Candace Owens calls for the U.S. to invade Australia to free them from tyranny

Outspoken conservative political commentator Candace Owens has suggested the US military invade Australia in order to free its people “suffering under a totalitarian regime” while drawing comparisons to Hitler, Stalin and the Taliban.

Owens made the comments on her self-titled Daily Wire TV show earlier this week, declaring Covid-19 had propelled the planet into an “ideological and psychological” global war.

“When do we deploy troops to Australia? When do we invade Australia and free an oppressed people who are suffering under a totalitarian regime? When do we spend trillions of dollars to spread democracy in Australia?” she asked.

While US rightwing commentators are keen to portray Australians suffering under tyranny, the public health measures adopted by federal, state and territory governments have been overwhelmingly supported by the population.

The measures have also been largely successful. While Australia has had about 1,500 deaths and 130,000 cases, the figures are far below the US death toll of 730,000 deaths and 45m cases, even on a per capita basis.

The high-profile host went on to describe Australia as a “tyrannical police state” where “its citizens are quite literally being imprisoned against their will”.

“When do we deploy? Of course, I ask that in jest because we all know the real answer. What is happening in Australia under the guise of a virus … is federal overreach, tyranny, totalitarianism – the kind that gives birth to evil dictatorships and human atrocities,” Owens added.

“We are watching a replay of the early ambitions of Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chávez.”

The ardent Trump supporter questioned whether the Australian government is “any better or any nobler than the Taliban” declaring that they both “believe that they have a right to oppress and a right to imprison people for their own good”.

Earlier this month anti-vaccine protesters marched outside the Australian consulate in New York while chanting “save Australia” before tearing down a free Covid-19 testing stand.

Last week US republican senator Ted Cruz made a similar swipe at Australia’s Covid policies, lamenting the “Covid tyranny of their [Australia’s] current government,” which he said was “disgraceful and sad”.

“Individual liberty matters,” Cruz declared, adding he had considered Australia the “Texas of the Pacific”.

The Northern Territory chief minister, Michael Gunner, hit back by responding on Twitter with a statement sharing a “few facts about Covid down here” and tagging Cruz.

“You know nothing about us. And if you stand against a life-saving vaccine, then you sure as hell don’t stand with Australia,” Gunner said. “I love Texas (go Longhorns), but when it comes to Covid, I’m glad we are nothing like you.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/22/rightwing-pundit-candace-owens-suggests-us-invade-australia-to-free-an-oppressed-people

• badlatitude changed the title to Candace Owens calls for the U.S. to invade Australia to free them from tyranny

On the those websites that showcase smug right wingers who refused vaccine and then died of COVID , the dead fools usually have at least one quote from this crazy bitch. 

It's enough that one could easily generate a correlation between being a fan of her and dieing of covid (but I guess that's with all FOX news bullshit).

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Who is Candace Owens and why should I care?  Sure looks like another fruitcake that shouldn't even be given notice, much less 'outrage'.

She is the latest darling of the right, cited frequently by Trump, who enjoyed her lunacy. Her latest comment stirred up a shitstorm and she is trying to backpedal her quote. Australians are busy trying to figure out who the hell is Candace Owens.

She really needs to go to Australia to see the horror of the lack of freedom there for herself. After that she could learn about local wildlife.

I'd recommend for her to closely inspect box jellyfish, brown snakes, bull sharks, funnel web spiders, etc. 

1 minute ago, gptyk said:

She really needs to go to Australia to see the horror of the lack of freedom there for herself. After that she could learn about local wildlife.

I'd recommend for her to closely inspect box jellyfish, brown snakes, bull sharks, funnel web spiders, etc. 

She should paddleboard the Adelaide river.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I would get in trouble.

no doubt you've heard what happened to the last fella to walk on water ....................

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Who is Candace Owens and why should I care?  Sure looks like another fruitcake that shouldn't even be given notice, much less 'outrage'.

She's one of the RWNJ token Negroes. And a space cadet.

Well, the MIC needs another war. Gotta be a county they "Think" they can defeat easily, and then run away from 10-15-20 years later with tails-between-legs.

14 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

IIRC she started out a a wild eyed leftist.....

How cool would it be to not need a visa to go to the land of OZ?

Free The Grumpy!

She said she was a liberal in a debate, but there is no evidence that she really was. She was anti-Trump at one time, saw an opening and never looked back. My guess is she is all about money.

22 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Well, the MIC needs another war. Gotta be a county they "Think" they can defeat easily, and then run away from 10-15-20 years later with tails-between-legs.

Haiti? Can the Best Americans make bank on a nation building exercise in our backyard? Wall Street could put generic shithole resorts all over the place and the people would work for less than it takes to feed the family dog. 

6 hours ago, gptyk said:

Dropbears.  Always watch out for dropbears.

i-Zx8gPfK-X3.jpg

• Like 1

I would be impressed and amazed if she could find Australia on a map of the world in under 2 minutes, even if it had AUSTRALIA written across it in big shiny red letters.

"Awrstralya, lesseee..... somewhere by France.....thass close by Canada.......where the hell is France....?"

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Screaming fire in an Australian theater is just good fun?

That's not what I said. You wouldn't say "we are taking on water, we are going to pass out life vests". Ergo, you wouldn't get in trouble.

Just now, badlatitude said:
5 minutes ago, 00seven said:

You're lying. We're not stupid

I would say that you will never be in danger of dying of brain cancer.

Watch out, he's starting to use the Royal "We".

On 10/23/2021 at 2:22 AM, badlatitude said:

I would get in trouble. I couldn't resist saying "we are taking on water, we are going to pass out life vests".

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Shock me, say something intelligent.

Like your earlier example? That's pretty "intelligent"....

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Wouldn’t most of the folks on the boat be dumbass tourists (maybe Americans?)

Haven't seen a foreign tourist here for quite a while. Did you have a point to make?

Back to Candace.  She's attractive. And her goal of creating a genuine splinter group of blacks is laudable and timely. Her switch to the right isn't about anything but power. And her move away from the D side of things jibes with the growing notion that blacks don't need pampering or special rules which is something I agree with.

image.jpeg.556f033617ec9b161633c05df468c8c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.832d3eb5414f9fa88412988bb6fdd682.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Back to Candace.  She's attractive. And her goal of creating a genuine splinter group of blacks is laudable and timely. Her switch to the right isn't about anything but power. And her move away from the D side of things jibes with the growing notion that blacks don't need pampering or special rules which is something I agree with.

image.jpeg.556f033617ec9b161633c05df468c8c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.832d3eb5414f9fa88412988bb6fdd682.jpeg

Problem:

Republicans would exclude them outright. Shucks, about half the Republican Party would like to bring back slavery... only they'd include spics and chinks this time.

The "original" Constitution was fine with women not voting, and colored people as slaves. And guess what, there were black slave owners too Back In The Day. Just a few, very few in fact, but it looks like dear Candace is angling to be one of them.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Republicans would exclude them outright.

Sez you. Pew and I say 30M black registered voters will not be excluded or ignored. Candace is operating on the "what have you got to lose?" thinking. Perhaps the Right will simply coalesce around religion initially, and worry about the rest of the stuff after back in the saddle.

The number of Black Americans eligible to vote for president has reached a record 30 million in 2020, with more than one-third living in nine of the nation’s most competitive states – Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin – a higher share than the 29% of all U.S. eligible voters who live in these states. Nationwide, Black eligible voters now make up 12.5% of the U.S. electorate, up from 11.5% in 2000.

... Four-in-ten Black eligible voters are Millennials or GenZers. Owens is 32 years old. I've been wondering who would step up. I dunno if it's this kid, I've barely heard of her. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Sez you. Pew and I say 30M black registered voters will not be excluded or ignored. Candace is operating on the "what have you got to lose?" thinking  ...

That, and appealing to the anger many black people feel when told they are just getting handouts, can probably influence a lot of black voters to vote Republican.

Of course, that ignores the plain fact that 1- it's Republicans doing the accusing and 2- Republicans would cut off everything seen as a "handout" such as college admissions, open doors to professions, employment, equal pay for equal work, etc etc.

Many black people are social conservatives (churches especially) and strongly dislike the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. Considering that poor whites vote themselves into serfdom eagerly enough, why wouldn't black people vote themselves into slavery, too?

- DSK

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Stupid doesn't even come close to describing him.

I've noticed over the past few years that the language is becoming increasingly inadequate to describe the intellectual shortcomings and weirdness of right wingers.

42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I've noticed over the past few years that the language is becoming increasingly inadequate to describe the intellectual shortcomings and weirdness of right wingers.

Fuckit, I was typing out a length rejoinder, and just decided to shorten it.

They are fucked in the head.

There is no such thing as a reality which can possibly comport with their entire belief structure based on being told what to think, and from a thousands year old collection of goatherders tales.  It does not matter to them that if they were born in a different part of their county they would favor a different flavor of xtian ideology, or if born in a different country a different religion entirely.

So they make their own 'reality' based on suffering through this life until the supposed afterlife. What a waste of this one shot of life they have. 

I now reply to anyone who says I respect their religion - "I respect your right to believe in whatever you believe. This does not mean I have to respect what you choose to believe, particularly if your choices impact others negatively."

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Problem:

Republicans would exclude them outright. Shucks, about half the Republican Party would like to bring back slavery... only they'd include spics and chinks this time.

The "original" Constitution was fine with women not voting, and colored people as slaves. And guess what, there were black slave owners too Back In The Day. Just a few, very few in fact, but it looks like dear Candace is angling to be one of them.

- DSK

Just as likely she's angling for Alex Jones' level money. Being batshit nuts can be extremely lucrative if done Right.  However these two things are not mutually exclusive. 

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Just as likely she's angling for Alex Jones' level money. Being batshit nuts can be extremely lucrative if done Right.  However these two things are not mutually exclusive. 

Indeed. I'm going to check her out. I pick my pols on their looks, first and foremost. She's newish to me. I had her sorta conflated as Cori Bush. No mas. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Not true. She's making bank. Being a black Republican mouthpiece can be very profitable.

She's an uppity nigger speaking out against the Democrats?

Caution: I was tsked tsked recently for the use of "uppity."

I see her as a comer. 

A simplification for sure: But after King was killed, there has been a vacuum at the top of black leadership imo. Rev Jesse Jackson didn't quite measure up, apparently; Rev Al is kind of a joke in my eyes as is Rev Barber ... but they all have God in common, as does Ms Owens. See where I'm going here? 

The R behind all the names isn't "Republican" ... it's "Religious."

9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Caution: I was tsked tsked recently for the use of "uppity."

I see her as a comer. 

A simplification for sure: But after King was killed, there has been a vacuum at the top of black leadership imo. Rev Jesse Jackson didn't quite measure up, apparently; Rev Al is kind of a joke in my eyes as is Rev Barber ... but they all have God in common, as does Ms Owens. See where I'm going here? 

The R behind all the names isn't "Republican" ... it's "Religious."

Hey. I see her remark aout Aussie as sarc. In that light, it's a fair jab IMO.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2021 at 5:07 AM, dfw_sailor said:

I now reply to anyone who says I respect their religion - "I respect your right to believe in whatever you believe. This does not mean I have to respect what you choose to believe, particularly if your choices impact others negatively."

My take is, I respect your right to believe whatever you wish. I do NOT respect your claim to be empowered to act on those beliefs in any way that affects others.

FKT

• Like 1
On 10/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, badlatitude said:

Outspoken conservative political commentator Candace Owens has suggested the US military invade Australia in order to free its people

The locals will welcome us with open arms! Hell, once we take over the coal mines the war will pay for itself!

1 hour ago, Willin' said:

The locals will welcome us with open arms! Hell, once we take over the coal mines the war will pay for itself!

I wonder if they could sweeten the pot by "discovering" a vast lake of oil under the desert. Be a shame to waste all that desert equipment they have lying around now. 

Let's just face it...  It's a crazy outrage contest.  Candice, Tucker, et al have to keep raising the bar and say crazier and crazier shit to stay relevant.  And they are ginning people up in the process.

I've got a friend on FB who was a former colleague.  I don't work with him any more, but he is still in the same industry and I like to keep in touch because you never know when you might need a job.   He was a very reasonable person when I worked with him.  Over the last 5 or so years, he's gone pretty much fucking crazy in regard to politics.  I mean like "Ashli Babbit is an absolute hero and the cop who shot her is a coward and scum of the earth" crazy.  He's like a different person.  Somebody is feeding him.  And I think it's the TV and Internet personalities that are constantly cranking it up a notch.  This shit is not slowing down. 

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

A couple I know is breaking up after 40 years. She refuses to listen to hubs who has gone over the trumpian hill. 

Really? 40 years and chuck it in over politics? You're shitting me?

I can't see it...

I'm not saying it's not so, it just boggles my mind

Yep. I'm in a bit of a hotbed surrounded by ex-mil trumpets. They are genuinely locked and loaded. We all are.

Wife is a leftie through and through. Dude in question was not known as a nutjob, though an R voter. Not a southerner by birth but hates all the same people. Nam bullshitter. TFG just lit him up. He doesn't know enough to argue policy. He continues to bait the few indys in the mix. And he's the alpha of his pack.

He's not going to do well on his own and is apparently too dumb to just stop. I would not be surprised if she put him down herself.

42 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Really? 40 years and chuck it in over politics? You're shitting me?

I can't see it...

I'm not saying it's not so, it just boggles my mind

Of course

When you're the asshole in the room, you think other people should just tolerate and coddle raging assholes

- DSK