Jump to content

NRA Life Member


Recommended Posts

@Madmax Are you going to join the NRA in opposing the Texas abortion law?

Remember, if Texas can do that to abortion clinics, other states can do it can do it to gun stores, gun manufacturers and even gun clubs.

Think about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madmax said:

Supporting gun rights and freedom.  Join the NRA please.

Agreed. Please join the effort to buy Wayne Lapierre expensive suits and vacations on private jets.

Boondoggles, being necessary to the security of a free State...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, benwynn said:

Agreed. Please join the effort to buy Wayne Lapierre expensive suits and vacations on private jets.

Boondoggles, being necessary to the security of a free State...

La Pew Pew's wife needs a new face lift?  Just don't understand people willingly giving money to grifters, especially when there is so much proof of their grifting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Remodel said:

@Madmax Are you going to join the NRA in opposing the Texas abortion law?

Remember, if Texas can do that to abortion clinics, other states can do it can do it to gun stores, gun manufacturers and even gun clubs.

Think about that.

Well Mad? Are you going to add your voice to protesting the Texas law?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Madmax said:

Supporting gun rights and freedom.  Join the NRA please.

I was a member , when I was 12 yrs old then I grew up.

The NRA is so corrupt , tunneling money to crooked politician's and who know's what else. 

and . Please join the effort to buy Wayne Lapierre expensive suits and vacations on private jets and yachts. 

GUNS KILL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

The NRA is so corrupt , tunneling money to crooked politician's and who know's what else. 

and . Please join the effort to buy Wayne Lapierre expensive suits and vacations on private jets and yachts.

Look at it this way - the more they give to Wayne the less there is available to give to TFG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Look at it this way - the more they give to Wayne the less there is available to give to TFG.

Check how much the NRA funneled to TFG, and then check where that money came from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Remodel said:

@Madmax Are you going to join the NRA in opposing the Texas abortion law?

Remember, if Texas can do that to abortion clinics, other states can do it can do it to gun stores, gun manufacturers and even gun clubs.

Think about that.

I totally agree with that.  I support the TX and other state's right to allow a woman to choose what she does with her body in principle.  BUt I also oppose it for the very fact that the slippery slope of this is icy as fuck slip sliding into other rights.  And not just gun rights, but a whole plethora of things.  How one right is treated will affect how ALL rights are treated.  

And all of you folks now who are jumping on the gun rights side in opposing the TX abortion law.... y'all are a few years late to the party.  I have consistently said this exact thing would happen to abortion years ago what the gungrabbies continually try to do to gun rights.  I.e. you continue to introduce and occasionally pass laws that make gun ownership so onerous that's even though the "right" may still be technically there, the ability to exercise that right is next to impossible.  For instance, several cities have made training mandatory - but then outlawed gun stores and shooting ranges anywhere within 50 miles of the city.  So the thought is that if we make is so hard for anyone to actually comply with the law, they won't be able to do it - even though the right to have a gun (or an abortion) is still technically available.  And that hits the poor and minorities the most.  

You're just pissed off that the R's thought of the whole citizen lawsuit thing first as a way to circumvent the 2A - or you would have done that to gun owners years ago.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

As to the NRA itself.  Most folks think the NRA is a single monolith.  It is instead split into two distinct entities.  There is the traditional NRA that support and sponsor gun safety, shooting education, and shooting sports (Target shooting, hunting, outdoorsy stuff, etc).  The part you're talking about is the NRA-ILA (institute for Legislative Action) - i.e. the lobby arm of the NRA.  I support the traditional NRA and used to support the ILA a couple of decades ago.  But they can tongue my cinnamon starfish for all I care bout the ILA wing now as they've become so strident and tone deaf, they are actually hurting the conversation on gunz, IMHO.  Buncha corrupt cunts and WLP is the biggest corrupt cunt of them all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I totally agree with that.  I support the TX and other state's right to allow a woman to choose what she does with her body in principle.  BUt I also oppose it for the very fact that the slippery slope of this is icy as fuck slip sliding into other rights.  And not just gun rights, but a whole plethora of things.  How one right is treated will affect how ALL rights are treated.  

And all of you folks now who are jumping on the gun rights side in opposing the TX abortion law.... y'all are a few years late to the party.  I have consistently said this exact thing would happen to abortion years ago what the gungrabbies continually try to do to gun rights.  I.e. you continue to introduce and occasionally pass laws that make gun ownership so onerous that's even though the "right" may still be technically there, the ability to exercise that right is next to impossible.  For instance, several cities have made training mandatory - but then outlawed gun stores and shooting ranges anywhere within 50 miles of the city.  So the thought is that if we make is so hard for anyone to actually comply with the law, they won't be able to do it - even though the right to have a gun (or an abortion) is still technically available.  And that hits the poor and minorities the most.  

You're just pissed off that the R's thought of the whole citizen lawsuit thing first as a way to circumvent the 2A - or you would have done that to gun owners years ago.  

Abortion rights have been under pressure since well before RvW. The pressure didn't stop with RvW either. Nothing to do with gun regulations. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Abortion rights have been under pressure since well before RvW. The pressure didn't stop with RvW either. Nothing to do with gun regulations. 

I suspect there is a huge crossover between anti-abortion people and pro - 2A people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bridhb said:
4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Look at it this way - the more they give to Wayne the less there is available to give to TFG.

Check how much the NRA funneled to TFG, and then check where that money came from.

^ this ^

https://www.live5news.com/2021/11/04/lawsuit-nra-illegally-funded-trump-other-gop-candidates/

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Remodel said:

Perhaps not the greater NRA, but gun rights activists, yes.

 

 

Yeah, I obviously already knew and had posted about that. I was questioning the claim made about the NRA. I don't think they've been at all useful on this issue. You said they had, now you say "perhaps" they have.

Prove it or admit they've been totally useless again on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seriatim Tom said:

Yeah, I obviously already knew and had posted about that. I was questioning the claim made about the NRA. I don't think they've been at all useful on this issue. You said they had, now you say "perhaps" they have.

Prove it or admit they've been totally useless again on this one.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used a blanket term to describe all the gun nutters, so sorry about that. Are you suggesting that the gun activists who are supporting the lawsuit are not also NRA members?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remodel said:

Are you suggesting that the gun activists who are supporting the lawsuit are not also NRA members?

If I had made any such suggestion, you could quote it and respond. But I didn't.

I just asserted that the NRA has been useless on the TX abortion ban, and they have. No "perhaps" about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2021 at 7:06 AM, Seriatim Tom said:

If I had made any such suggestion, you could quote it and respond. But I didn't.

I just asserted that the NRA has been useless on the TX abortion ban, and they have. No "perhaps" about it.

 

Clearly you didn't read the entirety of my post. I'm not surprised. You tend to cherry pick that which suits you and ignore the context. So be it.

The point, which went so conveniently over your head was that gun rights activists are opposing the Texas law. I've already admitted that I misspoke when I invoked the NRA. Why you harp on my error instead of responding to the intent of the post escapes me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...