if that is a birds eye view

your boat is knocked down mast in the water flat

birds look down at things from above

btw looks like some rule beating race toy unpractical for a live aboard or cruiser

so something I have no use for and likely can't afford anyway

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that weird hop up in the shear aft is hiking wings.

It is; from SA facebook:

No photo description available.

• Like 2

like the placement of the outboard prop centered under the boat behind the dagger board case

but I am unsure if the gas fumes are in a good place even if the prop is in the center with the motor there

and raising the motor or sealing the well are big unknowns

15 minutes ago, Fintho said:
4 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

What's SA facebook?

Sailing Anarchy's Facebook page

Anorthere mythicalle site, licke the home paige..............                           :)

20 hours ago, Fintho said:

It is; from SA facebook:

No photo description available.

That's lame. There's a much much more extreme boat in like 1980 published ina Marchaj book. What was it called? Mach One or something Cant remember.

This looks like something that Rodger Martin would have put together.  Actually looks like some of his proposals.  Same software, ink and person showing relative size of the boat.  

His former assistant Ross Weene's work? 

If not I would guess a really big name in design who did this many years ago.  

So as the poster who won the very first SA contest my guess is.....

Scot got wise and is jumping on the NFT craze.   He is going to sell NFT's of the digital design era. Would you like an original Juan K,  Mark Mills or Robert Perry?   Perhaps your interest is in your new Kevin Dibley LM46?  You can't afford the boat but the NFT can be yours!  

My guess is Rodger Martin 30ish

On 10/15/2021 at 10:50 AM, Mike Hunt said:

A lot of winches on a 30'-ish footer.

I agree but based on the boom length, I bet there is no permanent backstay therefore, there are runner winches.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, nota said:

if that is a birds eye view

your boat is knocked down mast in the water flat

birds look down at things from above

btw looks like some rule beating race toy unpractical for a live aboard or cruiser

so something I have no use for and likely can't afford anyway

Could be a seagull floating in the waters view. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Everything old is new again. We launched this Elliott designed beast back in 1988.

PICT340_Sportscar_1.jpgSGW06_0378.thumb.jpg.a2ca6dcc11d7c7b733bceb40aaab1038.jpg16508046_10211620924268900_3184182553720453515_n.thumb.jpg.891a06972a7bb14ba9c718140aafa92c.jpg

from the same period as the European Lakes boat OPNI. Moore 30 also from then. Which boat was it that capsized in a Mac race a few years back? Wasn't it another winged monohull?

5 hours ago, fastyacht said:

from the same period as the European Lakes boat OPNI. Moore 30 also from then. Which boat was it that capsized in a Mac race a few years back? Wasn't it another winged monohull?

WINGNUT?

• Like 1

wtf is with the offset forward hatch? only doing port rounding spin sets?

8 minutes ago, Knut Grotzki said:

A lot of super yacht owners are have gaping holes…..

On their trophy brides.

20 hours ago, fdsailor said:

This is Mach One someone referred to earlier...only 40 odd years young! Gordon Trower design. 

post-12572-0-42877200-1439326577.jpg.85b70dfb11149c114fbcd4e6abd09bf7.jpg

Closer to 50 years I believe.

Designed but never built.  I believe that was because he was told they would never measure it in under IOR as it was using a blatant circumvention of the rule with regards to the bow measurements.  The wings they had no issue with.  In fact below is his almost equally audacious Warbird which was built and measured under IOR.

Warbird.jpg.616d6862008b67aa2d97874ef15c1d9c.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ryley said:

wtf is with the offset forward hatch? only doing port rounding spin sets?

I mean, if it's designed for Windward/Leeward racing, usually it's port roundings... Most skiffs etc have their chute bags on port

On 10/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, Fintho said:

I mean, if it's designed for Windward/Leeward racing, usually it's port roundings... Most skiffs etc have their chute bags on port

Fair, but I did at least a quarter of my w/l racing with starboard roundings this year. It seems to make the boat into a one trick pony.

4 hours ago, knuckles said:

Fun headsail to tack, I'm sure.

Ah yes, you tell the kids these days about short tacking a 180% headsail and they won't believe you! :P

Edit: Said in my best Monty Python voice...

• Like 1
On 10/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, Kent H said:

This looks like something that Rodger Martin would have put together.  Actually looks like some of his proposals.  Same software, ink and person showing relative size of the boat.  

His former assistant Ross Weene's work? 

If not I would guess a really big name in design who did this many years ago.  

So as the poster who won the very first SA contest my guess is.....

Scot got wise and is jumping on the NFT craze.   He is going to sell NFT's of the digital design era. Would you like an original Juan K,  Mark Mills or Robert Perry?   Perhaps your interest is in your new Kevin Dibley LM46?  You can't afford the boat but the NFT can be yours!  

My guess is Rodger Martin 30ish

Rodger and Ross were asked to modify a Kiwi 35. When that boat was lost in Key West, the owners of the boat commissioned a new design that also had wings.  Other than that and another design brief for Vlad Murnikov for the MX Next, they really weren’t into wings, unless clients specifically were looking for them.  Ross has been Rodger’s partner, not assistant  for many years, and after Rodger’s unfortunate passing earlier this year, continues to run the firm.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jono said:

Hi Rob.

Long time no see. How is it different to the  Deep Throttle design?  Tweaking below the waterline or slightly different concept?

Hey Jono, it's pretty different to the 30 footers Deep Throttle and Karma Police. this is 35 feet, fixed but lifting keel It. More beam, more crew and more room inside. 

The fwd hatch is off centre so the prod doesn't get in the way when it's retracted. W/L races tend to be port rounding's and if not then it's a windward hoist.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fintho said:

@Rob Shaw can you give us any info on what it actually is/ what its designed for?

Hi Fintho, it's a 35 foot inshore boat for harbour, W/L and some coastal races. Foam/carbon construction. Some interior for a weekend away if you like

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Rob Shaw said:

Hi Fintho, it's a 35 foot inshore boat for harbour, W/L and some coastal races. Foam/carbon construction. Some interior for a weekend away if you like

But isnt that more or less your shaw 10 with an extra meter added and some wing looking structures? Where is the big difference? Do the wings make the difference?

11 hours ago, EbbAndFlow said:

But isnt that more or less your shaw 10 with an extra meter added and some wing looking structures? Where is the big difference? Do the wings make the difference?

How to make friends with a designer,  suggest that all that goes into a new design is a quick enlarge on the photocopier!

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, Rob Shaw said:

Very interesting, ill be following this project... Not that ill be able to afford one any time soon ;)

On 10/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, TUBBY said:

How to make friends with a designer,  suggest that all that goes into a new design is a quick enlarge on the photocopier!

Not what I ment. Talked lately to the chief foil designer of AC75 Luna Rossa.

Told me some very interesting things aswell as that if you want to change a tiny detail you have to change everything to work good (As its in a lot of engeneering tasks). The question was not engeneering wise the question was sailing wise.

Was asking if the sailing is very diffrent or if its close to other boats in this length class.

• Like 1