A question for all political candidates . .

Just posted this on a candidates' info site. Feel free to pass it on . .  (I'll let you know how it works out . . ) 

S______town voters have a right to know about the commission candidates' ability to discern truth from fiction, and whether or not they are extremists.
One question for all of them: Did D. Trump legitimately lose the 2020 election ?
I will not vote for ANY candidate who refuses to answer this question.
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:
Just posted this on a candidates' info site. Feel free to pass it on . .  (I'll let you know how it works out . . ) 

S______town voters have a right to know about the commission candidates' ability to discern truth from fiction, and whether or not they are extremists.
One question for all of them: Did D. Trump legitimately lose the 2020 election ?

To be fair to the Republicans, they will not lose one vote if they refuse to answer, anyone who cares about this kind of thing isn't voting for them anyway :rolleyes:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

To be fair to the Republicans, they will not lose one vote if they refuse to answer, anyone who cares about this kind of thing isn't voting for them anyway :rolleyes:

I guess I could have been more clear: In our town city commission candidates are "non-partisan". They do not run under a party label. I'm trying to help ferret out the stealth extremists. 

And lots of people would consider voting for GOPPERS, but not extremists who subscribe to the Big Lie.  

35 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

And lots of people would consider voting for GOPPERS, but not extremists who subscribe to the Big Lie.  

I suppose the extremists would point that the guys who dressed up as natives and threw tea into Boston harbor were extremists. 

In a normal world people would be embarrassed to hold wacky views without proof.

Nowadays, it's a badge of honor, and it will probably get them MORE votes.

Their vision of what our country should be is vastly different than mine.

19 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:
46 minutes ago, spankoka said:

I suppose the extremists would point that the guys who dressed up as natives and threw tea into Boston harbor were extremists. 

They were actually.

And if the Trumpalos win, that's exactly how the Jan 6th nincomcoups will be portrayed... brave patriotic men and women who were the first wave of standing up against Democrats tyranny.

- DSK

39 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And if the Trumpalos win, that's exactly how the Jan 6th nincomcoups will be portrayed... brave patriotic men and women who were the first wave of standing up against Democrats tyranny.

- DSK

I thought that was "The Tea Party"....

The Big Question: What is the Tea Party movement, and could it change US  politics? | The Independent | The Independent

3 hours ago, spankoka said:

You may wish to vote for fascists - I will not do that. 

"It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else." -Orwell.....Actually I think Chiang Kai-Shek was very much a fascist. 

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You should ask them the same question about the 2016 election. Do they think the Russian's interfered with not getting Hillary elected?
Do a google search and you will find most Dems think that is the truth.
I

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-russia-hoax-continues-pelosi-says-mcconnell-is-an-accomplice-to-election-interference

7 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

You should ask them the same question about the 2016 election. Do they think the Russian's interfered with not getting Hillary elected?
I

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-russia-hoax-continues-pelosi-says-mcconnell-is-an-accomplice-to-election-interference

How about you provide the proof/quotes/search that "most Dems think that is the truth"?

e

20 minutes ago, Mike G said:

How about you provide the proof/quotes/search that "most Dems think that is the truth"?

How about a Gallup poll?

https://www.tremr.com/rchusid/gallup-poll-shows-78-of-democrats-mistakenly-believe-russia-changed-election-results

https://biggs.house.gov/media/press-releases/house-democrats-vote-overturn-results-2016-election

More Democrats Objected to 2016 Electoral College Results Than GOP Did This Year

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/washington/melanie-arter/rep-jim-jordan-more-democrats-objected-2016-electoral-college

33 minutes ago, woodpecker said:
41 minutes ago, Mike G said:

How about a Gallup poll?

https://www.tremr.com/rchusid/gallup-poll-shows-78-of-democrats-mistakenly-believe-russia-changed-election-results

That's a very different thing than Russian election interference.

The reason most Dems "believe" that Russia interfered with the 2016 election is because several US intel services agree they did; and it was also documented by Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller (remember him).

Did the Russians -change- the election result, very unlikely. You need to improve your bait-n-switch game.

- DSK

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Mike G said:

The question for CANDIDATES is the topic of the thread.

Not the general public.  In 2018.

In January 2017, Reps. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., Barbara Lee, D-Calif., Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and Jim McGovern, D-Mass., all objected to electoral votes for Trump.

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

In January 2017, Reps. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., Barbara Lee, D-Calif., Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and Jim McGovern, D-Mass., all objected to electoral votes for Trump.

Did any of them assault the Capitol police or threaten to hang the the current Vice President?

- DSK

24 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Did any of them assault the Capitol police or threaten to hang the the current Vice President?

- DSK

I have an image in my head of Maxine Waters climbing up the wall with a knife in her teeth. I wouldn't put it past her if Mitch McConnell was up top.

Typical politician answer: "That's a great question! First I'd like to thank you for having me here, and to the questioner for asking the question. As you all know, I've been a life long supporter of the constitution, and of the freedom that our founding fathers bestowed upon us through the grace of God. I'd also like to thank my wife and children, for being so tolerant of the incredible hours that I have to put in away from them to do the job my constituents elected me to do. It's not easy for them, I'm sure.

In the course of the last 28 years I've traveled to 17 states, and 6 different foreign countries, including California, to help spread the word of democracy, and individual rights.

I have spent many sleepless nights on the couch in my office in Washington DC, while my tireless secretary worked feverishly to get things done before the next session..... Of Congress....

I hope you all will remember the sacrifices that I have made to serve the people next November. Thank you very much!"

22 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Typical politician answer: "That's a great question! First I'd like to thank you for having me here, and to the questioner for asking the question. As you all know, I've been a life long supporter of the constitution, and of the freedom that our founding fathers bestowed upon us through the grace of God. I'd also like to thank my wife and children, for being so tolerant of the incredible hours that I have to put in away from them to do the job my constituents elected me to do. It's not easy for them, I'm sure.

In the course of the last 28 years I've traveled to 17 states, and 6 different foreign countries, including California, to help spread the word of democracy, and individual rights.

I have spent many sleepless nights on the couch in my office in Washington DC, while my tireless secretary worked feverishly to get things done before the next session..... Of Congress....

I hope you all will remember the sacrifices that I have made to serve the people next November. Thank you very much!"

The sacrifices of principles that he/she had to make to accept $!M in bribes? Those sacrifices?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Ok.  We're at that place where you can't back up your claim 

4 hours ago, woodpecker said:

And it's just wasting my time.

Thank you, and good day.

16 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Ok.  We're at that place where you can't back up your claim 

And it's just wasting my time.

Thank you, and good day.

Once again someone makes a claim and wants you to do the homework to show it is bullshit. We have seen this all before, and the answer is: You make the claim, you back it up. It's not our job to do your homework.

• Like 1

One of our local candidates declined to answer the question, and 

I told him to remove the sign he had in our yard. 

He did so  - I'll give him that much credit . . .  

Seriously ASK THAT QUESTION 

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

One of our local candidates declined to answer the question, and 

I told him to remove the sign he had in our yard. 

He did so  - I'll give him that much credit . . .  

Seriously ASK THAT QUESTION 

I'll go one step further... demand that they resign, and never run for election.

If they deny election results, or if the logical conclusion is that they want to shut down elections, then they should not accept elected office either.

I actually have had this discussion with two local politicians, one county commish and a state legislator, both Republican, both very hesitant to make any statement about Trump or the 2020 election where other Republicans can hear.

- DSK

16 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Well, I am a registered Democrat and yeah, I object to the 2016 Electoral College results.  Not due to the documented interference from Russia but because 3 freakin million more United States citizens voted for Clinton.  Trump was not elected by the citizens of the United States.

21 hours ago, Mike G said:

In a normal world people would be embarrassed to hold wacky views without proof.

Nowadays, it's a badge of honor, and it will probably get them MORE votes.

Their vision of what our country should be is vastly different than mine.

You can't begin to overthrow a government by doing what's normal.  TFG and his coattail sycophants have proven that over and over.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Once again someone makes a claim and wants you to do the homework to show it is bullshit. We have seen this all before, and the answer is: You make the claim, you back it up. It's not our job to do your homework.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-democrats-object-more-states-2016-republicans-2020-1561407

The Facts

In the 2016 presidential election, Trump won 304 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton's 227. During the joint session on January 6, 2017, seven House Democrats tried to object to electoral votes from multiple states.

According to a C-SPAN recording of the joint session that took place four years ago, the following House Democrats made objections:

• Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) objected to Alabama's votes.
  • Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) objected to Florida's votes.
  • Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) objected to Georgia's votes.
  • Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) objected to North Carolina's votes.
  • Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) objected to the votes from North Carolina in addition to votes from South Carolina and Wisconsin. She also stood up and objected citing "massive voter suppression" after Mississippi's votes were announced.
  • Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) brought up allegations of Russian interference in the election and malfunctioning voting machines when she objected following the announcement of Michigan's votes.
  • Maxine Waters (D-Calif) rose and said, "I do not wish to debate. I wish to ask 'Is there one United States senator who will join me in this letter of objection?'" after the announcement of Wyoming's votes.
9 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I think you have that picture posted in the wrong thread. It should be in "Maybe storming the Capital was not a good Idea"?

This thread is  "A Question for all political candidates."

You were talking about questioning the electoral results. The purpose of the attack on the Capitol was to capture the VP and the electoral votes while several of the Republicans were objecting to the electoral votes and slowing the process deliberately to allow said attack to succeed. You're comparing apples to hand grenades.