weird craigslist nude art with baggage

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/art/d/carpinteria-original-1980-oil-nude/7399658510.html

so, this has been in the garage of my wife's family home for decades

it was given to her father who was a local GP and has been dead now for 5 years or so

he was literally paid with tamales and all kinds of stuff as he helped everyone, but he philandered after his wife had massive depression and hormonal issues and his daughter and daughter in law hold a lot of anger towards him, they cannot stand to think about this art work remaining extant

this ad is my solution, I could still lose a ball if someone actually buys it and doesn't want to burn it :)

one of you socal guys probably knows the woman in the painting, HA!

21 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/art/d/carpinteria-original-1980-oil-nude/7399658510.html

it was given to her father who was a local GP and has been dead now for 5 years or so

he was literally paid with tamales and all kinds of stuff as he helped everyone, but he philandered after his wife had massive depression and hormonal issues and his daughter and daughter in law hold a lot of anger towards him, they cannot stand to think about this art work remaining extant

this ad is my solution, I could still lose a ball if someone actually buys it and doesn't want to burn it :)

My god…that’s hideous. 

I kinda like it.

Not my style, but it'd be like burning a book. Better to give it away than burn it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, See Level said:

If you can locate the model I'm pretty sure she would pay the most for it 

If 20 at the time, she's 61 now.  Shit, if I was her I'd buy it and hang it above the fireplace.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

If 20 at the time, she's 61 now.  Shit, if I was her I'd buy it and hang it above the fireplace.

41 years ago I would have mounted her above the fire place, on the kitchen counter, on the garage floor, in the shower, on the beach, pretty much anywhere..... But 41 years ago I was 19 and could have done all those things...

30 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

41 years ago I would have mounted her above the fire place, on the kitchen counter, on the garage floor, in the shower, on the beach, pretty much anywhere..... But 41 years ago I was 19 and could have done all those things...

Ya I don't think that painting should be burned, not cool man.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mid said:

one mans meat is another's Yummy Beets

anyone gut a good ressapee

I've skinny dipped with a chick down at the old swimmin' hole a time or two. None of the chicks ever wore hosiery on the way there though.

9 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:
26 minutes ago, Willin' said:

I've skinny dipped with a chick down at the old swimmin' hole a time or two. None of the chicks ever wore hosiery on the way there though.

you have a keen eye sir

Mabey wase on waye home frome dinnere oute.............                      :)

14 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

voldemort's daughter ?

00G0G_Fh4YTmfOeXz_0oo0ww_1200x900.jpg

Hard to imagine it being any creepier, but someone needs to make a deepfake so that she's moving and looking around.

18 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Almost looks like a girl from Oxnard.... Estella Hernandez, but she referred to herself as "Mexican hairless." That is she was clean shaven long before it was vouge

• Like 1
Just now, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:
4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mabey wase on waye home frome dinnere oute.............                      :)

I like back stories and wild conjecture where naked women are concerned.

Me to, Ille contribiutte when possibelle..........              :)

On 10/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, Willin' said:

So they weren't ho-zers....

Can't blame a girl for wanting to clean up after a date in the back seat of a Buick Skylark before she goes home to cook spaghetti-Os for her husband and kids....

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

$5000 or Fahrenheit 451?

They chopped it up and took it down to the beach with a portable fire bowl and burned it up. It was so big they cut the face out and took photos with their faces sticking through. Pretty funny. They were too embarrassed to carry it down to the beach in one piece. Chickenshits.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

They chopped it up and took it down to the beach with a portable fire bowl and burned it up. It was so big they cut the face out and took photos with their faces sticking through. Pretty funny. They were too embarrassed to carry it down to the beach in one piece. Chickenshits.

It was probably painted over something else, like a lost Van Gogh.