Swing keel bolt/leak

Hi, I’m looking for advice on how to fix a leak from the swing keel bolt in my Northwind 7/sonata7. 
its a slow leak & the bolt is turning when the keel is raised/lowered. Since I’m new to this type of keel I need some help.

Thinking I may need to remove the bolt & replace it?

Thanks 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If the bolt turns when the board is moved, the bolt is frozen to the board. This is the basis of your problem - the board must rotate around the bolt. If the bolt moves at all, it will cause any sealant to fail & leak

The bolt needs to be removed & the bolt & the pivot hole inspected. The head of the bolt needs some means to affix it to the plate it rests on to prevent rotation. Clean out the pivot hole, polish the bolt where the board contacts, install with lots of grease.

• Like 1

Happy, The bolt looks pretty new to me . Aside from the bolt turning issue in all of the Sonata 6 and 7’s I have seen the swing bolt is glassed over either end. Try contacting the Sonata Yacht Association Victoria for help