what happened to the "DON'T know shit about tools" thread?

2 hours ago, 00seven said:

You're all good with the stalking?

I clicked the back button from a quoted Porker post. Gone.

Maybe you need to do some introspection

You're not too smart, are you.

Imagine if I got sick of you slimy fucks dragging my real name through the mud, and maybe I finally decided to stop posting with it? What could I possibly do?

I certainly didn't delete anything.

Here's a hint for the slow kids in the room:

image.png.0957b2ca1480bfb5e7c3d6970dc47258.png

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But, he didn't say that in THIS place. If he said it, and I have no way of knowing, it was in PA, which matters nothing to most people. You're confusing places. So yes, he made THIS place more in

I've moderated quite a few websites in my day.  Legally, by allowing speech of certain types on a website, the owner of that website gives tacit acknowledgement that he agrees with them or believes th

aogzPOe_460sv.mp4

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

You're not too smart, are you.

Imagine if I got sick of you slimy fucks dragging my real name through the mud, and maybe I finally decided to stop posting with it? What could I possibly do?

I certainly didn't delete anything.

Here's a hint for the slow kids in the room:

image.png.0957b2ca1480bfb5e7c3d6970dc47258.png

So, what are doing stalking me lard arse? You're awfully fucked up...

You've outed yourself, you're a fucking idiot.

Fuck's sake, you're pathetic.

17 minutes ago, 00seven said:

So, what are doing stalking me lard arse? You're awfully fucked up...

You've outed yourself, you're a fucking idiot.

Fuck's sake, you're pathetic.

Outed myself? Were you dropped on your head a lot as a child?

Any idiot can tell this profile is me. Well, except you.

I'm doing nothing to hide my identity, except disconnecting my real name with the web crawlers from the lies and attacks by you stalkers.

I'm not stalking you, assclown. I'm sending a message.

I haven't mentioned your name or outed you or anything here, and I never will. You're the one who started screaming like a little bitch and posting screenshots of my LinkedIn profile. Should I report you for that? Nah.

It seems your panties are twisted so tight by knowing that I know who you are that your eyes are crossed at the possibility of your real name being used. Good. Maybe you have a sense of how much I've enjoyed your bullshit.

--

I guess it is true, the old axiom about making things idiot proof, then the world finds a bigger idiot.

8 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Outed myself? Were you dropped on your head a lot as a child?

Any idiot can tell this profile is me. Well, except you.

I'm doing nothing to hide my identity, except disconnecting my real name with the web crawlers from the lies and attacks by you stalkers.

I'm not stalking you, assclown. I'm sending a message.

I haven't mentioned your name or outed you or anything here, and I never will. You're the one who started screaming like a little bitch and posting screenshots of my LinkedIn profile. Should I report you for that? Nah.

It seems your panties are twisted so tight by knowing that I know who you are that your eyes are crossed at the possibility of your real name being used. Good. Maybe you have a sense of how much I've enjoyed your bullshit.

--

I guess it is true, the old axiom about making things idiot proof, then the world finds a bigger idiot.

You're a sad man. A sad, sad excuse for a man.

You're pathetic.

16 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Wow, I am devastated. Your opinion means so, so much to me.

So, you think your stalking is justified. You're fucked up, something is badly wrong with you.

Did you find me on your linkedin page? You're pathetic. Nice hat, arsehole.

image.png.b9b9777ef2f8ee2e7e45c336a5a4b952.png

1 hour ago, IStream said:

Or that anyone would take the anonymous internet accusations made about BJ seriously.

The whole thing is just pathetic.

While I agree that people here know it's bullshit, random people googling me for any reason don't know any context for what they find.

And when you do things like apply for jobs, pitch writing assignments, etc., people use Google quite liberally these days. I'm only 55 and I'm headed back to land, I have no idea in what context I may be searched, though I'm sure every writing assignment I pitch gets a search.

If you google my name + "sailing" the #2 hit is content on these forums.

In hindsight, it was stupid to post under my real name. On the plus side, it made meeting people really easy over the years and I've met tons of great people IRL in my travels. Having my name and my boat in public meant people walked up to me to introduce themselves all over the world.

But I failed to anticipate what a long term cancer my admirers could be.

3 hours ago, Not My Real Name said:

In hindsight, it was stupid to post under my real name.

Yeah, and that's why I don't. Not meant as a dig, just a decision based on seeing how shit went down on the old Usenet newsgroups once the fuckwits were let loose. Still a bunch from those days who know who I am IRL - @Steam Flyer for one. Every so often I wonder whatever happened to Captain Mooron...

Two legged and AJ Oliver would doxx me in a heartbeat if they could. Both are vindictive arseholes who can't abide losing an argument in a place where it really doesn't matter a damn.

FKT

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Not My Real Name said:

While I agree that people here know it's bullshit, random people googling me for any reason don't know any context for what they find.

And when you do things like apply for jobs, pitch writing assignments, etc., people use Google quite liberally these days. I'm only 55 and I'm headed back to land, I have no idea in what context I may be searched, though I'm sure every writing assignment I pitch gets a search.

If you google my name + "sailing" the #2 hit is content on these forums.

In hindsight, it was stupid to post under my real name. On the plus side, it made meeting people really easy over the years and I've met tons of great people IRL in my travels. Having my name and my boat in public meant people walked up to me to introduce themselves all over the world.

But I failed to anticipate what a long term cancer my admirers could be.

;)

Yeah, I probably should stop using my real name...

I've met a bunch of SA'ers and before that (as mentioned by FKT) older USENET sailing newsgroup(s). The world seemed like a gentler kind of crazy back then. There are a bunch of SA'ers I'd like to meet, and others I'd prefer not to. On the whole, a good bunch though.

7 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah, and that's why I don't. Not meant as a dig, just a decision based on seeing how shit went down on the old Usenet newsgroups once the fuckwits were let loose. Still a bunch from those days who know who I am IRL - @Steam Flyer for one. Every so often I wonder whatever happened to Captain Mooron...

Two legged and AJ Oliver would doxx me in a heartbeat if they could. Both are vindictive arseholes who can't abide losing an argument in a place where it really doesn't matter a damn.

FKT

Mooron called me on the phone a couple of times, never met F2F. He was a good guy, but a few others were not. Having my wife stalked by one of the USENET assholes changed my attitude about the internet. I'm not difficult to find but I'm also very unlikely to have anything important to anybody. No need to post a list of SA'ers I Would Not Take 2 Steps Out Of My Way To Meet.

- DSK

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Mooron called me on the phone a couple of times, never met F2F. He was a good guy, but a few others were not. Having my wife stalked by one of the USENET assholes changed my attitude about the internet. I'm not difficult to find but I'm also very unlikely to have anything important to anybody. No need to post a list of SA'ers I Would Not Take 2 Steps Out Of My Way To Meet.

- DSK

I used to swap emails with Mooron. Funny man.

There were a lot of assholes towards the end, for sure. I used to post using my work email address in those days, no fucking way I'd do that now even if I had one. Mind you back then the security response some hacker would trigger might well have not been to their liking...

Must send you some new boat pix. We were out in 20-25 knots the other day, bit of a shakedown with the modified drive and new dodger. Tom may roll in his grave about the dodger but I don't care. It works well going to windward under power. My GF approved.

FKT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I've met a bunch of SA'ers and before that (as mentioned by FKT) older USENET sailing newsgroup(s). The world seemed like a gentler kind of crazy back then. There are a bunch of SA'ers I'd like to meet, and others I'd prefer not to. On the whole, a good bunch though.

I've met some great people off this site over the years, and some of them absolutely wouldn't have happened if I hadn't shared my real identity. I've had people walk up to me and introduce themselves who recognized me and/or my boat name not only in the U.S., but in places like Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, etc.

I've only met one or two jerks I didn't like. I've also met and spoken with a couple of my haters. Face-to-face, they were quite restrained.

There are a few people here I wouldn't cross the street to meet, but I think the feeling there is mutual.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

There are a few people here I hope I never meet in person. Very few. But those ones are real assholes.

Use to say I wouldn't hesitate to help anyone here in a time of need...  now, I say, there are a few I wouldn't even piss on if they were on fire...

• 1 month later...

31 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

juste a bumpe.......                           :)

Did you say bOtTy pUmP??????

I met up with Booth near my place in FL for a few beers after he gave up on California. I enjoyed meeting him and chatting for a couple of hours and then drove the hour home. We connected on FB but I cut ties there after he went full PA/name calling in a discussion there. He interjected himself into a guns discussion there with a friend of mine whose partner just committed suicide. It was over the top. Booth was likely unaware of this guy's recent loss but the comments were inappropriate even in the absence of a suicide.   

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Captain Bastard said:

I met up with Booth near my place in FL for a few beers after he gave up on California. I enjoyed meeting him and chatting for a couple of hours and then drove the hour home. We connected on FB but I cut ties there after he went full PA/name calling in a discussion there. He interjected himself into a guns discussion there with a friend of mine whose partner just committed suicide. It was over the top. Booth was likely unaware of this guy's recent loss but the comments were inappropriate even in the absence of a suicide.   

Narcissism in action. I never met RB in person but back in the early days I would have.

I think something went bad in his life, and he listened to the inner voice telling him "Be an even BIGGER asshole... it'll be a hoot!" Kind of a shame.

Very sorry to hear about your friend, it's a horrible tragedy.

- DSK

• Like 1