Cheap Hobie 33 Project

I have a Hobie 33 for sale super cheap. Its in south Florida. Its a great project for someone looking for a blank slate. Its basically a hull, deck hardware, rudder lifting keel with its lifting mechanism, mast and boom. Need to get rid of it soon. Please contact for details. 
Das

2 hours ago, Dissel said:

I have a Hobie 33 for sale super cheap. Its in south Florida. Its a great project for someone looking for a blank slate. Its basically a hull, deck hardware, rudder lifting keel with its lifting mechanism, mast and boom. Need to get rid of it soon. Please contact for details. 
Das

How is this a "project" boat? Sounds complete. Trailer? Post a pic?

2 hours ago, Dissel said:

Das

I will take it for $5,000, but you'll have to pay cash: no personal checks

• Like 10
14 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:
14 hours ago, basketcase said:

what part of 'fuck off newbie and show us your wife's tits' is so hard to understand?

Yah, what basket said, WTF has happened to tradition?

TRADITION!!!

(all sing)  TRA-DI-TION !!!!

9 minutes ago, Remodel said:

What's it rate?

Some traditions are better than others, but you win something nice from Teaky's desk.

- DSK

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

TRADITION!!!

(all sing)  TRA-DI-TION !!!!

Some traditions are better than others, but you win something nice from Teaky's desk.

- DSK

I wonder what happened to the King of Tuvalu.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2021 at 1:42 PM, Dissel said:

Das

Which hobie? Pics? 

2 hours ago, sunseeker said:

I never bought into that tradition, because it is so lame. Anyone who says that clearly has issues, has the charm of a stump. 

lemmme helps a bro outs

1_2021-07-09jpeg.jpg

6 hours ago, VWAP said:

lemmme helps a bro outs

1_2021-07-09jpeg.jpg

Who the fuck finds that attractive? Those pieces of shit are like the Mac26gxe's of dumb fucking cunts.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Parma said:

right around 90 variably depending on local conditions

I've seen it as low as 80. Heads up even with a Soverel 33. I know, I know PHRF politics are as bad or worse than congress.

• Like 1

I recall a thread a while back where the story was that someone thought they may be given a Hobie 33 in FL.  IIRC it was in exchange for some work or something along that line.  The concern was what flora & fauna may (did) take up residence while said Hobie 33 was in long term storage.  (i.e. parked & semi abandoned)  Wonder if this is a continuation of that saga?

• 1 month later...

To everyone! I was trying to get an abandon boat a second life. I am looking to buy something like that but I can not take on a project like that I was hoping find it a good home. But at last the owner decided that he rather let it rot in his back yard.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:42 AM, Dissel said:

I have a Hobie 33 for sale super cheap. 

5 hours ago, Dissel said:

To everyone! I was trying to get an abandon boat a second life. I am looking to buy something like that but I can not take on a project like that I was hoping find it a good home. But at last the owner decided that he rather let it rot in his back yard.

So your first post was a blatant lie? You did not have a Hobie 33. You wanted to buy one that was too much of a project and then tried to sell it before ever taking ownership? 

Weird way to spend your time. 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:19 PM, AnotherSailor said:

So your first post was a blatant lie? You did not have a Hobie 33. You wanted to buy one that was too much of a project and then tried to sell it before ever taking ownership? 

Weird way to spend your time. 

I get the feeling they aren't a native speaker and the sentence was a fragment, ie "I have access to a cheap hobie 33"... benefit of the bout... and probably contradicting what i've said either here on the facebook thread... meh. 

46 minutes ago, mustang__1 said:

I get the feeling they aren't a native speaker and the sentence was a fragment, ie "I have access to a cheap hobie 33"... benefit of the bout... and probably contradicting what i've said either here on the facebook thread... meh. 

I thought that was Floridanese, or whatever langauge they speak in Florida.

What is facebook?