What is wrong with the USA?!?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters.

One of the better articles on what conservatism is and why it's going in destructive directions for a democratic republic. The T-Rumplicans really want to take the US back to the Gilded Age with it's

He knows that.  It's just a game he likes to play.  Many of them do that. Not worth your time to state the obvious to a disingenuous poster.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, The Joker said:
47 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

While you may not, there are a lot of folks who do.  If you care about this country, that should concern you.

Well I did a bit of research and it was not Trump calling for a civil war it was someone at the rally interviewed by MSNBC.  DO YOU THINK THEY MIGHT HAVE AN AGENDA?  ( perhaps you could play internet fact checker with that poster )

I think you both would be surprised at what that attendee actually said. 

Trump held a rally at the Iowa State Fairground in Des Moines on Saturday. At the event, Trump supporter Lori Levi told MSNBC that she believes the U.S. is headed for a "civil war." Levi criticized Democrats and Republicans, saying most members of the GOP are "as weak as they possibly could be in Congress."

"They're establishment. They don't care about the American people because they're in their elite little tower," she said. "So we're just sick of it, you know, and we're not going to take it anymore. I see a civil war coming. I do. I see civil war coming."

Do take the time to find where I claimed he said that.  Take your time.  I'll wait.

Oh, fuck it.  Never mind.  I never said that.  I responded to you saying you don't pay attention to what he says.

Of course, I am sure you'll see nothing wrong with how The Former Guy re-Tweeted about a Civil war, right?

19 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I get that to a point,  I’m fully vaccinated  and as I’ve said prior I work in the community to get people informed on why they should get the vaccine.   I think a mandate is fine once they all have FDA approval.  So far only Pfizer has made the cut.  And yes I do not understand what the hold up is.  Fucking largest test of any vaccine in history.   Unfortunately. They are giving the reluctant an excuse.   

edit: actually you made some very valid comparisons.  I will rethink my position on that and will use that in my community conversations .  After they all are FDA approved  

Thanks. It’s amazing how a rational discussion and use of facts actually advances a good narrative. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I wouldn’t know because I really don’t give a fuck on what he says. 

Most of the republican party is backing him.  If he pulls his fraud crap in 2024 it will probably work.  If REPUBLICANs do not start speaking again him he is going to be king.

14 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

What is wrong with the USA? I nominate Comrade Joker as exhibits A thru Z.

Nah, I think joker means well. There are far worse here. jzk, venom, sea biscuit and a few others come to mind. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Most of the republican party is backing him.  If he pulls his fraud crap in 2024 it will probably work.  If REPUBLICANs do not start speaking again him he is going to be king.

Most of what’s left of the R party. I think there’s been a flood gate opened of people who have fled. At least wrt to tfg. They might still prefer R critters but would never vote for TFG again. A lot of people like me know he’s poison. 

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Most of what’s left of the R party. I think there’s been a flood gate opened of people who have fled. At least wrt to tfg. They might still prefer R critters but would never vote for TFG again. A lot of people like me know he’s poison. 

Exactly. But some here will never understand that.  

33 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I get that to a point,  I’m fully vaccinated  and as I’ve said prior I work in the community to get people informed on why they should get the vaccine.   I think a mandate is fine once they all have FDA approval.  So far only Pfizer has made the cut.  And yes I do not understand what the hold up is.  Fucking largest test of any vaccine in history.   Unfortunately. They are giving the reluctant an excuse.   

edit: actually you made some very valid comparisons.  I will rethink my position on that and will use that in my community conversations .  After they all are FDA approved  

You work in the community to get people informed. No, Pfizer is not the only COVID vaccine to get FDA approval. Moderna is as well and I'd never heard of Janssen but then I don't work in the community to get people informed. Anything else you want to bullshit about?

image.png.df010f20a4d2ab306bc3c02871a86586.png

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

He sure seems to hold sway with throngs of disaffected white folks.  Same with Republican politicians.  To pretend he doesn't have that power is like pretending he wouldn't be elected in 2016.  Lots of folks predicted he could never win.  And, yet.....

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He sure seems to hold sway with throngs of disaffected white folks.  Same with Republican politicians.  To pretend he doesn't have that power is like pretending he wouldn't be elected in 2016.  Lots of folks predicted he could never win.  And, yet.....

I’m not in anyway saying he couldn’t win. I made that mistake in 2015. I assumed there were more rational people in this country than not. But I was proven wrong.

Yes TFG remains a huge threat to our democracy. And we shouldn’t take anything for granted or assume it couldn’t happen. I’m fact I think another term would embolden him to take action on some of his worst impulses. Scary!

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

They won't have to vote for him again, the R machine at the state level will fix that little problem.

28 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You work in the community to get people informed. No, Pfizer is not the only COVID vaccine to get FDA approval. Moderna is as well and I'd never heard of Janssen but then I don't work in the community to get people informed. Anything else you want to bullshit about?

image.png.df010f20a4d2ab306bc3c02871a86586.png

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

Your slamming me and have never heard of the one dose Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine?   It’s not bullshit.  All three should have full FDA approval by now, not just emergency status.  And to repeat ONLY Pfizer has full FDA approval. 

40 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Trump got more votes in 2020 that he did in 2016.

Entirely too many people think he's GREAT!!

And the Jan 6th insurrection is a blueprint for next time.

- DSK

28 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why is it BS?

The essence of bullshit is to make claims which could be true but which are difficult to disprove and then construct something out that. That difficult to disprove part puts the burden on the recipient of the bullshit. I don't trust Joker for shit. He's like warmed over Dog.

This is regulatory hesitancy, using regulations to justify your hesitancy, or in Joker's case, justify other people's hesitancy. It's higher brow than Bill Gates microchip nonsense but not much.

19 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Ive posted here numerous times that hands and feet kill far more in the US than Assault rifles. Like double almost iirc. But does @jocal505 listen??  Noooo

The argument falls on deaf ears at Sandy Hook elementary too.  

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The essence of bullshit is to make claims which could be true but which are difficult to disprove and then construct something out that. That difficult to disprove part puts the burden on the recipient of the bullshit. I don't trust Joker for shit. He's like warmed over Dog.

This is regulatory hesitancy, using regulations to justify your hesitancy, or in Joker's case, justify other people's hesitancy. It's higher brow than Bill Gates microchip nonsense but not much.

So you think I’m making it up that people are stating they don’t want to get poked with an emergency use Vaccine?   My comment didn’t involve you,  yet you who never heard of Johnson and Johnson, or were too lazy to research it  is throwing shade on what I said.  YCMTSU 

Just now, Olsonist said:

No, I'd never heard of Janssen which is apparently a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary. Yeah, throwing shade because you're not credible.

Yep that’s the ticket.  Even someone with basic knowledge should have figured that out. But hey I’m not credible simply because I offered one of the excuses being used by those reluctant to get the shot.    One of the other ones is a fear of sterilization.  I believe that started on FB and is one of the main reasons given by 20-35 year old woman of Eastern European descent.    African Americans have a justified historic  fear of anything medical being demanded by the federal government.    And there will always be some that reject it for political reasons like Kamala. 
yeah that last one is a troll.   Backed up with facts,  but a troll none the less 

3 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

How many million votes did trumpy lose by last attempt?

Just a few states choosing to let the state legislature choose electors is all it would take.

Don't think they aren't trying to do just that.

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yep that’s the ticket.  Even someone with basic knowledge should have figured that out. But hey I’m not credible simply because I offered one of the excuses being used by those reluctant to get the shot.    One of the other ones is a fear of sterilization.  I believe that started on FB and is one of the main reasons given by 20-35 year old woman of Eastern European descent.    African Americans have a justified historic  fear of anything medical being demanded by the federal government.    And there will always be some that reject it for political reasons like Kamala. 
yeah that last one is a troll.   Backed up with facts,  but a troll none the less 

That's nice and I still hadn't heard of Janssen. The Eastern European woman on FB sounds par for the course, well, your course. Keep trotting out factoids that you can spin.

What's this 'fact' nonsense about Kamala Harris?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-kamala-harris-covid-vaccina/fact-check-footage-shows-kamala-harris-receiving-covid-19-vaccination-idUSKBN29A2K7

34 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's nice and I still hadn't heard of Janssen. The Eastern European woman on FB sounds par for the course, well, your course. Keep trotting out factoids that you can spin.

What's this 'fact' nonsense about Kamala Harris?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-kamala-harris-covid-vaccina/fact-check-footage-shows-kamala-harris-receiving-covid-19-vaccination-idUSKBN29A2K7

I didn’t mean to imply she didn’t get the shot.   I said some play politics.  I believe she said   If Donald Trump says to take it NO.   So now Biden is demanding Americans take it and some are refusing to take it because they don’t trust him.  In both cases it’s reluctance because of who is demanding or in Kamala’s  case who might have demanded they take it. 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t say she didn’t get the shot.   I said some play politics.  I believe she said   If Donald Trump says to take it NO.   So now Biden is demanding Americans take it and some are refusing to take it because they don’t trust him.  In both cases it’s reluctance because of who is demanding or in Kampala’s  case who might have demanded they take it. 

Not that you'll watch it, but the video I shared has exactly what she said.

Given what we know about The Former Guy, would YOU take his advice?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Birds of a feather...

mqsxkvf68sb51.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Birds of a feather...

mqsxkvf68sb51.jpg

I seriously doubt the Joker will answer my question.  He is on record claiming he does not support The Former Guy and has said, in so many words, he is untrustworthy.  If he answers the question he has to either take the position The Former Guy is trustworthy or agree with VP Harris.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Last post to you. Tired of your predicting what I say, believe or know and your loaded questions.    I got my vaccine in January. I would have gotten it regardless of who won in November.   

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

So you think I’m making it up that people are stating they don’t want to get poked with an emergency use Vaccine?   My comment didn’t involve you,  yet you who never heard of Johnson and Johnson, or were too lazy to research it  is throwing shade on what I said.  YCMTSU 

Of course "people" are hesitant because the RightWingNoiseMachine is on full-tilt crazy - saying "how could you take an EMERGENCY authorized vaccine?!?!"

28 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Here's a classic example of what's wrong with at least part of the USA.

Blatant stupidity.

Under the general subject of blatant stupidity and YCMTSU, the cops arrested a couple Pagans for beating someone nearly to death in Spaulding...

The Spalding County Sheriff’s Office has taken into custody two motorcycle club members suspected of severely beating a man in a May 2021 fight at Big Jim’s Wing Shack.

Deputies responded to the May 1 call in reference to a fight, and upon arrival, located a man who had been critically injured.

“According to witnesses, several members of the 1% Pagans Outlaw motorcycle gang entered the business as the victim and his friend were singing karaoke. One of the Pagan Outlaws started a fight with the victim and when it was over the victim was left severely beaten, suffering a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain,” said Sheriff Darrell Dix. “The suspects then ran before the responding deputies arrived.”

Turns out one of them is the Pagan chapter president for WA and OR, and... 

The suspects were identified as 40-year-old Dustin Wendelin, of 131 SE 3rd Avenue, Milton-Freewater, Ore., and 29-year-old Charles Montgomery, of 84283 Highway 339, Milton-Freewater, Ore.

Officials say Wendelin and Montgomery are active members of the Pagans Motorcycle Club.

Investigators also learned that Wendelin, who was allegedly serving as the chapter president of the Pagan’s territories in Washington State and Oregon, has been employed as a correctional officer at the Washington State Penitentiary facility since 2011.

https://the-grip.net/2021/10/08/two-suspects-arrested-for-may-fight-at-local-restaurant-that-left-man-critically-injured/

15 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Of course "people" are hesitant because the RightWingNoiseMachine is on full-tilt crazy - saying "how could you take an EMERGENCY authorized vaccine?!?!"

Yep because two of the largest groups reluctant to get the shot, African Americans and Latinos listen to the right wing noise machine.   Educate yourself 

US Blacks and Latinos remain COVID-19 'vaccine deliberate'

32 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Last post to you. Tired of your predicting what I say, believe or know and your loaded questions.    I got my vaccine in January. I would have gotten it regardless of who won in November.   

Nice non-answer to the question asked.  I guess you couldn't bring yourself to agree with VP Harris' assessment.

No surprise.

Weird story. They live in Oregon. The prison guard works in Washington. The beating + arrest were in Georgia. Apparently the beating was to earn their stripes. The guard got arrested at work. He's gonna be real popular down in Georgia.

https://www.union-bulletin.com/news/milton-freewater-men-including-washington-state-penitentiary-corrections-officer-taken-into-custody-in-georgia/article_88b3f0ee-288c-11ec-8b8e-2f5825640561.html

26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yep because two of the largest groups reluctant to get the shot, African Americans and Latinos listen to the right wing noise machine.   Educate yourself 

US Blacks and Latinos remain COVID-19 'vaccine deliberate'

Another result of systemic racism. Don't you ever tire of "own-goals?"

Just now, Raz'r said:

Another result of systemic racism. Don't you ever tire of "own-goals?"

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I’m starting to think neither do you.  

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I’m starting to think neither do you.  

Ask yourself "Why" next time you say things like "US Blacks ...are vaccine deliberate..."

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Ask yourself "Why" next time you say things like "US Blacks ...are vaccine deliberate..."

Take it up with ABC. It’s the fucking headline of their story, that I linked. 

Much has been made about people of color being hesitant to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Numbers have shown that Black and Latino vaccination rates are lagging behind those of white people in America.

About 40% of Black people and 45% of Latinos have been at least partially vaccinated as of Aug. 16, compared to 50% of white people, according to the latest data by the Kaiser Family Foundation

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Take it up with ABC. It’s the fucking headline of their story, that I linked. 

Much has been made about people of color being hesitant to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Numbers have shown that Black and Latino vaccination rates are lagging behind those of white people in America.

About 40% of Black people and 45% of Latinos have been at least partially vaccinated as of Aug. 16, compared to 50% of white people, according to the latest data by the Kaiser Family Foundation

You're the one who seems to think it's a "thing" - it is. Due to a history of systemic racism. STILL doesn't get in the way of all those folks being vaccine hesitant because of the right wing noise machine, of which, you're doing a bang up job trying to join. 

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You're the one who seems to think it's a "thing" - it is. Due to a history of systemic racism. STILL doesn't get in the way of all those folks being vaccine hesitant because of the right wing noise machine, of which, you're doing a bang up job trying to join. 

You are a fucking idiot.  I’ve stated multiple times that I work in the community educating people on why they should get vaccinated.  
I’m sharing the reasons I personally have heard and from webinars and training I’ve received.   

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You are a fucking idiot.  I’ve stated multiple times that I work in the community educating people on why they should get vaccinated.  
I’m sharing the reasons I personally have heard and from webinars and training I’ve received.   

Yes, I'm agreeing with you. It would be be great if the RWNM would stop with the "It's just approved due to an emergency" BS. Why does the RWNM continue doing it? Doesn't it make your job harder?

15 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yes, I'm agreeing with you. It would be be great if the RWNM would stop with the "It's just approved due to an emergency" BS. Why does the RWNM continue doing it? Doesn't it make your job harder?

Oh please back to that BS.  Like my earlier post Africans and Latinos are lagging behind and they are certainly not listening to the RWNM.  Unfortunately they  are listening to people like Nicki Minaj  22 million followers on Twitter  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/14/rap-artist-nicki-minaj-faces-backlash-after-tweeting-inaccurate-information-about-covid-vaccines.html

and NBA superstars. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/nba-anti-vaxxers-covid-1231988/amp/

25 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Oh please back to that BS.  Like my earlier post Africans and Latinos are lagging behind and they are certainly not listening to the RWNM.  Unfortunately they  are listening to people like Nicki Minaj  22 million followers on Twitter  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/14/rap-artist-nicki-minaj-faces-backlash-after-tweeting-inaccurate-information-about-covid-vaccines.html

and NBA superstars. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/nba-anti-vaxxers-covid-1231988/amp/

You're right, they are reacting to the systemic racism of the med establishment to black americans. As recently as the 70s. And there are plenty of idiots all over. So as long as there are a handful of black idiots, the right wing idiots get a free pass?

8 hours ago, Burning Man said:

So a woman who is about to get raped should use diplomacy?  How does that work. 

You made the dumbass statement, not me. But I see what you did.

This is not a choice between either rape, or gunz. 

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

You made the dumbass statement, not me. But I see what you did.

This is not a choice between either rape, or gunz. 

Jeffreaux still seems to have a rape-thing goin on.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

What a man he is! Jeffraux uses the wimmin' to front for his gun "rights." 

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I’m going to go way out on a limb here and speculate that Jeffreaux was traumatically raped once.

5 hours ago, The Joker said:

Like my earlier post Africans and Latinos are lagging behind

Dude, why focus on them ?? 

Big Drumph voting counties have hugely more Covid cases than big Sleepy Joe counties, 

are much less vaxxed up, 

and "enjoy" a death rate five times higher. 

And the NBA vax rate is 95% . . .  

Your motives here are highly suspect . .    

but you knew that. 

10 hours ago, Voyageur said:

The EC is racsist today. Are we a democracy or not?

The EC is racist??  Please expound on that. 

10 hours ago, Voyageur said:

Don't get me started about the Senate. How does the sinator from the poorest state in the country, get to fuck up the rest of the world?

Sinator??  Anywho, you’ve apparently never heard of the Constitution. 

8 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Why is this thread still going. We all know EVERYTHING wrong with America  has been caused by Republicans 

Everything???  Really?  

Interesting article in NYT that describes Germany's response to COVID.   The author (an American) seems taken-aback at the calm, uniform and compliant method by which COVID protective measures are introduced and implemented. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/opinion/covid-germany-masks-vaccines.html

The overall effect is of an environment set at a lower temperature, far closer to normalcy, where the public space is not forever on the verge of flaring into a divisive battleground of signaling, judgments and resistance.

What is going on in the USA is not occurring to the same extent in other developed countries.   

I believe that all this is the fault of Gerry Mander and those morans in the Electrical College. They were the ones who designed the Tejas electoral grid.

4 hours ago, Bugsy said:

Interesting article in NYT that describes Germany's response to COVID.   The author (an American) seems taken-aback at the calm, uniform and compliant method by which COVID protective measures are introduced and implemented. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/opinion/covid-germany-masks-vaccines.html

The overall effect is of an environment set at a lower temperature, far closer to normalcy, where the public space is not forever on the verge of flaring into a divisive battleground of signaling, judgments and resistance.

What is going on in the USA is not occurring to the same extent in other developed countries.   

That's because all those socialist countries don't have freedumb.

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, actually they are more free than the US . . 

As you well know. 

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Betcha can drink a beer on the beach in those countries. Try that in "free" U.S.A. 

7 hours ago, gptyk said:

Betcha can drink a beer on the beach in those countries. Try that in "free" U.S.A. 

Not only can you drink a beer on the beach, you can drink a beer while topless on the beach if you're a chick.  

Most of the ones I've seen however should probably STOP drinking beer and put their tops backs on.  But that's a different subject.  

On 10/12/2021 at 6:38 AM, The Joker said:

One of the other ones is a fear of sterilization.  I believe that started on FB and is one of the main reasons given by 20-35 year old woman of Eastern European descent.

I am 100% certain that nothing on social media, positive or negative is trustworthy. None of it. Social media has become a plaything for the cunts of the world and the gullible.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/10/hacker-x-the-american-who-built-a-pro-trump-fake-news-empire-unmasks-himself/

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Social media has become

Interesting article - thanks for the post.  

Comments are good too. 

Not too much sympathy for Willis 

2 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I am 100% certain that nothing on social media, positive or negative is trustworthy. None of it. Social media has become a plaything for the cunts of the world and the gullible.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/10/hacker-x-the-american-who-built-a-pro-trump-fake-news-empire-unmasks-himself/

It can be useful for ripping the piss out of Yacht club flag officers...

• Like 1
On 10/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, Bus Driver said:

Or, he is as willfully ignorant or misleading as Slug.

If you don't have time to view the entire back and forth, skip to 11:15.

It seems she lied there.  Donald Trump did say that people should get the vaccine, and she still took it.

4 hours ago, jzk said:

It seems she lied there.  Donald Trump did say that people should get the vaccine, and she still took it.

If she took it BECAUSE of him having promoted it, you would have a point.  Well, other than the one on your head.

Not surprised her actual words didn't register with you.  You continually demonstrate why The Former Guy professes his love for you.

9 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I don't believe you.

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If she took it BECAUSE of him having promoted it, you would have a point.  Well, other than the one on your head.

Not surprised her actual words didn't register with you.  You continually demonstrate why The Former Guy professes his love for you.

"..But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I am not taking it."

42 minutes ago, jzk said:

"..But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I am not taking it."

The devil is in the details - as in those two dots before the quote you want us to focus on.  What, pray tell, was the statement IMMEDIATELY preceding that?

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it.  Absolutely."

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

The devil is in the details - as in those two dots before the quote you want us to focus on.  What, pray tell, was the statement IMMEDIATELY preceding that?

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it.  Absolutely."

then she qualified that statement using the word "but."

I am going to work today, but if I feel sick, I won't go.

If I feel sick, am I going to work?

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

then she qualified that statement using the word "but."

I am going to work today, but if I feel sick, I won't go.

If I feel sick, am I going to work?

Nice try. 

She was plainly stating she would listen to people who actually know shit about vaccines and viruses. 

She made clear her decision would not be influenced by the pathological liar and serial adulterer you continue to defend.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Nice try. 

She was plainly stating she would listen to people who actually know shit about vaccines and viruses. 

She made clear her decision would not be influenced by the pathological liar and serial adulterer you continue to defend.

You believe that is what she meant.  Your position is that she misspoke.  But, she said exactly what I said she said.

7 minutes ago, jzk said:

You believe that is what she meant.  Your position is that she misspoke.  But, she said exactly what I said she said.

"I know you heard what you thought I said, but what I said isn't what I meant." -President Richard M. Nixon

What she said, exactly, does not mean what you claim it means. You need to go back to 6th grade (maybe 5th grade) English class and work on diagramming sentences.

- DSK

8 minutes ago, jzk said:

I heard her entire statement.  I prefer to focus on what she said. All of it.

You prefer to focus on the one sentence that aligns with your continued defense of The Former Guy.

I heard her entire statement.  I prefer to focus on what she said. All of it.

You prefer to focus on the one sentence that aligns with your continued defense of The Former Guy.

In what way is my position a defense of "the former guy?"

1 minute ago, jzk said:

In what way is my position a defense of "the former guy?"

Your posts either excuse, brush aside, or openly defend any and all critical information regarding the defeated ex-President, often with a dash of "whatboutism".

You're just too dishonest to admit it.

Your posts either excuse, brush aside, or openly defend any and all critical information regarding the defeated ex-President, often with a dash of "whatboutism".

You're just too dishonest to admit it.

You think I am a fan of Trump?  His political ideology is far closer to yours than mine.  However, if you are going to criticize him, just be honest about it.  And there is plenty there to criticize.  I don't have the Trump derangement syndrom, but I would still prefer that he quietly go away and never be involved in politics again.

For example, I have never seen any legitimate evidence that he is racist.  Biden, however, has said things that make it seem pretty clear that he is racist to his core.  But no one really cares about racism.  Racism is just a political tool.  Just like COVID and the vaccine.  If the vaccine wasn't a political tool, Harris would have said something completely different like "when it comes to COVID and the vaccine, we have to put politcs aside and do what is best for the American people."

Instead her comment was meaningless.  If Donald Trump was the only one recommending the vaccine, and all the health professionals said it was dangerous, of course no one would take it.