Biden administration in a Free fall

3 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

My office iMac is running Quickbooks for Windoze as we speak. Your accountant was being kind. The Mac version sux.

The magic is performed by a program called Parallels. Runs a Windoze simulation inside your Mac so you can run  programs like QB for which the Mac version sux.

Thanks for the confirmation, and support!  Both daughters believe we are idiots for not switching to Macs years ago.  I would probably still have an Android phone, except daughter #1 bought them as Christmas presents for both of us 7 years ago.  Wife since upgraded to a newer model, and I turned in my 5S for son-in-laws 8 last year, which he gave me when he last upgraded.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it was a TOTAL success. We 100% got the fuck out of Afghanistan.

Your boy Shitstain's agreement with the Taleban stipulated closing Bagram. If you have a problem with that then take it up with your boy. The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will wit

The folks refusing to get vaccinated would NEVER respond to anything from President Biden. Never.   Their behavior has clearly demonstrated this fact and it is recognized by everyone with a fun

Posted Images

10 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Reuter-Ipsos

The latest national public opinion poll, conducted Oct. 6-7, found that 48% of U.S. adults approved of Biden’s performance in office 

Substantially higher than the 38% from the Quinnipiac poll released on the same day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-s-popularity-rises-slightly-as-coronavirus-cases-fall-reuters-ipsos-poll/ar-AAPhYoK?ocid=msedgntp 

Quinnipiac used to be a reputable pollster, but since the early 20-teens or so they've been a Republican push-poll outfit. When Trumpalos aren't screeching about how polls are bullshit ("not one single poll predicted Trump's Historic Landslide!") then Quinnipiac is their go-to propaganda.

- DSK

24 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Quinnipiac used to be a reputable pollster, but since the early 20-teens or so they've been a Republican push-poll outfit. When Trumpalos aren't screeching about how polls are bullshit ("not one single poll predicted Trump's Historic Landslide!") then Quinnipiac is their go-to propaganda.

- DSK

You are so full of shit 

FiveThirtyEight

Quinnipiac leans Dem

43 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You are so full of shit 

FiveThirtyEight

Quinnipiac leans Dem

Your old boss disagrees.

The director of the Quinnipiac University Poll is defending the integrity of its surveys after they and other pollsters have come under intense scrutiny, including from President Donald Trump himself, after failing to predict the tight race between Trump and Democrat Joe Biden, along with various U.S. Senate races.

“To highlight just a few examples, the day before the election, Quinnipiac — which was wrong on every occasion that I know of — had Joe Biden up by 5 points in Florida and they were off by 8.4 points, and I won Florida easily, easily," Trump told reporters Thursday evening, mispronouncing the university’s name. “So, they had me losing Florida by a lot, and I ended up winning Florida by a lot.”

Trump also noted that Quinnipiac showed that Biden would win in Ohio when it turned out that Trump had actually won. An Oct. 22 national Quinnipiac Poll had Biden leading Trump by 10 percentage points; Biden was ahead of Trump in the national popular vote by less than 3 points Friday evening as votes continued to be tallied.

Doug Schwartz, the director of the Quinnipiac Poll for more than 25 years, declined to give a point-by-point rebuttal of the criticism from Trump and others, but said, “We stand behind our methodology and the polling industry provides valuable insights into changing political opinions over time.”

More:https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-quinnipiac-poll-wrong-presidential-race-20201107-egy4d7x73famxhohumnariznwi-story.html

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Your old boss disagrees.

The director of the Quinnipiac University Poll is defending the integrity of its surveys after they and other pollsters have come under intense scrutiny, including from President Donald Trump himself, after failing to predict the tight race between Trump and Democrat Joe Biden, along with various U.S. Senate races.

“To highlight just a few examples, the day before the election, Quinnipiac — which was wrong on every occasion that I know of — had Joe Biden up by 5 points in Florida and they were off by 8.4 points, and I won Florida easily, easily," Trump told reporters Thursday evening, mispronouncing the university’s name. “So, they had me losing Florida by a lot, and I ended up winning Florida by a lot.”

Trump also noted that Quinnipiac showed that Biden would win in Ohio when it turned out that Trump had actually won. An Oct. 22 national Quinnipiac Poll had Biden leading Trump by 10 percentage points; Biden was ahead of Trump in the national popular vote by less than 3 points Friday evening as votes continued to be tallied.

Doug Schwartz, the director of the Quinnipiac Poll for more than 25 years, declined to give a point-by-point rebuttal of the criticism from Trump and others, but said, “We stand behind our methodology and the polling industry provides valuable insights into changing political opinions over time.”

More:https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-quinnipiac-poll-wrong-presidential-race-20201107-egy4d7x73famxhohumnariznwi-story.html

Polls have a hard time when ~ 40% of the population lies about their opinions or their intentions, because they worship a lying grifter.

- DSK

• Like 3

Polls are just tools.  Like knives, they all cut but some knives to specific jobs better. Polls measure slightly to greatly different things in different ways, it's when you aggregate them a better picture starts to show up.  First question about polling results, does it pass the sniff test? Next, is it within the range of other polls? No to either is reason to look closer.  Looks like Q is outside the range for approval numbers.

image.png.6d2c2aacf7eddeb795ba125eba889ec9.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?cid=rrpromo

30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Polls have a hard time when ~ 40% of the population lies about their opinions or their intentions, because they worship a lying grifter.

- DSK

Sounds like all the Southerners that recently booed Lindsay Graham when he suggested they might ought to consider the Covid shots!!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

Polls are just tools.  Like knives, they all cut but some knives to specific jobs better. Polls measure slightly to greatly different things in different ways, it's when you aggregate them a better picture starts to show up.  First question about polling results, does it pass the sniff test? Next, is it within the range of other polls? No to either is reason to look closer.  Looks like Q is outside the range for approval numbers.

image.png.6d2c2aacf7eddeb795ba125eba889ec9.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?cid=rrpromo

There is also the problem of "campaign consultants" who publish advertising under the title of "New Polling Data!" which IMHO is happening with a number of established polling companies.

Not a new tactic but one that is getting more sophisticated and more widely used. And another reason why people are more cynical and mistrustful of institutions.

- DSK

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

Do you agree that the way we left Afghanistan was a total success?

I fully did and do support our leaving, but it was a complete cluster fuck on how it was executed.  

From security at the airport to blowing up of an aide worker and 7 kids in a classic wag the dog response it was terribly executed.   

Even the generals admitted our status as a country suffered with our Allies 

It wasn’t done well. But there was no way to do it perfectly, probably would have a been a shit show no matter what. There were only like 3500 troops left there. To execute the exit very well we probably would have had to double or triple that number, ironically, but the whole military establishment had been fooling itself for years that the afghan troops could/would hold the fort. The pictures on TV looked bad but that’s what TV wants. We are better to be out and I for one firmly support what the president did. At least now we won’t keep losing a dozen kids a month and many more damaged for another however many years in that dump. And our status with our allies was already not high after Obama and trump.. 

• Like 3

It is hard to have a discussion about policy with those who know nothing about it, and are unable to do it. 

How can the local Right think they can discuss competence without reference to policy ?? 

Que misterioso !!! 

10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

It is hard to have a discussion about policy with those who know nothing about it, and are unable to do it. 

Almost makes ya want a find a forum where you can pontificate among equals.

36 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

It wasn’t done well. But there was no way to do it perfectly, probably would have a been a shit show no matter what. There were only like 3500 troops left there. To execute the exit very well we probably would have had to double or triple that number, ironically, but the whole military establishment had been fooling itself for years that the afghan troops could/would hold the fort. The pictures on TV looked bad but that’s what TV wants. We are better to be out and I for one firmly support what the president did. At least now we won’t keep losing a dozen kids a month and many more damaged for another however many years in that dump. And our status with our allies was already not high after Obama and trump.. 

Biden closed Bagram. airbase , abandoned the armaments then performed a forced retreat , under the Talibans direction , from downtown Kabul airport 

Biden is a clown 

8 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Biden closed Bagram. airbase , abandoned the armaments then performed a forced retreat , under the Talibans direction , from downtown Kabul airport 

Biden is a clown 

Your boy Shitstain's agreement with the Taleban stipulated closing Bagram. If you have a problem with that then take it up with your boy.

The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five (5) military bases.

The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from remaining bases.

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

Your boy could have withdrawn in his four years. Your boy didn't. Biden did. Thank you President Biden for getting us the fuck out of Afghanistan.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, The Joker said:

Total success? Tell that to those left behind, not only Americans, but the  Afghans we fucking promised to get out. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/former-afghan-police-women-being-killed-forced-into-hiding-after-taliban-takeover

Well some got out the hard way 

46F28A3A-C14A-4A65-8D45-7BEB92DF0A6C.jpeg

You do know that there are plenty of Americans who chose not to leave, should they have been forced at gunpoint?  There are also plenty who said they wanted to leave but wanted to wait until the chaos died down.  There was nothing black and white about surrendering in 11 days after a 20 year war.  Clarissa Ward went right back there after a few days.  Armchair quarterbacking is stupid.  The evacuation went about as well as one could expect despite what pussy non-military congress assholes bloviated about.

11 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You do know that there are plenty of Americans who chose not to leave, should they have been forced at gunpoint?  There are also plenty who said they wanted to leave but wanted to wait until the chaos died down.  There was nothing black and white about surrendering in 11 days after a 20 year war.  Clarissa Ward went right back there after a few days.  Armchair quarterbacking is stupid.  The evacuation went about as well as one could expect despite what pussy non-military congress assholes bloviated about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57682290.amp

A5FF4883-5BDB-4F16-A29C-8B34D971ADC5.png

The best part of reading the defense of the cluster fuck called retreat from Afghanistan is how the hypocrites that accused anyone right of Pelosi of defending Trump on every and all issues.  Now do the  exact same for Biden.  Go team!!!

51 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

So?  How do you surrender and keep a military base in country operating?  It wasn't Germany or Japan in WWII.  We kept the embassy and airport as long as necessary.

It was never supposed to have been a surrender.   But I agree it sure felt like one.  

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Your old boss disagrees.

Hardly my Boss,  But thanks For giving Steam Liar a dilemma. Side with Trump or admit he lied about their Bias. 

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:
2 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Biden is a clown 

Your boy Shitstain's agreement with the Taleban stipulated closing Bagram. ...

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

And letting a fuckload of Taliban fighters out of jail. The Trump deal with the Taliban was a real fucking for the gov't and the people of Afghanistan. It was almost like he deliberately did the worst thing possible.

Bagram Airbase took an hourly line-up of C-130s to keep it open. How many strategic strong points have there been in history that you had fly in WATER, for fuck's sake? Plus, it was in the middle of nowhere. Absolutely useless in a tactical evacuation.

But you gotta remember, the Sluggos and the Jokers are just repeating what they hear on RWNJ news, foremost of which is DEMOCRAT=BAD!!

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And letting a fuckload of Taliban fighters out of jail. The Trump deal with the Taliban was a real fucking for the gov't and the people of Afghanistan. It was almost like he deliberately did the worst thing possible.

Bagram Airbase took an hourly line-up of C-130s to keep it open. How many strategic strong points have there been in history that you had fly in WATER, for fuck's sake? Plus, it was in the middle of nowhere. Absolutely useless in a tactical evacuation.

But you gotta remember, the Sluggos and the Jokers are just repeating what they hear on RWNJ news, foremost of which is DEMOCRAT=BAD!!

- DSK

More lies from you.  They fucking 3 deep wells way back in 2012.  The area always has wells.  No one was flying in water.  
Water system upgrade 2012

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The best part of reading the defense of the cluster fuck called retreat from Afghanistan is how the hypocrites that accused anyone right of Pelosi of defending Trump on every and all issues.  Now do the  exact same for Biden.  Go team!!!

I'll bite.  How does your rose colored view of a better surrender and 11 day evacuation after a 20 year war look?

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

I'll bite.  How does your rose colored view of a better surrender and 11 day evacuation after a 20 year war look?

First off it was never an 11 day evacuation.  As many have pointed out it started over a year before.  The reason it became a cluster fuck is because Biden didn’t follow his generals recommendations.  That all Came out in the hearings. 
If we impeach for demanding other leaders lie to make a US President look good.  Biden should look out if the gop takes control. Because he demanded the Afghan President do exactly that way back in July. 

"We went to the lower aquifer," said Corps of Engineers construction representative David Hoopengarner. "It makes it so that the local area is not being affected by us taking their water from their aquifer."

You learn something new every day. 

8 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I will answer for him, "Trump and regressive RWNJ's good, Biden and Liberal, caring people evil".

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

First off it was never an 11 day evacuation.  As many have pointed out it started over a year before.  The reason it became a cluster fuck is because Biden didn’t follow his generals recommendations.  That all Came out in the hearings. 
If we impeach for demanding other leaders lie to make a US President look good.  Biden should look out if the gop takes control. Because he demanded the Afghan President do exactly that way back in July. 

Yeah I watched them.  The generals are the one's who said not every American wanted to leave or they wanted to wait.  The military isn't a travel agency.  And it may be semantics, but the actual evacuation, like "let's get the fuck out of here" evacuation was about that long.  A year before is a drawdown or something.   Again, what should have happened that would have made it better and not drag out?

12 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

"We went to the lower aquifer," said Corps of Engineers construction representative David Hoopengarner. "It makes it so that the local area is not being affected by us taking their water from their aquifer."

I've read a bunch about Bagram having water flown in, as well as hearing this from Marines who were there. If they did have wells then that makes it better.

But the fact that it's far the fuck away from anything else makes it easy to defend but useless in a withdrawal.

- DSK

On 10/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, Swimsailor said:

Joker's posts:

dog-chasing-your-tail.gif.a8e6ac2aa133b4aaa4229f8709ec597f.gif

Joker was "Born to kill" not think.

Nuff said.

3 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Biden closed Bagram. airbase , abandoned the armaments then performed a forced retreat 

So what? The decision was to leave. Not to hold Bagram. They had decided to leave Bagram. The military recommendation was 600-700 troops to hold the embassy. Biden approved 650 for the embassy and the airport, not the troop level required to hold and clean up Bagram. The military recommendation was that the 2500 troops would be able to do next to nothing:

Later in the hearing, McKenzie explained that 2,500 troops "would have the ability to do very limited advice, assist at a high level, assist in logistics management for the Afghans. But it would have been functioning at a very high level. So, that was the force that we wanted to continue to keep on the ground.”

You think we should still be running Bagram Prison, cleaning up supplies and shit? It’s done, we’re out, good riddance. Biden made the right call. The only question has been whether they should have gone slower and communicated to more people but it is clear now that they didn’t have the time for that.

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

That wasn’t the question posed. Do you consider how we left a TOTAL SUCCESS.  Just the basic fact that we left American Citizens behind proves that it was not TOTAL.  The fact that we only evacuated a tiny percentage of AFGHANS that had special Visa’s makes it not TOTAL. 

The Joker has now made it clear the standard for evaluation is TOTAL SUCCESS

His words, his capitalization.

I look forward to the gymnastics he performs the next time the Oval Office is commanded by a Republican.

46 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Maybe some music will cheer up our ever so desperate Trumpers.   It's Free Fallin so not really thread drift. 

She’s a good girl. Loves Obama. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, billy backstay said:

Thanks, but it's a new 800 dollar Dell laptop, that is lightning fast, compared to my last 3 or 4 year old HP.  Daughters tell me that I am nuts for NOT going all in on Apple and Macs.  My Accountant me told that Quickbooks for Macs does not have all the functionality that it does for Androids, so that was my excuse to them!  Accountant knows how much I hate, hate, hate Quickbooks, and said I would only hate it more on a MAC!!   OTOH, son-in-law is using the same Apple laptop for ten years and I am on my 3rd Android in the same time period, that's just not right!!

Your daughters are wrong, unless paying twice as much for the same amount of computing power that runs fewer apps that don't work as well is your kink.

An Android is a phone, not a laptop.

The logical equivalent to an Android is an iPhone.

You know, those phones that Apple got busted for intentionally slowing down old versions of and stripping features from so you'd upgrade to a new one?

Macs and iPhones, in my experience owning them, are WAY more of a pain in the ass with the updates and upgrades, and they really like it that way so they can obsolete you hardware.

Typed on my Lenovo laptop (which cost half as much as a similarly spec'd Macbook when I bought it) while looking at my Samsung Galaxy S7 (which I bought refurbished).

Back when I worked in IT and people tried to tell me I should be using and recommended Macs, I told them "But I need to work on my computer." They had an edge for graphic artists back in the 90s, but it's more of a marketing/cult preference now than any valid technical reason.

Most of the technically inclined people I know prefer PCs, and every time someone with a Mac asks me for help (happens more often than you think, I have a reputation among those who know me as the guy how can unfuck your computer)...I continue to be unimpressed.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:19 AM, slug zitski said:

Gee, he just pointed out that biden has been a failure .... the southern border, Afghanistan , Covid , inflation ...

just facts 

I know this confuses a lot of you right-wingers, but your opinions are not "facts."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

The Joker has now made it clear the standard for evaluation is TOTAL SUCCESS

His words, his capitalization.

I look forward to the gymnastics he performs the next time the Oval Office is commanded by a Republican.

No you lying asshole  it was another poster that claimed it was a TOTAL success.  I asked if others felt that way.    

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I've read a bunch about Bagram having water flown in, as well as hearing this from Marines who were there. If they did have wells then that makes it better.

But the fact that it's far the fuck away from anything else makes it easy to defend but useless in a withdrawal.

- DSK

I searched water for Bagram airbase couldn’t find anything about water being flown in.   You pulled that out of your ass or were confused on your claims.  Not the first time.  

On 10/9/2021 at 1:13 AM, bridhb said:

Don't do it.  It is an education on how half of the people around you think.

There is so much rampant stupidity in the U.S. right now that it bleeds through everywhere. So muting one idiot more or less isn't going to put you in a cocoon.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No you lying asshole  it was another poster that claimed it was a TOTAL success.  I asked if others felt that way.    

Complete failure, we republicans insist that a war where someone dies is always a failure.

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I searched water for Bagram airbase couldn’t find anything about water being flown in.   You pulled that out of your ass or were confused on your claims.  Not the first time.  

How come every time you don't know shit, and Google cannot alleviate your ignorance (or you're too lazy to bother looking), you claim I'm lying?

Projection?

Planning to vote for me for President?

- DSK

On 10/9/2021 at 4:39 AM, Nice! said:

This video has short snippets that are highly edited and appear like they could be taken out of context. It has no value without the sentences before and after each clip. This is a classic fake-news tactic, so I'm highly dubious.

Complex tool to use, but this does provide some good analysis of doctored videos and images.

https://www.invid-project.eu/

• Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How come every time you don't know shit, and Google cannot alleviate your ignorance (or you're too lazy to bother looking), you claim I'm lying?

Projection?

Planning to vote for me for President?

- DSK

You repeated that claim several times.   I produced a cite that shows there is a entire water system involving wells.   Do you even have a clue on how much water a major air base would require?   The claim that they had to fly it in was idiotic from the get go.  
but you read about it. 

You repeated that claim several times.   I produced a cite that shows there is a entire water system involving wells.   Do you even have a clue on how much water a major air base would require?   The claim that they had to fly it in was idiotic from the get go.  
but you read about it. 

Actually, you didn't.

Must have been an oversight on your part.

- DSK

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Yeah I watched them.  The generals are the one's who said not every American wanted to leave or they wanted to wait.  The military isn't a travel agency.  And it may be semantics, but the actual evacuation, like "let's get the fuck out of here" evacuation was about that long.  A year before is a drawdown or something.   Again, what should have happened that would have made it better and not drag out?

The Taliban offered to let us control Kabul.  That alone would have made the departure easier and safer.   We turned that offer down.  

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually, you didn't.

Must have been an oversight on your part.

- DSK

More fucking lies.  There is a link right in the post.  Clearly others saw it as they commented on the story. 

36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

This is your post.

More fucking lies.  There is a link right in the post.  Clearly others saw it as they commented on the story. 

No link, no comments by others.

Maybe this was on an alternate Politics Anarchy?

- DSK

I apologize for missing your earlier post. You did provide a cite and I was wrong in saying you didn't.

- DSK

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

- DSK

What did you think jsg was talking about and quoting above?

2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Cite please.

U.S. Central Command head Gen. Frank McKenzie on Wednesday acknowledged that the Taliban offered to let the U.S. military take over security for Kabul until it officially departed the country on Aug. 31.

McKenzie told the House Armed Services Committee during a hearing Wednesday that Taliban leaders made the offer during a conversation in Doha the day Afghanistan fell to the extremist group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/574509-top-general-acknowledges-taliban-offered-us-to-handle-kabul-security%3famp

and here is the excuse given 

During the meeting, the Taliban offered to let the U.S. military secure Kabul, but McKenzie said agreeing to such an offer was not in his instructions and "we did not have the resources to undertake that mission." 

The US had the ability to fly in troops to secure the city or at least a larger perimeter.   Send in a marine division if needed. 

That offer should have been accepted rather than hide behind gee it wasn’t in my instructions    

U.S. Central Command head Gen. Frank McKenzie on Wednesday acknowledged that the Taliban offered to let the U.S. military take over security for Kabul until it officially departed the country on Aug. 31.

McKenzie told the House Armed Services Committee during a hearing Wednesday that Taliban leaders made the offer during a conversation in Doha the day Afghanistan fell to the extremist group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/574509-top-general-acknowledges-taliban-offered-us-to-handle-kabul-security%3famp

and here is the excuse given 

During the meeting, the Taliban offered to let the U.S. military secure Kabul, but McKenzie said agreeing to such an offer was not in his instructions and "we did not have the resources to undertake that mission." 

The US had the ability to fly in troops to secure the city or at least a larger perimeter.   Send in a marine division if needed. 

That offer should have been accepted rather than hide behind gee it wasn’t in my instructions    

What would have been different?

51 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The vast majority of the people we needed to get out were in the city and the embassy could have stayed open to coordinate the evacuation.   
Even you should agree that allowing the Taliban to run security  a few knocks from the airport caused chaos 

Again I’m not disagreeing that we needed to leave, but whoever planned that mission screwed up.  Anyone resign yet?  

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Again I’m not disagreeing that we needed to leave, but whoever planned that mission screwed up.  Anyone resign yet?  

Whole coteries of them should have resigned at least 15 years ago.  

But you cannot grasp that because you are unable to do policy . . . 

for you, it's always "Who do we blame and string up RIGHT NOW??" 

And just by happenstance, for you it's never an R-Word-ista

The vast majority of the people we needed to get out were in the city and the embassy could have stayed open to coordinate the evacuation.   
Even you should agree that allowing the Taliban to run security  a few knocks from the airport caused chaos 

The embassy stayed open.  Screwed what up?  Spit it out, what would be different?  Resign for what?  A chaotic scene at the airport for a day and half during a surrender and evacuation?  Ever seen a Target on Black Friday?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Please, if trump had been in charge he wouldn't have let any of the translators out.  He probably would have tried to build a wall to keep them in.

In fact, the Drumphistas indeed did do something very much like that. 

39 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The embassy stayed open.  Screwed what up?  Spit it out, what would be different?  Resign for what?  A chaotic scene at the airport for a day and half during a surrender and evacuation?  Ever seen a Target on Black Friday?

You don’t even know the facts.  The embassy closed August 15. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/15/politics/us-embassy-kabul-afghanistan/index.html

8 hours ago, The Joker said:

We understood you the first several times. Quite a few folks died -- it was war-- Dept of State had an eyeball to eyeball with the Pentagon, who never met a war they didn't like. State won. Biden took the heat with just a mildish waffle at the end. We all winked with him. You seem to be focused on a couple of weeks of an eighteen year war. What else ya got? We've moved on.

If you simply must blame someone, get yerself a cowboy hat -- ya don't have to have cattle to buy one, fortunately -- and head on over to Dallas and see W. I did this just last week, and I told him Shock and Awe, while a good start for TV, should have been followed with pinpoint searing sand-into-glass events that evening taking out all leaders in the ME. 

Then we can dictate policy. As usual. 

8 hours ago, The Joker said:
9 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

This is amazing... you not only say the dumbest shit possible, but you contradict yourself to say it.

Or maybe that's not it, maybe you finally woke up and realized that Bagram is a long way from anywhere, and not a good central location for planning a retreat.

But what makes you think you know more about securing a foreign city than the general who's been in charge of it for a couple years plus prior tours?

- DSK

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

So, someone else labeled it as such, and you want others to defend that. 

Sounds like you have adopted their standard as your own.

Should we expect you to defend statements made by others on your team?

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

So, someone else labeled it as such, and you want others to defend that. 

Sounds like you have adopted their standard as your own.

Should we expect you to defend statements made by others on your team?

Yeah. Joker should probably argue with those others. I hear that they're quite willing to defend that.

Ok so we have covered Joe’s low numbers on these issues anyone want to excuse his complete failure on the border?

HANDLING OF ISSUES

Biden received negative scores in the double digits on all but one key issue when Americans were asked about his handling of ...

• the response to the coronavirus: 48 percent approve, while 50 percent disapprove; 
  • the economy: 39 percent approve, while 55 percent disapprove;
  • his job as Commander in Chief of the U.S. military: 37 percent approve, while 58 percent disapprove;
  • taxes: 37 percent approve, while 54 percent disapprove;
  • foreign policy: 34 percent approve, while 58 percent disapprove; 
  • immigration issues: 25 percent approve, while 67 percent disapprove; 
  • the situation at the Mexican border: 23 percent approve, while 67 percent disapprove.
32 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

Losers don't get to dictate terms and we lost Afghanistan. Losing is messy.

My suggestion above didn't include boots on the ground anywhere. Rather it was encouraging several regime changes at the same time on Mar 20.  We live with tech superiority. We die with token forces on the ground. 

Follow the money. My guess is Obama would have ended things but ran into the stone wall of the MIC allied closely with Mitch and cohorts and read the room.

Biden just said Fuck You! to Halliburton, Blackwater and assorted lobbyists. It was a noble gesture. Maybe that's all it was. We'll see.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Ok so we have covered Joe’s low numbers on these issues anyone want to excuse his complete failure on the border? ...

What would "success on the border" look like?

Seperating families as an act of deliberate cruelty, to discourage poor immigrants from trying? Putting the seperated kids in concentration camps with limited water and sanitation? Especially ones run by for-profit corporations held by Trumpublican backers?

Maybe Biden should not have discouraged the Border Patrol from using bullwhips on terrified people trying to run across? Maybe he should have issued more whips to CBP, and bought ads in Spanish?

- DSK

As long as the conservative caucus insists on having the border locked down completely before addressing any other concern nothing will happen.  The border hasn't been completely locked down in over a hundred years, saying it should be while reducing the resources to handle the issue just manufactures political sticks to beat an opponent with.

7 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Why hasn't Biden torn down Trumps Border Wall?  For the same reason he hasn't blown up the Death Star - it doesn't exist. 

Well that and the little that was built seems to be doing a find job of tearing itself down.

23 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

... My guess is Obama would have ended things but ran into the stone wall of the MIC allied closely with Mitch and cohorts and read the room. ...

I think Obama came in with an open mind and the MIC saw that as the weakness it needed to stage a counter offensive against the real enemy. OTOH, Biden came in with a closed mind on the subject. He said we were going to get the fuck out. And out the fuck we got.

The Russians had the same problem. The generals w