Kyle Rittenhouse trial

3 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Seriously, Millions might have a passing interest, but "Millions" have not been glued to their tv's like you seem to be.  This is not the oj trial, and frankly, that trial didn't really have any affect on anyone besides those directly involved or for entertainment value..  Discussions yes, just like this one that I am participating in, in passing,

And, by the way, it was freaking OJ Simpson.  Whom we did have a passing previous connection to through football.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha ha ha, Americanos and their gun nutz, your gun culture is fucked. 

The fact that a young punk can present himself at a riot, parade around with an illegal assault rifle, shoots three people - (surprise surprise) and can reasonably be expect to be acquitted on grounds

I have to say that I regard anyone with a gun on their hip or slung over their shoulder walking around in public as being a threat to my life. I now include police in this generalization; I used to gi

Posted Images

Hey no excuse I’m a court junkie.  This is an interesting trial.   I don’t care about many threads that are  started here So I may or may not comment on them.  Yet this thread is what 20 plus pages long.  Seems there is more than a passing interest. 

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You didn't answer the question.  Did KR circumvent the law to obtain the weapon he used to shoot three people?

He circumvented the law to have a friend buy it for him.  Correct. BUT He was within his legal rights to be in Kenosha with that exact same gun he used to defend himself. 

Which was why that charge was dropped 

Just now, The Joker said:

He circumvented the law to have a friend buy it for him.  Correct. BUT He was within his legal rights to be in Kenosha with that exact same gun.  used to defend himself. 

Which was why that charge was dropped 

Great.  So the whole event started because of KR's deception.  It was the original sin.

25 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

joker, i am sure you are confused. just do your best to answer this question. pretend you are an American citizen.

So, if the young moron would have accidentally run those two over with his car, without a drivers license, could he say he was scared and get off?

8 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You didn't answer the question.  Did KR circumvent the law to obtain the weapon he used to shoot three people?

Do you not think he's just trying to waste your time?

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Great.  So the whole event started because of KR's deception.  It was the original sin.

I thought you had me on ignore.  Please go back to that because you are almost as ridiculous  as Steam with these silly what ifs. 

2 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Do you not think he's just trying to waste your time?

Actually I have one on ignore and the other claimed to be ignoring me.   So wasting time is simply their own decision and efforts.  

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

"What if" KR circumvented the law?  We all agree he did.  You included.

So?  It was a law that has no bearing on his guilt in this trial.  Just like the fact that he drove without a DL.   It does not remove his right to self defense.  That is what the jury will decide.  

Just now, The Joker said:

So?  It was a law that has no bearing on his guilt in this trial.  Just like the fact that he drove without a DL.   It does not remove his right to self defense.  That is what the jury will decide.  

Will you start a thread for the Black trial supporting the prosecution? 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not quite.

For one, we don't really know what the jury will decide. 36 pages of jury instruction seems a bit much.

On the surface, it looks like they will decide whether he initiated the contact, and if so, if he sufficiently retreated enough to regain his right of self defense. 

But no one knows what the jury has been asked to decide, other than the judge and the attorneys.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Not quite.

For one, we don't really know what the jury will decide. 36 pages of jury instruction seems a bit much.

On the surface, it looks like they will decide whether he initiated the contact, and if so, if he sufficiently retreated enough to regain his right of self defense. 

But no one knows what the jury has been asked to decide, other than the judge and the attorneys.

I didn’t claim to know WHAT the jury will decide. Only that they are making that decision. 

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

Will you start a thread for the Black trial supporting the prosecution? 

No. Minor issue that happens all the time.  Will you start a thread about bicep boy  carrying illegally and pointing his gun at someone?  Oh wait he was never charged 

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t claim to know WHAT the jury will decide. Only that they are making that decision. 

Not necessarily. They certainly have to return a verdict on the remaining charges. But there was discussion that the Judge opened up lesser charges as well as alternatives to the original charges.
So, we really don't know what the jury will be deciding upon is what I mean. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

No. Minor issue that happens all the time.  Will you start a thread about bicep boy  carrying illegally and pointing his gun at someone?  Oh wait he was never charged 

Hm.  a minor issue of two people breaking and circumventing the law which lead to KR having the weapon in the first place. 

And there's no thread to start about bicep boi (an actual medic who attended 75 other protests as a medic and never shot a single person) because there's no case to discuss.  If you want to press charges, have at it.

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Will you start a thread about bicep boy  carrying illegally and pointing his gun at someone?  Oh wait he was never charged 

As to that, the cops and the DA already decided that was self-defense.

So, we're back to the duel theory of self defense. It's possible that both participants had the right to shoot first, and ask questions later. 

Seems like a stupid law.

4 minutes ago, hrothgar said:

The guy isn't even elected to an office. In Oregon. Claim to fame is he ran a failed mayoral campaign, but as campaign manager, not the candidate. His only accomplishment seems to be he's a prolific tweeter.

Meh. 

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The guy isn't even elected to an office. In Oregon. Claim to fame is he ran a failed mayoral campaign, but as campaign manager, not the candidate. His only accomplishment seems to be he's a prolific tweeter.

Meh. 

So he’s qualified to be in office, he just hasn’t run yet…. Sounds clownish enough. 

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So he’s qualified to be in office, he just hasn’t run yet…. Sounds clownish enough. 

But, he's a Democrat, so all Democrats hold the same opinion. Just projection again on how they think...

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

No. Minor issue that happens all the time.

I can't get this statement out of my head.  That someone is so delusional that he truly thinks friends illegally buy underage kids assault weapons "all the time" so it's just a "minor" issue.  There is so much wrong with that.

Or, maybe I'm delusional, show of hands for all the people here who have illegally bought their underage friend an assault weapon or know anyone who has.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:
6 hours ago, The Joker said:

What laws did he circumvent?

The question mark was the give away.

Remember, if a Trumpalo says he wants you to present him with facts, he's lying. He's just trying to waste your time while he enjoys your increasing anger and frustration.

The Trumpalos knew that Kyle was innocent before it happened, he's one of them.

- DSK

• Like 1
2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Of course he is.  But his weirdly motivated obsession with this is sort of fascinating.  So I guess I'm guilty too.

ArmaLite ammosexuals seldom meet a killing they don't like. The whole idea of owning one is to prepare to kill people. Their fervor stems from the guilt in this pleasure. See Kyle take a first aid class and call himself a medic. That a side arm is much more appropriate to that role never occurs. Nope, he has to have that rifle, even illegally.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I can't get this statement out of my head.  That someone is so delusional that he truly thinks friends illegally buy underage kids assault weapons "all the time" so it's just a "minor" issue.  There is so much wrong with that.

Or, maybe I'm delusional, show of hands for all the people here who have illegally bought their underage friend an assault weapon or know anyone who has.

Ya need to pole the people in Wisconsin, not here.  

27 minutes ago, Mark K said:

ArmaLite ammosexuals seldom meet a killing they don't like. The whole idea of owning one is to prepare to kill people. Their fervor stems from the guilt in this pleasure. See Kyle take a first aid class and call himself a medic. That a side arm is much more appropriate to that role never occurs. Nope, he has to have that rifle, even illegally.

Wtf   Was that directed at me?   Lots of people are following this trial.   I’m not happy anyone died.  I’m on record that he shouldn’t have been there certainly not with a gun.  
I’ve posted that the guys that killed Ahmed are guilty as Fuck.  I’m glad the cop that killed George Floyd was found guilty.   Still remember watching him kneeling on his neck thinking WHY are you killing that man.   I dare you to find any post that refutes the above.  
I always thought you were one of the more balanced posters.  

41 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I’ll clarify.  Sometimes I should wait to respond,  I  was getting ready for meeting.    I was thinking friend buying something for an underage friend.  That happens all the time booze, cigarettes.  I know someone who bought a motorcycle for someone to young for that size.   I agree assault rifle probably not  common,  but not out of the realm.   It is WI and the gun was not simply handed over to him after purchase.  I’m sure that if this tragedy hadn’t happened the gun would have gone back into the friends gun safe until he turned 18. 

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I’ll clarify.  Sometimes I should wait to respond,  I  was getting ready for meeting.    I was thinking friend buying something for an underage friend.  That happens all the time booze, cigarettes.  I know someone who bought a motorcycle for someone to young for that size.   I agree assault rifle probably not  common,  but not out of the realm.   It is WI and the gun was not simply handed over to him after purchase.  I’m sure that if this tragedy hadn’t happened the gun would have gone back into the friends gun safe until he turned 18. 

At 18 he would still have been a child.  I have not seen much maturity and self-determination in his actions of late.  This is not a condemnation, but a statement that some men mature a heck of a lot later than others.

27 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Wtf   Was that directed at me?   Lots of people are following this trial.   I’m not happy anyone died.  I’m on record that he shouldn’t have been there certainly not with a gun.  
I’ve posted that the guys that killed Ahmed are guilty as Fuck.  I’m glad the cop that killed George Floyd was found guilty.   Still remember watching him kneeling on his neck thinking WHY are you killing that man.   I dare you to find any post that refutes the above.  

your quote from page 1 suggests otherwise.

“No Rosenbaum no more Kids anal raped.  No Huber no more girlfriends strangled and abused.    Hard to point a gun missing your bicep  So no more gun charges Grosskreutz.  Maybe the kid deserves a medal”

7 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

“No Rosenbaum no more Kids anal raped.  No Huber no more girlfriends strangled and abused.    Hard to point a gun missing your bicep  So no more gun charges Grosskreutz.  Maybe the kid deserves a medal”

I guess sarcasm is beyond your comprehension.  No problem.  

30 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The Joke has made it clear that all these killers were wrong and shouldn't have done it.

But that doesn't mean they should suffer any consequences.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Ya need to pole the people in Wisconsin, not here.  

I’m a people in Wisconsin. I don’t recall having ever purchased any sort of weapon for a minor. I did buy a drum set for a friend’s twelve year old kid once as a prank though. Probably equal crimes. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Mark K said:

He is, also an accurate observer.

You've made clear from the very beginning... even before actual evidence began to be published... that you considered Kyle to be justified in using deadly force, and tilted your view of the facts & evidence & testimony almost as much as Jeffbeaux who called him (words to this effect) "a master of person-on-person tactics." The whole RWNJ club here idolizes Kyle and drools over his ownership of the libs.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I’m a people in Wisconsin. I don’t recall having ever purchased any sort of weapon for a minor. I did buy a drum set for a friend’s twelve year old kid once as a prank though. Probably equal crimes. 

Is there an age limit on electric guitars, or perhaps a restriction on amp wattage?!?

- DSK

Actually, being serious for a moment, I suppose I technically have bought ammunition for minors on multiple occasions. Too be fair, it was because I was the first one on my trap shooting team to turn 18, so if someone forgot to pick up a box of shells, I’d buy them on our way to the range. 

Edit:  However, they used up all the shells in my presence, so technically were under my adult supervision, so legal. Funny though. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

In other words, I was correct all along, and you knew it.

And you called me a bunch of names and refused to answer.

- DSK

You are a liar here is your post.  you used AND which groups your points together Notice the underlined part was that false or not?  

Umm, aren't there a few laws about minors and purchased of firearms and transporting them across state lines?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

image.thumb.png.4a62b03e82027c1715d3b3c3b31d0a91.png
Joker logic.
Activate the Marshals!

Better than "Release the KRAKEN!!!!:

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:
59 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

In other words, I was correct all along, and you knew it.

And you called me a bunch of names and refused to answer.

You are a liar here is your post.  you used AND which groups your points together Notice the underlined part was that false or not?  

Umm, aren't there a few laws about minors and purchased of firearms and transporting them across state lines?

1- how is a QUESTION a lie, dumbass?

2- Language skills, you clearly have not progressed to sentences yet.

Are there laws about transporting weapons across state lines (that young hero Kyle might have also circumvented)?

- DSK

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Are there laws about transporting weapons across state lines (that young hero Kyle might have also circumvented)?

- DSK

You have to be the densest poster on this site.   For the final time 

He didn’t transport the gun across state lines it was stored in a gun safe in WI  

Period.  

Stop repeating the lie. 

Federal court, federal District court Judge= US Marshals.

KR crossed state lines in commision of an (alleged) crime.

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I hate to get involved in this shit fight, but no one “circumvented” any laws regarding anything involving “state lines.”  Your desperation to find guilt is giving this dumbass kid way to much credit for brilliantly planning this whole mess. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

KR crossed state lines in commision of an (alleged) crime.

No he didn’t.  In fact I think he spent the night before at his friends in WI.   He went to clean up graffiti at the local HS in the morning.   Then he talked to the car lot owner only then did he decide to join the others in protecting the lots. 

8 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I hate to get involved in this shit fight, but no one “circumvented” any laws regarding anything involving “state lines.”  Your desperation to find guilt is giving this dumbass kid way to much credit for brilliantly planning this whole mess. 

I tend to agree, and I don’t know if there was premeditation to actually shoot anyone, but it appears there was much premeditation and collusion to get KR to the point of standing on a Kenosha street with an AR in his hands.

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:
32 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I have been watching this play out and have been stunned at how many times someone alleges he transported the gun across state lines.  The Joker has consistently called out that lie.  Yet, it persists.

Why?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Monkey said:

-if- there are laws about carrying a firearm across state lines, the he certainly did circumvent them by staging the gun. He did live in a different state and did cross himself, and did have possession of the firearm later that same day, nyet?

Think it all the way thru.

Of course, this particular little trick is not part of the evidence being considered by the court, but it's extremely relevant in the whole picture. Kyle went hunting people. That's not self-defense.

- DSK

24 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You have to be the densest poster on this site.   For the final time 

He didn’t transport the gun across state lines it was stored in a gun safe in WI  

Period.  

Stop repeating the lie. 

Is there a law about crossing state lines with a firearm?

If yes, then he circumvented it.... I have not stated that he carried it across in a long time, when I realized (and stated at the time) that you were correct about that one detail.

I have not repeated anything, just continued to ask a question which you refused to answer, but of course just fucked up and gave it away by accident because you're a dumbass.

- DSK

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I have been watching this play out and have been stunned at how many times someone alleges he transported the gun across state lines.  The Joker has consistently called out that lie.  Yet, it persists.

Why?

Thank you it’s why I lost it with Steam and the mainstream media.  Not Steam but the media should not be fanning the flames.  And yes that goes for FOX  too.  I was talking to an employee who is black. Not politically active, but she actually thought he had gone up there with his AR and killed random black BLM protestors.  

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

If yes, then he circumvented it.... I have not stated that he carried it across in a long time, when I realized (and stated at the time) that you were correct about that one detail.

I have not repeated anything, just continued to ask a question which you refused to answer, but of course just fucked up and gave it away by accident because you're a dumbass.

- DSK

That doesn’t make any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-if- there are laws about carrying a firearm across state lines, the he certainly did circumvent them by staging the gun. He did live in a different state and did cross himself, and did have possession of the firearm later that same day, nyet?

Think it all the way thru.

Of course, this particular little trick is not part of the evidence being considered by the court, but it's extremely relevant in the whole picture. Kyle went hunting people. That's not self-defense.

- DSK

The idiot wasn’t “staging” it, he was keeping it where he was allowed to. You’re acting like this dumb ass muppet is some kind of criminal mastermind. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

He was 17.  Fuck state lines.  You're normally much smarter.  And FFS, tell that shithead to turn his hat around.

Rittenhouse lawyers ask judge to declare mistrial over video

(AP) — Kyle Rittenhouse’s attorneys asked the judge on Wednesday to declare a mistrial, saying they received an inferior copy of a key video from prosecutors and would have approached things differently if they had received the higher quality video earlier. 

Judge Bruce Schroeder did not immediately rule on the request, which came after jurors deliberating for a second day at Rittenhouse’s murder trial asked to review video evidence. 

Defense attorney Corey Chirafisi said they initially received a compressed version of a video taken by drone that the prosecutors played for jurors during closing arguments. Prosecutors said it showed Rittenhouse pointing his gun at protesters before being chased by the first man he shot and killed during a night of turbulent street protests against racial injustice in Kenosha in the summer of 2020. 

Rittenhouse, 18, faces life in prison if convicted on the most serious charge for using an AR-style semi-automatic rifle to kill two men and wound a third. The former police youth cadet is white, as were those he shot.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-wisconsin-homicide-kenosha-0e4b6ad5a286af9ddbb8c8546550f1dc 

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Huh?

KR did not cross state lines with a firearm.  Period.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

He was 17.  Fuck state lines.  You're normally much smarter.  And FFS, tell that shithead to turn his hat around.

Honest question what was the bet?  Did you really think I was Bravo?  Seriously he posts more memes in a day than I’ve posted in my whole time here.   

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Huh?

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

.... I have not stated that he carried it across in a long time, when I realized (and stated at the time) that you were correct about that one detail.

THIS

Not Joker's gaslighting, please

- DSK

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Huh?

He circumvented the law, not break it.  This all started from the Joke saying he didn’t circumvent any laws, which KR did a few times.  Then the Joke said he did but it was NBD.  That’s it.

8 minutes ago, Monkey said:

The idiot wasn’t “staging” it, he was keeping it where he was allowed to. You’re acting like this dumb ass muppet is some kind of criminal mastermind. 

No, just pointing out that the chain of events -does- support the point of view that Kyle deliberately created this situation. Not a mastermind, just an junior RWNJ eager-beaver.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, just pointing out that the chain of events -does- support the point of view that Kyle deliberately created this situation. Not a mastermind, just an junior RWNJ eager-beaver.

- DSK

Yes!

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Rittenhouse lawyers ask judge to declare mistrial over video

(AP) — Kyle Rittenhouse’s attorneys asked the judge on Wednesday to declare a mistrial, saying they received an inferior copy of a key video from prosecutors and would have approached things differently if they had received the higher quality video earlier. 

Judge Bruce Schroeder did not immediately rule on the request, which came after jurors deliberating for a second day at Rittenhouse’s murder trial asked to review video evidence. 

Defense attorney Corey Chirafisi said they initially received a compressed version of a video taken by drone that the prosecutors played for jurors during closing arguments. Prosecutors said it showed Rittenhouse pointing his gun at protesters before being chased by the first man he shot and killed during a night of turbulent street protests against racial injustice in Kenosha in the summer of 2020. 

Rittenhouse, 18, faces life in prison if convicted on the most serious charge for using an AR-style semi-automatic rifle to kill two men and wound a third. The former police youth cadet is white, as were those he shot.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-wisconsin-homicide-kenosha-0e4b6ad5a286af9ddbb8c8546550f1dc 

This is a pretty big deal.  Discovery is a key component to the right to a fair trial.   I think the prosecutor is looking for a do over.  

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I mostly take no issue with that statement. He did very heavily contribute to creating the situation. 

However, I seriously doubt he set out to actually shoot anyone that night. Ever notice how the vast majority of the modern “militia” types are a bunch of gutless cowards that want to play soldier, yet never join the military?  They want to pretend they’re bad asses. It never occurs to them that equally stupid people might not be scared by their guns or outfits. 

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The defense asked for the mistrial.

Of course they did because of the prosecutions screw ups.  Some have been so over the top wrong  that first year law students know better.  There are plenty of experts including the judge that believe he is acting in bad faith.