Kyle Rittenhouse trial

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Decent people are not interested in anything you have to say. Your opinions are useless, and your honesty is non-existent. 

No one wants to hear your inane ramblings about Democrats. After four years of propping-up a lunatic who thinks, among other things, that wind turbines cause cancer and the Revolutionary War was won when Americans shut down the airports, we don't want to hear your assessment of Democrats. 

Then why do you read and quote his drivel?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha ha ha, Americanos and their gun nutz, your gun culture is fucked. 

The fact that a young punk can present himself at a riot, parade around with an illegal assault rifle, shoots three people - (surprise surprise) and can reasonably be expect to be acquitted on grounds

I have to say that I regard anyone with a gun on their hip or slung over their shoulder walking around in public as being a threat to my life. I now include police in this generalization; I used to gi

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I understand what you’re implying, but both of my guns are happily locked up at the shooting club, and they’ll stay there. No desire to shoot anyone. I do have a Byrna SD loaded with pepper balls that I’ll actually carry with me when I take my dog out to pee though. 

So you run around your neighborhood with an illegal weapon?

BYRNA MAX RESTRICTIONS:

• NY_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • WI_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • MI_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • CA_restr.png?v=1587398085

At this time, we do not ship any Byrna Max product to New York, Wisconsin, Michigan or California.

4 hours ago, chum said:

So do you think you guys can accept the jury’s decision, they looked at all the evidence unlike anyone here. My guess is no, it doesn’t fit your narrative you’ll never accept it.

He may not actually be guilty of murder in the parlance of "The common Man"

But no one should go completely unpunished for taking a weapon into a place of public unrest and shooting at people, let alone killing two and maiming another.

Your laws in this regard are completely out of step with the world.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Better than an innocent 18 year old going to jail to appease the mob. 

Innocent? He may have been found innocent by a jury.

But he killed two unarmed people, and permanently maimed another shot at close range in a situation he got himself into all by his own choice.

Is he really "innocent" and should he not be held accountable in any way for his really poor choices that night?

There's the families of three men grieving.

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:

My dog is a 13 year old lab with health issues that can barely move faster than a brisk walk. He’s not exactly ferocious. 

So because your lab can’t protect you, you have to carry a gun?  I just SMH at terrified gun owners.  

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

He may not actually be guilty of murder in the parlance of "The common Man"

But no one should go completely unpunished for taking a weapon into a place of public unrest and shooting at people, let alone killing two and maiming another.

Your laws in this regard are completely out of step with the world.

Meli Bobe hasse spoken, cane we macke it happene?

2 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Innocent? He may have been found innocent by a jury.

But he killed two unarmed people, and permanently maimed another shot at close range in a situation he got himself into all by his own choice.

Is he really "innocent" and should he not be held accountable in any way for his really poor choices that night?

There's the families of three men grieving.

American courts don’t find people innocent.  They find them not guilty.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

It's a non-lethal solution, nothing at all wrong with that.

Yeah there is.  There is no need to carry a weapon in public.  None.  Are there places in America where I’d be worried for my safety?  Sure, but not when I’m out walking the dog.

4 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Your pollyanna representation of " the world" has you completely fooled.

Man is and has, since the beginning of written history been terrible to each other .

We're just animals with apposing thumbs and a vernacular.

The societal morality and laws are man's attempts to rein in nature's tendancy of survival of the fittest to perpetuate the species.

Some are capable of demurring the carnal instinct More than others .

Jeffie unleashed. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Perhaps had the families reared their spawn to not be criminals,thieves, sexual predator and general human waste , they would not be grieving their parental shortcomings.

With  the world's highest incarceration rates. Maybe you are missing something else.

4 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Yeah there is.  There is no need to carry a weapon in public.  None.  Are there places in America where I’d be worried for my safety?  Sure, but not when I’m out walking the dog.

Every person has their own reasons, if it isn't illegal, then no one should care.

5 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

He was never brought up on charges of a minor carrying a weapon across state lines , so maybe

Not sure about that. The gun was bought in Wisconsin and, if I remember the court record correctly, it was kept in Wisconsin. The only thing to cross state lines was Rittenhouse.

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

Listen, you cats have it all wrong. This Rittenhouse kid will live with the fact he took two lives until the day he dies. What a burden.

If I were a betting man, he won't make it until 30.

Do you think he won't take this verdict as complete exoneration. 

He's shown nothing but self interest to date, no remorse.

He's living in a world in his own head, where the oppressed, would be "hero's of the people" triumph.

At least the judge could have ruled that he's never to possess a firearm for the term on his natural life.

As things stand, he'll bask in glory for a year or two and then be more or less forgotten when another such "hero" comes along.

Probably die in doorway from a drug overdose and loneliness when all the glory is gone. 

59 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

So you run around your neighborhood with an illegal weapon?

BYRNA MAX RESTRICTIONS:

• NY_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • WI_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • MI_restr.png?v=1587398085
  • CA_restr.png?v=1587398085

At this time, we do not ship any Byrna Max product to New York, Wisconsin, Michigan or California.

Where do you get your worthless information?!?  Also, do you ever fact check anything?  That’s for the Max rounds you dumbass. Those contain Mace, which is illegal here. The pepper spray rounds, as well as the “gun” are just fine. 

13 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

He's living in a world in his own head, where the oppressed, would be "hero's of the people" triumph.

At least the judge could have ruled that he's never to possess a firearm for the term on his natural life.

As things stand, he'll bask in glory for a year or two and then be more or less forgotten when another such "hero" comes along.

Probably die in doorway from a drug overdose and loneliness when all the glory is gone. 

Who knew what was in his head before the killings , And who the hell know what's in his head now, hope for his stake and others he gets some analysts help, 

It's something he'll live with the rest of his life, 

"Tell Tail Heart" EA Poe  

11 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Where do you get your worthless information?!?  Also, do you ever fact check anything?  That’s for the Max rounds you dumbass. Those contain Mace, which is illegal here. The pepper spray rounds, as well as the “gun” are just fine. 

Sorry, I knew you were smarter than that.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I will yield to Sol on this, but my understanding is that a local judge does not possess the power to suspend a federal constitutional right—keep and bear arms.  

6 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Pretty sad that our legal system can’t be counted on to administer justice.

How did they not "administer justice".  Seems like they conducted a free and fair trial.  Just because you don't like the verdict does not in anyway mean that justice wasn't administered.  

6 hours ago, Raz'r said:
6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

My prediction is the racist fucks will get the book thrown at then and spend a lot of time in jail. 

facts are similar. 

Only in your mind and only if you ignore the obvious video evadents.  

32 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

Who knew what was in his head before the killings , And who the hell know what's in his head now, hope for his stake and others he gets some analysts help, 

It's something he'll live with the rest of his life, 

"Tell Tail Heart" EA Poe  

Tell Tale Heart. EA Poe

"Turn tail heart" is an entirely different concept :D

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

Not sure about that. The gun was bought in Wisconsin and, if I remember the court record correctly, it was kept in Wisconsin. The only thing to cross state lines was Rittenhouse.

Isn't there some law against transporting garbage across state lines?

30 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

I will yield to Sol on this, but my understanding is that a local judge does not possess the power to suspend a federal constitutional right—keep and bear arms.  

S'pose it depends on State law. As I understand it, some states do have restrictions on fitness to buy and use Firearms and even licence restrictions.

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

S'pose it depends on State law. As I understand it, some states do have restrictions on fitness to buy and use Firearms and even licence restrictions.

Only within the state. Now maybe Schroeder could have told Rittenhouse that his ability to own, possess and carry in Wisconsin was forfeited.  Maybe 

14 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Isn't there some law against transporting garbage across state lines?

Uh oh.  Human garbage or garbage garbage?

Just now, jerseyguy said:

Only within the state. Now maybe Schroeder could have told Rittenhouse that his ability to own, possess and carry in Wisconsin was forfeited.  Maybe 

Or, more likely, he told Rittenhouse that he could keep guns at his house and feel free to drop by for dinner any time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Or, more likely, he told Rittenhouse that he could keep guns at his house and feel free to drop by for dinner any time.

And they could listen to Lee Greenwood sing “ God Bless the USA.”

Just now, Ishmael said:

I'll leave that up to your imagination, wouldn't want to offend any delicate sensibilities here.

Anyone hanging out on PA (aka “the cesspool” ) better not have delicate sensibilities or sensibilities of any kind.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Judges don't but state legislators, by way of passing laws, do. Judges only rule on law, they don't write them. Where the Feds step in is if state laws are unconstitutional. Justice Scalia was clear about the ability of states to place some restrictions on weapons in his Heller opinion. The decision made it difficult to ban ALL firearms but reinforced the power of states to impose reasonable limitations.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Whether it was legal for KR to be in possession of that gun is debatable. Schroeder threw out the gun charge because, in his words, the law was confusingly written.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-gun-charge-judge-jury-instructions-20211115-grgmffpwsnf3tbw7ezizjkfaxa-story.html

What is your position that it is illegal?  Did you read the statute?

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

I feel pretty strongly that in South Carolina he would have gotten convicted of some charges as despite our gun laws running around with rifles when not hunting just doesn’t happen 

After getting the South Carolina CWP i learned it’s a really BAD idea to shoot anyone why hasn’t broken the threshold of your home or automobile So in cases when someone reaches into your car to harm you you can self defend 

4 minutes ago, tommays said:

I feel pretty strongly that in South Carolina he would have gotten convicted of some charges as despite our gun laws running around with rifles when not hunting just doesn’t happen 

After getting the South Carolina CWP i learned it’s a really BAD idea to shoot anyone why hasn’t broken the threshold of your home or automobile So in cases when someone reaches into your car to harm you you can self defend 

If you are right, SC seems a whole lot more rational and civilized than Wisc.  But then again I don’t know how strong the hunting culture is in SC.

6 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

FWIW, I don't think the Jury got it wrong. 

I think the charges were wrong.

I think the jury did what was asked.

I think the law in Wisconsin leads to “shoot first” behavior as well as absolving folks of personal responsibility for their actions.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I guess I can put you into the camp of those folks who thought the jury got it wrong.  Noted.

Or you could put me in the camp I said I was in. I find the decision odd, but I felt that way about the OJ verdict. Juries gonna jury. The President got it exactly right. Respect the jury’s decision. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

If you are right, SC seems a whole lot more rational and civilized than Wisc.  But then again I don’t know how strong the hunting culture is in SC.

I grew up in South Carolina and Eastern Tennessee and moved to NY when I was 12 and then retired in South Carolina 

Been down here almost 3 years and never seen a gun off the shooting range or gun shop and the whole recent open carry shit show is not at all popular with anyone and there is a massive amount of places we’re you can’t conceal carry 

Personaly my pistol stays locked up unless I am making my monthly trip to the range and can’t imagine trying to defend myself in the Walmart parking lot with a once a month range skill set  

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, tommays said:

Believe it or not, that’s mostly the same as the laws here in Wisconsin. What you’re describing is castle law, which we also have here. Everyone is mocking our laws because a bizarre situation involving four assholes pushed the situation beyond what any lawmaker every imagined. Even though I agree with the verdict on KR, I sincerely hope every single one of our states passes new laws regarding bringing weapons of any kind to these protest/riot situations. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, tommays said:

I grew up in South Carolina and Eastern Tennessee and moved to NY when I was 12 and then retired in South Carolina 

Been down here almost 3 years and never seen a gun off the shooting range or gun shop and the whole recent open carry shit show is not at all popular with anyone and there is a massive amount of places we’re you can’t conceal carry 

Personaly my pistol stays locked up unless I am making my monthly trip to the range and can’t imagine trying to defend myself in the Walmart parking lot with a once a month range skill set  

A Wisconsin culture story as told to me by a now retired UW professor.  He told me that he asked this question of would be UW faculty members to see if they were adaptable to the Wisc. Hunting culture.

”It is the week of Thanksgiving. You walk into your classroom and notice that attendance is quite poor. Many of the males are absent as are more than the typical number of females.

Question: where are those students and what are you going to do about it?”

Answers, he told me were all over the map from doing nothing to scheduling an exam with no makeup’s allowed. Very few professor wannabes had a clue where the students were unless they were tuned in to deer hunting season.

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

Believe it or not, that’s mostly the same as the laws here in Wisconsin. What you’re describing is castle law, which we also have here. Everyone is mocking our laws because a bizarre situation involving four assholes pushed the situation beyond what any lawmaker every imagined. Even though I agree with the verdict on KR, I sincerely hope every single one of our states passes new laws regarding bringing weapons of any kind to these protest/riot situations. 

Then your law makers lack common sense.

There is nothing bizarre about riots.

There is nothing bizarre about having opposing tribes at those riots.

In the USA, there is not even anything particularly bizarre about participants in those riots being armed.

What is bizarre is that your law enforcers not only ignore vigilantes at riots but actively thank them.

What is bizarre is that your lawmakers somehow never foresaw this happening, someone shooting and killing someone and rioters chasing down the shooter. (the chasers not knowing the situation nor needing to)

FFS, we had a homeless man take down a knife wielding terrorist with a shopping trolly. (skateboard man) He too had a criminal record. He was hailed as a hero not denigrated. The police thanked him but advised that civilians should not intervene in these  matters.

• Like 1

30 pages of bullshit about whether or not the jury, should have sent this kid to jail for the rest of his life, when the real question is: why the fuck do you let your children run around in the streets with rifles in the first place?

JFC

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

30 pages of bullshit about whether or not the jury, should have sent this kid to jail for the rest of his life, when the real question is: why the fuck do you let your children run around in the streets with rifles in the first place?

JFC

Chances of the real problem being addressed: nil.

The next large BLM protest is going to be a massive shootout.  The protestors will be bringing weapons to guard themselves from the KR's and the KR wannabe's will be showing with their AR-15's.  Macbeth in our time.

Conservatives needed a win, finally.  With all the insurrection arrests and loss of the presidency, they needed their vigilante to win or they might riot again.  Kyle will probably end up like OJ and win the legal case, and lose the civil case.  The parents of the two dead guys are talking about filing a civil suit against Kyle.  You can't get out from under a civil action through bankruptcy.

9 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

This joe clown sure is entertaining.  Joined not 36 hours ago, and purports to know how people think.  And, already making a name for himself.

9 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Ignored within reading 3 posts, maybe a record. Whose sock is it anyway?

Have we started a pool on which multiple-banned user owns this idiotic retread?

K-mac the clown maybe? Mailing Malarkey, back from shamless exile?

Most of the usual suspects have been here with their new chausettes for a while.

16 minutes ago, Not My Real Name said:

Have we started a pool on which multiple-banned user owns this idiotic retread?

K-mac the clown maybe? Mailing Malarkey, back from shamless exile?

Most of the usual suspects have been here with their new chausettes for a while.

Is he stalking anybody off site? Like you do?

• Downvote 1
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We know you're a fanatical moron - you don't have to keep asserting it.

Guns were fun but dropping bombs on people's heads just busts a gut.

2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

Conservatives needed a win, finally.  With all the insurrection arrests and loss of the presidency, they needed their vigilante to win or they might riot again.  Kyle will probably end up like OJ and win the legal case, and lose the civil case.  The parents of the two dead guys are talking about filing a civil suit against Kyle.  You can't get out from under a civil action through bankruptcy.

You are not a lawyer are you?

Cases are individual.  Kyle had big money supporters.  They bought a verdict.  Bid deal. People drink sugar water too.  Once one of the biggest players in my boom town.

7 minutes ago, hasher said:

You are not a lawyer are you?

Cases are individual.  Kyle had big money supporters.  They bought a verdict.  Bid deal. People drink sugar water too.  Once one of the biggest players in my boom town.

What does your comment have to do with the victims suing Kyle in civil court?  Did I need a law degree to post that the families expressed that they were planning to sue?

I wish everyone would forget about Kyle. He’s not important and it would be better for his health if no one else’s.

In any case, if the problems were with the laws that facilitated these events and the LEOs that encouraged it, THATS where our passions and energy should be sent.

And stop calling those killed “protestors”.

Protests are non violent and somewhat organized around actions other than destruction. Folks taking part in chaotic marches bent on looting and burning cars, buildings are present at a riot.

Don’t saddle liberals and Democrats with having to include these assholes in their tent. All the honorable leaders reject them.

• Like 5

I wonder if this will result in intimidation of  protestors.

Who gets to decide if a protest is peaceful, rowdy or a riot?

While the vigilantes may taunt, who's going to respond to those taunts  with gestures or verbally when there's now a precedent to shoot and claim self defense?

7 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I wonder if this will result in intimidation of  protestors.

Who gets to decide if a protest is peaceful, rowdy or a riot?

While the vigilantes may taunt, who's going to respond to those taunts  with gestures or verbally when there's now a precedent to shoot and claim self defense?

Best if we  rely on the media to classify  “peaceful “

Best if we  rely on the media to pass judgement at trials 

8AC33371-5257-42D3-A310-871DF1D8FA86.jpeg

6 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Then your law makers lack common sense.

There is nothing bizarre about riots.

There is nothing bizarre about having opposing tribes at those riots.

In the USA, there is not even anything particularly bizarre about participants in those riots being armed.

What is bizarre is that your law enforcers not only ignore vigilantes at riots but actively thank them.

What is bizarre is that your lawmakers somehow never foresaw this happening, someone shooting and killing someone and rioters chasing down the shooter. (the chasers not knowing the situation nor needing to)

FFS, we had a homeless man take down a knife wielding terrorist with a shopping trolly. (skateboard man) He too had a criminal record. He was hailed as a hero not denigrated. The police thanked him but advised that civilians should not intervene in these  matters.

+1

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

I wish everyone would forget about Kyle. He’s not important and it would be better for his health if no one else’s.

In any case, if the problems were with the laws that facilitated these events and the LEOs that encouraged it, THATS where our passions and energy should be sent.

And stop calling those killed “protestors”.

Protests are non violent and somewhat organized around actions other than destruction. Folks taking part in chaotic marches bent on looting and burning cars, buildings are present at a riot.

Don’t saddle liberals and Democrats with having to include these assholes in their tent. All the honorable leaders reject them.

The Shooting Medic will likely go the way of the Zimmerman. He will be a hero for fifteen minutes, and fade away to only revisit the public eye when/if he screws up. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Shooting Medic will likely go the way of the Zimmerman. He will be a hero for fifteen minutes, and fade away to only revisit the public eye when/if he screws up. 

This might be different. Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Madison Cawthorn, are all thinking of hiring Rittenhouse as a Congressional intern, it not only gives him high visibility, it gives him a chance to editorialize a lot. There is a possibility of a book deal, certainly gun groups would be willing to pay good bucks to hear him in person, and every time there is a wannabe duplication of his efforts at Kenosha, he will be in the news again.

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

2D3B36C6-3041-468C-B671-8509904E542E.jpeg

As expected, you completely missed the point. 
There were thousands of others there, many of them armed. How many of them had to defend themselves by using deadly force?

There was something about KR that drew the attention of others and resulted in a confrontation in which two people died. 
None of the other folks, many of them armed, drew such attention and needed to kill someone. 

Now, run along and see if you can find a meme someone else made to share instead of formulating your own thoughts. 

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

This might be different. Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Madison Cawthorn, are all thinking of hiring Rittenhouse as a Congressional intern, it not only gives him high visibility, it gives him a chance to editorialize a lot. There is a possibility of a book deal, certainly gun groups would be willing to pay good bucks to hear him in person, and every time there is a wannabe duplication of his efforts at Kenoshaw, he will be in the news again.

He will make his money and leeches will use him while they can but he will eventually fade from view, or will go the OJ route to obscurity. I suspect he will follow the Zimmerman model. We haven’t heard much from him since someone sent some hot lead his way.