54 minutes ago, Jules said:

Damn hippies!

They tried to nail AOC for dancing as well. Can’t believe that the evangelicals are still hung up on dancing.

29 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

They tried to nail AOC for dancing as well. Can’t believe that the evangelicals are still hung up on dancing.

Well, you know why Methodists don't fuck standing up....

- DSK

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

All this time I thought her last name was pronounced Sin-E-ma. Senema, makes so much more sense.

You spelled enema wrong. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

She may have gotten elected by advocating letting Medicare negotiate drug prices but once in office, pharma started whi$pering sweet nothing$ in her ear. 

I don't think I have ever seen someone whore themselves out so thoroughly and so quickly. Quite breathtaking, really. No wonder she's fucked off for Europe.

EzSJNghUYAk9-v6.jpg:large

6 hours ago, spankoka said:

She'll get elected as much as she wants to in Arizona, just like John McCain. 

Ya figger?

image1.png?format=750w

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/29/activists-helped-elect-kyrsten-sinema-launch-crowdpac-to-fund-a-primary-challenger/

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/primary-kyrsten-sinema/

I kinda' think not. At least I hope not. Jeeeez....

1 hour ago, spankoka said:

it stands to reason that the Democrats are going to have more moderates. 

We welcome them as long as they don't pull a Sinema . . . 

she campaigned on issues that she now opposes - like single payer 

14 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Ya figger?

image1.png?format=750w

The problem for the Democrats here is that if Sinema is loses in the primary...she could run as an independent. She might not win as an independent, but the GOP would certainly welcome a three way race. I guess it would be in Sinema's interest to work towards making Arizona open primary, just as Bernie Sanders does not have to worry about the Democratic nomination in open primary Vermont. That's why I think she is headed for long-term gadfly status. I get it why she is disliked by some. I'm not the one who told the Americans to ditch party discipline. 

1 hour ago, spankoka said:

The problem for the Democrats here is that if Sinema is loses in the primary...she could run as an independent. She might not win as an independent, but the GOP would certainly welcome a three way race. I guess it would be in Sinema's interest to work towards making Arizona open primary, just as Bernie Sanders does not have to worry about the Democratic nomination in open primary Vermont. That's why I think she is headed for long-term gadfly status. I get it why she is disliked by some. I'm not the one who told the Americans to ditch party discipline. 

The larger problem is that if she thinks she's going to lose she could change parties and give the Senate to McConnell. It would be difficult to imagine that the topic hasn't come up with her.

15 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

The larger problem is that if she thinks she's going to lose she could change parties and give the Senate to McConnell. It would be difficult to imagine that the topic hasn't come up with her.

I'm sure they're waving offers under her nose.

- DSK

7 minutes ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

With her record she would bleed as much from the Repugnantones as the Dems I reckon.

Nah, Trumpublicans LOVE traitors.

3 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Bravo Ms Sinema, Bravo!

Love to watch everyone on the left side of the aisle thinks she should shut up and get in line.

It's worked for the right a couple of decades.  Look at how they turned on Cheney when she showed some independence.

I don't particularly think she should "get in line' but it IS time to quit being a politician and be a statesman.  Manchin has at least put forth what his dealing points are and is engaged with the process. Sinema just appears to be a McConnell-esque obstructionist albeit without any goals. If she actually wants to DO something, she'll never have more stroke than right now, it's time to deal.

Ok, if Thomas dies in a fit of apoplexy or just from gloating, she might have more stroke. 

Cheney is a whole other subject. That, I take it is a bit more about old guard vs. the guy who seized their party. The Bushes vs. The Trumps sort of deal

As for Senator Sinema, why should she back down exactly? I think at this point it isn't about her gaining leverage to be exchanged for some pet project later on. She really has grave objections to this bill. She is doing what she believes best, party be damned, re-election be damned.      

I think it is refreshing.

8 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Cheney is a whole other subject. That, I take it is a bit more about old guard vs. the guy who seized their party. The Bushes vs. The Trumps sort of deal

As for Senator Sinema, why should she back down exactly? I think at this point it isn't about her gaining leverage to be exchanged for some pet project later on. She really has grave objections to this bill. She is doing what she believes best, party be damned, re-election be damned.      

She is doing what her donors think is best.  She sold out and is making bank before getting  voted out of office.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

She's enough of a hypocrite to be a Republican. Might as well switch sides.  (If you don't know what I'm referring to, see her campaign promises and the disappointment of her voters)

10 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

I wish I could believe that. Manchin is showing that he has grave objections by putting them forth and working on them.  Sinema just seems to be screwing with the process because she can.  McCain without the morality. McCain voted with his party 90% of the time and everyone knew where he would buck the leadership, Siema, not so much.  From what I've read, she's deeply committed to bipartisanship regardless of the issue not recognizing, seemingly, that the other side is just being obstructionist.  

This opens the old discussions up, should an elected official support the views of their electorate or themselves?  Should they vote against the interests of their constituency to support the interests of the country?  We tend to deride politicians who appear to only act on their self interests, why not Sinema?

• Like 1

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) raised more campaign money in the last three months than in any quarter since she became a senator. And she hit that $1.1 million haul with a big assist from the pharmaceutical and financial industries, whose political action committees and top executives stuffed her coffers in the middle of negotiations on Democrats’ massive infrastructure and social spending bills.

Little of the $1.1 million Sinema raised came from her constituents. Nearly 90 percent of Sinema’s cash from individual contributors came from outside Arizona.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/15/sinema-campaign-money-pharma-finance-516110

https://www.dailyposter.com/big-pharmas-reward/

https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00508804/1543461/

On 10/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, learningJ24 said:

This opens the old discussions up, should an elected official support the views of their electorate or themselves?  Should they vote against the interests of their constituency to support the interests of the country?  We tend to deride politicians who appear to only act on their self interests, why not Sinema?

On 10/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Little of the $1.1 million Sinema raised came from her constituents. Nearly 90 percent of Sinema’s cash from individual contributors came from outside Arizona.

I think it crystal clear where Sinema stands.

27 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I wish it were, her career gives the appearance of a constant drive for higher office but does she REALLY think she can make a real run for President? It's possible that, as you allude to, she's cashing in and accepting a single term but it doesn't track with her past.  Peter Principle perhaps?

4 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:
34 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I wish it were, her career gives the appearance of a constant drive for higher office but does she REALLY think she can make a real run for President? It's possible that, as you allude to, she's cashing in and accepting a single term but it doesn't track with her past.  Peter Principle perhaps?

It would be very surprising if she was willing to easily give up such a cushy, high-status job. Unfortunately the track record for re-election pretty closely correlates to how muchmoney they spend on their campaign. She probably believes that if she rakes in enough bucks, she can convince voters to keep her regardless of what a fuck-up she is. And she may well be correct.

- DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

It would be very surprising if she was willing to easily give up such a cushy, high-status job. Unfortunately the track record for re-election pretty closely correlates to how muchmoney they spend on their campaign. She probably believes that if she rakes in enough bucks, she can convince voters to keep her regardless of what a fuck-up she is. And she may well be correct.

- DSK

The correlation is there but the causation is a bit more shaky.  Regardless, she may be betting that D's will vote for her while holding their nose so she needs to move right to pick up the middle. It would be interesting to know if she's using the money to buy up future ad time to freeze out a primary challenge.  Looks like a dangerous and poorly thought out strategy.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/money-and-elections-a-complicated-love-story/

9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Maybe she's betting on the short memories of voters, and possibly switching parties.

So weird how one or two total flakes can have such an impart on the other 330M of us.

She and Manchin don’t need to switch sides, they’ve chosen already. Billionaires have a 52 vote (or more) actual majority in the senate. Chuck Schumer looks like a monkey fucking a football trying to wield a 48 vote majority. 

Left and right, D and R do not determine the majority in reality. The money does. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Maybe she's betting on the short memories of voters, and possibly switching parties.

So weird how one or two total flakes can have such an impart on the other 330M of us.

Frikin senators from Kentucky!  Frikin Kentucky!

On 10/17/2021 at 6:20 AM, Blue Crab said:

They seem to be paying attention...

'Hanging Your Constituents Out to Dry': 5 Sinema Advisers Quit in Protest

"You have become one of the principal obstacles to progress, answering to big donors rather than your own people."

As U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema continues to be a leading impediment to her own party's flagship Build Back Better package, five of the Arizona Democrat's advisers resigned in protest Thursday, accusing her of "hanging your constituents out to dry" while favoring the big money donors who pad her campaign coffers.

In a letter obtained by The New York Times, five U.S. military veterans who served on a 20-member Sinema advisory board since 2019 excoriated the freshman senator for obstructing key parts of the $3.5 trillion social and climate investment bill, and for refusing to abolish the filibuster.

Around here we call tough cookies stale, and give them to the dog.

55 minutes ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Mitt wants to strap her to teh roof of his car and take her off for a wild weekend in the woods.

Possible VP pick for his next campaign?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Possible VP pick for his next campaign?

Why, is Haley already spoken for?  She and Mitt have demonstrated similar flexible morals and would pair up well.  I am not looking forward to 2024 (or 2022 for that matter).

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

Why, is Haley already spoken for?  She and Mitt have demonstrated similar flexible morals and would pair up well.  I am not looking forward to 2024 (or 2022 for that matter).

Haley won't bring over moderate dems. That could be part of the calculation.

4 hours ago, Remodel said:

Haley won't bring over moderate dems. That could be part of the calculation.

I'm not sure Sinema would bring over moderate dems. She's busy burning all her bridges.

• Like 1

We did the Halloween community trick or treat thing this evening. 

The scariest costume by far was a teen girl who dressed up as Sinema. 

She really had it down cold . .  and laughed when I told her "No candy for YOU !!" She knew I was kidding. 

But since Sinema dresses like a twelve year old, an actual twelve year old can easily bring it off. 

Y'all peeps who live in those gated communities close yourselves off from all that fun. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did Big Pharma Buy Senator Sinema a Fluff Piece in the Washington Post?

That’s what readers of the paper must be asking after seeing this piece on Friday morning. The headline of the piece features her quote, “no one tells me what to do,” when in fact there is ample evidence that the pharmaceutical industry and rich contributors tell her exactly what to do.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/11/24/did-big-pharma-buy-senator-sinema-a-fluff-piece-in-the-washington-post/print/

Right now Jack the Ripper would be more likely to get re-elected as a Democrat. I wonder what the hell happened to her to throw away every speck of morality she had.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Right now Jack the Ripper would be more likely to get re-elected as a Democrat. I wonder what the hell happened to her to throw away every speck of morality she had.

$$$$$-$

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I think she was always just+only an attractive alternative to McSally who was seriously bonkers. I knew she was a nut when ...

https://www.azmirror.com/2019/03/05/sinema-misses-votes-on-judges-epa-chief-during-trip-to-new-zealand-for-ironman-race/

7 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

$$$$$-$

She could do far better in the long run staying in Congress, they all seem to come out as multi-millionaires. She seemed to do a sudden 90 degree turn, I was really surprised.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Well, she ran for public office. Regardless of party, that seems to be an indicator that morals, as we know them, are low on their priority list.