We've been doing a 30 year house cleaning and a bunch of stuff is gone or has to go.

My collection of Multihulls Magazine is some of that stuff.

I've got about 120 of them from the late 70's to the mid 2000's.  Some of the real early ones got soaked after Hurricane Charley.

I sending some to Jill Nickerson and Robbie Daniel.  She wrote of their exploits as Americans doing the European Tornado circuit.

I thought about scanning them into a database, but SWMBO would not approve of buying a $400 sheet feeder scanner and I've got many things that I would rather do.

Does anyone want them, I'll send them to ya for postage.

Mr. Gibbs, do you want those of Afterburner?

• Like 1

I would love to have the issue that covered the Yachting One of a Kind regatta in New Orleans which was held in New Orleans at the Southern Yacht Club in April 1981. Charles Chiodi took his time getting issues out so I don't know just what month that coverage got published. I think I am in the centerfold shot of a capsized Reynolds 21 catamaran. The story Charles wrote about the USCG actions after our capsize and righting is classic! 

Let me know if you can find that issue please.

Any issues covering the 1986 Carlsberg TwoStar Race or the 1987 Worrell 1000 would interest me greatly too!

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm interested in any of them thru 1987 as memorabilia from my cat racing past.  If no one wants them, i do.

Also i was thinking that an easy way to digitize would be to set up a tripod and video the turning of the pages. We could just pause the video on the relevant pages.

20 hours ago, david r said:

change my answer to burn the lot or take to the landfill

yeah, that is what I did after keeping about a 3' long collection for years in the garage. Actually, I recycled them.  I use to eagerly anticipate their delivery and would stop everything to pour through them when they came (2 months late), but after sitting untouched for years after the demise of MM, I finally jettisoned them.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, Fat Point Jack said:

Mr. Gibbs, do you want those of Afterburner?

Thanks for thinking of me, but I was just looking at my piles of MM magazines with similar thoughts to your own.  I have the issues you mention, so no thank you.  But thanks for thinking of us.