what happened to the "DON'T know shit about tools" thread?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But, he didn't say that in THIS place. If he said it, and I have no way of knowing, it was in PA, which matters nothing to most people. You're confusing places. So yes, he made THIS place more in

I've moderated quite a few websites in my day.  Legally, by allowing speech of certain types on a website, the owner of that website gives tacit acknowledgement that he agrees with them or believes th

aogzPOe_460sv.mp4

Posted Images

3 hours ago, slap said:

So is this a "Beet Down" for RBooze?

fifu

No .. can't you feel the Beet

If yer Kold try Beet Heat

Screenshot_20211013-092103_Chrome.jpg

Beet Heat Crystal's 

Great on Tacos

Of if you have a stuffy nose you can snort sum

Screenshot_20211013-092211_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Because, 

IMG_20210909_112108771_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0477011df04c27bdf45dfdcd50afd58.jpg

Archimedes

Root balls can be stubborn.   At least you didn't try a rope on the trailer ball and drive away at speed.   Those fail videos are hilarious. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, Snaggletooth said:

I gotte thisse frome Mainsheete Sistere;

MS’ Chili

Ingredients:

·        2 tablespoons olive oil

·        4 cloves minced garlic

·        1 sweet onion coarsely chopped

·        1 pound sweet Italian sausage removed from casings

·        1 pound ground beef

·        1 can of tomato paste - (6 oz.)

·        2 cans of diced tomatoes - drained (14.5 oz.)

·        1 tsp ground cumin

·        2 tbsp. chili powder

·        2 tbsp. dijon mustard

·        1 tbsp. dried basil

·        2 tbsp. dried oregano

·        salt to taste

·        black pepper to taste

·        ¼ cup dry red wine

·        1 can kidney beans

·        2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

·        2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill

·        2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

·        ½ cup black olives - halved

Directions:

Heat the olive oil in a very large pot. Add the onions and garlic over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 15 minutes. Add the sausage meat and ground chuck; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the meats are well browned. Spoon off any excess fat and discard. Deglaze the pan with a splash of seltzer.  Stir in the tomato paste tomatoes, wine, cumin, chili powder, mustard, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes at medium heat.  Lower heat to simmer add the lemon juice, and kidney beans.  Stir and simmer uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.  Add olives, dill, parsley; simmer for 5 minutes more to heat through.

now a true texan will eat it

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Windward said:
3 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Because, 

IMG_20210909_112108771_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0477011df04c27bdf45dfdcd50afd58.jpg

Archimedes

Expand  Expand  

Root balls can be stubborn.   At least you didn't try a rope on the trailer ball and drive away at speed.   Those fail videos are hilarious. 

True dat.  I licke to leave to or three feete of truncke foire leverage, choppe rootes withe pickax, hatchet, sawzalle, whatevere meanes at my dispossalle.  Whens ist alle overe, I acte licke victorriouse gladiatoire and taunte it.

"You thick you so badde ....... looke at you nowe! "

:)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

True dat.  I licke to leave to or three feete of truncke foire leverage, choppe rootes withe pickax, hatchet, sawzalle, whatevere meanes at my dispossalle.  Whens ist alle overe, I acte licke victorriouse gladiatoire and taunte it.

Ahhh... such a feeling of satisfaction.   I 100% agree.

And then there is fire.  While equally satisfying it is sooo slow, makes a mess and is frowned upon by neighbors in close proximity with their windows open in the summer.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Windward said:

Ahhh... such a feeling of satisfaction.   I 100% agree.

And then there is fire.  While equally satisfying it is sooo slow, makes a mess and is frowned upon by neighbors in close proximity with their windows open in the summer.

Go big or go home:

2021 CARLTON SP7015

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ventucky Red said:
2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Whens ist alle overe, I acte licke victorriouse gladiatoire and taunte it.

I hire mercenaries to do it.  I let them hoot and howl when it is done. 

Notte foire me, I do it, and durreng creamatione, as the smocke rises up I toaste ist spirit withe Irish Whitskey.

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

Notte foire me, I do it, and durreng creamatione, as the smocke rises up I toaste ist spirit withe Irish Whitskey.

You're suppose to cut the heart out and eat it along with toasting your conquest with their blood.  Just make sure it is not a hemlock tree/bush.

8 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

I got the cheeepest Wallyworld sawzall ($28 ) & nastiest blades I could find.

IMG_20210909_111424921_HDR.thumb.jpg.78df2b58f2e82f078722fd9bec53fd9c.jpg

dig down a bit & cut roots (not beets) 

as someone who had a winch on front of their CJ Jeep

as well as those who raced competitively long ago

I can assure you a cable is but a rubber-band that can rust

as well as slice you like a new carving knife

DO NOT try to move anything heavy while standing by the pulling end

Forget Eye Protection !!!!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

I got the cheeepest Wallyworld sawzall ($28 ) & nastiest blades I could find.

IMG_20210909_111424921_HDR.thumb.jpg.78df2b58f2e82f078722fd9bec53fd9c.jpg

dig down a bit & cut roots (not beets) 

Sorry, but the award for "most insane use of a sawzall for backyard logging" has already gone to my neighbor, and this post does nothing to change it.

He literally cleared several acres of nasty FL brush, vines, scrub oaks, and saw palmettos with a sawzall. I looked over and saw a pile the size of a short school bus and the new neighbor loading it up into the tiny trailer behind his lawn mower. I couldn't watch any more and went over with my tractor and grapple and removed the pile. He generated another. I removed it. He generated another, bigger than the first two. I haven't removed that one yet so can get a pic for the "didn't happen" crowd if needed. I might even be able to dig up a "before" pic of the property.

The sawzall is a very capable yard tool, nothing better for cutting wood at or below ground. Use it until the teeth round over, swap in another $3 blade, and keep on going. 

Above ground, it's great for tree trimming, only limited by the length of the blade and the height of the ladder. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, IStream said:

The sawzall is a very capable yard tool, nothing better for cutting wood at or below ground. Use it until the teeth round over, swap in another $3 blade, and keep on going. 

Above ground, it's great for tree trimming, only limited by the length of the blade and the height of the ladder. 

And A LOT safer in the hands of the occasional user than a chainsaw. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IStream said:

porter cable tiger saw  25 years and counting..

• Like 1

Back when I started buying power tool Porter Cable stuff was about the best you could get - your grandchildren will inherit it sort of quality.

No idea what it's like now.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Back when I started buying power tool Porter Cable stuff was about the best you could get - your grandchildren will inherit it sort of quality.

it's owned by stanley-black&decker   manufacturing shunted off to cheap chinese factory and , 

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The quality changed a while ago. Too bad.

9 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it's owned by stanley-black&decker   manufacturing shunted off to cheap chinese factory and , 

Designed by Bean Counter now eh?

18 hours ago, Point Break said:
18 hours ago, IStream said:

And A LOT safer in the hands of the occasional user than a chainsaw. 

All true, but the scale of the project is the thing. Any normal person would use a chainsaw, a pole saw, and a bush hog to do what he did. One of the other neighbors also took pity at one point and made a loop through with his bush hog. But this guy is like a one man army of ants, just gradually moving mountains a bit at a time.

Another neighbor told me that sawzall guy plans to surround his property with an 8' concrete wall. To comply with wind codes, that's going to have a big footer. Just guessing, but he'll need around 2k feet of fence. Waiting for the hand trowel to come out to dig that footer. This in an area where locking your doors is weird and unnecessary behavior.

4 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Another neighbor told me that sawzall guy plans to surround his property with an 8' concrete wall. To comply with wind codes, that's going to have a big footer.

Right before we moved in our neighbor did this..  She heard we had kids and wanted to insure her privacy..  Three weeks after we're in they are tearing it down.  Seems the city didn't approve of the 8' cinder-block wall as it was just an extension on the 5'6"' wall that was already there. 

Not to be daunted she then puts a 3' wood fence on top of the 5'6" block wall, and again is told to tear it down. And from what I understand she got slapped with a fine.  Seems the city code wants to allow for the fire department to go through yards to battle a fire if needed..

On 10/15/2021 at 8:55 AM, Windward said:

At least you didn't try a rope on the trailer ball and drive away at speed.

I've seen that one,,  "live & in person"  ( chain, not rope )

After telling him "bad idea" he told me I don't know shit.

First "pull" yanked the bumper,

Second,  took one side of rear end.

I started my Ducati & rode away.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:15 PM, DA-WOODY said:

I can assure you a cable is but a rubber-band that can rust

as well as slice you like a new carving knife

Yup,  I stand WAY to the side.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:17 AM, Excoded Tom said:

Sorry, but the award for "most insane use of a sawzall for backyard logging" has already gone to my neighbor

I wasn't concerned about using sawzall wrong.

Also, why I got the cheeepest one,, If I burn it up on the smaller (first pic with leaves) ,, I'm still ahead.

Still working after the bigger stump,, so I "made money" on it,, the nasty ass blade is even still good.

If I burn it up on next stump, I'll simply shitcan it & get another.

It's the WINCH  I was using for something wrong"

2 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Not to be daunted she then puts a 3' wood fence on top of the 5'6" block wall, and again is told to tear it down. And from what I understand she got slapped with a fine.  Seems the city code wants to allow for the fire to go across yards to battle a fire department increase the need for More funding..

fifU

3 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

I've seen that one,,  "live & in person"  ( chain, not rope )

After telling him "bad idea" he told me I don't know shit.

First "pull" yanked the bumper,

Second,  took one side of rear end.

We had a kind of similar "I know what I'm doing" experience years ago.

Two brothers bought the big property behind us, subdivided it and started building houses for themselves.

When they started digging the foundations my wife asked one of them if they were aware there was a culverted underground stream running across the land.

"We're contractors, we know what we're doing" was the response.

They weren't and didn't. They broke through the culvert and have had a sump pump running 24/7 for the past 30 years. Had to install a generator for power outages as well - the basement will fill to ground level overnight otherwise.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:14 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

porter cable tiger saw  25 years and counting..

On 10/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, Point Break said:

Same

On 10/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, SloopJonB said:

Had to check my Porter Cable power tools.  I've had them so long I don't remember which decade I bought them in.  American made.  Thanks for making me feel even older.

• Like 1
On 10/7/2021 at 1:47 PM, B.J. Porter said:

Rick was a lot of fun a decade+ ago, and I liked that version of him and we got along for many years.

Not so fond of the version that insinuated that I broke my wife's jaw with my fist, and that one of us needed to die to end her misery being married to me. At least he made it clear it didn't matter to him if she killed herself, or if I had a massive coronary while sailing offshore with her.

Does that sort of thing make this place more interesting?

But, he didn't say that in THIS place. If he said it, and I have no way of knowing, it was in PA, which matters nothing to most people. You're confusing places.

So yes, he made THIS place more interesting, and I don't give a shit about THAT place. 

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1
46 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

But, he didn't say that in THIS place. If he said it, and I have no way of knowing, it was in PA, which matters nothing to most people. You're confusing places.

So yes, he made THIS place more interesting, and I don't give a shit about THAT place. 

No - in THIS place (GA) he claimed I was a tax evader, and made a few other false accusations. That was on his initial return hear from hiatus, before I knew he was back and before I'd engaged with him - it was out of the blue.

Just because YOU didn't see it (or it didn't happen to you) doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quit giving his bullshit a pass, you're a better person than this. I can't believe you'd condone that sort of behavior anywhere. Perhaps I have misjudged you.

He's no better than JT stalking me all over CA throwing shit at me in every thread I enter. I find it hard to believe you support that sort of thing.

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

No - in THIS place (GA) he claimed I was a tax evader, and made a few other false accusations. That was on his initial return hear from hiatus, before I knew he was back and before I'd engaged with him - it was out of the blue.

Just because YOU didn't see it (or it didn't happen to you) doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quit giving his bullshit a pass, you're a better person than this.

He's no better than JT stalking me all over CA throwing shit at me in every thread I enter. I find it hard to believe you support that sort of thing.

There's the BJ we all know and love. Always not merely right, but righteous. :lol:

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Quit giving his bullshit a pass, you're a better person than this. I can't believe you'd condone that sort of behavior anywhere. Perhaps I have misjudged you.

So the question I need to ask here is; why are you so fervent about defending what you say are accusations?  If that is what they are.

18 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

So the question I need to ask here is; why are you so fervent about defending what you say are accusations?  If that is what they are.

I have been hounded, stalked, and lied about for years on here. I don't care to let libel lie unanswered.

If these forums weren't open to the public for Google crawling it would be less important. But when you search for things, posts in these forums show up.

Since I post with my real name, libel directed at me is publicly visible and searchable, directly linked to my name.

I could hide my identity, but I've never done that here.

41 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

So you're OK with it.

Gotcha.

This is something else we love you for, putting words in other people's mouths, along with your well known habit of NEVER EVER letting anyone else have the last word, and of course your finely honed sense of victimhood. :wub:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cruisin Loser said:

This is something else we love you for, putting words in other people's mouths, along with your well known habit of NEVER EVER letting anyone else have the last word, and of course your finely honed sense of victimhood. :wub:

So a simple "fuck off, snowflake" would have suited you better?

Mrs Snaggey loves thisse.............

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter

1 cup heavy cream

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1.     Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Of course it ain't libelous if it is true, now is it?

But it's demonstrably not true, in the case in the decade+ campaign of libel and harassment you've led against me.

You may have many opinions about me which you think true. I don't really give a damn about the opinions of people with of your lack of integrity.

But you have also made many factual assertions which are simply false, and could be damaging.

That this is a low traffic site relative to the rest of the internet is the only reason it isn't. So far.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That this is a low traffic site relative to the rest of the internet is the only reason it isn't. So far.

Not that I haven't met people in my travels who have read your slime.

But talking to me IRL for a few minutes and realizing I actually sailed to where we met generally clears that right up for the cowardly trolling it is.

43 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter

1 cup heavy cream

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 quart of Beet juice

12 Large unpeeled mashed Beets

Directions

1.     Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and Beet juice - simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic, mashed Beets  and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

fi4U

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter

1 cup heavy cream

1 clove garlic, crushed

Directions

1.     Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

what if you put ham in it?

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

TGOD, when coolle coude stoppe a rumbelle in ist trackes...............             :)

What a tragic story.  

That poor pathological, twisted little pervert with so much fucking talent.  

A lot of the greats flamed out back in the day, Joplin, Morrison, Hendrix, Parsons, etc.  But nobody did it in such a grisly, horrible, damaging, and pitiful way that MJ did. 

It is said that great art never comes from happiness, and obviously MJ was very unhappy.

8 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter

1 cup heavy cream

1 clove garlic, crushed

Directions

We always make our own Alfredo……it’s so easy…..although I’ve been known to use more than one garlic clove…:rolleyes:…way more…..and DO NOT buy that crappy pregrated crap coated with cellulose pretending to be Parmesan cheese. Snags is right……freshly grated. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Go foire it!  Pasta, ham, veggiese, you namme it.............                  :)

Heretic!

Why don't you just go full Olive Garden on us.  Put chicken in it for fucks sake because god forbid any true blooded, non vegetarian/vegan American could eat a main course without some kind of meaty protein in it.  Perish the thought!  And don't forget to serve it in huge portions to increase the obesity epidemic.  

It just a crying, fucking shame that there are few Americans that know what real Italian cuisine tastes like.  And if anybody says that they were in Italy in the last 30 years and they do know, I am skeptical.  It is entirely possible to find shitty Italian food in Italy in any of the popular tourist destinations there.

Y'all can eat whatever you like. Wrap your Alfredo in a flour tortilla lined with bacon for all I care.  But stop desecrating the good name of real Italian food and call it something else for fucks sake. 

Is that really too much to ask for?

12 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Porker never disappoints....

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, 00seven said:

Porker never disappoints....

Please don't involve me in name calling and personal attacks. I have no personal issue with BJ, just with his bringing PA to GA, and then insisting that I take his side in an argument about which I have no knowledge, that occured in a place I don't go. 

That "P" word belongs in PA, if even there. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, quod umbra said:

How so?
Just more of your usual deformation and de-information. It is what you do and it is what you have always done..... then you wonder why some of us give you the finger.

How about you two just bury that corpse and  move on. 

It's stinking up the place. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Heretic!

Why don't you just go full Olive Garden on us.  Put chicken in it for fucks sake because god forbid any true blooded, non vegetarian/vegan American could eat a main course without some kind of meaty protein in it.  Perish the thought!  And don't forget to serve it in huge portions to increase the obesity epidemic.  

It just a crying, fucking shame that there are few Americans that know what real Italian cuisine tastes like.  And if anybody says that they were in Italy in the last 30 years and they do know, I am skeptical.  It is entirely possible to find shitty Italian food in Italy in any of the popular tourist destinations there.

Y'all can eat whatever you like. Wrap your Alfredo in a flour tortilla lined with bacon for all I care.  But stop desecrating the good name of real Italian food and call it something else for fucks sake. 

Is that really too much to ask for?

Did you say "tortillas"?...seeing the loss of the "Taco" thread was collateral damage of this whole affair, thought this might be the place for this... just downed a plate of barbacoa tacos from a new truck in town...Faaaaark!...

20211019_125658.jpg

• Like 2