“COVID Is over” thread deleted

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

The host, Chris Wallace of Fox News, later said Trump was not tested before the debate because he arrived late. Organisers, Wallace said, relied on the honor system.

Given the fact that everyone knows he is a pathological liar, why would anyone think he would be honest and honorable?

That comes under the heading of "fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice 30,000 times, shame on me I'm a moron"

They shouldn't have let him into the room, or they should have told everyone so anybody who did not trust him (everybody who isn't a trumpalo) could leave.

I wouldn't stay in a room with Shitstain, unless I were guarding a pet or child from him.

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much of the problem with RWNJ is the sustained effort to delegitimize the US Government as a source of reliable information. It has borne fruit with "Stop the Steal" fundraising and vaccine disinforma

Relying on an honour system with Trump is delusional.

BB got flicked looks like.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

That comes under the heading of "fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice 30,000 times, shame on me I'm a moron"

They shouldn't have let him into the room, or they should have told everyone so anybody who did not trust him (everybody who isn't a trumpalo) could leave.

I wouldn't stay in a room with Shitstain, unless I were guarding a pet or child from him.

- DSK

I found it odd that Biden's team just accepted what the Trump team told them. If Trump couldn't provide a current covid test the whole thing should have been postponed.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I found it odd that Biden's team just accepted what the Trump team told them. If Trump couldn't provide a current covid test the whole thing should have been postponed.

Biden's biggest issue at the time was his age and image. Walking away from it would've been quite costly.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Plus they would have known the the test results were certainly falsified — whether positive or negative there would be a motive for lying. 

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

There's 74 million people...well...maybe more if he gets those 'extra' 12k from Raff...that believe he's honorable

enough to run this country.

Seriously?  This guy was our president?

He knew he had it BEFORE he met with families of dead soldiers.

Then he 'suggested' he got it from them?

“They want to hug me and they want to kiss me,” he added. “And they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it. But I did say it’s obviously dangerous.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-gold-star-families.html

Former President Donald Trump tested positive for COVID-19 a day before a White House event with Gold Star military families that he later publicly blamed for infecting him and top communications aide Hope Hicks. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tested-positive-covid-before-gold-star-families-event-book-2021-12

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

I have been to; Ottawa, London, Paris, Berlin, and Bonn, Pretoria & Cape Town, Rome, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Prague, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Edinburgh, Stockholm, Bern, and Washington D.C.

And didn't learn much.

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

To pretend that they are not all just as big of liars as the next one is just delusional.

Empirical reality says otherwise. The GOPPER R-e-e-i-i-c-h, not just the Drumph, proclaims at least 80% of the political lies that are out there (see Politi-fact); not to mention 75% of the death threats; and a very large majority of the corruption. All of that has been well documented. 

The issue for the GOP is that they do not believe in government, so when they get power they busy themselves with sabotage and thievery. They see nothing wrong with sabotaging the USPS, Medicaid expansion, Covid response, and much more. 

It's really a wonder that the republic has partially withstood their assaults up until now.  

Of course, all you have here are baseless claims - because serious studies supporting your side do not exist. 

That's it for today class. 

3 hours ago, chum said:

I’m sure a good portion of the hordes of people you’ve had in your home over the years

And you never do that because of your toxic meanness and dumbness. 

People must be quite reluctant to cross your threshold. 

Cannot say I blame them.  

1 minute ago, chum said:

Toxic meanness like calling strangers Nazi’s? 

You could easily provide evidence for that slur, but you don't because it did not happen. 

I may well have used the now-banned R-e-e-i-c-h word.  

But the R-word and fascism are not the same thing , ,  

So if Trump knew before the Debates, that means his aids did as well.  AND his doctor knew.

Yet he still risked giving Covid to anyone/everyone at that event.

Prediction...there will be zero reprocussions.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

Sorry, not possessive Nazis, I do my best editing after I type. 
Why do you guys concentrate so much on punctuation, WU, and grammar? Sometimes...

There's always room for improvement. Always.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, chum said:

Most readers read that as calling someone a Nazi, as I’m sure you’re aware. Many readers have told you so. Why do you think you’ve been muzzled? Not because it’s just another word, that’s for sure.

You may think what you like of course, but a poll of PA readers showed that 80% were fine with using the R-word. 

And if you GOOGLE this phrase "is **Dogballs** a bad word in English?" you will quickly learn that the R-word is NOT THE SAME AT ALL as "fascist". The R-word is at most a mild pejorative. 

Why is it my problem if you and a few others choose to interpret a word incorrectly ?? 

I thought conservatives believed in freedom of expression - and were opposed to political correctness. 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You may think what you like of course, but a poll of PA readers showed that 80% were fine with using the R-word. 

And if you GOOGLE this phrase "is **Dogballs** a bad word in English?" you will quickly learn that the R-word is NOT THE SAME AT ALL as "fascist". The R-word is at most a mild pejorative. 

Why is it my problem if you and a few others choose to interpret a word incorrectly ?? 

I thought conservatives believed in freedom of expression - and were opposed to political correctness. 

In the same poll 99% of PA posters disapproved of your incessant use of the R word and approved of mods using a “dogballs” like fix to stop it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I travelled around the world as a software engineer in the 80's, and many places on my own since.  Ottawa was the only place in the world where I was asked by the bellhop if I was interested in having him arrange a female companion for me for the evening.  This in a moderately high end business hotel.

It is that boring.

You've probably just nailed the reason old AJ thinks the place was so wonderful...

FKT

4 minutes ago, chum said:

Does this mean you’re not ignoring me anymore?

Are you vaccinared?

Hard to ignore when people keep quoting the RWNJ Troll's!  NO.

We are not "vaccinared", of course. 

Vaccinated yes, 2nd Moderna shot on 4/2, and 3rd booster on 10/25.

Are you??

41 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Not true at all, and I can prove it. 

"Fake News" indeed 

Pretty sure I didn't participate in your little pool (I find them annoying), but put me down for "You use that phrase to freaking much."

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You've probably just nailed the reason old AJ thinks the place was so wonderful...

FKT

In Manila, at the Shangri La hotel, I was asked if I'd like a female companion. Uh, no, thanks though.

Ok, how about a male companion?

Yeah, no, that's ok, thanks....

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, chum said:

Then what are you worried about?

That's the problem with selfish people. They think if a person is set, then that person has no concerns and should ignore the young, immuno-compromized, older folks, the vast unvaxxed globally due to lack of distribution, etc.

It's always "Fuck you, I got mine" and they don't understand why others don't live by the same creed. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, chum said:

Good for Joe! 
The unmasked cough was sort of weird timing.

Agreed that it was a good zinger.  And, the cough was weird in the timing.  But, how long had he been standing there answering questions?  

As for the masking - that's weak.  He is giving a press conference, for crying out loud.  

3 minutes ago, chum said:

That’s not me, like I said elsewhere. You don’t know anything about me.

Well, we'd like to know if you are vaccinated? 

I bet you're not, like the rest of the soon to be dead dumbshits....

1 minute ago, chum said:

What about at the store? And what’s wrong with talking through a mask in a small room with poor ventilation?

I prefer to wear my mask when out and about (Hi, Gaston!), and believe it is a reasonable and responsible thing to do.  I also believe we shouldn't be so laser focused on ironclad rules.  I think there are times removing a mask is not an irresponsible thing.  A press conference with the POTUS is one of those time, IMHO.

In a stadium, with tens of thousands of screaming fans, is different.  Or, in the case of UF, scores of fans.  But, you didn't ask about them.

I’ll say this. If you’re waiting for me to die, you shouldn't hold your breath. My odds of dying of Covid are extremely small. Much smaller than other daily risks we face as healthy middle aged adults with no pre existing conditions. I know you’ve been fed a different narrative. You’re probably one of those people who would crawl if the Democrats told you Covid was at 4 feet.
I’ll just leave it at that. 

I listen to Scientists, not Dems.  Registered GOP until GW Shrub, been unaffiliated voter since then....

You didn't ask me. 

But, science tells me there are simple measures I can take that drastically reduce my chances.

Get the vaccine.  The full course, including booster.

Wear a mask.

Sadly, for too many, that infringes on their "rights".  If they get sick and seek medical help after refusing to do the responsible thing, I say they should be triaged in a hospital parking garage and sent home with a tube of horse dewormer.

3 hours ago, El Borracho said:

Plus they would have known the the test results were certainly falsified — whether positive or negative there would be a motive for lying. 

Wasn't the addition of the sneeze shield between them a major sticking point from the trumpaloos??  I thought even that was a compromise just to get the former guy on stage...  

Just now, shaggy said:

Wasn't the addition of the sneeze shield between them a major sticking point from the trumpaloos??  I thought even that was a compromise just to get the former guy on stage...  

And, his spawn and their spouses showed up sans masks.

They should not have let them in the door.

33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That was kinda weird.

How about paranoid bizarre? I wouldn't cross the street for the putz.  Just asking if he wanted to tell me face to face triggered him bigly.

edit: If you don't quote the troll i won't see his drivel since I put it on ignore.

• Like 2
Just now, chum said:

FIFY

Fact Checkers (me) rate your claim that Covid is lower risk than other risks, is a "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" claim.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-01/covid-19-s-death-toll-compared-to-other-things-that-kill-us

I just looked up your "much smaller risks" and Covid for the 45-54 crowd, is 10x the flu, 5X HIV, .74x of Heart Disease, 4x transport accidents, 566x death by swimming pool and 2.8x suicide. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chum said:

I’m really slow, as you know, can you break out those stats clearly with cites? 
And what about my question to you about the flu and the danger you present to people at risk? 

Yeah, the cite was in the post.

What about the flu? I get vaccinated for that, as well.

45 minutes ago, chum said:

You didn’t answer my question about you, the flu, and immunocompromised people.

Is this really the first time you’ve researched the risks?!

Edit: please provide cites, these are hard to find stats.

Why should people provide cites you’re not interested in, won’t read and frankly you could find for yourself in no time at all?

Its almost as if you’re trying  to waste someone’s time.

• Like 1
Just now, chum said:

You're only in the 35th percentile for flu vaccination if you're under 65. Do you ask strangers if they're vaccinated for the flu?

The cite does not break out the population enough to make a determination. Is this the first time you've looked into this?

Is this the first time you’ve looked in to this?

2 minutes ago, chum said:

The cite does not break out the population groups enough to make an accurate determination of risk.

Do you ask strangers if they're vaccinated for the flu? You're only in the 35th percentile if you're under 65 and regularly vaxxed.

You stated "my risk is lower for Covid than..."

It's not, per the data. You didn't tell us your age, sex, health, etc. So we didn't look it up for you. You can find that all, easily enough. 

9 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Five Towns College grad.
He is the reason Phil will not ever play with the rest of the band ever again.

What's this Dead and Co. you speak of???
Garcia is rolling in his grave.

I'm not going to be the one to break it to you who Dead and Co. is, but I've been to about three shows and it's damn good.

35 minutes ago, chum said:

We’re talking statistical averages, not outliers.

You didn't define what you determine as healthy.

Hmm, I suggest you look at how many anti vax preachers have died or have significant looking covid. 

They are outliers in the sense they are overrepresented.

1 hour ago, chum said:

What does science tell you about the odds of a healthy adult being hospitalized or dying?

Clearly, there are other aspects, but let’s focus on this one.

A couple hundred dead, since Trump announced that he had it, and got better, and they believed him..

Just now, chum said:

So the data you gave me was useless.

Well, your thesis may have been useless, but the data answered it quite well. Now you change your thesis. Do your own homework. 

So you don't know, just say "I don't know, I never actually looked into it".

The answers are not easily available, it takes a lot of digging and analysis.

Maybe you’re just not very good at it or just not interested in it.  I have all (or most) of my questions wrt Covid answered having lived through 2 years of it.  It must suck to be so dense that you haven’t/can’t.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

And, so it begins.....

First U.S. case of omicron variant is found in California

The patient, who returned from South Africa last week, had been fully vaccinated and was showing mild symptoms.

Let us all hope the "mild symptoms" is indicative of what is coming.

It’s a HUGE nothing berderger.  I don’t spend a moment worrying about Omicron and neither should you.  These variants are devolving quickly now.  COVID is endemic.  If you are  vaxed (I suggest a booster this vaccine should have been a three shot regimen) you are good to go.

1 minute ago, Ventucky Red said:

So what happened to the round table discussion on the Grateful Dead?  You guy and gals are phucking things up again.

There's at least a clear debate there.  Donna or no Donna.  Of course the Donna elk are wrong, but at least it's a worthy topic.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It’s a HUGE nothing berderger.  I don’t spend a moment worrying about Omicron and neither should you.  These variants are devolving quickly now.  COVID is endemic.  If you are  vaxed (I suggest a booster this vaccine should have been a three shot regimen) you are good to go.

You could just save time and type "I don't spend a moment worrying about other people".

11 minutes ago, chum said:

So what was your rush to get the vaccine for if you didn't know your risk level. Please don't say it was to protect me, we all know better.

I don’t give a shit about infecting you that’s for sure. But I do care about my friends and elderly parents.  Even though I am remarkably fit (I exercise hard 3-4 hours a day, eat healthy, don’t drink and have no underlying health issues), I managed to get Covid.  It was pretty bad, I felt like I had been in a car accident for 10 days.  Everything hurt, I couldn’t eat and I had every symptom you could imagine.  There are people like me who died or were even sicker.  I wouldn’t want to pass that on to anyone other than the willingly unvaxed.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I managed to get Covid.  It was pretty bad, I felt like I had been in a car accident for 10 days.  Everything hurt, I couldn’t eat and I had every symptom you could imagine.  

Aren't you the one who blew off the precautions ?? 

How did that work out for ya ?? 

(If I am wrong, apologies) 

34 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I think it's pretty stupid that we do all this testing.

OF COURSE if you test more you'll get more positive results.

Test LESS!

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

I think it's pretty stupid that we do all this testing.

OF COURSE if you test more you'll get more positive results.

Test LESS!

If you hold your breath you will never get covid.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

A couple hundred dead, since Trump announced that he had it, and got better, and they believed him..

I apologise, I mispoke or typo'd.  

A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND HAVE DIED, SINCE TRUMP ANNOUNCED THAT HE HAD IT AND GOT BETTER, AND THEY WILL TO!

My error may be why there was no response from the RWNJ Bullshitters.....

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

but put me down for "You use that phrase to freaking much."

What labels do you suggest we use for far right-wingers who are trying to abolish fair elections, make use of violent threats (and actual physical attacks), are racist, and authoritarian ?? 

The R-word conveys the message that they maybe are not full-on fascists but are going down that road. 

It just slays me that some of ya get all bothered by the R-word, but are fine with all manner of F-Bombs, C-words, obscenity and gross misogyny. 

Right  @Zapata and @Editor  ??  

Folks can easily put me on ignore, but instead go for a misguided political correctness. 

11 minutes ago, chum said:

Not the point here, but I’m interested, did you get sick before or after you were vaccinated? 

I’m not disputing that healthy people have died, the question was how many.

Before.  Because I had a fairly bad case I’m super immune.  Even with my super immunity I got boosted Monday because I care, a lot.