“COVID Is over” thread deleted

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much of the problem with RWNJ is the sustained effort to delegitimize the US Government as a source of reliable information. It has borne fruit with "Stop the Steal" fundraising and vaccine disinforma

Relying on an honour system with Trump is delusional.

I travelled around the world as a software engineer in the 80's, and many places on my own since.  Ottawa was the only place in the world where I was asked by the bellhop if I was interested in having

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, chum said:

I used to think you were above this kind of bullshit, but that was a long time ago.

bullshitter.

Who is arguing, to the point of seeking injunctions from the courts, to force the medical community to prescribe Ivermectin for COVID?

It ain't the libbyruls.  It ain't the medical community.

Just now, Fakenews said:

You should have a list of people in your sig with all the names of the BS’rs. So we know what’s what.

We used to have a poster who had, in his signature, a list of posters he was "ignoring".

It was hilarious when he forgot and responded to one of us.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

So, what would you say if I told you multiple studies were under way by reputable sources, one mentioned just today, right here. Are they being forced to study it too?

I've no problem with studies.  They are conducted under guidelines.

Telling an ER doc to give you horse dewormer because your babysitter's boyfriend heard about it at his weekly QAnon meeting is different.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chum said:

Of course, but that’s not what we’re talking about. Thanks for participating though.

This is the post I responded to.  Then, you jumped in and responded to me.

43 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Did you google what Ivermectin is used for, yet?

- DSK

What are YOU talking about?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Zonker said:

I was there in February for a quick meeting. 

Re Ottawa and @Blue Crab and whomsoever . .

What attracted me to Ottawa in part was the lack of homeless folks living on the streets such as are a constant fact of life in the capitol of the Empire - the DC Blobista power suits step right over them without a glance or a pause at their cell phones. It made ma gag, and vow to not return if at all possible. 

Ottawa is also relentlessly bi-cultural. You can't get most good gummint jobs w/o speaking two languages. I like that. 

And in how many capitols can one ice skate to work ?? 

Historical note - The Ottawa nation was part of the Algonguin civilization, which waged a centuries long war with the Iroquois. Often, the Iroquois sided with the white eyes to drive the Algonquins from their land. That is one of the sub-stories of The Last of the Mohicans. Were it not for the Iroquois the Mohicans might have been able to hold onto their land in settler era MS, CN and RI. Ultimately, the Algonquins won the long war, but by then it was too late. 

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Is 50 below professor colder than 50 below Fahrenheit or warmer? 

Many of the homeless are pretty darn tough. 

Our town opens up warming stations when it get really cold - say around 10 degrees F or colder. 

Here are some stats on where the homeless are located . . 

https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1300&fn[]=2900&fn[]=6400&fn[]=10200&fn[]=13400

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Many of the homeless are pretty darn tough. 

Our town opens up warming stations when it get really cold - say around 10 degrees F or colder. 

Here are some stats on where the homeless are located . . 

https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1300&fn[]=2900&fn[]=6400&fn[]=10200&fn[]=13400

Sorry, I was just hoping the other guy would mix in a comma once in awhile.  Bad joke.

Just now, chum said:

When you’ve got nothing else, start calling out grammar and punctuation

Your error was the classic "WC" (word choice), not grammar or punctuation

We don neeed no steeeenking interjections !! 

(Sorry Snags) 

4 minutes ago, chum said:

I was just pointing out why you didn’t see homeless people much in Ottawa. 

I am thinking that you have never been there . . 

to the slightest degree 

in any literal, figurative or metaphorical sense 

whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, chum said:

I’m sure I’ve been many places in the world you’ve not been either, what does that have to do with anything?

I try to not spout off about things of which I know little or nothing. 

Have you even been to Canada ??  I'm thinking not. 

23 minutes ago, chum said:

You’re thinking is wrong, as usual

Well, you could have done a bit of research before spouting off . . 

I was in Ottawa for a week once at a conference during the summer - and did not see any homeless. 

But they were there - 1600 or so in 2020, but nearly all were in shelters, transitional housing or couch surfing. 

https://www.homelesshub.ca/resource/which-city-canada-has-most-homeless-people-capita-and-why

On the whole, it sure looks as if Canada does a better job on this than the US. 

Class dismissed 

1 hour ago, chum said:

Why are you being an ass, I was just pointing out why you didn’t see homeless people much in Ottawa. 

You didn't visit the ravine.....

And then this guy started to build them little houses....

And then the pigs had a street dealer burn them down. One by one.

11 hours ago, quod umbra said:

And if you don't get 1977, there ain't nothin' anyone can say but WTF!

"Were they ever here at all?"

12 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Yeah Cornell is obviously the one everyone talks about, and the shows around it were great, Hampton I think.  I'm just not a Donna/Keith fan so I don't fanboy over '77 like a lot of heads.  But I also have heard people say the boys were just never the same after Pig died, which is just stupid to me, so whatever people like is cool with me, I have my own favorite era.

5-8-77

entire second set was amazing 

St Stephen- Not Fade Away- St Stephen

2 minutes ago, dacapo said:

5-8-77

entire second set was amazing 

St Stephen- Not Fade Away- St Stephen

I’m not too ashamed to say because I’m not that old but this is my very first Grateful Dead concert I ended up going to well over 40 shows

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Ottawa is also relentlessly bi-cultural. You can't get most good gummint jobs w/o speaking two languages. I like that. 

:lol:It was a joke Ollie. You opined Ottawa was "a great world capital," without saying why. I just took a google since I hadn't been there.

When I say great world capitals, I'm thinking London, Paris, Vatican City, Vienna, Tokyo, or Rome. Even DC but Ottawa? My best world capitals offer great physical beauty, arts, music, financial aspects, mass transportation.  Not bi but multi-cultural in respect to languages, food, ethnicities ... that stuff.

For you it's based on a week's working visit in summertime to a bi-cultural -- wait wait wait ... a "relentlessly bi-cultural" place, whatever that means, a place known for ... nothing much, really. :lol:

How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm
After they've seen Paree' Ottawa?

10 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

:lol:It was a joke Ollie. You opined Ottawa was "a great world capital," without saying why. I just took a google since I hadn't been there.

When I say great world capitals, I'm thinking London, Paris, Vatican City, Vienna, Tokyo, or Rome. Even DC but Ottawa? My best world capitals offer great physical beauty, arts, music, financial aspects, mass transportation.  Not bi but multi-cultural in respect to languages, food, ethnicities ... that stuff.

For you it's based on a week's working visit in summertime to a bi-cultural -- wait wait wait ... a "relentlessly bi-cultural" place, whatever that means, a place known for ... nothing much, really. :lol:

God sake. Ollie is a retired poli-sci professor. Can't you just listen & learn?? Stop disrupting the class!

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Ottawa has poutine 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, 00seven said:

God sake. Ollie is a retired poli-sci professor. Can't you just listen & learn?? Stop disrupting the class!

Here, I didn't know Ottawa from Omaha. Like everyone else, I've flown over Omaha many times but never Ottawa. I checked, and Ottawa didn't seem that great of a world capital what with the depression, and cold and all. A week in summer? OK.

Maybe compared to Ouagadougou albeit one third the size but a "great world capital?" An Ouagadougou specialty is grilled bushmeat which would probably go well with that nasty-assed poutine. Even Ouagadougou's sister city is Quebec City ... which is not Ottawa.

Ollie's a pompous windbag even when just tossing out an offhand remark. He could have said he really enjoyed his week in Ottawa but nooooooooooooh. 

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

When I say great world capitals, I'm thinking London, Paris, Vatican City, Vienna, Tokyo, or Rome. Even DC

I have been to all of those. How about you ?? 

Been to Ottawa have ya ?  

Writing out the Wazoo are ya ?? 

25 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I have been to all of those. How about you ?? Howaboutyouism

Been to Ottawa have ya ?  Utter lack of reading comprehension

Writing out the Wazoo are ya ?? Classic projection

Ollie, you are a dimwit. Conclusion from above notes

Continued escalation ... Masochism

ETA: 

Mic Drop - Mic Drop Emoji - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

Edited by Blue Crab
additional insult

This thread needs to get back on track.

Share this with anyone you know who isn't vaccinated

This blood clot came out attached to the breathing tube when a terminally ill Covid patient was extubated. The blood made a cast of their bronchi as it clotted within their lungs. 

This is what the news should be covering with Covid patients, along with what lung damage from Covid looks like. 

This image was shared by an ICU nurse on the nursing subreddit and then cross posted to the HermanCainAward subreddit. 

96413576-AF3-A-44-A6-93-EF-D893413-D9-CB6.jpg 

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/comments/r4ui1n/intact_blood_clot_that_was_attached_to_the_ett_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I never got into the Dead, and know nothing about them . . 

so it would be really stupid for me to comment on them, 

right ?? 

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

This thread needs to get back on track.

Share this with anyone you know who isn't vaccinated

This blood clot came out attached to the breathing tube when a terminally ill Covid patient was extubated. The blood made a cast of their bronchi as it clotted within their lungs. 

This is what the news should be covering with Covid patients, along with what lung damage from Covid looks like. 

This image was shared by an ICU nurse on the nursing subreddit and then cross posted to the HermanCainAward subreddit. 

Gain of function lab leaks have consequences but at this point what difference does it make? :angry:

Message - Be afraid be very afraid, Omicron is coming! 

Thankfully, there are many new products being developed by Big Parma to keep us and future generations safe. :ph34r:   

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
36 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

A lot of people say the Keith sucked, that he didn't add anything to the fabric of the songs. I take a wholly different view. Keith provided filler, rounded out the sound..... but he didn't dominate nor subtract from Garcia and Weir actually having to play.
Brent, on the other hand, also filled in the sound but at times was the sound. His playing allowed Garcia and Weir to get lazy, to take a break from playing for their all. In every Brent show there were spells were Garcia but more so Weir, would just stop playing and lean on their guitars..... lean on Brent to carry the tune. To me that was a big fuking problem.
If you dig out the movie Sunshine Daydream, some really great playing. Just Garcia Weir Lesh and Kruetzman. No keyboards, just the core, the boyz had to work and it was great.

As to the notion that the term "Grateful Dead" and the story of Garcia finding the phrase in a dictionary, be real interested in reading a story titled "Grateful Dead". Never seen that and frankly never heard that before you mentioned it. One would think if such a story existed that the band took their name from, that it would have been the subject of many searches and thus the story told over and over. So I am a bit skeptical. Sort of Urban Legend stuff IMHO.

Enjoy the day.

I certainly don't think Keith sucked.  I just think, as you said, he was filler.  Jerry even got bored of it by the end and didn't like the call and response during solos.  One difference is Brent wrote a lot of songs, so they played those.  Keith didn't write anything.  There are many, many times Jerry and Brent melted together and Brent brought out the best in him.  That kind of left Bobby out sometimes.  See below and stay until the end, watch Jerry's face.

This is the gist of the story:

The most common story involves a traveler who encounters a corpse of someone who never received a proper burial, typically stemming from an unpaid debt. The traveler then either pays off the dead person's debt or pays for burial.

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

I have been to all of those. How about you ?? 

Been to Ottawa have ya ?  

Writing out the Wazoo are ya ?? 

I've not been to Vatican City. I guess I should, as it's still the capital of a failing empire. 

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I've not been to Vatican City. I guess I should, as it's still the capital of a failing empire. 

I guess it's my bad that I keep expecting AJ to actually consider what he posts and to respond in an appropriate manner rather than just being a backboard. Kinda like the definition of crazy maybe?

If ya call a relative backwater like Ottawa a "great world capital" maybe the appreciation of say London is simply beyond your cognition. 

5 hours ago, dacapo said:

I’m not too ashamed to say because I’m not that old but this is my very first Grateful Dead concert I ended up going to well over 40 shows

Nothing to be ashamed about, my first show was about 10 months after this.  We can't choose how old we were!  And we saw Brent at least once.  I saw about the same amount of shows, we probably attended some of the same.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Jerry Garcia, despite spending all that time in crowded places with no social distancing, never contracted COVID. 

He contracted lipids however. The Jerry I met in the Fountainbleu Hotel gym facility on Miami Beach in '80 something was over 300 pounds at least. Still, hope springs eternal on a stationary bike.

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
12 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

He was trying to cast aspirations. 

That's better than asparagus, at least.

Depends on the meaning of aspirations. Casting hopes and dreams may be better than casting asparagus, but what if Ollie was talking about breathing on people? That's extremely antisocial behavior these days.

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

He contracted lipids however. The Jerry I met in the Fountainbleu Hotel gym facility on Miami Beach in '80 something was over 300 pounds at least. Still, hope springs eternal on a stationary bike.

He definitely wasn't a healthy man.

36 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Nothing to be ashamed about, my first show was about 10 months after this.  We can't choose how old we were!  And we saw Brent at least once.  I saw about the same amount of shows, we probably attended some of the same.

I unfortunately have the honor of seeing Jerry‘s final show at soldier Field :(

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

He definitely wasn't a healthy man.

At 53 ... perfect age for a heart attack. 53 seems so young to me now. So many famous seem to go down early ... but I don't think they do. They just use up what they had and flamed out. James Dean is maybe the poster boy for my generation of DT's: Do NOT go gentle into that good night. 

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

At 53 ... perfect age for a heart attack. 53 seems so young to me now. So many famous seem to go down early ... but I don't think they do. They just use up what they had and flamed out. James Dean is maybe the poster boy for my generation of DT's: Do NOT go gentle into that good night. 

Me too.  When he died, I thought he was 100 and looked like it.  Now I'm that age.  Heroin is less than optimal.

As usual the Candaians on PA are too polite to weigh in 

when their country is dissed, so I'll have to do it for them. 

I've been to London and Rome (but not Vatican City), 

and I'll take Ottawa - a world city that is actually polite. 

The Parliament building and Museum of History are wonders ..   

(Did I mention how abjectly stupid it is to critique a place where you have never been ?? 

so typical of US exceptionalists ) 

18,564 Ottawa Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Canadian Museum of History | Ottawa Tourism

4 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Funny thing is Ollie, if you had offered an honest opinion with some reasonable frame of reference like that in the first place, I'd have thought, "Cool." 

And the sailing!

I haven't been to Ouagadougou, BF.

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

when their country is dissed,

so I'll have to do it for them. 

Coupla thoughts: The Canadians are too polite to tell you that Ottawa isn't the point of this discussion.

The #1 libyyrul goal in a nutshell: Attempting to "take care" of people that don't want the help to continue in its present form. 

#2-10 are goals that have less than zero chance of happening.

Class dismissed.

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

So we're having a swinging Richard contest... let's see, I have been to; Ottawa, London, Paris, Berlin, and Bonn, Pretoria & Cape Town, Rome, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Prague, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Edinburgh, Stockholm, Bern, and Washington D.C.

The top three; using your criteria, are Vienna, Edinburgh, and Prague.  The bottom three are Mexico City, Pretoria, and Washington D.C.

Ottawa - meh! 

5 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Me too.  When he died, I thought he was 100 and looked like it.  Now I'm that age.  Heroin is less than optimal.

Heroin plus diabetes plus life-long smoker plus long time obesity. Jerry had a lot of health problems, in a way it's amazing his candle burned as brightly as it did for as long as it did.

- DSK

18 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Here is the video..... at 8:30 or so you hear the tower of speakers blow.

You can definitely hear them distracted after they blow.  But Brent comes back in after a minute or two it sounds like.  Ahhh, the good ol' grateful dead.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Heroin plus diabetes plus life-long smoker plus long time obesity. Jerry had a lot of health problems, in a way it's amazing his candle burned as brightly as it did for as long as it did.

- DSK

You would be surprised by the abuse the body can take... some resilient shit going on inside ya...

54 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

You would be surprised by the abuse the body can take... some resilient shit going on inside ya...

No, I wouldn't be surprised, the living body is incredible. It's ability to repair itself is still the most powerful medicine... that's why our most modern hi-tech mRNA vaccines rely on booting up this installed function.

But a living body is also very fragile in some ways. After all, if life itself is just a bunch of chemicals rubbing together inside your cells, then a small amount of the wrong chemical can fuck it up totally. Temperature? The body's chemistry is very temperature sensitive, this is why mammals have an advantage over reptiles. But it's a vulnerability too. Etc etc.

- DSK

8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

when their country is dissed, so I'll have to do it for them. 

(Did I mention how abjectly stupid it is to critique a place where you have never been ?? 

so typical of US exceptionalists ) 

If you do come to Canada, please go to Ottawa and stay in Ottawa. 

Signed, a Canadian who's never been to Ottawa.

• Like 1

I travelled around the world as a software engineer in the 80's, and many places on my own since.  Ottawa was the only place in the world where I was asked by the bellhop if I was interested in having him arrange a female companion for me for the evening.  This in a moderately high end business hotel.

It is that boring.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

If you do come to Canada, please go to Ottawa and stay in Ottawa. 

Signed, a Canadian who's never been to Ottawa.

I have been to Ottawa. While I prefer Montreal and Quebec City, a rational country keeps the business side away from the party side.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, quod umbra said:

And IIRC Hart had been playing around with a sort of stringed instrument thing. Almost looked like a peddle steel guitar set up..... but he used like an old iron on it....... one of his toys but it made some interesting sounds that could be mistaken for an organ in the sounds he would get out of it. 

The Beam.  He still plays it with Dead and Co. He's an interesting dude.

• Like 1