I seek to import waypoints from the club yearbook but they are a different format to the format I see in my Zeus3s manual. Can I change the format in the Zeus? The club format is 

S
34°49.966'S

138°26.082'E

Can't you just change it in a word processor/text editor and then import into B&G? I think the alternative is manually entering the waypoints.

• Like 1

Here is the Zeus 3s manual

https://softwaredownloads.navico.com/Lowrance/FTP/Lowrance_Software - Copy/BG_Documents/Zeus3s/Zeus3S-OM_EN_988-12586-001_w.pdf

See pg. 45-47

Go to Settings/Navigation/ Coord system

Set the coordinates to the system used in the club yearbook and enter the new waypoints.  Then go back to Settings and reset the Coordinate system to whatever you desire.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:39 PM, soundsail said:

Here is the Zeus 3s manual

https://softwaredownloads.navico.com/Lowrance/FTP/Lowrance_Software - Copy/BG_Documents/Zeus3s/Zeus3S-OM_EN_988-12586-001_w.pdf

See pg. 45-47

Go to Settings/Navigation/ Coord system

Set the coordinates to the system used in the club yearbook and enter the new waypoints.  Then go back to Settings and reset the Coordinate system to whatever you desire.

Thanks soundsail. The Coord system does not include the Yearbook sytem. The S and E are in front of the numbers. I will have to modify the coords myself.

Just now, cristee48 said:

Thanks soundsail. The Coord system does not include the Yearbook sytem. The S and E are in front of the numbers. I will have to modify the coords myself.

A bigger question is: How can I import a raft of coords, 50, into the Zeus3? I would appreciate a detailed method. Maybe load the coords into a spreadsheet and import the file from a microCard? The manual does not mention importing waypoints. I need this for the 1st race of the season this Saturday where the course is called from the start boat!

This becomes more complicated.  Maybe someone else has a better method or perhaps you might just enter the 50 waypoints by hand.
Anyway,  if you decide to do this, one way is to create a .GFX file, which contains the waypoint information and then import the file into the plotter, if the Zeus allows importing files.

First check if the plotter allows importing files.

From the Home Screen, on the left border , click on Files(or Storage).

Click Waypoints, Routes, Tracks.  There will be an Export option which is used to backup the waypoints, routes and tracks to a memory card.  If there is also an Import option then you are good to proceed.

1. Shut off the plotter, insert a blank memory card( 32 GB or less capacity) and turn on the plotter.

2. As above, got to the Home Screen/Waypoints, Routes and Tracks/Export and follow the prompts to export a .GFX file to the memory card.   This is on page 130 in the manual.  Select an area on the chart that will save 3 or 4 waypoints.  Save enough waypoints so can see the formatting of the waypoints in the .GFX file.

3. Remove the memory card from the chartplotter and open the .GFX file on a computer with a text editor.  I used a Windows computer and opened the file in Wordpad.

4.Now you can see how the .GFX file describes each waypoint.  Add the 50 waypoints into the .GFX file, using the same formatting.  Delete the waypoints you originally copied and save the file.  
You will notice that the .GFX file uses a negative sign(-) before the latitude for South latitude and no notation before the Longitude.  East Longitude is considered positive.

5.Insert the memory card into the card plotter and Import the new .GFX file.  You should see the waypoints on the plotter.

As I said earlier, you’ll  have to decide which method is easiest.

Best of luck on your race.

Sorry guys, I noted the wrong file format.  It should be .GPX file  not .GFX file

I corrected it here.

This becomes more complicated.  Maybe someone else has a better method or perhaps you might just enter the 50 waypoints by hand.
Anyway,  if you decide to do this, one way is to create a .GPX file, which contains the waypoint information and then import the file into the plotter, if the Zeus allows importing files.

First check if the plotter allows importing files.

From the Home Screen, on the left border , click on Files(or Storage).

Click Waypoints, Routes, Tracks.  There will be an Export option which is used to backup the waypoints, routes and tracks to a memory card.  If there is also an Import option then you are good to proceed.

1. Shut off the plotter, insert a blank memory card( 32 GB or less capacity) and turn on the plotter.

2. As above, got to the Home Screen/Waypoints, Routes and Tracks/Export and follow the prompts to export a .GPX file to the memory card.   This is on page 130 in the manual.  Select an area on the chart that will save 3 or 4 waypoints.  Save enough waypoints so can see the formatting of the waypoints in the .GPX file.

3. Remove the memory card from the chartplotter and open the .GPX file on a computer with a text editor.  I used a Windows computer and opened the file in Wordpad.

4.Now you can see how the .GPX file describes each waypoint.  Add the 50 waypoints into the .GPX file, using the same formatting.  Delete the waypoints you originally copied and save the file.  
You will notice that the .GPX file uses a negative sign(-) before the latitude for South latitude and no notation before the Longitude.  East Longitude is considered positive.

5.Insert the memory card into the card plotter and Import the new .GPX file.  You should see the waypoints on the plotter.

As I said earlier, you’ll  have to decide which method is easiest.

Best of luck on your race.

TJSoCal and soundsail

I have modified my waypoints with ExpertGPS and created a usr and a gpx file that is saved to the microSD. The program offered the usr file type for B&G and I will try gpx in case it works. I hope to follow your directions about loading onto Zeus3s after close of play late today as boat is 75 minutes from here.