Is this actually real?? News Lady Shames People Who Are Illegally Dumping Their Boats

2 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Send her to Floriduh, please. She'd have more work than she could stand

She would also turn more crazy psycho there, than she is now!   Where do we chip in for hair Amtrak tickets////

be nice if ya could pull yer boat at the ramp

and set in parking lot to go to the party and have her drop if off at yer house for ya

nasty note or not

good thing abandoned boats are currently registered to the proper address of the legal owner

On 11/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, shaggy said:

No link, from redit. 

If so, frigging hilarious.  

Speaking of which, I saw a 30-some-foot boat with trailer that someone dumped on Sixth Avenue near Sims by the side of the highway. The hull looked to be in half-decent shape and the trailer was worth something. But it sat there by the side of the highway for about a week before someone presumably moved it. Maybe Lakewood just towed it to the dump?  How do you landfill a boat and trailer?

11 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

The Ford F-150 of sailboats.

Well, I might disagree a little with that statement.  The F-150 works damn well as a pickup truck.  The Catalina kinda acts like a sailboat.  But most of the time it acts like a floating condo.  Sailing is NOT the Catalina's strong point.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Well, I might disagree a little with that statement.  The F-150 works damn well as a pickup truck.  The Catalina kinda acts like a sailboat.  But most of the time it acts as a floating condo.  Sailing is NOT Catalina's strong point.

Looking at the numbers that have been built - outside of a few dinghies, laser, sunfish, etc... I don't think anyone else can boast the numbers on how many 30's have been built.

I agree you're not buying a boat, you're getting a weekend get-a-way that floats.

Tall rig?

4 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Looking at the numbers that have been built - outside of a few dinghies, laser, sunfish, etc... I don't think anyone else can boast the numbers on how many 30's have been built.

I agree you're not buying a boat, you're getting a weekend get-a-way that floats.

Tall rig?

No.  If I had my "I want", it would be.  But in this situation the catalina came dirt cheap ($3k) and was in fairly good condition.  Family member was done living on it and was getting rid of it.

It absolutely killed me to get rid of my 7.9.  I sincerely had a tear in my eye when the new owner pulled out of my driveway.  It was part of my life - traveling and racing - that I enjoyed a ton and miss very much.  I've owned it for 20+ years and sailed it for 10 prior to that.  But you have to realize when you have too much stuff and move on.

57 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

No.  If I had my "I want", it would be.  But in this situation the catalina came dirt cheap ($3k) and was in fairly good condition.  Family member was done living on it and was getting rid of it.

It absolutely killed me to get rid of my 7.9.  I sincerely had a tear in my eye when the new owner pulled out of my driveway.  It was part of my life - traveling and racing - that I enjoyed a ton and miss very much.  I've owned it for 20+ years and sailed it for 10 prior to that.  But you have to realize when you have too much stuff and move on.

Had a similar epiphany with the beach cats.  After 40 plus years of racing just woke up one day and decided I have had my fun, time to move on. 

I just saw another discarded boat in Lakewood, CO, again on Sixth Avenue, westbound above Wadsworth. This time a 14-some foot open-transon sailing dingy of some kind. It looked good! I might grab that little fucker if it's still there and build it a redneck rig. 

I never remember seeing any discarded boats, now two in one month on the same road.