Are covidiots vaccinated fo tetanus?

How about measles? Mumps? German Measles? Chicken Pox? Hepatitis?

Or are they a new brand of denier?

I personally know a science teacher who lost job over this. But they use zero cogent explanations, spread falsehoods and pollute facebook with lies.

Btw I always thought this teacher sucked at science teaching but whatever.

So got me thinking. Hmmmm, what about all the other vaccines...?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, fastyacht said:

I personally know a science teacher who lost job over this. But they use zero cogent explanations, spread falsehoods and pollute facebook with lies.

Science teacher that doesn't follow science?  Good riddance.  AFAIK there are two kinds of anti-vaxxers - those that never vaxxed, including tetanus, and those that are just against the covid vax because a few billion doses with an infinitesimally small number of adverse reactions isn't good enough for them.

I know both types.  The first type also still believe that vaccinations cause autism, BTW. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, fastyacht said:

My guess is their retort would be along the lines of "but that was when I was a child and not allowed to make a choice".  Or "I was forced to be vaccinated by my Nazi parents/school - (insert adult authoritarian figure here)

On 11/17/2021 at 5:01 AM, fastyacht said:

How about measles? Mumps? German Measles? Chicken Pox?

You forgot Polio.

All those diseases disproportionately affect children with serious illness and death at high rates.  The associated vaccines have also been tested over many decades and the long term effects are known.  That isn't to say that there has been some serious issues with some vaccines over time that have been found to harm more than they benefit.  Hence some "brands" being discontinued.

The difference today is we have Covid-19 vaccines using new technology that have yet to complete long term trials.  The long term risk of these vaccines to Children is unknown whereas it appears that Children don't develop serious illness or death from Covid infection and recover quickly.

So the risk/benefit of vaccination for those that are vulnerable (aged and/or those with underlying health conditions) to Covid-19 leans substantially more towards benefit than it does for Children.

• Like 1

Covidiots are vaccinated against everything. Most by now have had 2 or 3 covid vaccine booster shots. And then drove home alone in their car while wearing a mask to hide again in their basement. That is why they are covidiots.

• Like 2

If you are going to multiple risky indoor locations full of antivaxxers and nosepeepers it's reasonable to keep mask on in between. It's donning and doffing.. that's when you get contaminated by touching the front of the mask.  Besides, adults who can't breathe in masks either have head issues, bad masks, or breathing issues that require medical attention. People run in them, play pro sports in them, give birth in them...

45 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

If you are going to multiple risky indoor locations full of antivaxxers and nosepeepers it's reasonable to keep mask on in between. It's donning and doffing.. that's when you get contaminated by touching the front of the mask.  Besides, adults who can't breathe in masks either have head issues, bad masks, or breathing issues that require medical attention. People run in them, play pro sports in them, give birth in them...

Perform surgery, sand boats, etc, etc, etc

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

You forgot Polio.

All those diseases disproportionately affect children with serious illness and death at high rates.  The associated vaccines have also been tested over many decades and the long term effects are known.  That isn't to say that there has been some serious issues with some vaccines over time that have been found to harm more than they benefit.  Hence some "brands" being discontinued.

The difference today is we have Covid-19 vaccines using new technology that have yet to complete long term trials.  The long term risk of these vaccines to Children is unknown whereas it appears that Children don't develop serious illness or death from Covid infection and recover quickly.

So the risk/benefit of vaccination for those that are vulnerable (aged and/or those with underlying health conditions) to Covid-19 leans substantially more towards benefit than it does for Children.

By your logic the polio vaccines should not have been used in the general population until they had been tested for many years.  In the meantime, many including children would have died.  Does this scenario sound familiar?  It should...

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

By your logic the polio vaccines should not have been used in the general population until they had been tested for many years.  In the meantime, many including children would have died.  Does this scenario sound familiar?  It should...

Again the blind pursuit of your narrative causes you to miss the point.  Polio WAS a far more serious illness for children to catch than Covid-19 IS.  

The mass vaccination programmes were targeted at children NOT Adults because it was children that were most at risk.  Adults weren't vaccinated to protect children.

10 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Again the blind pursuit of your narrative causes you to miss the point.  Polio WAS a far more serious illness for children to catch than Covid-19 IS.  

The mass vaccination programmes were targeted at children NOT Adults because it was children that were most at risk.  Adults weren't vaccinated to protect children.

But but but did they test it on CHILDREN?  Under the age of consent? 

Tell Franklin Roosevelt polio was no biggie.  

And what about.... veterinary covid vaccines! 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Tell Franklin Roosevelt polio was no biggie.

Where did I say "polio was no biggie"?

Your inference is that FDR got polio at age 39 - note before a vaccine was available.

However that doesn't change the fact (no charge) that polio was a more serious life threatening disease for children than Adults.  Hence the mass vaccination programme for children.

14 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

This "new technology" has been the preferred method of choice for antigens for ever.

It's far from new.

What is "new" is the delivery mechanism not mRNA per se.  In the Moderna and Pzifer vaccines it is the development of nano lipids that enable the encapsulation of the mRNA inside a protective bubble that ensures delivery inside cells without being degraded.

For both Moderna and Pzifer this nano lipid development was delivered by a third party company.  

53 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Do you know how polio is spread?

Imma guess "no"

- DSK

6 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Where did I say "polio was no biggie"?  ...

When you said

55 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

... The mass vaccination programmes were targeted at children NOT Adults because it was children that were most at risk.  ...

Anybody who contracted polio was "most at risk."

Dumbass

- DSK

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wess said:

Covidiots are vaccinated against everything. Most by now have had 2 or 3 covid vaccine booster shots. And then drove home alone in their car while wearing a mask to hide again in their basement. That is why they are covidiots.

Off your covid deathbed?  Guess you haven't learned much.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

What is "new" is the delivery mechanism not mRNA per se.  In the Moderna and Pzifer vaccines it is the development of nano lipids that enable the encapsulation of the mRNA inside a protective bubble that ensures delivery inside cells without being degraded.

For both Moderna and Pzifer this nano lipid development was delivered by a third party company.  

Lipid nanoparticles research haa been with us since the 70"s and trials were started in the 80's.

There's nothing new here.
It's been an effective delivery mechanism for years, with success in breast cancer treatments to eye disorder treatments.

You're a bullshitter.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Have you heard of CRISPR?  Been around since 1993, or so.  Folks have won a Nobel prize for it.  Would call a computer or TV from 1993 new?  You're a moron. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Have you heard of CRISPR?  Been around since 1993, or so.  Folks have won a Nobel prize for it.  Would call a computer or TV from 1993 new?  You're a moron. 

Crispr is only slightly relevant.

Of course, the bullshitter in chief will use your post to deflect, distract and derail from his other bullshit

13 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:
40 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

KSFB has been a moron for a long time, that's not new either

- DSK

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Off your covid deathbed?  Guess you haven't learned much.

That is so freaking funny. Covid deathbed. Ha ha ha. Yea…. No. 

Want the truth? Absolutely nothing changed in my life post covid positive test. Didn’t even know I had it. For all I know the test was wrong. Other than the antibodies which prove it wasn’t. If you believe those tests. Beyond that… a complete and total non event. YMMV. 

Deathbed. Ha ha ha. 

My only concern would be if I got it now and brought it home it would likely be fatal for my Mom. 

BTW did you read about all those fully vaccinated folks in CT that caught and passed on covid? 

Now go rush off and get your 5th booster. Actually I suggest at least 1 a week!

Aw, too bad your mom has comorbidities now. Did she have an unhealthy lifestyle? 

Shockingly rude remark, I own it, but you might be surprised that some on here blamed people who had poor covid outcomes on their  avoidable comorbidities! 

Is she taking Uber to get her weekly boosters or do you drive her? 

Edited by NeedAClew
Meanness

LOL unhealthy in the best possible fun loving kick ass way. Women like her, and my Oma and my daughter are why I laugh at sad little pathetic people like you.

Mom may need drive again but first we gotta get the Hummer back. It needs some paint after she ran over some poor idiot in a Prius. 

4 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

However that doesn't change the fact (no charge) that polio was a more serious life threatening disease for children than Adults.  Hence the mass vaccination programme for children.

:blink: Yeah.......adults who contracted polio might merely be unable to walk again. 

8 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Funny, The anti Vaxers in Vail, Brek etc.  Um have you ever worn a scarf while skiing...  Cold places too...  Cant breathe hu??  Dumbshits...  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wess said:

My only concern would be if I got it now and brought it home it would likely be fatal for my Mom.

Been living this for 14 months.  Been in fear for 14 months.  Vax and mask up... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Been living this for 14 months.  Been in fear for 14 months.  Vax and mask up... 

ain't a post to like ......

feel ya pain , stay safe .

• Like 2
On 11/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, fastyacht said:

It’s complicated.  They lie.  But it only takes one, so……

27 minutes ago, shaggy said:

these are the ones we use, USA made…resell n 95’s.  We use either ASTM 2 , ASTM 3, or one of the n95’s they resell

https://www.armbrustusa.com/collections/medical-face-masks-made-in-austin-tx

9 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I like the term bozo nose…

• Like 1
9 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Ironically I met Jonas Salk at my graduation. He was speaker and I was personally introduced to him by the president. A heady experience.

Ours was Elliot Richardson.  Principled but boring.  I bet Salk was better.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

So, you are recommending the J&J vaccine then?  It is a more traditional attenuated virus vaccine and does not use mRNA or nano particles.

13 hours ago, Wess said:

That is so freaking funny. Covid deathbed. Ha ha ha. Yea…. No. 

Want the truth? Absolutely nothing changed in my life post covid positive test. Didn’t even know I had it. For all I know the test was wrong. Other than the antibodies which prove it wasn’t. If you believe those tests. Beyond that… a complete and total non event. YMMV. 

Deathbed. Ha ha ha. 

BTW did you read about all those fully vaccinated folks in CT that caught and passed on covid? 

Now go rush off and get your 5th booster. Actually I suggest at least 1 a week!

A freund of mine was in ICU for a month on March 2020. No fun. Stared death in the face. Doc already knew about breathing technique and oxygen and stay fuck off ventilator.

I know people with long covidd. Young 20somethings.

This disease fucks woth people's brains. Not only sometimes physically but psycjologolly too

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

applies only to the current 4 enforced vaccines)
If you are vaccinated there is chance you will carry the virus
If you are not vaccinated there is chance you will carry the virus
If you are vaccinated there is chance you will get sick from the virus
If you are not vaccinated there is chance you will get sick from the virus
If you are vaccinated there is chance you will spread the virus
If you are not vaccinated there is chance you will spread the virus
sole clear difference
If you are vaccinated there is chance you will die from the vaccine
If you are not vaccinated you will NOT die from the vaccine

Well I just love me a logical fallacy in the morning. Thank ypu for that.

15 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

If you are not vaccinated there is a much much larger chance you will carry the virus
If you are not vaccinated there is a much much larger, ~25X chance you will get sick from the virus
If you are not vaccinated there is a much much larger chance you will spread the virus
sole clear difference
If you are vaccinated there is 6 out of >300 million chance you will die from the vaccine

FIFY

Oh look, another covidiot who cannot even approximately the mathematical ability to pick a larger number over a smaller.

Building a logical decision on lies and denial of basic numbers is not going to produce a good outcome. In other words, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Again

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, fastyacht said:

Well I just love me a logical fallacy in the morning. Thank ypu for that.

Sophism, a lee shore, and the slot theory of main/jib interaction?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I was reading about mass transit and COVID the other day, and more than a few sites were saying that passing COVID on by touch was rare or nonexistent.  Is this true?  I’m dubious.  Argues for hand sanitizer/washing at least.  Be nice if masks would stay put on your face too.  Even with mask braces, the damn things move.  Hell, my cartridge n99 mask moves around.  Mostly when sanding & cutting & getting sweaty.  

2 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

You can call it whatever you like.

After all, it's your lie.

Not a lie, just apparently too complex for you too understand that sometimes, a really big number is bigger than a much smaller number.

Are you Joe The Plumber's dumber little brother?

Anyway thanks for the downvotes. A good reminder that some people think it's a 5th grade girls school, here.

- DSK

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

sole clear difference

Conveniently leaves out the two most important ones:

If you are vaccinated and get a breakthrough infection there is a very low probability you will be hospitalized or worse, end up in the ICU.

If you are not vaccinated and are infected there is a high probability you will end up in hospital and/or in the ICU consuming scarce health care resources.  

If you are vaccinated there is only a tiny chance you will die from a breakthrough infection.

If you are not vaccinated there is a pretty good chance (currently 1.6% in the USA) you will die if you are infected.

From the CDC:

image.png.f28404b57b52504be2567fbc0ee55934.png

CDC is aware of only 5 deaths directly related to the vaccine, out of 442 million doses so far.  Compare that to 766K deaths from the virus.  

Conclusion: Antivaxxers can't do math.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Your derogatory personal attacks expose the weakness if your position.

Sorry, when I accidentally step on a dog turd i can't help saying "Oh shit" right out loud.

I apologize for stating the obvious.

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

sole clear difference

Want to quantify  "chance" or at least use big C and little c? 

After a while everyone will die.  Do you care how long your while is?  See, quantification matters.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Amati said:

I was reading about mass transit and COVID the other day, and more than a few sites were saying that passing COVID on by touch was rare or nonexistent.  Is this true?  I’m dubious.  Argues for hand sanitizer/washing at least.  Be nice if masks would stay put on your face too.  Even with mask braces, the damn things move.  Hell, my cartridge n99 mask moves around.  Mostly when sanding & cutting & getting sweaty.  

I think it's less than was first thought COMPARED to airborne because they didn't understand transmission to the extent they do now. But someone sneezes on their hand, opens a door or hangs on a pole, you follow and then rub your nose...ummmm...I use hand gel a lot. 

If I touch the front of my mask I use hand gel. Mr Clew is hopeless. He always got more colds than I did before because he is a habitual nose rubber.  I adjust with straps or the edges if I can. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joethecobbler said:

Wearing a mask outside of a clinical situation thinking you're " safe" , is akin to riding a motorcycle 100mph and thinking a helmet is keeping you " safe".

No-one thinks that.  We're just "safer" than if we didn't wear one.  Same with riding a motorcycle - surely you don't advocate riding a motorcycle at 100 mph without a helmet?  If you do crash, the helmet just might save you.  Probably not, but it is still better to wear one.

@Joethecobbler please read all the threads on this forum and then come back if you think you have something new to contribute.   You are asking us to start again when all the anti-vax bullshit has already been dealt with.  That is the reason you are attracting personal attacks.  We're tired of dealing with the same anti-vax bullshit over and over again.  Stop wasting our time or we will just stick you on ignore.  Pay particular attention to the posts from @EYESAILOR - she went through a long period where she patiently tried to address all the antivax concerns.  

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Joethecobbler said:

sole clear difference

If you post the above, your math skills suck.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Joe is a sock, my guess is another one of Wess's.  Clue is he is upvoting all of the Joe posts.

It never ends.

That's OK - I just downvote them all and then upvote the posts Wess & KSFB et al downvote. The whole voting thing is a stupid game, fucking with it is what it rates.

So far JoeFuckwit isn't doing too well.

FKT

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
53 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Weak individuals, such as yourself, require validation from your pears

I don't care what my pears think.

Same applies to my apricots, apples and cherries.

All of them have a lot in common with you, though.

Anyway, you're a sock, you're an idiot and you've no demonstrable SOH so - bye.

FKT

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
57 minutes ago, Joethecobbler said:

Weak individuals, such as yourself, require validation from your pears ( other weak individuals).

Your ego cannot survive without acceptance from the " group" .

I'm not here for validation from faceless ramblings of the weak minded socially dependant.

I appreciate your rugged individualist superiority.

Interesting that you would join a group that's obviously beneath you.

I await your response with baited breath.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I thought I smelled something! 

I've sailed to the cold north this winter for a re- fit. 

New standing rigging, refrigeration, topside paint,etc.

So , with the shorter daylight I pass the time laughing at the ineptitude and blathering of you and your vitriol mental midget associates.

I don't watch commercial television, so you're free comedy entertainment

I'm glad that your life is good.

Congratulations.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1