Why do I post on Sailing/General Anarchy?

After all, I could post on Nextdoor for my neighbors to see, using my actual persona.

And if my thought dreams could be seen. They'd probably put my head in a guillotine.  BD

Just now, hobot said:

Yeah, but it's a thinking man kind of comedy.

You've got to learn to read the room, tone it down a bit.

Well, I'd never bring politics into the room, this is GA.

• Like 1

Thread drift, as if you'd notice.  The stray, unwanted and unloved dogs did not bite me today.  At the end of the day I took one happy soul from his cage to try to put him in a crate so that his cage could be cleaned.  He didn't think it was a good idea and let me know it.  We went outside and had a nice little walk.  I explained the facts of life to him and patted him on the head.  He went back to the clean cage a little happier fellow.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, hasher said:

That was nice.

You are new here.

Playing nice is boring.

Yeah, I know. Bean a reader/lurker for many years. Shit shows and shit fights are the specialty of the house

Just now, Klindy said:

Yeah, I know. Bean a reader/lurker for many years. Shit shows and shit fights are the specialty of the house

I went to one boxing match in my life.  It was Golden Gloves championship.  The early rounds were boxers.  People got antsy.  The heavy weights gave the blood letting that the tickets paid for.  I abhor boxing.

• Like 1
Just now, loneshark64 said:

Because Nextdoor doesn’t have National Cleavage Day. 

If your Nextdoor does, we’re all coming over.

You don't live in a big city with high rises?

I'm thinking about my next move, no not in bed with whatever.

A boat.  This is GA, am I forbidden to talk boat in GA?

Fluck it, this is anarchy.  By the way, I have another drift I'd like to go to on that word.  Maybe I'll write a book.  You'll be in it.  Duck.

So, a boat on Lake Lanier.  A boat in Brunswick.  Or a trailer sailor.  Decisions.  Your opinion doesn't matter, but your comments might.

If you can afford two, get two,

Trailer sailing is a PITA. Even shutting down a sailboat at the dock can get pretty old - without having to completely unrig it every time.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Trailer sailing is a PITA. Even shutting down a sailboat at the dock can get pretty old - without having to completely unrig it every time.

Covid has flucked the world.  You remember, that fake shit.  Good grief, may the gdamn thang get a bit faker.  Yes it changed my projectory.  And I should complain.  I understand all of the options require energy.  I'll give you this:  

9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

I live on the coast of Maine. 38F3555E-A0C5-4E11-86C5-20E6235677E8.thumb.jpeg.92d28177dcbd2f74069678004778ae8b.jpeg

I don't mean to sound like the dirty old man that I am, but isn't there something so beautiful about youth.  I quote, Life is wasted on them.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, hasher said:

I don't mean to sound like the dirty old man that I am, but isn't there something so beautiful about youth.  I quote, Life is wasted on them.

Sad but true. These two live in an age when girls can be lobstermen. Not everything is getting worse.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, hasher said:

buds

Bug hunters

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Bug hunters

Lobster hunters, bug hunters, girls and boys.   If you had only a daughter who would you be rooting for?

Life is no competition, it is a cooperative effort.  If only the Committee on Unamerican Activities could be revived.  

3 hours ago, hasher said:

And if my thought dreams could be seen. They'd probably put my head in a guillotine.  BD

Probably  good thing we can't see you dreams or mine.

2 hours ago, hasher said:

Covid has flucked the world.  

Actually it is the Human Race that has flucked the world.

We are borne and we die, in between we try to go sailing AMAP

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Meat Wad said:

Actually it is the Human Race that has flucked the world.

In between born and death is life.  In life there is love, blessing, forgiveness and regret among other experiences.

Sailing is an occupation or an avocation or a dream or a bit of bliss in what seems like doom.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hasher said:

Lobster hunters, bug hunters, girls and boys.   If you had only a daughter who would you be rooting for?

Life is no competition, it is a cooperative effort.  If only the Committee on Unamerican Activities could be revived.  

Yes.

As Linda Greenlaw once said: "Those aren't kayaks, those we call 'Speed bumps'"

10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Lobsterpersons.

In Maine female lobster fishers are called “lobstermen”. They hold about 10% of the licenses now. On the boats female sternmen are called “sternmen” though most of them look like rather stern women. I see a fair number of them out there. In ME there are way too many overweight people, but not these female lobstermen, they almost all look buff and fit to fight. It is a hard job.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, hasher said:

In between born and death is life.  In life there is love, blessing, forgiveness and regret among other experiences.

Sailing is an occupation or an avocation or a dream or a bit of bliss in what seems like doom.

This is so true. Who can say they’ve not experienced LBF&R? And sailing, the fortunate few, compared to the world’s population.

8 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Abuse Deficiency Syndrome 

Terminal Cases gravitate towards PA

This!

13 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Sad but true. These two live in an age when girls can be lobstermen. Not everything is getting worse.

Not necessarily a good thing. Between warming waters, changing migration patterns and baitfish going MIA, I'm not super optimistic for the fishery.

Oh, yeah, I got my first bug showing signs of shell wasting this summer. If that shit sets in it's all over baby blue.

10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yes.

As Linda Greenlaw once said: "Those aren't kayaks, those we call 'Speed bumps'"

We were returning to Papeete from Moorea on the afternoon ferry once. Every afternoon the entire harbor is aswarm with locals out paddling their outrigger canoes, they literally blanket the water.

The ferry charged into the thick of them at speed, no horn blasts, no slowing, no change of course.

The swarm simply paddled out of the way, parting like the Red Sea. No screamed threats, angry gestures, swear words or lawyers called.

Life in balance.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Not necessarily a good thing. Between warming waters, changing migration patterns and baitfish going MIA, I'm not super optimistic for the fishery.

Oh, yeah, I got my first bug showing signs of shell wasting this summer. If that shit sets in it's all over baby blue.

Seems like a matter of time. Growing up in southern New England it was lobster and crab pots and flounder. Coming through there on my boat this summer, few pots, and of course the flounder are long gone. It’s going to decline and/or move north. It was cod etc before they switched to lobster, but after lobster who knows if there will be something to switch to.

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Depends on the boat. Some are more, some are less PITA than others.

Some, like a Lightning or a Santana 23, are a PITA and require a lot of finicky labor because they have large powerful rigs and are exciting/fun to sail. Others like the Catalina 22 are an even bigger PITA because they are heavy and rigged to copy 40-footers, which I suppose provides a lot of satisfaction to those who like them.

The easiest boats I know of are the Com-Pacs and the Sea Pearls, which are easy and quick.

FB- Doug

13 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Actually it is the Human Race not Covid that has flucked the world.

13 hours ago, hasher said:

you boil sailing down to something that sounds awful

Of course in between there is all of those things. I have experienced them all having been around the world by the age of 12, then making sails and sailing for many years, then became disabled and still sailing and meeting more people from around the world in Para Sailing, then land sailing and meeting the desert rats. And of course helping to build this community which really seems to be a fractured microcosm of the world ripping it's self apart due to lack of direction.

Sailing is everything, it opened the world or as some say destroyed the world, Oh My

15 hours ago, Ishmael said:
16 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Lobsterpersons.

Lobsterers

6 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

In Maine female lobster fishers are called “lobstermen”. They hold about 10% of the licenses now. On the boats female sternmen are called “sternmen” though most of them look like rather stern women. I see a fair number of them out there. In ME there are way too many overweight people, but not these female lobstermen, they almost all look buff and fit to fight. It is a hard job.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Willin' said:

We were returning to Papeete from Moorea on the afternoon ferry once. Every afternoon the entire harbor is aswarm with locals out paddling their outrigger canoes, they literally blanket the water.

The ferry charged into the thick of them at speed, no horn blasts, no slowing, no change of course.

The swarm simply paddled out of the way, parting like the Red Sea. No screamed threats, angry gestures, swear words or lawyers called.

Life in balance.

Almost time we came into a pass in that area when there were paddlers out we always had a couple of riders on our stern wakes. They love to paddle up and pick up the extra couple of knots, hanging practically under the davits where we can't see them.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

An a ode to dog:

I love you my friend

Your circumstances aren't like mine

Be a good little pup

You pit bull who wants to pull me

I know you have aged in the pound

Please don't jump on me

I will give you my love

You are one of the loveliest of the 300 stray dogs

Don't tell them I said so.