“COVID Is over” thread deleted

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much of the problem with RWNJ is the sustained effort to delegitimize the US Government as a source of reliable information. It has borne fruit with "Stop the Steal" fundraising and vaccine disinforma

Relying on an honour system with Trump is delusional.

BB got flicked looks like.

Posted Images

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it! (George Santayana-1905). In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill changed the quote slightly when he said (paraphrased), “those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”Jun 11, 2020

flip flop

image.png.a32938d82495c21594311edf77e9f891.png

3 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

spiking? you said it was over. are you confused again? are you just being flexible with reality?

Did he?  I don't remember chum saying that.  

Now, Gator, yeah.  He's been spouting bullshit.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, chum said:

Cite? Where did I say it was over? Why do you people let this kind of bs slide here everyday? Why can’t we have a Covid discussion? Why so much bullshit? Why do you hate humanity?

sorry, I got you confused with another troll.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

So, if you have nothing of substance, ^^^^ doesn’t that make you the troll here?

why are you so easily wound up, or triggered, as some love to say? We are just having a civics 101 discussion, right?

Back to the topic.  We have Gaston proclaiming the pandemic over.

Has Dr. Gottlieb agreed?  I ask because he is reliably Gaston's favorite cited authority.

Meanwhile, numbers continue to climb.  And, we don't know enough about Omicron to confidently predict its impact.

17 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

why are you so easily wound up, or triggered, as some love to say? We are just having a civics 101 discussion, right?

Bark bark bark goes the sea lion…

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, chum said:

Why don’t you guys want to talk about Corona in the Corona thread? 

we all wish we were not talking about the pandemic anymore. this is the first global pandemic that could be curtailed by public health measures, that has been prolonged by human nature, bad decisions and ideologies.

4 minutes ago, chum said:

Thanks for the contribution, what do you make of that? Their vaxx rate is ~ 70%.

Which means 30% have to hang around the house and bitch on the internet. 

Could the vaccinated be a source for propagating the virus? Sure. That’s why so many vaccinated are still wearing masks and limiting social interactions.

Kinda funny that their behavior is opposite the unvaccinated who often refuse to consider mask wearing despite proven benefits to society, friends & family.

If the omicron variant is associated with milder dz, that’s potentially  good news. Pandemics dwindle when more contagious strains which do not kill their host replace deadlier strains.

The less virulent strain gains a competitive advantage by having a larger reservoir of living patients healthy enough to spread more virus.

It has the side effect of achieving higher rates of immunity with less dead vaccine refuseniks.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Fakenews said:

In the same poll 99% of PA posters disapproved of your incessant use of the R word and approved of mods using a “dogballs” like fix to stop it.

Here is the thread and the poll.  They show your post is mistaken  . . 

15 minutes ago, chum said:

So, given the info in the above cites about the vaxxed spreading the virus, how do you see that working out? 

What happened to FN?

Work it out yourself. 

17 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

If the omicron variant is associated with milder dz, that’s potentially  good news. Pandemics dwindle when more contagious strains which do not kill their host replace deadlier strains.

The less virulent strain gains a competitive advantage by having a larger reservoir of living patients healthy enough to spread more virus.

It has the side effect of achieving higher rates of immunity with less dead vaccine refuseniks.

Not only the extreme case of death, but it could be a competitive advantage to not even cause isolation in a hospital. Or even an advantage to have such mild symptoms that the infected do not take preventative measures such as masks, vaccines, social distancing. 

This all could be leveraged in several ways depending on one's political leanings. 

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

An anti-vaxxer in-law has COVID. He's like 90 and so I guess he's going to die of something but COVID is not a good way to go.

My condolences.

If others are any indication, among his tribe the cause of death will be anything but COVID.

2 hours ago, chum said:

I wonder about this. As the vaccination rates climb around here, I see far fewer people masking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/17/more-americans-are-planning-holiday-parties-without-masks-this-year-as-covid-vaccine-rates-climb.html

Yup.

But it makes sense. For 20 months now the anti brigade has been insisting that masks are worthless. Sensible people took precautions not for themselves directly but to try and protect their family / friends / colleagues.

These family / friends etc have now had time to be vaccinated or not. 

So why wear masks to protect the unvaccinated?   They are the ones being a-holes about it. We are just giving them what they want* now.  The anti's just need to own their own decisions, and expect no one to take any steps to protect them - they dont need protecting.

*The tragedy in this is those that medically cannot have the vaccine. I know 3 middle aged friends of swmbo who are in this situation. Unfortunately all 3 have household members who either dont believe covid has risk, or realy dont care that much if a family member dies.

And in other news.... It is early days for studies but they are coming out.

'Nearly 14,000 patients in the same health care system were studied. These included 178 diagnosed with severe COVID-19 and 246 diagnosed with mild to moderate covid-19, as well as many others who tested negative for the virus but may have been sick for other reasons and received medical care in some way. Compared to covid-negative patients, and even after accounting for other factors like age and sex, those with severe covid were 2.5 times more likely to die in the next 12 months after their illness. Overall, just over 52% of severe covid patients died in a year’s time. There was no significant increased risk of mortality for mild to moderate cases, however.'

https://gizmodo.com/many-severe-covid-19-survivors-go-on-to-die-within-a-ye-1848144418

So, to emphasize, 93 people of the 178 diagnosed with severe covid died within a year.

I have not yet read the paper in detail. If someone has time it would be interesting to know how many of this cohort died after hospital vs at hospital. It is not clear whether the above are a cohort who initially recovered and died from organ complications later, or mostly just died on covid's first attempt.

So, Omicron has been here much longer than we thought.

The United States reported its first Omicron variant case in California on Wednesday, in a fully vaccinated traveler who had been in South Africa where the new variant was first found last month.

A day later, Minnesota's public health department said a resident infected with the Omicron variant was a fully vaccinated adult male who had recently traveled to New York City.

He developed mild symptoms on Nov. 22 and sought COVID-19 testing on Nov. 24, the state's health department said, adding that his symptoms had resolved.

U.S. steps up fight against Omicron as variant spreads across globe

41 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He developed mild symptoms on Nov. 22 and sought COVID-19 testing on Nov. 24, the state's health department said, adding that his symptoms had resolved.

U.S. steps up fight against Omicron as variant spreads across globe

Yada yada! I'm waiting to hear from Fakenews, my super-immune health care advice provider.

About those people suing to end mandates.

This is from the Supreme Court over 100 years ago:

“The Constitution does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. A community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic, and its members may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.” Jacobson vs Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 7-2 majority

I hope you all realize that every time you engage with the RWNJ Trolls, it creates more of their bullshit, and every click adds to Site Owner Scot's bank account.  Nothing against Scot and his income stream, but it's a waste of bandwidth, and only generates animosity and discord, like Facebook et aux....

If everyone refused to engage, or put them on ignore, they would stop their explosive diarrhea of bullshit.  And find some other audience to bullshit..

Please DO NOT quote them!! 

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the States are over 800,000 dead so far and still losing around 1500/day?

It's the biggest killer of Americans in history.

Sure a good thing that Trump and the Republicans "did a very good job from the beginning".

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Has anyone noticed the States are over 800,000 dead so far and still losing around 1500/day?

It's the biggest killer of Americans in history.

Sure a good thing that Trump and the Republicans "did a very good job from the beginning".

I especially like how the folks who supported The Former Guy, and refuse to get the vaccine are trying to say President Biden is mishandling the pandemic.

Up is down.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I especially like how the folks who supported The Former Guy, and refuse to get the vaccine are trying to say President Biden is mishandling the pandemic.

Up is down.

Yep, Biden should do what Germany just did. Nationwide shutdown. Of the unvaxxed. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Up is down.

Newspeak - Orwell saw it coming.

But he thought it would be the commies who did it, not quasi-fascist dumbshits.

4 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

So it was a big nothing berderger.  He was vaxed so he was fine.

Like CFB, your credibility is shot.  When we were at about 600k deaths, you predicted we'd never hit 700K.  We will hit 800K  by Xmas.  I'm sure you'll be accepted into Med School...as a cadaver.  

11 hours ago, quod umbra said:

I have a few friends who have made that trek. And of course I have watched some video.....

But Jennifer Aniston had it right, John Mayer in the Dead? Seriously John??

No one can say he isn't a really good guitar player.  As for surrounding input and noise of him being in the band, YMMV.  I like it.

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

About those people suing to end mandates.

This is from the Supreme Court over 100 years ago:

“The Constitution does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. A community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic, and its members may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.” Jacobson vs Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 7-2 majority

Justice Harlan wrote the majority opinion  He previously was a member of the Know-Nothing party.

6 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

And you claim to know something about the constitution... Sig Hiel motherfucker... 

The case stands for the proposition that the government can order vaccination.  Under the idea that if interstate commerce is involved, it can be the federal government that orders it.  That's the law.

16 minutes ago, hasher said:
24 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

And you claim to know something about the constitution... Sig Hiel motherfucker... 

The case stands for the proposition that the government can order vaccination.  Under the idea that if interstate commerce is involved, it can be the federal government that orders it.  That's the law.

There's also a law that you can kill somebody if they are threatening your life. Self-defense.

Shoot all the anti vaxxers. Problem solved.

- DSK

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

There's also a law that you can kill somebody if they are threatening your life. Self-defense.

Shoot all the anti vaxxers. Problem solved.

- DSK

Shooting seems harsh.  Maybe we can open up some tent camps in Arizona.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Like CFB, your credibility is shot.  When we were at about 600k deaths, you predicted we'd never hit 700K.  We will hit 800K  by Xmas.  I'm sure you'll be accepted into Med School...as a cadaver.  

Worldometers has us at 800,000+.

CDC says about 782,000.

You're spot on.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Up is down.

Mike Luckovich nails it.

263604295_10159457163362980_6731594813424317222_n.jpeg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chum said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext?s=08# 

“ It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about who to execute”

oh, wait...

0B0A9E1A-9236-4CE3-AC55-373DBE0D7E42.jpeg.c37fbba19265f6eb19c78a6155c0ee35.jpeg

Split it by party affiliation while I load my gun.

9 minutes ago, chum said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext?s=08# 

“ It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about who to execute”

oh, wait...

Oh goodie! I can still do my part in helping reduce the stupidity load on civilization while suffering only mild discomfort myself. Win-win!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chum said:

Do you know how to read? What does the graph say to you?

I see my error: triggering you into an unwanted conversation. But as you are here: I am not qualified to comment on epidemiological research. So I have nothing to say about the graph. Are they saying the measures we have taken were pointless? You read and understood the entire paper, right?

1 minute ago, chum said:

I can’t help you if you can’t read a simple graph or paragraph. 

Thankfully there is text-to-speech so I can receive the wisdom in your posts!

What are you drinking tonight? I'm enjoying Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Surprisingly hoppy.

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

But he thought it would be the commies who did it, not quasi-fascist dumbshits.

You are mistaken about that - the ideology of Oceania was indeterminant 

The Big Brother is a fictional character and symbol in the novel. He is ostensibly the leader of Oceania, a totalitarian state wherein the ruling party Ingsoc wields total power "for its own sake" over the inhabitants.

5 minutes ago, chum said:

Nothing to see here, just move along...

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/fda-requests-55-years-to-complete-foia-request-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine

FDA asks for 55 years to complete FOIA request on Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine. Hungry for details on Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine? Just file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and wait until the U.S. tricentennial in 2076. That's the schedule the FDA proposed in documents filed in a U.S. District Court this week

Yeah, no. But you won't look into why.