• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Republicans stopped creating policy that was popular around the time of the Newt. Then all they could resort to is nationalism, which has evolved into populism. Now they don't even create any policy.

There’s a chance that the National Popular Vote initiative will be in effect for the next election, which in effect would nullify the EC.    https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/state-status

Posted Images

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

I have natural immunity FKT, it's much better than any fake big Pharma science fraud medicine.

Whatevs.... I'll leave you to play with the joke now.

FKT

26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yes she does. Stupid non story.  She is 82 and has an expired DL. Texas law states: 

For voters ages 70 and over, an otherwise valid form of ID may be presented when casting a ballot, even if it’s expired, according to the office of the Texas Secretary of State.

She doesn't have a drivers license.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Ok playing games I see.    I thought you were better than that, my mistake  I never stated that you would need a photo ID to mail in a ballot.  You simply imagined that.   But since you are being obtuse.  I support a photo ID FOR PEOPLE VOTING IN PERSON AT A POLLING PLACE.  

Why the difference? Completely incompatible positions. But you're a republican, "hypocrite" is your platform motto.

24 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Read your own story. 

Wrong again.  It says she is very challenged to renew her license.  It does not say she has it.  It says she needs her birth certificate to renew it which she cannot get.  If she had her license, she would not need her birth certificate. 

9 minutes ago, Teener said:

Wrong again.  It says she is very challenged to renew her license.  It does not say she has it.  It says she needs her birth certificate to renew it which she cannot get.  If she had her license, she would not need her birth certificate. 

Wrong again. Way down at the bottom of the story.  Because she doesn’t have a valid Drivers license she can’t drive to get a free voter ID.  What I find interesting is her daughter is quoted throughout.  Why couldn’t her daughter drive her to get the ID?

White said obtaining an election identification is not so easy for an 82-year-old woman who lives in a rural area without the convenient ability to drive herself to the Department of Public Safety.

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Wrong again. Way down at the bottom of the story.  Because she doesn’t have a valid Drivers license she can’t drive to get a free voter ID.  What I find interesting is her daughter is quoted throughout.  Why couldn’t her daughter drive her to get the ID?

White said obtaining an election identification is not so easy for an 82-year-old woman who lives in a rural area without the convenient ability to drive herself to the Department of Public Safety.

She can't get the ID because she doesn't have a birth certificate.  It's a gauntlet intended to disenfranchise.

2 minutes ago, Teener said:

She can't get the ID because she doesn't have a birth certificate.  It's a gauntlet intended to disenfranchise.

So, if her daughter were to drive her to register, it wouldn't matter - as she does not have the requisite birth certificate.  

Why is that so hard for some to comprehend?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, if her daughter were to drive her to register, it wouldn't matter - as she does not have the requisite birth certificate.  

Willful ignorance

8 minutes ago, Teener said:

Again read your own story.  They were unaware of the alternative 

If a voter does not possess or cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven acceptable forms of photo ID, the voter may file a Reasonable Impediment Declaration and present a supporting form of ID, such as a bank statement, current utility bill, paycheck or government check.

Hicks and her daughter, Jonita White, said they were unaware of the RID process, and that without a driver’s license and limited transportation, it's difficult for Hicks to participate in state and federal elections.
On 10/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, The_Real_XYZ said:

Not much of a chance.

195 electoral votes are committed, 75 more needed to enact. I’m not holding my breath, but it would be awesome to get some actual democracy in our Presidential elections.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So her daughter has to take time off work to accommodate a new law that is purely intended to make it harder for Granny to vote Democratic.  Try using that excuse on the Walmart warehouse manager when you ask to miss half a day.   

"Well, Missy, go clean out your locker and you'll have plenty of time to drive Granny where ever you like."

20 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So her daughter has to take time off work to accommodate a new law that is purely intended to make it harder for Granny to vote Democratic.  Try using that excuse on the Walmart warehouse manager when you ask to miss half a day.   

"Well, Missy, go clean out your locker and you'll have plenty of time to drive Granny where ever you like."

Actually looking at the law that was more misdirection by the articles writers.   All she has to do is show up at the polling place and fill out a form and provide any of the following

1. Present this form to the voter, and ask the voter to provide a copy or original of one of the following forms of identification listed in Section 63.0101(b) of the Texas Election Code:
a. a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document);
b. a current utility bill;
c. a bank statement;
d. a government check;
e. a paycheck; or
f. a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address (which includes the voter’s voter registration certificate).

0CA0DE4C-7BB1-40DF-A466-5D21CB2B09C4.jpeg

47 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Actually looking at the law that was more misdirection by the articles writers.   All she has to do is show up at the polling place and fill out a form and provide any of the following

1. Present this form to the voter, and ask the voter to provide a copy or original of one of the following forms of identification listed in Section 63.0101(b) of the Texas Election Code:
a. a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document);
b. a current utility bill;
c. a bank statement;
d. a government check;
e. a paycheck; or
f. a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address (which includes the voter’s voter registration certificate).

0CA0DE4C-7BB1-40DF-A466-5D21CB2B09C4.jpeg

Why should she have to do any of this?

1 hour ago, Sean said:

195 electoral votes are committed, 75 more needed to enact. I’m not holding my breath, but it would be awesome to get some actual democracy in our Presidential elections.

I doubt any states are even going to vote on this stuff.  Michigan still has GOP control of both houses, zero chance of that happening and it's so gerrymandered up even the new redistricting commission isn't going to to do more than modify the current setup.  Don't understand why they can't rewrite the whole thing but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

"Cause if we make it hard, fewer of them will vote". Pretty close to actual caught-on-tape quotes of legislators across the country.

47 minutes ago, The Joker said:

She doesn’t need a drivers license or a birth certificate 

Once again, it doesn't really matter and they are not stopping anyone from voting.  The whole point is to make it slightly more difficult for some groups to vote and it will shave a point or two from the total.

The baseline is the jobless retired GOP voter who lives by taking a portion of my paycheck every month.  With no job they have all the free time in the world to get all these things taken care of.  Making it more difficult for everyone else can only help them.

44 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Actually looking at the law that was more misdirection by the articles writers.   All she has to do is show up at the polling place and fill out a form and provide any of the following...

Yeah, it's not like she's buying a gun or anything.

This is a right that WE THE PEOPLE already have: access to the polls. Why is Joker and his elk taking it away?

- DSK

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Willful ignorance

Agreed. But there is an option, which I provide for free to anyone in need in my area. A notarized affidavit of residence.

3 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Because of widespread fraud that does not exist.

Think of it as hurricane insurance.  In Las Vegas. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Because of widespread fraud that does not exist.

Think of it as hurricane insurance.  In Las Vegas. 

Cause republicans love government regulations.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:06 PM, The Joker said:

Yep it’s all a vast right wing conspiracy.  In order to be proud of something I would have to agree that there is cheating going on.  
gerrymandering is conducted by both sides.   VOTER ID should be required and is not cheating.  Closing polling places in minority areas.  Which political party holds the purse strings in those same communities.  Mail in ballots. Sure as long as they are not harvested.   
and finally auditing the voter rolls should be an annual requirement. 

Sad. I believe you do have an above average I.Q.  Which means that the above statement can only come from someone that is willfully uninformed. Do some research; especially about closing of polling places. You may learn something, but only of course if you're willing to. Until then, ignore you go. You've just become another Dog; another shill for the Trumpaloos, and frankly, not worth my time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Remodel said:

Sad. I believe you do have an above average I.Q. 

Average what?

Rutabagas?

6 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Republican voter registrations reached an all time low in Texas this month as Democratic registrations were booming.  ( Link ) (Troll)

FTFY

10 hours ago, Remodel said:

Sad. I believe you do have an above average I.Q.  Which means that the above statement can only come from someone that is willfully uninformed. Do some research; especially about closing of polling places. You may learn something, but only of course if you're willing to. Until then, ignore you go. You've just become another Dog; another shill for the Trumpaloos, and frankly, not worth my time.

Anyone who wishes to learn more about the surgical closing of polling places to make it harder for people of color to vote will find answers here.

That means The Joker will ignore these reports.

58 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Anyone who wishes to learn more about the surgical closing of polling places to make it harder for people of color to vote will find answers here.

That means The Joker will ignore these reports.

And jerkie-boi

On 10/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, Steam Flyer said:
On 10/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, The Joker said:

I want people more engaged not less  

If you want people MORE engaged, and more participation our democracy (goals I agree with), the you should support mail-in voting.

I'll go one further.  Let's make voting mandatory and very convenient. 

Put polling places everywhere - grocery stores, pharmacies, fast food joints so you can vote while waiting for your order.  Any place people frequent, so there's no excuse not to vote.

I'm sure the Republicans will be all in with this.

• Like 1

Trump Yells at Elite GOP Donors: I'm Not Into Golden Showers

Trump Yells at Elite GOP Donors: I’m Not Into Golden Showers 
NO ONE ASKED 
Jamie Ross 
News Correspondent 
Published Oct. 15, 2021 7:02AM ET 
Reuters/Octavio Jones 

Elite Republican donors and lobbyists gathered for an exclusive retreat in Palm Beach on Thursday to work out how they’re going to fight back from last year’s humbling presidential election loss. For some reason, Donald Trump told them that he doesn’t like being peed on. According to The Washington Post, top GOP operatives and U.S. senators were in attendance for Trump’s speech at the National Republican Senatorial Committee where he lauded himself as the savior of the party. “It was a dying party, I’ll be honest. Now we have a very lively party,” he told them, before going on an inevitable rant about election conspiracy theories. However, in a bizarre and unprompted tangent, he addressed unsubstantiated claims about what he did with prostitutes in Moscow before his presidency. “I’m not into golden showers,” he reportedly told the crowd. “You know the great thing, our great first lady—‘That one,’ she said, ‘I don’t believe that one.’” Unfortunately, Trump did not expand on the implication that his wife does believe some of the other allegations against him.
36 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

NO ONE ASKED 
Jamie Ross 
News Correspondent 
Reuters/Octavio Jones 

Elite Republican donors and lobbyists gathered for an exclusive retreat in Palm Beach on Thursday to work out how they’re going to fight back from last year’s humbling presidential election loss. For some reason, Donald Trump told them that he doesn’t like being peed on. According to The Washington Post, top GOP operatives and U.S. senators were in attendance for Trump’s speech at the National Republican Senatorial Committee where he lauded himself as the savior of the party. “It was a dying party, I’ll be honest. Now we have a very lively party,” he told them, before going on an inevitable rant about election conspiracy theories. However, in a bizarre and unprompted tangent, he addressed unsubstantiated claims about what he did with prostitutes in Moscow before his presidency. “I’m not into golden showers,” he reportedly told the crowd. “You know the great thing, our great first lady—‘That one,’ she said, ‘I don’t believe that one.’” Unfortunately, Trump did not expand on the implication that his wife does believe some of the other allegations against him.

If that's even half true, Trump is scary-fucked in the head... being consumed by personal demons that nobody else can see (or cares about) and unable to maintain even a feeble grip on reality. Any successful, capable, men would have been running for the exits.

This is really like a bad melodrama.

- DSK

On 10/11/2021 at 12:53 AM, Gouvernail said:

The once proud GOP has shriveled to nothing more than a few crazed lunatics who believe the lies of their vanquished corrupt incompetent insane leader. 
     It is the party of “ Damn the facts!! I will believe as I choose.
      Led by corrupt officials whose only allegiance is to the wallets of their donors, Republicans are finally being seen by the majority of Americans as the party of hate, oppression, bigotry, and the seven deadly sins. 
       Voters are fully aware of the endless ARRESTS AND CONVICTIONS of Republican officials as one by one their houses of cards are falling down and their lying, larceny, and anti democracy behavior is being exposed. 
      America is once again becoming a country of which honest people and our neighbors can be proud. 

About fucking time! They should have been disbanded for corruption long ago. 

32 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If that's even half true, Trump is scary-fucked in the head... being consumed by personal demons that nobody else can see (or cares about) and unable to maintain even a feeble grip on reality. Any successful, capable, men would have been running for the exits.

This is really like a bad melodrama.

- DSK

I was surprised by what he said, because as far as I know, no one has brought that old incident up. Trump had been advised of something coming down, or he is just plain off the rails loony. Either way, it spells trouble for Trump in 2024 if either one is true.

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I was surprised by what he said, because as far as I know, no one has brought that old incident up. Trump had been advised of something coming down, or he is just plain off the rails loony. Either way, it spells trouble for Trump in 2024 if either one is true.

Not with voters.

He was completely crackers in 2016, by any rational/sane standard. Trumpalos love them some cray-cray. Especially with a side of treason. And that may be his hold on the donors, if they think he can summon primary wins for his fascist nutball clique, he really can sieze power and reward them (the behind-the-scenes guys) with untold wealth and power.

That is the game here. They really think they can sweep the table, and it's fully possible they're correct.

- DSK

42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not with voters.

He was completely crackers in 2016, by any rational/sane standard. Trumpalos love them some cray-cray. Especially with a side of treason. And that may be his hold on the donors, if they think he can summon primary wins for his fascist nutball clique, he really can sieze power and reward them (the behind-the-scenes guys) with untold wealth and power.

That is the game here. They really think they can sweep the table, and it's fully possible they're correct.

- DSK

Who's gonna stop them, democRATS?  They are trying to get back to nicey-nice. They haven't yet figured out that they are in a civil war. The only people taking off the gloves and calling a spade a spade are former Republicans. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Who's gonna stop them, democRATS?  They are trying to get back to nicey-nice. They haven't yet figured out that they are in a civil war. The only people taking off the gloves and calling a spade a spade are former Republicans. 

I dunno, I think a lot of DemonRats understand the big picture pretty well. It's just that 1- you have a better chance of winning by gathering allies and 2- staging a counter-coup and hanging Trump from a lamp post will destroy our republic just as thoroughly as Trump would.

Using the "normal channels" and police are really the best hope IMHO. Especially since so many RWNJ cops are refusing vaccine and getting dumped.

- DSK

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

NO ONE ASKED 
Jamie Ross 
News Correspondent 
Reuters/Octavio Jones 

Methinks he doth protest too much.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not with voters.

If they can sweep the table then America is not worth saving.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Didn't it come up in the latest book to come out in that Melania didn't believe the story?

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

NO ONE ASKED 
Jamie Ross 
News Correspondent 
Reuters/Octavio Jones 

251F7F8F-10DD-4934-946C-07EFD3E19925.jpeg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can't help but wonder what some of his supporters thought.

They don't care.

About anything he does or says. How much evidence do you need?

It's a cult of personality.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

They don't care.

About anything he does or says. How much evidence do you need?

It's a cult of personality.

They share a common enemy, I.e. a subset of their fellow Americans.

He takes the fight to their enemy. 

On 10/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, The Joker said:

Did you really pay attention last November?  With the exception of Trump - Republicans had a great election. 

here are some numbers that you clearly are not aware of  

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?

Approve Disapprove No opinion
  % % %
2021 Sep 1-17 27 69 4
2021 Aug 2-17 28 69 3
2021 Jul 6-21 26 67 6
2021 Jun 1-18 26 71 3

Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Democrats in Congress are handling their job?
  Approve Disapprove No opinion
  % % %
2020 Feb 17-28 35 62 3

Who in their right mind has ever approved of Congress? I've no idea what this means.

As tge number of COVID infected Republicans grows snd grows, more snd more Americans are questioning the brilliance of the Republican  decision making processes. 

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

As tge number of COVID infected Republicans grows snd grows, more snd more Americans are questioning the brilliance of the Republican  decision making processes. 

I am uncomfortable acknowledging an inability in myself to muster even a modicum of empathy.

They have chosen their path.  Let them follow it to its conclusion.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

I am uncomfortable acknowledging an inability in myself to muster even a modicum of empathy.

They have chosen their path.  Let them follow it to its conclusion.

I was like that some time back.

Not for a few months now though.

Now I say fuck'em.

We're now paying to fly them around to ER's with room for them - $20 grand a pop.

I say make them pay - up front - or send them home and let God provide.

19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I was like that some time back.

Not for a few months now though.

Now I say fuck'em.

We're now paying to fly them around to ER's with room for them - $20 grand a pop.

I say make them pay - up front - or send them home and let God provide.

I'm more generous.

They should get a golden drumpster toe to kiss.  As long as they pay for delusion.  Postage and handling is extra.

10 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Lost the last POTUS ELECTION BY 7,000,000 votes and refuse to admit it??

losers!!!

But, he didn't.  Every vote that wasn't for him was fraudulent.  He just KNOWS it.

Of course, he has no actual evidence.  But, he KNOWS it.

That's just part of being a "Jenius".

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

But, he didn't.  Every vote that wasn't for him was fraudulent.  He just KNOWS it.

Of course, he has no actual evidence.  But, he KNOWS it.

That's just part of being a "Jenius".

That's just part of being a lying sociopathic fruitcake.

The consortium of stupid, gullible, rich, selfish, and hateful is finally being recognized by some of the cult. 
the total demise of Republicanism is coming soon 

39 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

The consortium of stupid, gullible, rich, selfish, and hateful is finally being recognized by some of the cult. 

We can think that, but I’m not convinced. I will not be surprised if Republicans take Congress next fall. Of course, it will all be  fake as we know voting is all a sham.

49 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

That will not happen unless the entire Dem party runs on the corruption and threat to democracy that the (insert scary R-word) represents. 

Texas gov abbot is about to sign a law barring girls from playing boys sports . The Republican loonies are soooo proud of themselves they are having a special ceremony  

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Texas gov abbot is about to sign a law barring girls from playing boys sports . The Republican loonies are soooo proud of themselves they are having a special ceremony  

Luckily most of the rest of the english speaking world considers gridiron a girls sport due to all the padding that the delicate flowers need to wear.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Luckily most of the rest of the english speaking world considers gridiron a girls sport due to all the padding that the delicate flowers need to wear.

I heard one of the old timers, maybe Namath, saying that they didn't have good helmets back in the day.

Then they got better helmets and guys started using their heads as weapons. Now they have brain injuries.

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Some  countries are too stupid to protect players.

A senior neuroscientist from Australia's sports brain bank says more than 80 per cent of the 162 retired VFL/AFL players he has tested were suffering from a form of brain damage.Apr 16, 2021 https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fnews%2Fneuroscientist-reveals-alarming-results-from-concussion-study-on-retired-vflafl-players%2Fnews-story%2Fe51ffe9937bb1f48af648241d740d020&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

31 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

I heard one of the old timers, maybe Namath, saying that they didn't have good helmets back in the day.

Then they got better helmets and guys started using their heads as weapons. Now they have brain injuries.

That's pretty much exactly what happened. Football (American) players did not slam their heads into each other back then, the way they do now.

Part of it is enabled by equipment, part of it is high-speed camera analysis of play and specialized coaching, so that players are able to and encouraged to smash their heads into each other much harder than before.

One of the flaws of capitalism: profitability of sadistic spectacles.

- DSK

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Some  countries are too stupid to protect players.

A senior neuroscientist from Australia's sports brain bank says more than 80 per cent of the 162 retired VFL/AFL players he has tested were suffering from a form of brain damage.

That's probably a lower percentage than those who are suffering from brain damage when they think it's a good idea to start playing...

http://westfieldcomics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Pep-124.jpg

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

http://westfieldcomics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Pep-124.jpg

Duhhhh.... Sorry.... It won't Duh..... Load or nuthin'.....

Brits are doing their own investigation. House of Commons.

it seems every one testifying says, “When Trump made the deal to get out, there was nothing anybody could do about the situation he created.”

fucking Republicans anyway!!! 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, Gouvernail said:

A consummation devoutly to be wished, however the rich and powerful do no give up wealth or power easily.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:08 AM, Gouvernail said:

Lol.