for the vaccine and children and teens who qualify but are choosing not to get it." In the US, where kids as young as 12 have been able to access vaccinations since May, takeup appears to be plateauing around 40%, according to the latest CDC data. Meanwhile, a handful of countries have already begun to inoculate young children, with Cuba becoming the first country in the world to vaccinate toddlers as young as 2 in a bid to get kids safely back into the classrooms.

Fuckers, they are taking out kids now.  Fuck them, Get the vax fucking kid killers.  Fuck you...  

image.gif

• Like 1

What of the children under 12 years of age? What precautions should they be made to take seeing as they are ineligible. 

Interesting to see so many teachers in NYC protesting mandatory vaccination.
I couldn't believe they were all chanting "FUCK JOE BIDEN" not a good look really.

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Fuckers, they are taking out kids now.  Fuck them, Get the vax fucking kid killers.  Fuck you...

But... but... FREEDOM!  FROM TYRANNY!  and all that bullshit.

Maybe we need a COVID colony to send them to.  I'm sure there's some island shrinking from sea rise we can give them.  Cuz they don't believe in climate change either.

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

Cite?  How many?  Compared to what total population?

Fuck it.  I don't care.  Suspend without pay and keep the selfish fuckers away from children.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

I couldn't believe they were all chanting "FUCK JOE BIDEN" not a good look really.

Bullshit. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, quod umbra said:

What of the children under 12 years of age? What precautions should they be made to take seeing as they are ineligible. 

Well, the obvious answer is that they mask up and hand wash until they get vaccinated. That happens when the drug manufacturers have done enough testing to ensure it is safe. Like they did to lower the age bracket to 16. 

Are you seriously that fucked in the head?  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Well, the obvious answer is that they mask up and hand wash until they get vaccinated. That happens when the drug manufacturers have done enough testing to ensure it is safe. Like they did to lower the age bracket to 16. 

Are you seriously that fucked in the head?  

Didn't the UK just conclude that they would not be vaccinating teens and younger?

And I am guessing you don't have children with the mask and hand washing comments.

49 minutes ago, Teener said:

Fuck it.  I don't care.  Suspend without pay and keep the selfish fuckers away from children.

Don't get pissed at me.....

and hundreds or more marched across Brooklyn Bridge and then held a rally at The Federal Courthouse in Foley Square. Was on all the NYC news channels.

Not just UFT (United Federation of Teachers).....which my wife is a member of strangely(she is a Public Health Nurse)..... the organization she works for has mandated vaccination for all clinicians effective in about 2 weeks time. Should be interesting as there has been a good deal of pushback from the nurses,  physical therapy staff and home health aides. See how it plays out. If they start firing people the union will go ape-shit AND they will lose like 30% of their employees. They are already understaffed for the caseloads they manage.

It's certainly easier, and probably cheaper than edumacating the little bastards/bitches. Hell If They can't survive, and pull themselves up by the boot straps like Trump, and Dubya did, they're just parasites anyway.....

18 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Didn't the UK just conclude that they would not be vaccinating teens and younger?

And I am guessing you don't have children with the mask and hand washing comments.

I'm not Pommie, and yes my kids wear masks, hand wash and work in hospitality. Unlike you, I can answer questions simply and effectively because it's simple cold clinical logic to do so.

Here's some more for you. Vaccine or mask deniers are dumber than a bag of rocks. Because there is not one shred of cold clinical logical evidence in being so.

• Like 3

Here Teener, from the beebs....

"Last week, the UK's advisory body, the JCVI, said there was only a marginal benefit to vaccinating adolescents on health grounds alone and stopped short of recommending it - but it did advise vaccinating children over 12 with specific underlying health conditions who are at greater risk."

The UK only just decided to get inline with the EU and US and vaccinate 16-17 year olds....

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58423152

They are not recommending vaccination of 12-15 year olds except in rare circumstances for high risk kids. And even then they are talking about a single dose.

2 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

and hundreds or more marched across Brooklyn Bridge and then held a rally at The Federal Courthouse in Foley Square. Was on all the NYC news channels.

Not just UFT (United Federation of Teachers).....which my wife is a member of strangely(she is a Public Health Nurse)..... the organization she works for has mandated vaccination for all clinicians effective in about 2 weeks time. Should be interesting as there has been a good deal of pushback from the nurses,  physical therapy staff and home health aides. See how it plays out. If they start firing people the union will go ape-shit AND they will lose like 30% of their employees. They are already understaffed for the caseloads they manage.

Not pissed at you, just pissed. 

Hundreds, former, parents, staffers, meh.  Right now 75,000 teachers work in the New York city public school district so at least 74,000 didn't protest (probably more like 75,000).  Time to make everybody safe and lock the anti-vaxxers out.

And the Brits are the same ones that have that National Health Service that republicans like to make fun of all the time..... Now they're the authority on Covid-19 vaccines..... Got it....:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

I'm not Pommie, and yes my kids wear masks, hand wash and work in hospitality. Unlike you, I can answer questions simply and effectively because it's simple cold clinical logic to do so.

Here's some more for you. Vaccine or mask deniers are dumber than a bag of rocks. Because there is not one shred of cold clinical logical evidence in being so.

I know you are not a pom.

Masks are minimally effective.

Yes people eligible should get vaccinated.

Isn't it interesting how even here on Anarchy the thought of Pedo's is one of the few unacceptable barriers . Rightly so because it is hideous.  

But selfish dumb fucks can kill or cause long term health issues for our kids as a byproduct of that uninformed selfishness.

All because they tag it as political speech. 

I'm trying really hard not to hurt the next one I meet, so maybe we should just have at it and let open war spill onto the streets. I'm nearly there so fuck it. You wanna hurt kids over your pathetic self serving political fantasies you're beneath contempt.     

• Like 3
1 minute ago, quod umbra said:

Here Teener, from the beebs....

"Last week, the UK's advisory body, the JCVI, said there was only a marginal benefit to vaccinating adolescents on health grounds alone and stopped short of recommending it - but it did advise vaccinating children over 12 with specific underlying health conditions who are at greater risk."

The UK only just decided to get inline with the EU and US and vaccinate 16-17 year olds....

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58423152

They are not recommending vaccination of 12-15 year olds except in rare circumstances for high risk kids. And even then they are talking about a single dose.

Grandpa (80 yrs. old), former Chmestry Prof is tutoring my son (15).  Both are vaccinated.  I'm happy that the Govenor or Oregon is going to keep the unvaccinated teachers out of school.  I wish like hell that she would mandate vaccines for kids too.

From your article:

The JCVI focused squarely on the health benefits of vaccination to children themselves - not on the impact to their schooling or other people.

From CDC:

• Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.

In studies conducted before the emergence of the Delta variant, data from multiple studies in different countries suggested that people vaccinated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccines who develop COVID-19 generally have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people.(157, 165-169) This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission.(170) Studies from multiple countries found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19.

2 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Isn't it interesting how even here on Anarchy the thought of Pedo's is one of the few unacceptable barriers . Rightly so because it is hideous.  

But selfish dumb fucks can kill or cause long term health issues for our kids as a byproduct of that uninformed selfishness.

I'm trying really hard not to hurt the next one I meet, so maybe we should just have at it and let open war spill onto the streets. I'm nearly there so fuck it. You wanna hurt kids over your pathetic self serving political fantasies you're beneath contempt.     

Ron Desantis decided not to accept $880 Million from the federal govt. to provide food assistance for children because...... "The schools are open, there are other programs in place that pay for kid's lunches"..... $375 a month for lower income families..... Why? It doesn't cost Florida a fucking dime, the money is already there..... Just trying to suck up to the minority/and poor hating mega-donors. ASSHOLE!

And the sad thing is that a lot of these white trailer park trash un-educated crackheads will vote for him for any office he runs for because..... Obama/Clinton/Biden/AOC/Pelosi.....

9 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Have a cupper and some vegemite, you'll feel better.

9 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Well I think the telling graphic from JCVI is this one.....
You have to question if the risk of enlarged heart sake is worth the minimal benefits.

umm, no one is vaccinating children.

3 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

You have to question if the risk of enlarged heart sake is worth the minimal benefits.

Minimal benefit? 

And what part of getting kids to take every sensible precaution until the vaccine is safer for kids do you struggle with? 

Another for the ignore list, I refuse to give any more oxygen to these contemptible selfish pricks.

According respect for one's opinion doesn't trump the fact it needs to founded on basic decency.  

23 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ron Desantis decided not to accept $880 Million from the federal govt. to provide food assistance for children because...... "The schools are open, there are other programs in place that pay for kid's lunches"..... $375 a month for lower income families..... Why? It doesn't cost Florida a fucking dime, the money is already there..... Just trying to suck up to the minority/and poor hating mega-donors. ASSHOLE!

And the sad thing is that a lot of these white trailer park trash un-educated crackheads will vote for him for any office he runs for because..... Obama/Clinton/Biden/AOC/Pelosi.....

In Wisconsin, Waukesha (a wealthy, very red area) school board voted not to accept participation in  federal program that provided free lunch to all students regardless of family income.  One member of the board was quoted as saying she didn’t wants kids to “become spoiled.”  A few days later they reversed course on a 5-4 vote that was extremely contentious. The President of the board said: 'I eat every meal every day. I cannot relate to being hungry.'

11 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

In Wisconsin, Waukesha (a wealthy, very red area) school board voted not to accept participation in  federal program that provided free lunch to all students regardless of family income.  One member of the board was quoted as saying she didn’t wants kids to “become spoiled.”  A few days later they reversed course on a 5-4 vote that was extremely contentious. The President of the board said: 'I eat every meal every day. I cannot relate to being hungry.'

There's something interesting with peer pressure in these schools as well. Our district is wealthy, but blue. They've instituted the free-lunch for all. My daughter says that 2 years ago (last time of comparison given the shit show of last year) the lunch line was reasonable. Now, daughter #2 says there's not enough time to wait in the line(s).

One thought is that the food is better. Doubt it.

Another is that "Hey, it's free, load up!" but these kids "shoudn't" have any cashflow issues.

Likely reality is that there was a significant number of kids who didn't eat the school lunch due to image. HS kids are damn image conscious and applying for the "free" meal would have some social stigma.

I think the program is great.

37 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Minimal benefit? 

And what part of getting kids to take every sensible precaution until the vaccine is safer for kids do you struggle with? 

Another for the ignore list, I refuse to give any more oxygen to these contemptible selfish pricks.

According respect for one's opinion doesn't trump the fact it needs to founded on basic decency.  

Look at the chart JVCI published. For every 1 million under 16 given both shots, 2.6 avoided  Intensive Care and 93 avoided hospitalization. At the same time 50 or so suffered from an enlarged heart sack. 
I understand you think we should give kids every advantage. Do not disagree out of hand, but there are risks associated with that.
Fact is statistically adolescents fair far better than adults with Covid. That is precisely why JVCI is only recommending a single shot for adolescents with a pre-existing condition that puts them at higher risk.

Read people, fukin read already.

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

There's something interesting with peer pressure in these schools as well. Our district is wealthy, but blue. They've instituted the free-lunch for all. My daughter says that 2 years ago (last time of comparison given the shit show of last year) the lunch line was reasonable. Now, daughter #2 says there's not enough time to wait in the line(s).

One thought is that the food is better. Doubt it.

Another is that "Hey, it's free, load up!" but these kids "shoudn't" have any cashflow issues.

Likely reality is that there was a significant number of kids who didn't eat the school lunch due to image. HS kids are damn image conscious and applying for the "free" meal would have some social stigma.

I think the program is great.

My 7 year old granddaughter is in first grade.  Her school district is pretty good, at least as evidenced by my son’s property taxes.  They are in a red area but are definitely trending blue . They are participating in the federal program. They publish the lunch menu a week or so ahead of time and my granddaughter gets to pick what days the food looks appealing. I’ve seen the menus and they look pretty good to me.  There are days when she doesn’t have enough time to finish her lunch because the lines are so long

16 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Study: Teenage boys six times more likely to suffer from heart problems caused by coronavirus vaccine than be hospitalized from covid

https://pharmaceuticalfraud.com/2021-09-14-study-teen-boys-more-likely-suffer-vaccine.html

Not exactly...

Is there a risk from the vaccine, looks like yes, something like 160 young men per million. That's a non-zero risk (of course, orders of magnitude less risk than the mortality rate)

So - the question then is, is this a risk worth taking? Well, just a month ago another study found that the risk of myocarditis for young men, if they catch the disease (when they catch it) is 37 times higher than the background rate of myocarditis.

So - the background rate of myocarditis in teens is 19/million. 

Vaccine risk is 160/million - so thats about 8x the background rate

and if you get covid, 37*19=700/million. About 4 times worse risk than taking the vaccine. 

This shit be hard, donchaknow.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Teener said:

Anybody stupid enough not to take a vaccine shouldn't be teaching the children anyway.

Just now, Nice! said:

Anybody stupid enough not to take a vaccine shouldn't be teaching the children anyway walking around without a hockey helmet on.

Or teaching children.

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Study: Teenage boys six times more likely to suffer from heart problems caused by coronavirus vaccine than be hospitalized from covid

https://pharmaceuticalfraud.com/2021-09-14-study-teen-boys-more-likely-suffer-vaccine.html

Yeah.... And according to a friend of the cousin of a Trinidadian rap artiste, the vax made her boyfriend's balls swell up and become impotent.

So we all know that young men shouldn't get vaxed.... :rolleyes:

(The real question is: "What was the name of the whore (Or goat/cow) he was fucking on the side, and has the cousin's friend been checked for STDs?"

27 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yeah.... And according to a friend of the cousin of a Trinidadian rap artiste, the vax made her boyfriend's balls swell up and become impotent.

(The real question is: "What was the name of the whore (Or goat/cow) he was fucking on the side, and has the cousin's friend been checked for STDs?"

“You fuck one goat”:P

• Like 1
4 hours ago, quod umbra said:

What's bullshit BC?

c696872d60812c560e34c7fc233d9f16

Hundreds of current and former teachers, parents, school staffers, and others marched across New York City's Brooklyn Bridge on Monday to protest vaccine mandates.

Shitlib no like. 

24 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Rem

19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

pharmaceuticalfraud.com part of the fake news empire

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_websites_owned_by_Mike_Adams

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boys-more-at-risk-from-pfizer-jab-side-effect-than-covid-suggests-study

The AHA has a good article on post COVID vax myocarditis here.

I took away a few key points. 

Risk of myocarditis after COVID vax in 12-39 year olds is 12.6 per million, And in 12-17 year old males (highest risk group for this complication) after the vax is 32 per million, with most after the second dose. That’s rare, but not trivial.

Other vaccines are also associated with this rare complication.

The background rate of myocarditis in the general population is 10-20 per 100,000 so the very slightly  increased rate after vax gives some insight into what health insults might trigger the condition.

Most people diagnosed are admitted with symptoms (chest pain, shortness of breath), and lab studies frequently are sensitive enough to show markers of injury (EKG, cardiac enzymes) but patients typically get better with or without treatment.

Given the risks of COVID to individuals and society, and believing in the benefits of in-person schooling, I’m confident my family’s decision (we’ve three teenagers) to all get vaccinated was correct and warranted.

We aren’t just protecting ourselves, our friends and colleagues & fellow students, we are protecting the systems we use and supporting the underpinnings of society.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

That un-peer reviewed 'study' gets ripped to shreds in the comments. My favorite review is the first:

Could the authors of this paper please explain why the affiliation of co-author Josh Stevenson with the COVID-contrarian group "Rational Ground" (https://rationalground.com/... is not being disclosed?

Tracy Hoeg is a sports medicine doctor.

https://www.norcalorthoassociates.com/team/hoeg.php

Josh Stevenson is a web monkey.

https://rationalground.com/team/

Alison Krug's other paper is:

Youth ice hockey COVID-19 protocols and prevention of sport-related transmission

This is some quality research here. Why don't you head back over to GA? It's a safe space for dumbfucks.
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That un-peer reviewed 'study' gets ripped to shreds in the comments. My favorite review is the first:

Could the authors of this paper please explain why the affiliation of co-author Josh Stevenson with the COVID-contrarian group "Rational Ground" (https://rationalground.com/... is not being disclosed?

Tracy Hoeg is a sports medicine doctor.

https://www.norcalorthoassociates.com/team/hoeg.php

Josh Stevenson is a web monkey.

https://rationalground.com/team/

Alison Krug's other paper is:

Youth ice hockey COVID-19 protocols and prevention of sport-related transmission

This is some quality research here. Why don't you head back over to GA? It's a safe space for dumbfucks.

Well.  That escalated quickly. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jules said:

But... but... FREEDOM!  FROM TYRANNY!  and all that bullshit.

Maybe we need a COVID colony to send them to.  I'm sure there's some island shrinking from sea rise we can give them.  Cuz they don't believe in climate change either.

How about that Hawaiian island that was a leper colony?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Teener said:

Terminate them, preferably with extreme prejudice.

No-one that stupid should be teaching children.

That sort of shit goes some way towards explaining the current ignorance situation in the States.

3 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

"pharmaceutical fraud.com"?

There's a doozy.

Probably financed by the tinfoil industry.

4 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Any health care worker who refuses to get vaccinated is no loss.

Medical science is not something you "believe in"

- DSK

8 hours ago, quod umbra said:

WHy don't you tell us what they should do?  What precautions should these kids be taking so they don't die from just from going to school?

8 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Here's a follow on question for you:  Should children be mandated to get vaccinated for the usual diseases like Polio, Chickenpox, MMR, etc as a requirement to attend public schools?  Why or why not?

I am wearing my mask pretty much anywhere I go. I am vaccinated. 
if others wish to smoke cigarettes, drive without seat belts, get ass fucked bare back, gather in large groups, smoke cigarettes, eat junk food, and refuse free vaccination help….

I wish them the best of luck.  

6 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Chart

Most of the myocarditis patients fully recover.  Not all the covid ones do.  Link to CDC study on the loong term outcomes for those experiencing myocarditis.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myo-outcomes.html

Your meme also doesn't include the number of follow-on covid cases that are prevented.  

5 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Look at the chart JVCI published. For every 1 million under 16 given both shots, 2.6 avoided  Intensive Care and 93 avoided hospitalization. At the same time 50 or so suffered from an enlarged heart sack. 
I understand you think we should give kids every advantage. Do not disagree out of hand, but there are risks associated with that.
Fact is statistically adolescents fair far better than adults with Covid. That is precisely why JVCI is only recommending a single shot for adolescents with a pre-existing condition that puts them at higher risk.

Maybe you should compare deaths and injuries amongst kids that ride bikes and kids that don't?

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How about that Hawaiian island that was a leper colony?

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

The one with no native vegetation? Talk about bareback!

That island is Molokai.  I've been there, and hiked down to the colony (there are a few people with Hansens's disease still living there), and it sure looks like there's a lot of remaining native vegetation.

How about Darcy Island?  You know, the Canadian leper colony next to Vancouver Island?  Perhaps a bit small.

1 hour ago, gptyk said:

Don't be dogging on Mexico. Doubt they want Texas back, unless all the Texans leave. 

At the present attrition rate they'll all be dead in five years.

20 hours ago, quod umbra said:

If you’re going to use the UK as a prop for your argument at least be up to date. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57888429

whilst the JVCI made that recommendation they also bumped it up to the CMOs to take into account other factors which means 12-15 year olds will be offered a jab.

One dose. At that came about yesterday that the BBC published. We were talking about this yesterday..... so? I guess I missed it by an hour or two........ the link I cited/provided above is now 2 days old.

Hurting kids is nothing new for the GOP. The lied about lead contaminating the water supply in Flint and they consistently vote against children’s rights issues, be they head start, school meals, food stamps, subsidized childcare, the child tax credit.

The only kids Republicans “care” about are the not yet born and the not yet human, and that’s because they are a tool by which legislators and church officials can exert control over poor women’s bodies.

White kids, specially male athletes, are given special status by the GOP. White teenage rapists who are good swimmers may receive a lenient sentence because the trial judge is worried about the impact of a prison sentence on them. And their parents can dismiss their son's crime as "20 minutes of action."

I think if Brock’s home was supplied by lead pipes leaching toxins into the water, someone would’ve lost their job and others would’ve gone to jail, because poisoning  white kids is a crime.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

We've had this with the gun strokers for years. So it should be no surprise that children's lives* are once again an acceptable price to pay for "freedom."

* Except fetuses in Texas. Once they are born they are fair game though.

• Like 2