What Drunken AfterRace Party Behavior is grounds for Ruel 69 ?

Still at Host Club

Is it Race Related @ The Party ??

What would it take for Ruel 69 ???

Too Much Happening Everywhere

All Good All Around

Sometimes 1 can try to ruin the fun for everyone else

Sometimes they are Too Drunk to get their wish

Proper Etiquette calls for ignoring them to whatever degree possible. 

Adults should know how to Handel themselves in whatever situation.

After Parties are Great as they should be.

Someone needs to Play MOM to keep from Everyone being forced to No Longer have Fun because 1 person suckseeded in ruining it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Still at Host Club

Did it involve flag officers or directors, was any chair throwing involved, did a staff member get assaulted? Will it involve long term volunteers being kicked out of the club?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Did it involve flag officers or directors, was any chair throwing involved, did a staff member get assaulted? Will it involve long term volunteers being kicked out of the club?

And will it involve paying for either a quick trip to Mexico, or child support?

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

All Good All Around

Someone needs to Play MOM to keep from Everyone being forced to No Longer have Fun because 1 person suckseeded in ruining it.

There so many douchebags - male and female - who just fucking do their best to act like assholes. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Monkey said:

We’re any J/105 skippers pushed off a pier?

17 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Yes

Really, again, (and by a female)?  Didn't know the Ed sailed a 105...

11 minutes ago, Editor said:

There so many douchebags - male and female - who just fucking do their best to act like assholes. 

Female too, now we really want to know!

I was at a dock party after the Vallejo race in the cockpit with a beer with the boat owner and others getting lubed up just after sunset and at one point we saw a gorgeous woman in high heels and a cocktail dress walk up to the boat in front of us with her friend, also a non sailor party girl, and literally run out of dock and disappear just forward of the shrouds. 30 seconds later our bowman, whacked out on percocet and tequila, shinnied up the mast like the jungle boy and was standing on the spreaders 25 feet off ehe deck with no harness. First we had to make sure the female in the drink was being attended to and then we spent 20 minutes with our bowman who finally just slid down the mast like a firepole. I think we threatened to call 911 and have him put in the rubber room.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:
14 minutes ago, Editor said:

Our we siurre that ist an "acte"                     :)

3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

All Good All Around

In Charleston , after the Charleston race ..way back when I was a young guy and Chaz from Taz was still in action , we fired  a water ballon into the party and flattened the commodores wife 

big troubles

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Livia said:

This should be over in the Australian Sailing RQYS Kabuki theater thread!

Link ??

6 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Still at Host Club

Is it Race Related @ ThN oe Party ??

No.  Any bullshit that happens in a club bar is not grounds for Rule 69.  Rule 69 is part of the Racing Rules of Sailing.  Sailing.  Get it.  Not baring. Not partying - racing.  Like you are sailing in a race.  And you are a moron for suggesting otherwise.  Just go back to posting pictures of cougars and call it good.

Unless you actually assault someone on the race course - during a race - anyone who suggests Rule 69 is a fucking moron.  Fucking moron....

MS

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

No.  Any bullshit that happens in a club bar is not grounds for Rule 69.  Rule 69 is part of the Racing Rules of Sailing.  Sailing.  Get it.  Not baring. Not partying - racing.  Like you are sailing in a race.  And you are a moron for suggesting otherwise.  Just go back to posting pictures of cougars and call it good.

Unless you actually assault someone on the race course - during a race - anyone who suggests Rule 69 is a fucking moron.  Fucking moron....

MS

Thank you for breaking your PA daisy-chain long enough to chime in

I asked a racing rules question in SA

Not of You, Not accusing anyone of anything 

Simple question

Should anyone besides you wonder, my thoughts are that a boats/crews reputation is based on actions throughout the event including Pre DockOut and After/Awards Party

That is part of the Sailing event as upposed to just something happening at the club bar on non race day

maybe including driving home if someone is run over by the team Van ?????

No one should be given shit for Asking a Rules Question 

All I see is saying is (And Not mentioning being on a boat or racing)

Section C 
MISCONDUCT
69. MISCONDUCT

69.1. Obligation not to Commit Misconduct; Resolution
  1. A competitor, boat owner or support person shall not commit an act of misconduct.
  2. Misconduct is: 
    1. conduct that is a breach of good manners, a breach of good sportsmanship, or unethical behaviour; or
    2. conduct that may bring, or has brought, the sport into disrepute.
  3. An allegation of a breach of rule 69.1(a) shall be resolved in accordance with the provisions of rule 69. It shall not be grounds for a protest and rule 63.1 does not apply. 

If Ruel 69 Only applied to during a race than I guess fighting between fights is Kool

As well as the tow out/in

Mr Squirrel, and possibly everyone.... worried about rule 69 and misconduct should probably read this, especially section 6 The Extent of Rule 69 Jurisdiction; 

The time and location of the misconduct. In particular rule 6.4

Hint; dont wear a current regatta or race shirt out to somewhere you a planning on being a total fuckstick.

https://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/WorldSailingMisconductGuidanceJuly2021-[27414].pdf

• Like 5

At my old club the SI's clearly stated that events were governed by the RRS, the Queensbury Rules and special regulations for tag team MMA matches. All competitors are required to wear a life jacket at all time at sea, and a mouth guard when in the beer tent. 

The world boxing federation scored the last good bar room brawl with some 321 punches thrown with only the first one landed. 11 people were taken to hospital with butthurt.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I was at a dock party after the Vallejo race in the cockpit with a beer with the boat owner and others getting lubed up just after sunset and at one point we saw a gorgeous woman in high heels and a cocktail dress walk up to the boat in front of us with her friend, also a non sailor party girl, and literally run out of dock and disappear just forward of the shrouds. 30 seconds later our bowman, whacked out on percocet and tequila, shinnied up the mast like the jungle boy and was standing on the spreaders 25 feet off ehe deck with no harness. First we had to make sure the female in the drink was being attended to and then we spent 20 minutes with our bowman who finally just slid down the mast like a firepole. I think we threatened to call 911 and have him put in the rubber room.

pretty standard fare for the Young11 intergalactics

45 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

At my old club the SI's clearly stated that events were governed by the RRS, the Queensbury Rules and special regulations for tag team MMA matches. All competitors are required to wear a life jacket at all time at sea, and a mouth guard when in the beer tent. 

The world boxing federation scored the last good bar room brawl with some 321 punches thrown with only the first one landed. 11 people were taken to hospital with butthurt.

Was that before or after the chair throwing at your partner competition?

• Like 1

Why is it that when we are having a good ole popcorn chewing gossip thread, someone always has to jump in and start calling people names and acting all bad/mad.  Heck, this gives Sailing Anarchy a “good” name.  I wonder if this place is becoming a bit to “tame.”  

3 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Why is it that when we are having a good ole popcorn chewing gossip thread, someone always has to jump in and start calling people names and acting all bad/mad.  Heck, this gives Sailing Anarchy a “good” name.  I wonder if this place is becoming a bit to “tame.”  

It should be a Rule 69 violation to do that.  

/S Lex Teredo
Immediate Past President
The American Society of People Who Wave the Rulebook Around

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

MS

Read the cases.  Lots of examples of rule 69 misconduct that don't take place on the race course during a race.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, coyotepup said:

Read the cases.  Lots of examples of rule 69 misconduct that don't take place on the race course during a race.

My favorite was the middle aged woman who literally jumped the safety lines into the cockpit of another boat and proceeded to bitch slap the owner until she was forcibly removed by his crew. All happened right in front of the clubhouse, an opti training camp and the event sponsors.

18 hours ago, slug zitski said:

In Charleston , after the Charleston race ..way back when I was a young guy and Chaz from Taz was still in action , we fired  a water ballon into the party and flattened the commodores wife 

big troubles

now had you been in the REAL OC (night before N-2-E)

and fired 2 water balloons,

Enhancing the commodores wife

The Drinks would Flow as The Band Played On

not sure about hitting anyone with a ballon tho

I got in my own "rule 69" situation on the kite bag with a Swiss main sheet trimmer from another boat after our Schock 35 won 1st in class Newport to Ensenada.   While the rest of the crew were in hotels, the trusty bowman was laying pipe on the kite! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Now that I’ve finished my preachin, can we get back to the part where the party girl in high heels ran out of dock?

It was like a cartoon. Hand to god, she and her fellow party girl were hailed by strapping dudes as they were walking by the port side to boat ahead of us, being a larger faster boat like us meant access to the dock but endless rafter traffic good and bad, at any rate, it was darkish and party girl looked up instead of down thinking she would just go up and lean against the shrouds and my boat owner and I, always interested in the fairer sex were tracking the journey of the dock candy while discussing the finer points of sailing downwind into a three knot current when the more overt and aggressive party girl stepped gracefully into the Vallejo yacht club marina. To her credit she was dried off and in her same dress an hour later dancing to the live band up at the club as my buddy and I walked by to get in cab to the hotel. We ended up in the hotel hot tub at 1am with a coed group of other boat crews after climbing the fence and opening the gate. The night manager finally had enough and came out to tell us to go to bed and he had called the cops. When the cop car drove in the driveway we left back to the rooms. Cop left. We went back to the hot tub. Night manager gave up. Nights being silly with crew mates are some of my best times walking this planet.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

I got in my own "rule 69" situation on the kite bag with a Swiss main sheet trimmer from another boat after our Schock 35 won 1st in class Newport to Ensenada.   While the rest of the crew were in hotels, the trusty bowman was laying pipe on the kite! 

Did you at least leave a puddle of pleasure on the .5 runner?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RATM said:

I think the over-arching intent of Rule 69 is punish people for conduct that brings the sport into disrepute.

I have not read the cases but what % of the cases involve booze/intoxication?

None of the examples in the case book are specific incidents.  It's just a list of ways people could potentially behave that would violate rule 69.

None of them specifically mention alcohol; all of them are things for which being plastered beyond all reason is a known comorbidity.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:51 AM, RATM said:

I think the over-arching intent of Rule 69 is punish people for conduct that brings the sport into disrepute.

I have not read the cases but what % of the cases involve booze/intoxication?

Gotta think about 99.9 percent.

2 hours ago, Justaquickone said:

Must be a common occurrence seeing there seems to be a dude in a survival suit at the ready ?

Handy that the rubber dude is there but, damn, right place right time. I mean I must have seen 100s of wet t shirt photos over the years, OK so maybe a 1000 or 5, but that beats them all. Seriously though rubber guy is probably security hanging out under the dock. Probably has a sub machine gun in a bag, a radio, and a few grenades. How he kept his hand off her derriere at the moment of water feature egress is a testament to his professionalism.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:34 PM, coyotepup said:

None of the examples in the case book are specific incidents.  It's just a list of ways people could potentially behave that would violate rule 69.

None of them specifically mention alcohol; all of them are things for which being plastered beyond all reason is a known comorbidity.

You snuck a five syllable word in there though I always felt the definition was bad on that one. Comorbidity should be when two people kill each other at the same time.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, slug zitski said:

big troubles

The 70's, 80's and 90's every post race party was epic and likely a certifiable Rule 69 for someone.......now the Douchebags,  usually the sore losers use it to score points....assholes that spoil good often mischievous fun for everyone.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:27 AM, DA-WOODY said:

Still at Host Club

Soooo…. DA-WOODY starts a thread, the title includes “69” and no one has asked for pictures of cougars in hats? No one?

For fuck’s sake… 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:59 PM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I looked again, its a movie set or TV set. Diver is a safety guy. Perhaps the fall in was in the script. If so they get points for wet dress ass casting.

You are correct.  As a life long "Law and Order" fan, I recognized Chris Noth and can conclude that this is the best ass shot of Sarah Jessica Parker you'll ever get

*real world example*

it was more than 15 years ago, but at a big local dinghy regatta the party was at its usual evening festiveness.

There was a marquee and the oppie worlds fundraising was getting rather tedious.

People moved out so they could chat.

So someone got dared and ran over the marquee from the outside and slid down the otherside.

The guy in charge (longtime stalwart in his 80s) was not impressed when a second person did it, came outside and started shouting at people to stop it...OR ELSE

As it was seemingly harmless fun, one of the oppie dads got on the mike and said he would donate a tidy sum of money to the oppie fund if someone else would run over the marquee again. Which the original guy proceded to do.

Oldtimer lost his sh1t bigtime. Three people (including the oppie dad) got national rule69 hearings and 6 month suspensions.

*I'm not sure what the statute of limitations on Rule69 infractions are, so should probably say this didn't actually happen exactly like this. 

On 11/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, Fiji Bitter said:

Really, again, (and by a female)?  Didn't know the Ed sailed a 105...

alleged drunk chick calls the police from her car in the parking lot at sdyc that same night, claims someone drugged her, then when the cops do come, refuses to get out of her car for nearly 3 hours! cops finally say fuck it and leave. that's all that i have heard.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Editor said:

alleged drunk chick calls the police from her car in the parking lot at sdyc that same night, claims someone drugged her, then when the cops do come, refuses to get out of her car for nearly 3 hours! cops finally say fuck it and leave. that's all that i have heard.

Be nice when they Think yer Drunk and ask you to get out

You could just not open the door/window for 3hrs

and they wood just go away

How many have tried that ???

27 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Be nice when they Think yer Drunk and ask you to get out

You could just not open the door/window for 3hrs

and they wood just go away

How many have tried that ???

pretty sure her bf came to her rescue and told the cops everything was fine.

2 hours ago, DtM said:

Always listen to your Nanna.

Na

• Like 1
On 11/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Ahhh, makes sense, that. With the other gifts of god the woman sports beyond the image above, the horsey face some folks talk about, not me of course, is superfluous twaddle. 

people worry about about other people's features, rarely see the warts when they look in the mirror..

• Like 1
On 11/9/2021 at 8:03 PM, Mr. Squirrel said:

MS

You are absolutely wrong. Go read the rule. 

• Like 1