3 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

And they called Trump a dictator want to be.   It’s all about control.  
I fully support the vaccine, but I also object to these mandates, at least until all of the vaccines are fully certified by the FDA.  Here is a question for Washington and all the areas firing first responders.  Are your citizens safer now?   

Just now, The Joker said:

I fully support the vaccine, but I also object to these mandates, at least until all of the vaccines are fully certified by the FDA.  Here is a question for Washington and all the areas firing first responders.  Are your citizens safer now?   

Well, given a first responder may not show up and cough Covid in their face? Or the taxpayers won’t be on the hook for 60 days of “dude on a vent”, I think they’re safer AND better off financially.

“Dude on a vent” add a maga hat and you might have a great Halloween costume…

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Well, given a first responder may not show up and cough Covid in their face? Or the taxpayers won’t be on the hook for 60 days of “dude on a vent”, I think they’re safer AND better off financially.

“Dude on a vent” add a maga hat and you might have a great Halloween costume…

So masks don’t work.  Thanks for sharing that.  
Most First responders along with municipal  employees  have decent healthcare so no tax payers are not on the hook.  
Here’s  hoping you don’t need help in the future because you could wait a long time. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

So masks don’t work.  Thanks for sharing that.  
Most First responders along with municipal  employees  have decent healthcare so no tax payers are not on the hook.  
Here’s  hoping you don’t need help in the future because you could wait a long time. 

You might want to check into how Counties and Cities insure. Many use insurance companies for the routine, but self-insure for large costs.

I'm really not worried about a few bad apples. The industry seems to attract it's share of assholes, and if some leave, good riddance. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Lol.  Yes, all about control.  You know what?  I'm tired of these mandates that force me to drive in the right lane.  

RWNJ'S seem to be all about law and order...until they're not.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Who foots the bill for that healthcare insurance ?? 

Why it is the TAXPAYERS ya big dummie !! 

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Don't some places mandate their officers wear bulletproof vests?  Do you oppose that as well?  The difference is that a vest doesn't potentially infect the public.

Although not in Washington, they rid themselves of employees that were too stupid to recognize the benefits of the vaccine.  Dumbshits like that are easily replaced.

14 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Don't some places mandate their officers wear bulletproof vests?  Do you oppose that as well?  The difference is that a vest doesn't potentially infect the public.

Although not in Washington, they rid themselves of employees that were too stupid to recognize the benefits of the vaccine.  Dumbshits like that are easily replaced.

Another - READ MY post carefully. 

Read my post carefully

Are they fully approved by the FDA ?

Pfizer is fully approved (and that's just a little virtue signaling on your part, anyway)

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Read my post carefully

Are they fully approved by the FDA ?

What are you on about? Pfizer is fully approved.  

These mandates are getting rid of teachers who cannot learn, nurses/docs who don't believe in science, military folks who reject duty, and cops who don't want to protect people.  

Its great.  Plus, now the right wingers can go get one of those minimum wage jobs they think people should be grateful for.

• Like 10
33 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Oh, so mandates are OK with full FDA approval but prior to that they're about dictatorial control? This is truly some funny shit.

"It's All About Control."

I'm getting sick of people parroting that line.  It doesn't fucking mean anything.  You can bark that out in response to any rule or regulation.   Some restaurants require jackets and neckties. It's all about control.

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

How many millions of people have received the Moderna and J&J vaccines without issue?  Why did the FDA authorize their emergency use?   Fuck anyone too stupid to get the shot(s).

• Like 2

What would this world be like if this many people reacted the same way to the smallpox vaccine or the polio vaccine?  This whole thing is insane.

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Oh no! Who will man speed traps and beat up colored folks?!

Painting the entire police force with that broad brush does no one any favors, and gives ammunition to some.  I have friends that are cops - good cops as far as I know.  And they've been going through absolutely hell because of the assholes.  Might as well paint the entire white population of the earth with the same brush because of MAGAts.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Most First responders along with municipal  employees  have decent healthcare

Totally untrue.  In fact, most true First Responders - those in ambulance services, do NOT have good health care.  Largely due to privatized companies and their race to the bottom and fleece those that have to pay.  Firefighters?  Same deal for a lot of the volunteer departments.  And I hate to tell you this - but volunteer departments are the rule rather than the exception when you get outside the cities.

But hey - don't let a little thing like fact interrupt your flow of bullshit Comrade.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Painting the entire police force with that broad brush does no one any favors, and gives ammunition to some.  I have friends that are cops - good cops as far as I know.  And they've been going through absolutely hell because of the assholes.  Might as well paint the entire white population of the earth with the same brush because of MAGAts.

Fair enough 

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Totally untrue.  In fact, most true First Responders - those in ambulance services, do NOT have good health care.  Largely due to privatized companies and their race to the bottom and fleece those that have to pay.  Firefighters?  Same deal for a lot of the volunteer departments.  And I hate to tell you this - but volunteer departments are the rule rather than the exception when you get outside the cities.

But hey - don't let a little thing like fact interrupt your flow of bullshit Comrade.

All “volunteer” here. They get a silly hourly rate as a thank you. No benefits. There is a big discussion about fixing that problem. Lots of Big Talk. It’s about like Infrastructure Week. 

19 minutes ago, benwynn said:

"It's All About Control."

I'm getting sick of people parroting that line.  It doesn't fucking mean anything.  You can bark that out in response to any rule or regulation.   Some restaurants require jackets and neckties. It's all about control.

They say I can't take a shit on the metro train floor-- it's all about control.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

If your friends are good cops and are going through hell then maybe the blue wall of silence needs to come down and fewer Back the Badge lawn signs standing next to Trump 2024 and Stop the Steal signs would be appropriate.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Jules said:

What would this world be like if this many people reacted the same way to the smallpox vaccine or the polio vaccine?  This whole thing is insane.

this .

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Tell me Joke, how would you reduce 45.3 million infections and close to 750,000 dead?

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Euripides nailed it 2500 years ago;

"talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish"

The more things change...

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Are those small departments firing people who are not vaccinated?  
How about volunteer departments?

I think every one should get vaccinated.  But this is going to be a double edged sword and the country as a whole is going to experience some serious pain as this is rammed through.   

Are those small departments firing people who are not vaccinated?  
How about volunteer departments?

I think every one should get vaccinated.  But this is going to be a double edged sword and the country as a whole is going to experience some serious pain as this is rammed through.   

no, it's not. Not if the prelim results of areas like Houston hospital workers, with a couple hundred fired out of 20,000.

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

It’s all about control.  

that's obviously crap, Jerker, but at least it adheres to your ridiculous idiot's agenda, doesn't it.

you fkn' dummy.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

no, it's not. Not if the prelim results of areas like Houston hospital workers, with a couple hundred fired out of 20,000.

We were talking police.  1/3 of Chicago cops  

Chicago

(Bloomberg) -- Police unions in America’s biggest cities are resisting Covid-19 vaccination mandates, placing the officers they represent at odds with their task of protecting residents.

The New York City Police Benevolent Association, representing 24,000 uniformed cops, said it will legally challenge Mayor Bill de Blasio’s mandate for all city employees, hours after it was announced on Wednesday. About a third of Chicago’s police department as of Tuesday hadn’t complied with the city’s order to report their vaccination status last week. In Los Angeles, the city council may extend its mandate deadline as more than 3,000 officers remain unvaccinated.

27 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Chicago

(Bloomberg) -- Police unions in America’s biggest cities are resisting Covid-19 vaccination mandates, placing the officers they represent at odds with their task of protecting residents.

The New York City Police Benevolent Association, representing 24,000 uniformed cops, said it will legally challenge Mayor Bill de Blasio’s mandate for all city employees, hours after it was announced on Wednesday. About a third of Chicago’s police department as of Tuesday hadn’t complied with the city’s order to report their vaccination status last week. In Los Angeles, the city council may extend its mandate deadline as more than 3,000 officers remain unvaccinated.

Awww. The snowflakes don’t want to follow a law they don’t like. What a surprise. Good riddance to ‘em.

• Like 2

Okay, calm down everybody.

I have no issue with officers needing to get tested regularly in lieu of vaccination. I also have no problem with those that have natural immunity being vaccine exempt.

Cops are the good guys.

14 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Cops are the good guys.

They (the unvaxxed douchenuggets) sure the fuck aren't acting like it...

15 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Okay, calm down everybody.

I have no issue with officers needing to get tested regularly in lieu of vaccination. I also have no problem with those that have natural immunity being vaccine exempt.

Cops are the good guys.

Fine them for non-compliance.  Make the deadline 31 December, and announce a fine of $10/day starting 1 January.  Donate the proceeds to families of fallen officers.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Chicago

Fire the troglodytes if they persist.  In business like airlines and health care where there are vacine mandates the compliance has been in the high 90% range.  Why is that?  Because these are generally well adjusted, high functioning adults.  It’s past time we purged the police of ASSHOLES. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Fine them for non-compliance.  Make the deadline 31 December, and announce a fine of $10/day starting 1 January.  Donate the proceeds to families of fallen officers.

I’d agree with that. 

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I pegged you as pro-union.

Nah, I am a right to work kind of guy.
Although my spouse belongs to a union, she hates it and had to take a small pay reduction when they became a union shop......

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

Laws - feel free to ignore the ones you don't like.

Signed,

The Cops and the Republicans in Congress.

good to know :rolleyes:

Expanded.

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

Yes

- DSK

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

What an asshole.

Had to video himself being a deviant, just to make points for....... Whom? TRUMP and his cronies? That's just sick.

Good riddance.

Here's article with transcript.  He never mentioned TFG.  

Robert LaMay: Resigning State Trooper tells Jay Inslee to 'kiss my a**' over vaccine mandate | MEAWW

It's not only Police leaving    Terminated Seattle firefighters turn in their boots (mynorthwest.com)

WSDOT  is firing 21 percent.  WSDOT accounts for 21% of state employees fired over vaccine mandate (mynorthwest.com)

Those are the folks who snowplow passes in the winter.   

we are safe now

20 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Robert LaMay: Resigning State Trooper tells Jay Inslee to 'kiss my a**' over vaccine mandate | MEAWW

It's not only Police leaving    Terminated Seattle firefighters turn in their boots (mynorthwest.com)

WSDOT  is firing 21 percent.  WSDOT accounts for 21% of state employees fired over vaccine mandate (mynorthwest.com)

we are safe now

So, you want -that- whackadoodle to be carrying a gun thru -your- neighborhood, supposedly keeping you safe?

He seems unstable to me, whether specifically mentioning Trump or not.

- DSK

The nasty racist murdering cop is gone, Steamers.  You are Safe from him. 

Have you ever driven Snoqualmie pass in the winter ??  Not to worry, you'll be fine.

, maybe you should grab a couple of extra fire extinguishers ,,

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

we are safe now

Your post is misleading. From the article you linked:

State reports 92% compliance after vaccine mandate deadline

At the start of work Monday, WSDOT had 6,813 employees. By the end of the day, 402 were gone, roughly 6% of the total work force. Of that number, 358 were fired for refusing to get the vaccine. There were a total of 63 retirements, 19 were previously planned and not due to the mandate.

WSDOT reports that 88 employees requested medical exemptions and 83 were approved. There were 572 religious exemptions requested and 455 of those were approved. There were 43 medical accommodations made. Another 51 religious accommodations were approved. There are also 108 WSDOT employees who have started the vaccination process and are on leave until fully vaccinated.

The largest segment of WSDOT employees to lose their jobs falls under the ferry service, which is already struggling to crew its boats.

• Like 1

We have had a few die of Covid in the area.  Clay county gave their unvaxed covid death offiicer a big ass parade as a hero.

11 hours ago, bridhb said:

We have had a few die of Covid in the area.  Clay county gave their unvaxed covid death offiicer a big ass parade as a hero.

What a bunch of shit.  Given these cowards the dignity of a death in the line of duty is horse shit.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

What a bunch of shit.  Given these cowards the dignity of a death in the line of duty is horse shit.

Don't they have a medal for "Died from Stupidity"?

9 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

You are jumping to the conclusion that the officer died recently.  Many officers contracted Covid while serving the community, from infected citizens.   Many of those deaths were pre vaccine and were rightly treated as dying in the line of duty.   

You are jumping to the conclusion that 

Were he to die in a single vehicle accident while driving the patrol car drunk would he still be deserving of a "hero's parade"? In both cases he endangered the public and died from a conscious decision and action/inaction.  Neither drinking on the job nor refusing the vaccine are examples of selfless public service but callous self involvement.

• Like 1

You are jumping to the conclusion that the officer died recently.  Many officers contracted Covid while serving the community, from infected citizens.   Many of those deaths were pre vaccine and were rightly treated as dying in the line of duty.   

He died recently, within the last two months at the latest.  I will try to dig up an article.

1 minute ago, learningJ24 said:

Were he to die in a single vehicle accident while driving the patrol car drunk would he still be deserving of a "hero's parade"? In both cases he endangered the public and died from a conscious decision and action/inaction.  Neither drinking on the job nor refusing the vaccine are examples of selfless public service but callous self involvement.

Reading is fundamental. Again without location and time frame of when that person died you have no clue if he even had the option to get vaccinated.  
Cops that died from Covid

9 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

It was Clay County.  I am sure he was considered a patriotic freedom fighter that gave the ultimate sacrifice.  I think there was a gofundme of course.

1 minute ago, bridhb said:

He died recently, within the last two months at the latest.  I will try to dig up an article.

I do know hundreds have died long before the vaccine was available.  Their sacrifice shouldn’t be lumped in with the vaccine debate  

12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Reading is fundamental. Again without location and time frame of when that person died you have no clue if he even had the option to get vaccinated.  
Cops that died from Covid

Thinking is fundamental.  What are the odds that a vaccine was not available to a police officer at some time during the last year?  What are the odds that he was allergic to one of the components of the vaccine? Those are clues to why he contracted the disease.

But you didn't answer the original question; drunk driving death and covid dealth both heroes?

I do know hundreds have died long before the vaccine was available.  Their sacrifice shouldn’t be lumped in with the vaccine debate  

Clay County Sheriff’s Office loses deputy to COVID-19 (msn.com)

August.  Is that far enough into the availability of vaccines to qualify?  Several other police in the area have also passed recently.  His death should be mourned, but it should also be used to educate people on how serious this is.

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No but those that refuse to be vaccinated should not get any rewards either.

54 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Clay County Sheriff’s Office loses deputy to COVID-19 (msn.com)

August.  Is that far enough into the availability of vaccines to qualify?  Several other police in the area have also passed recently.  His death should be mourned, but it should also be used to educate people on how serious this is.

I agree with that.  Looks like he also served in the navy for 20 years.  So in. My opinion well deserving of the accolades upon his passing.  Again I fully support getting the vaccination 

51 minutes ago, Gangbusters said:

No but those that refuse to be vaccinated should not get any rewards either.

So if an overweight cop dies of a heart attack while chasing a suspect. Fuck em?

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So if an overweight cop dies of a heart attack while chasing a suspect. Fuck em?

Fat-cop-necrophilia?

The internet is truly full of things I would never have thought of. Nor wish to.

- DSK

40 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Fat-cop-necrophilia?

The internet is truly full of things I would never have thought of. Nor wish to.

- DSK

It’s becoming clearer,  post by post that you have no concept of words or their meanings. 

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

:lol:

Fuck, this is QUALITY entertainment.

Thanks, man!!

- DSK

I’m glad you are amused. it wasn’t really meant as a joke.  

Regardless Simple pleasures for the simple minded 

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I’m glad you are amused. it wasn’t really meant as a joke.  

Regardless Simple pleasures for the simple minded 

You know what simple minded people do?  They randomly capitalize words that don’t need capitalization.  Trump does it all the time.

SAD!

Not exactly, they are dead at that point, what punishment would you give them?

Vaccines

Bullet Proof Vests

Parachutes

Fire Proof Turnout Gear

Poison Gas Alarms

Gas Masks

Gloves

Safety Glasses

Seatbelts

I could go on, there 1001 things required to do various jobs safely and ignoring these requirements can lead to injury or death. Everyone is free to quit various dangerous jobs if they don't like the gear.

This thread is about Cops and the Covid vaccine. Do you want to expand it to be about overall health qualifications?

2 minutes ago, Gangbusters said:

This thread is about Cops and the Covid vaccine. Do you want to expand it to be about overall health qualifications?

Because people in all jobs make poor decisions about their health.  Refusing to get the vaccine is another poor health decision.   

6 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Not exactly, they are dead at that point, what punishment would you give them?

Vaccines

Bullet Proof Vests

Parachutes

Fire Proof Turnout Gear

Poison Gas Alarms

Gas Masks

Gloves

Safety Glasses

Seatbelts

I could go on, there 1001 things required to do various jobs safely and ignoring these requirements can lead to injury or death. Everyone is free to quit various dangerous jobs if they don't like the gear.

My post was in response to denying any “rewards”  like a funeral procession to a dead officer.  

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Because people in all jobs make poor decisions about their health.  Refusing to get the vaccine is another poor health decision.   

Except that refusing vaccination deleteriously impacts public health and raises health care costs  (monetary and non monetary) for all.  Since these are public employees we can punish them for their poor decision.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Except that refusing vaccination deleteriously impacts public health and raises health care costs  (monetary and non monetary) for all.  Since these are public employees we can punish them for their poor decision.

Excuse me. Aren't you the guy that wouldn't/won't wear a mask at the gym?

9 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Excuse me. Aren't you the guy that wouldn't/won't wear a mask at the gym?

That’s me.  It was a calculated risk.  No one else was wearing a mask so I wasn’t endangering anyone there.  I otherwise spent my time before I got Infected scrupulously social distancing from my family avoiding indoor bars and restaurants etc.

Thanks to previously being infected AND getting vaccinated I’m now super immune so it worked out

27 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Kind of like if heart attacks were highly contagious, we might care more about fat cops ;)

39 minutes ago, The Joker said:

My post was in response to denying any “rewards”  like a funeral procession to a dead officer.  

I just was at such a funeral and no rewards were denied, but reality was denied on a scale I have never seen before. NO ONE even mentioned, implied, or hinted at the fact the deceased was dead by choice and not random chance. Even when they have a corpse in front of them, the anti-vaxxers cannot process that this person need not be dead.

* Air Force pilots that are idiots and crash their planes still get a proper military send-off, usually someone will say something like "He gave his life for his country in the manner we all expected of him" :lol:

Because SOME people in all jobs make poor decisions about their health.  Refusing to get the vaccine is another poor health decision.   

With the additional word above (you know what it means, right?), I now agree completely with ^ this ^

- DSK

47 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I just was at such a funeral and no rewards were denied, but reality was denied on a scale I have never seen before. NO ONE even mentioned, implied, or hinted at the fact the deceased was dead by choice and not random chance. Even when they have a corpse in front of them, the anti-vaxxers cannot process that this person need not be dead.

* Air Force pilots that are idiots and crash their planes still get a proper military send-off, usually someone will say something like "He gave his life for his country in the manner we all expected of him" :lol:

Well I’ve been at funerals for smokers that died of  cancer and I never heard anyone approach a grieving family member telling them gee the Ass hole shouldn’t have smoked.   In the background those conversations do take place as I expect they would at an anti Vaccine funeral for someone that died of Covid. 

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

You know what simple minded people do?  They randomly capitalize words that don’t need capitalization.  Trump does it all the time.

SAD!

Or it's a convention used by people that write as if the sentence was spoken so that the capitalization provides the emphasis that would otherwise be conveyed by tone.  

When used excessively, it becomes Trumpian. 

17 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

Or it's a convention used by people that write as if the sentence was spoken so that the capitalization provides the emphasis that would otherwise be conveyed by tone.  

When used excessively, it becomes Trumpian. 

I thought that's what italics and *asterisks* were for. Random capitalization is a sign of Random Mental Processes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I thought that's what italics and *asterisks* were for. Random capitalization is a sign of Random Mental Processes.

And I thought that italics were used for titles and asterisks for footnotes.  Different conventions. While random capitalizations would reflect the above, intentional would not.  

28 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Not to mention underscores, quotation marks, bolding, etc.