Trump hater charged with selling nuclear sub tech

Traitors charged with espionage

According to the Department of Justice, Jonathan and Diana Toebbe were arrested in Jefferson County, W. Va., where they were allegedly attempting to sell information about the design of nuclear reactors on American submarines to someone they thought was an agent of another country — but who was actually an undercover FBI agent.

Pro BLM Hated Trump

Navy engineer's wife arrested with her husband for 'selling nuclear sub secrets' to an unknown foreign power posted pro-BLM rants online, raged against Trump and praised Hillary

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

To be fair to him, he didn’t try to overthrow our govt. so less treasony than the Elk

Correct!  It's the Trump lovers, not the haters that tried to overthrow the Government on January 1st.  Their angry, violent mob of insurrectionists had a noose set up to hang the Vice President, and many were armed and dangerous and sought to overthrow the duly elected President, by violence, if necessary. *

This guy here just tried to sell some sub secrets to an FBI team of Entrapment minded spooks.  Little harm was actually done.

I say the former act is a HUGELY WORSE CRIME!!!

*  A poll not too long ago found that a large percentage of Republicans, including Congress Critters, were in favor of using violence, if necessary, to get the their way, and overthrow, the duly elected President. 

THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING SCARY, AND NOT A PLACE I WOULD CHOOSE TO LIVE, IF I HAD A BETTER OPTION.......

It was actually Jonathan Toebbe's wife who hates Joker's boy Shitstain. That should be taken into account during sentencing. We don't know much of anything about the husband.

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Not sure why political leanings should matter. Treason is treason. 

I was channeling my inner BL or governail when I created that title I was going to edit it but the time had expired

We have executed people who tried to sell nuclear secrets.  She is probably to “cute” to make the cut. 

12 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It was actually Jonathan Toebbe's wife who hates Joker's boy Shitstain. That should be taken into account during sentencing. We don't know much of anything about the husband.

In what way should it be taken into account.  You hate the President so much you turn traitor so your sentence should be lowered or increased? 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

I was channeling my inner BL or governal  when I created that title I was going to edit it but the time had expired

We have executed people who tried to sell nuclear secrets.  She is probably to “cute” to make the cut. 

I wonder if she wears a Biden hat and flies a Biden flag from her boat?  Oh wait, no one does that.  Because we're not cult members.  And Black Lives do matter, so good on her for that part at least.

11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Armed insurrection to overthrow the US Government is a bit naughtier than that, doncha think?

• Like 1

All the article said is that she praised Hillary and hated Trump.  Maybe she's the one perceptive Republican who foresaw how incredibly horrible Trump would be as President?  Nowhere does it say they are Democrats.  

24 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Correct!  It's the Trump lovers, not the haters that tried to overthrow the Government on January 1st.  Their angry, violent mob of insurrectionists had a noose set up to hang the Vice President, and many were armed and dangerous and sought to overthrow the duly elected President, by violence, if necessary. *

This guy here just tried to sell some sub secrets to an FBI team of Entrapment minded spooks.  Little harm was actually done.

*  A poll not too long ago found that a large percentage of Republicans, including Congress Critters, were in favor of using violence, if necessary, to get the their way, and overthrow, the duly elected President. 

THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING SCARY, AND NOT A PLACE I WOULD CHOOSE TO LIVE, IF I HAD A BETTER OPTION.......

Wow talk about whataboutism 

You can’t  get more different from the storming of the capital to selling Nuclear secrets. 

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

I wonder if she wears a Biden hat and flies a Biden flag from her boat?  Oh wait, no one does that.  Because we're not cult members.  And Black Lives do matter, so good on her for that part at least.

Off course they matter, but there is nothing good about her.  I don’t support the death penalty, but life without parole should be on the table for both of them. 

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Armed insurrection to overthrow the US Government is a bit naughtier than that, doncha think?

Why do they need to be compared? 
sounds like my title was correct. Some here will defend these pieces of shit simply because…

While you guys have devolved this conversation, I am more curious about exactly what tech was for sale. 

Lots of 'secret' stuff about the US Navy nuclear program is widely distributed if you know where to look. 

A lot of the US Navy runs on old technology (tried and true being the watch word).  

I know and work with a number of former US Navy nukes.  They are VERY tight lipped.  

However, I would speculate this guy was probably selling stuff not worth buying and the actual security consequences are small.  But that does not excuse this guy from a full and proper investigation.  

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

All the article said is that she praised Hillary and hated Trump.  Maybe she's the one perceptive Republican who foresaw how incredibly horrible Trump would be as President?  Nowhere does it say they are Democrats.  

I didn’t make that claim, but the way some are rising to down play what they tried to do makes you think they have reached that conclusion all on their own. 

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I don’t support the death penalty, but life without parole should be on the table for both of them. 

...at the very least, they'll be eligible for gender reassignment. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

While you guys have devolved this conversation, I am more curious about exactly what tech was for sale. 

Lots of 'secret' stuff about the US Navy nuclear program is widely distributed if you know where to look. 

A lot of the US Navy runs on old technology (tried and true being the watch word).  

I know and work with a number of former US Navy nukes.  They are VERY tight lipped.  

However, I would speculate this guy was probably selling stuff not worth buying and the actual security consequences are small.  But that does not excuse this guy from a full and proper investigation.  

Jonathan Toebbe, 42, is described as a nuclear engineer employed by the Navy. 

Sounds a bit more knowledgeable than some 18 year old crewman posting pics on the internet. 

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Off course they matter, but there is nothing good about her.  I don’t support the death penalty, but life without parole should be on the table for both of them. 

Overreaction much? You haven't even heard any evidence yet.

10 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

If it really was secret the "unnamed country" would have bought it, not ratted him out.

I doubt any country interested in nuke subs would be buying info for anything more than confirmation of things they had already figured out.

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You can’t  get more different from the storming of the capital to selling Nuclear secrets. 

That's right. One was an imminent danger to the peaceful transition of power. The other is a theoretical danger to, well, something. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

sounds like my title was correct. Some here will defend these pieces of shit simply because…

Not one person has defended them.  You have no idea what they did or didn't do.  You saw Hillary and BLM and parroted the RW noise machine.  It's who you are, it's what trolls do.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Jonathan Toebbe, 42, is described as a nuclear engineer employed by the Navy. 

Sounds a bit more knowledgeable than some 18 year old crewman posting pics on the internet. 

Mr Joker, 

I have no idea what you were thinking when you posted this.  Your thinking is narrow and limited.   

When I was in graduate school, studying nuclear engineering, while in the Navy, one of the textbooks was this one:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/product/9781461358664-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Shopping_Smart_Books&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5JSLBhCxARIsAHgO2ScV4p_rky-x2zEFRGjUmlVcM4vOa3v432gK9vQQMaNCr0_QYRzepDMaAtWxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

For people who read and understand such things, textbooks like this can and do reveal much.   Much that the US Navy would like to keep quiet.  See how this works?   Do you need more examples?  

41 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Completely true... and what's worse, he wasn't even asking enough money to buy a really fancy car, much less a house, much less support himself in style the rest of his life. If you were going to sell out your country and your honor, how much would you charge?

- DSK

1 minute ago, Bugsy said:

Mr Joker, 

I have no idea what you were thinking when you posted this.  Your thinking is narrow and limited.   

When I was in graduate school, studying nuclear engineering, while in the Navy, one of the textbooks was this one:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/product/9781461358664-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Shopping_Smart_Books&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5JSLBhCxARIsAHgO2ScV4p_rky-x2zEFRGjUmlVcM4vOa3v432gK9vQQMaNCr0_QYRzepDMaAtWxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

For people who read and understand such things, textbooks like this can and do reveal much.   Much that the US Navy would like to keep quiet.  See how this works?   Do you need more examples?  

I honestly don't know.  How much critical information about the nuclear sub program can you even fit in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  Is there like one magic formula that's key to the whole thing?

34 minutes ago, The Joker said:

In what way should it be taken into account.  You hate the President so much you turn traitor so your sentence should be lowered or increased? 

I see you're questioning the results of the election. Quelle surprise.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Mr Joker, 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-11/us-navy-nuclear-engineer-charged-trying-pass-secrets/100528394

Reading through this it says he/they initially offered to share operation manuals and performance reports.

The first drop had performance characteristics and design elements, while the second drop had design schematics. 

My uninformed interpretation of that is these are things that the US Navy would really prefer other people didn't have. Max depths, Max speeds, propulsion system designs. 

Maybe this stuff is more of an open secret than I understand? 

34 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Mr Joker, 

What is narrow and limited about a couple being charged with espionage trying to sell nuclear secrets?   
 Everyone from the NYT to BBC is covering it, but posting a thread about it in SA is narrow and limited? 

I do regret making it about the wife’s hatred of Trump.  Poor decision on my part. 

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t make that claim, but the way some are rising to down play what they tried to….

Who?  I Just correctly pointed out it’s more treasony than the Elk.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Any and all forms of treason should be punished with the same penalty..... Don't you think?

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

What is narrow and limited about a couple being charged with espionage trying to sell nuclear secrets?   
 Everyone from the NYT to BBC is covering it, but posting a thread about it in SA is narrow and limited? 

Are we going to discover that this is another FBI entrapment scheme? If that is what it becomes, maybe we need to put that practice to bed once and for all.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

This entire thread is whataboutism. You led with a title that includes "Trump-hater" in it. That's clearly a lame attempt to distract from the other treasonous acts the Trump-lovers have committed, especially the ones leading up to and including Jan 6.

If you had just started a thread about someone attempting to sell military secrets, I don't think you'd get much disagreement that it's treason.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Are we going to discover that this is another FBI entrapment scheme? If that is what it becomes, maybe we need to put that practice to bed once and for all.

Why?  Should be standard to test government officials to see is they are willing to sell state secrets.

1 minute ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Why?  Should be standard to test government officials to see is they are willing to sell state secrets.

Including loud-mouth hucksters pretending to be president.

Oh, I guess giving them away is OK. No problem.

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

6th. But your point is taken.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, The Joker said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?

1) When did any Liberal, Progressive Democrats, plot to overthrow the Government, and then attempted to do that with an angry, violent mob attempting to hang the Vice President with a noose, and overthrow a US election that had been validated by each states electors, and the Congress....????

2) A guy sucked into a FBI sting operation to forestall sub secrets being sent abroad, is the like Jaywalking, compared to violent armed Mob,  Premeditated Murder. 

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

Sounds like you ARE defending Angry, Armed, Violent, Insurrectionists, hell bent on hanging the VP and vandalizing the Peoples House?

That has not occurred since the war of 1812, when our enemy at the time the Brits, acted similarly. 

You are sick fucker, and I have you on ignore, but dared to open this thread, and I had to reply, with the TRUTH~~

• Like 3
1 hour ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

The only people who should face the death penalty are corrupt judges and cops.

No. Treason has always been, and should always be punishable by death.

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

That's right. One was an imminent danger to the peaceful transition of power. The other is a theoretical danger to, well, something. 

Apparently the peanut butter to jelly (jam) ratio was off, which tipped the feds off that something foul was afoot.

a ratio of 5 parts peanut butter to 4 parts jelly (jam) is considered perfect by "America's test kitchen". This of course doesn't take in to account creamy, or chunky peanut butter, or seeds in jam or the more unctuous "jelly".....

Personally I prefer chunky peanut butter, and lumpy strawberry, or raspberry jam, but it really ought to be on rye toast, not white bread.

Just now, basketcase said:

No. Treason has always been, and should always be punishable by death.

How about armed insurrection on January 6th?  A noose ready to hang the VP?  Congressmen and women escaping the violence, thankfully!! Then hiding out from the violent, armed people who defiled the peoples house?

Is that not also punishable by death??  It certainly should be, IMHO!

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

That is, by far, the hairiest tittie I've ever seen

You have obviously never dated a Greek lady.  

1 hour ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

The only people who should face the death penalty are corrupt judges and cops.

And politicians, and people that litter.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, bridhb said:

And politicians, and people that litter.

No.  Judges and cops have real power over individuals, they can (and do) easily ruin peoples lives on a personal level if they are corrupt.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

No.  Judges and cops have real power over individuals, they can (and do) easily ruin peoples lives on a personal level if they are corrupt.

So do suburban dogs.

My dog shits in my yard, but I have no idea where. He doesn't do it where I walk. Tortoises, squirrels, birds, deer, rabbits, coyotes, hogs, and various other critters shit all over the place. Doesn't bother me.

Now, if my human neighbors came over and shit in my front door yard, I'd be a little annoyed.

18 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

How about armed insurrection on January 6th?  A noose ready to hang the VP?  Congressmen and women escaping the violence, thankfully!! Then hiding out from the violent, armed people who defiled the peoples house?

Ummm....that would be treason

37 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Sounds like you ARE defending Angry, Armed, Violent, Insurrectionists, hell bent on hanging the VP and vandalizing the Peoples House?

That has not occurred since the war of 1812, when our enemy at the time the Brits, acted similarly. 

You are sick fucker, and I have you on ignore, but dared to open this thread, and I had to reply, with the TRUTH~~

Hey Billy there are plenty of threads about Jan 6.  This thread is about the two arrested for espionage.  Go rant on those threads.   I commented on the Jan 6 riots at the time.  I fucking dare you to find me defending those assholes or Trump’s actions post election.  
Now go fuck yourself with your fake outrage.  

35 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Yep please let me know when someone is charged with insurrection.   That would be the first step. 

I’d add “armed” insurrection but that would be an even harder charge to make considering the only person that died violently that day was an unarmed woman shot by a cop. 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yep please let me know when someone is charged with insurrection.   That would be the first step. 

I’d add “armed” insurrection but that would be an even harder charge to make considering the only person that died violently that day was an unarmed woman shot by a cop. 

Because the insurrectionists were armed with bear spray, flag staffs, batons, and pieces of metal barricade that had been destroyed does not mean that they were not a threat. You don't need an assault weapon to kill.... You should know that. The penis mightier than thes word.

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Hey Billy there are plenty of threads about Jan 6.  This thread is about the two arrested for espionage.  Go rant on those threads.   I commented on the Jan 6 riots at the time.  I fucking dare you to find me defending those assholes or Trump’s actions post election.  

This thread is also about BLM and Trump haters according to you.  You blew up your own thread much like all the other ones you start. 

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This thread is also about BLM and Trump haters according to you.  You blew up your own thread much like all the other ones you start. 

Yep as I said I should not have made it  about her being a Trump hater.  My bad. 

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No Jackoff; you go fuck your self, with your Right Wing Nut Job bullshit

Shame on me for opening a post from a RWNJ user on ignore, you are back on ignore now, where your belong, you RWNJ fruitcake!!

17 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Because the insurrectionists were armed with bear spray, flag staffs, batons, and pieces of metal barricade that had been destroyed does not mean that they were not a threat. You don't need an assault weapon to kill.... You should know that. The penis mightier than thes word.

I’m not defending anything that happened and if someone is actually charged with the crime of insurrection I’ll be fully supportive of what ever happens to them upon conviction. 

Edit: actually I’ll fully support any conviction of anyone involved on January 6th regardless of the charge. 

Just now, billy backstay said:

No Jackoff; you go fuck your self, with your Right Wing Nut Job bullshit

Shame on me for opening a post from a RWNJ user on ignore, you are back on ignore now, where your belong, you RWNJ fruitcake!!

Good go hide in your safe space -fucking coward. 

48 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

So do suburban dogs.

Dogs don't have the power to  put hundreds or thousands of people into a jail.  They can't take kickbacks from juvenile prison system to put little kids in jail for profit.

These judges should be fucking executed.

Kids-for-cash judge loses bid for lighter prison sentence - ABC News (go.com)

A federal judge upheld the 28-year prison sentence of a disgraced Pennsylvania judge who locked up thousands of juvenile offenders while he was taking kickbacks from the owner and builder of for-profit detention centers, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Mark Ciavarella, a former Luzerne County juvenile court judge, had been seeking a lighter sentence after three of the 12 counts of his 2011 conviction were overturned on appeal.

• Like 1