“COVID Is over” thread deleted

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much of the problem with RWNJ is the sustained effort to delegitimize the US Government as a source of reliable information. It has borne fruit with "Stop the Steal" fundraising and vaccine disinforma

Relying on an honour system with Trump is delusional.

BB got flicked looks like.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, chum said:

I found the cite for you, Raz, errr, bullshitter. There are no details from reports of death. No way to know, until its studied in detail, which they do. I guess we have to wait up to 55 years.

Not sure if VAERS is used by foreign countries reporting to Phizer.

Reporting even unrelated deaths

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link. The CDC says, "Health care providers are required to report to VAERS the following adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination…regardless if the reporter thinks the vaccine caused the AE." AE stands for adverse event and includes death.

That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since we've vaccinated over 223 million people in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

Thanks for proving my point. Mighty nice of you.

1 minute ago, chum said:

Still waiting for a cite about something I lied about. 
FN contradicts himself in the same post, can’t keep his story straight. 
Rather than attack the messenger, why not defend the 55 year FOIA request for release of information?

Why should I defend a funny response to a bullshit lawsuit? The courts will figure it out. Nice to see you can learn and that the 1200 deaths may or may not have had anything to do with the vaccine.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.  The vaccine should have always been a 3 course regimen but when the two shots proved so efficacious they didn’t have time to extend the trials.

One does not need to look hard to guess what the next step will be across Canada. In Israel and France, the definition of fully vaccinated was changed to include boosters; those six months out from their second dose, or first booster, are now considered unvaccinated, and their vaccine passport privileges suspended.  

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Seems pretty reasonable to me.  The vaccine should have always been a 3 course regimen but when the two shots proved so efficacious they didn’t have time to extend the trials.

One does not need to look hard to guess what the next step will be across Canada. In Israel and France, the definition of fully vaccinated was changed to include boosters; those six months out from their second dose, or first booster, are now considered unvaccinated, and their vaccine passport privileges suspended.  

The "next step" has been happening for a while. I guess it takes a long time for the Pony Express to get news to Florida.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

Do you want to go on record about how many more boosters there will be, considering waning immunity?

I think there might be one more.  I don’t believe it will be needed.  Covid is in the process of becoming endemic and sooner than later it will be noise in the system at least in the US.

I can see this time next year getting my annual flu shot and COVID booster #2 at tge same time.   Might well turn out to be an annual thing.

5 minutes ago, chum said:

I quoted that a while back…

This is one scenario that scientists foresee for SARS-CoV-2. The virus sticks around, but once people develop some immunity to it — either through natural infection or vaccination — they won’t come down with severe symptoms. The virus would become a foe first encountered in early childhood, when it typically causes mild infection or none at all, says Jennie Lavine, an infectious-disease researcher at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.

Scientists consider this possible because that’s how the four endemic coronaviruses, called OC43, 229E, NL63 and HKU1, behave. At least three of these viruses have probably been circulating in human populations for hundreds of years; two of them are responsible for roughly 15% of respiratory infections. Using data from previous studies, Lavine and her colleagues developed a model that shows how most children first come down with these viruses before the age of 6 and develop immunity to them1. That defence wanes pretty quickly so it is not sufficient to block reinfection entirely, but it seems to protect adults from getting sick, says Lavine. Even in children, the first infection is relatively mild.

Whether immunity to SARS-CoV-2 will behave in the same way is so far unclear. A large study of people who have had COVID-19 suggests that their levels of neutralizing antibodies — which help to block reinfection — start to decline after around six to eight months2. But their bodies also make memory B cells, which can manufacture antibodies if a new infection arises, and T cells that can eliminate virus-infected cells, says Daniela Weiskopf, an immunologist at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology in California, who co-authored the study. It’s yet to be established if this immune memory can block viral reinfection — although cases of reinfection have been recorded, and new viral variants might make them more likely, they are still considered rare.

23 hours ago, chum said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext?s=08# 

“ It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about who to execute”

oh, wait...

0B0A9E1A-9236-4CE3-AC55-373DBE0D7E42.jpeg.c37fbba19265f6eb19c78a6155c0ee35.jpeg

Are you going to make any effort to read this article, or are you just gonna play some bullshit “gotcha!” game?

The take home message I took away is that the Delta vaccine increased the R0 of COVID, likely paired with relaxation of social distancing and masking as vaccinated people felt increasingly safe and secure. 

The second art of this quick article discussed an outbreak in a small Israeli hospital overrun by the Delta virus. Fragile elderly patients were bedded down in close proximity to one another and the vaccine didn’t keep them safe. Their immunity had waned, which is a warning to you if you are median age 77 and on dialysis, have heart failure, COPD or are immunocompromised. 

If that resembles you, don’t hang out near a bunch of other sick dudes and get a booster.

Try to be more responsible, @chum. Put some effort into this.

1 hour ago, chum said:

Still waiting, bullshitter.

Why is a FOIA request bullshit? I know you don’t care, many do. 

They want a 130,000 page report redacted quickly. Ain’t gonna happen.

18 minutes ago, chum said:

How long did it take to compile?

You think 55 years is reasonable? 

Why do thy need to make redactions, what is being redacted?

People’s names

2 hours ago, chum said:

Hysterical anti-vax bullshit "What’s the benefit-risk balance on a virus that has a 99.9% recovery rate?"

I'd be willing to bet that if this spew-rag has any circulation outside RWNJ circle jerks, that Pfizer will sue them for everything they'll ever own.

- DSK

5 hours ago, chum said:

It's you that won't look into why amigo. Covid is your religion and the vax is your holy water. 

If 1200 died out of 48,000, WTF?!

https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/5.3.6-postmarketing-experience.pdf

5 hours ago, chum said:

3 to 1 male to female, 1,200 died126763048_ScreenShot2021-12-03at4_13_24PM.thumb.png.1d3120824fc4a08cb549a4011e4b1e7a.png

@chum just stop. You’ve become a disinformation machine.

You are reporting an adverse-event reporting system in a fraudulent manner. Knowingly or unknowingly you are misrepresenting data.

N=42K is NOT the number of doses of vaccine given, of which 1200 died.

42K is the number of “Relevant cases”, the adverse events that require further study after millions of doses were administered. Now I’d like to find that number of doses given, but it is redacted.

But even these events are not confirmed to he caused by the vaccine, they just happened to have a temporal association: some of these people had car accidents, others died of COVID (was mentioned in the article) and some died of anaphylactic shock from the vaccine.

That happens, btw.

At the end of the article, however, those scientists in charge of surveillance decided that there are no current causes for concern.

Their experience, judgement and math are far better than yours, and you thinking you can scour the internet and beat them to finding significant outcomes they are trying to hide is both hysterical and telling. 

You obviously do not have the expertise to make the sort of declarations you are throwing out like candy. 

And the FOIA request getting slow walked by the FDA is most probably a consortium of well-intentioned twits and know it alls like you, but I haven’t yet had time to investigate them.

Suffice to say, you’re being busted by me every time and it’s high time you slow down the bullshit.

Disinformation is a threat to our society. Fucking quit it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, chum said:

Don’t know about that, the point was the FOIA request and the attempt to hide the info for 55 years. That should, at the very least, make you curious.

I don’t see a lawsuit getting anywhere, but I’m no lawyer.

No you are far more unethical than the sleaziest lawyer I ever heard of.

Generally when you make up fictional stories about drugs killing people, and seek to publish same, the drug companies take a dim view.

- DSK

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, chum said:

@phillysailor what do you make of this? To me it says that either vaccine efficacy is waning ad/or the virus is becoming vaccine resistant, or natural immunity is increasing.

Im not stating any of these as fact, they are pure conjecture based on my very limited knowledge. It does, however, strike me as very relevant. I’m probably wrong though.

Bark bark bark goes the sea lion 

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Almost certainly zero outside the gym.  Even at the gym.  I got sick on a Monday and last time I was at the gym was Wednesday. We were all taking the same risk so I can’t be upset about that.  Was a blessing actually now I’m super immune and can’t infect anyone.  But because I’m a good citizen I got boosted anyway.

It is likely you mean you showed symptoms on a Monday.  You could have between infected up to 2 weeks earlier.  You likely exposed many people by being a selfish prick and avoided masking in the gym.

4 hours ago, chum said:

@phillysailor what do you make of this? To me it says that either vaccine efficacy is waning ad/or the virus is becoming vaccine resistant, or natural immunity is increasing.

Im not stating any of these as fact, they are pure conjecture based on my very limited knowledge. It does, however, strike me as very relevant. I’m probably wrong though.

5 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Are you going to make any effort to read this article, or are you just gonna play some bullshit “gotcha!” game?

The take home message I took away is that the Delta vaccine increased the R0 of COVID, likely paired with relaxation of social distancing and masking as vaccinated people felt increasingly safe and secure. 

The second art of this quick article discussed an outbreak in a small Israeli hospital overrun by the Delta virus. Fragile elderly patients were bedded down in close proximity to one another and the vaccine didn’t keep them safe. Their immunity had waned, which is a warning to you if you are median age 77 and on dialysis, have heart failure, COPD or are immunocompromised. 

If that resembles you, don’t hang out near a bunch of other sick dudes and get a booster.

Try to be more responsible, @chum. Put some effort into this.

@chumasks why what he doing here is sea lioning, why it comes across as disinformation.

The answers comes down to intent, process and reasonableness.

When you haven’t studied statistical analysis, a particular data set, epidemiology, virology, scientific method in large cohorts, then a dose of humility when approaching the intersection of these topics is warranted.

I doubt @chumwould speak to a general whose army was engaged in battle in a similar voice after reading a Vox article. He wouldn’t start calling a City of Chicago FD captain an idiot , start telling him how to prioritize exposures vs conducting an interior attack after watching a firefighter’s helmet cam. He wouldn’t tell a cop how to approach a domestic dispute in Queens.

But give him some untested, unvetted data on vaccine surveillance and he’s off claiming a 2.8% fatality rate from one of the most successful vaccines in history.

The arrogance is astounding. The casual disregard for the hundreds of thousands of lives saved, the reopening of economies, the restoration of family bonds and making of new friends made possible is an attempt to impress upon society a warped attitude towards scientists and the government.

Being a skeptic does not mean using incessant flippant and shallow accusations to belittle and chip away at an edifice. It involves a real sense of trying to understand a topic.

But in the next moment, after hearing satisfactory answers for a complicated topic that underscore why and how the vaccine works, @chum promotes the next meme/ argument and screams “CONSPIRACY TO HIDE BIG PHARMA MURDER!!” 

This sort of asinine charge, casually typed in accusatory bold 24 font, is like tossing in a few rats before the elevator doors close.

The presentation is intended for shock value, and displays an attitude he’d never direct at those he chooses to respect. 

It signals he mistrusts government, society, higher education, pharmaceutical science and ethical public policy & he sneers at those who evaluate these topics carefully.

If the folks filing the FOIA lawsuit are made of the same breed, I say let ‘em run up their legal bills and wait. I want my government focused on saving lives and building bridges. Not indulging bullshit.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, chum said:

You're still pushing that anti-vax bullshit, hoping that others will be ignorant and prejudiced enough to fall for it so that they'll suffer harm.

What the fuck is wrong in your head, that makes you want to harm and possibly kill other people?

- DSK

4 hours ago, phillysailor said:

@chumasks why what he doing here is sea lioning, why it comes across as disinformation.

The answers comes down to intent, process and reasonableness.

When you haven’t studied statistical analysis, a particular data set, epidemiology, virology, scientific method in large cohorts, then a dose of humility when approaching the intersection of these topics is warranted.

I doubt @chumwould speak to a general whose army was engaged in battle in a similar voice after reading a Vox article. He wouldn’t start calling a City of Chicago FD captain an idiot , start telling him how to prioritize exposures vs conducting an interior attack after watching a firefighter’s helmet cam. He wouldn’t tell a cop how to approach a domestic dispute in Queens.

But give him some untested, unvetted data on vaccine surveillance and he’s off claiming a 2.8% fatality rate from one of the most successful vaccines in history.

The arrogance is astounding. The casual disregard for the hundreds of thousands of lives saved, the reopening of economies, the restoration of family bonds and making of new friends made possible is an attempt to impress upon society a warped attitude towards scientists and the government.

Being a skeptic does not mean using incessant flippant and shallow accusations to belittle and chip away at an edifice. It involves a real sense of trying to understand a topic.

But in the next moment, after hearing satisfactory answers for a complicated topic that underscore why and how the vaccine works, @chum promotes the next meme/ argument and screams “CONSPIRACY TO HIDE BIG PHARMA MURDER!!” 

This sort of asinine charge, casually typed in accusatory bold 24 font, is like tossing in a few rats before the elevator doors close.

The presentation is intended for shock value, and displays an attitude he’d never direct at those he chooses to respect. 

It signals he mistrusts government, society, higher education, pharmaceutical science and ethical public policy & he sneers at those who evaluate these topics carefully.

If the folks filing the FOIA lawsuit are made of the same breed, I say let ‘em run up their legal bills and wait. I want my government focused on saving lives and building bridges. Not indulging bullshit.

A Dog by any other name is still a bullshitter. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Gangbusters said:
1 hour ago, chum said:

Like I said, nothing to see here, at least for the next 55 years, move along now...

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

Do what you want, just don't force that shit on my family.

Chump.

Thing is, nobody is forcing Chum(p) or his family, if any, to put anything in their bodies. Just setting conditions to protect ourselves.

You don't have to get vaccinated. But you don't have the right to go into a crowded public place and put MY family at risk, unless you do. Kind of like how you can't drive a car on public roads unless you have a license. 

Chum(p) and his fellow anti-vaxxers are insisting on the equivalent of the right to fire a gun in any direction at random, without the bother of taking responsibility for where the bullet may go.

- DSK

1 hour ago, chum said:

Secondhand smoke causes approximately 7,330 deaths from lung cancer and 33,950 deaths from heart disease each year. Between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people died from exposure to secondhand smoke, according to the 2014 report from the U.S. Surgeon General.

You’re lying as usual. People’s jobs, freedom to travel, freedom of speech are all being threatened. 

I see you have nothing to say about your freedom to kill us with your smokes, what brand do you like?

You are still spreading the virus yourself.

Why worry anyway, youre full of your “vaccine”.

And in civilized parts of America you can’t smoke in public spaces, restaurants, airplanes, etc.  it’s the law, so sorry it infringes on your freedom to move about.

3 minutes ago, chum said:

I asked you not to quote me...

Too bad. Whata part of ANARCHY do you not quite understand?

4 minutes ago, chum said:

I noticed you left out the 480,000 people a year who are free to kill themselves and their family by smoking. Want to save some lives? You seem hell bent on it. Bitch about that all day.  Sorry if this infringes on your ability to think clearly.

I notice that you left out the part where you have actual facts, and a well-reasoned argument against vaccines and mandating same.

This is why you're nattering on trying to distract the world with rants about smoking.

- DSK

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

You're still pushing that anti-vax bullshit, hoping that others will be ignorant and prejudiced enough to fall for it so that they'll suffer harm.

What the fuck is wrong in your head, that makes you want to harm and possibly kill other people?

- DSK

Another question is why he hasn't been flicked for promulgating Covid bullshit.

• Like 1

@chumkeeps quoting rosy blurbs on those who filed this lawsuit… but I haven’t yet figured out if their intent is serious or if they can understand the data they requested.

Lots of folks are all over the map on  this issue. Being a prof or a “scientist” is proof of very little. 

I’ve not thought that I’ve been restricted access to enuf info to allow me to make a reasoned decision, but am open to researching this group some more.

3 hours ago, chum said:

@phillysailorDo you have reason to doubt their intent?

I have read the complaint, and regardless of my suspicions of their intent, I am convinced their suit has merit and warrants consideration.

Transparency would appear to be consistent with the FDAs mission and charter. The implementation of mandates for mid sized companies & healthcare workers, and forced separations from the military of active duty vaccine refuseniks would appear to put the onus on the FDA to fulfill their mandate and release much more info on the vaccine approval process. 

It’s their own language, after all, which is the chewy center of the case, specifically: 

21 C.F.R. § 601.51(e) provides that after a biological product is licensed, the following information shall be made available for immediate disclosure absent extraordinary circumstances: “(1) All safety and effectiveness data and information. (2) A protocol for a test or study . . . . (3) Adverse reaction reports, product experience reports, consumer complaints, and other similar data and information . . . . (4) A list of all active ingredients and any inactive ingredients . . . . (5) An assay method or other analytical method . . . . (6) All correspondence and written summaries of oral discussions relating to the biological product file . . . . (7) All records showing the manufacturer’s testing of a particular lot . . . . (8) All records showing the testing of and action on a particular lot by the [FDA].”

The FDA responded thusly “You have not demonstrated a compelling need that involves an imminent threat to the life or physical safety of an individual. Neither have you demonstrated that there exists an urgency to inform the public concerning actual or alleged Federal Government activity. Therefore, I am denying your request for expedited processing.”

If citizens have to make a decision to trust the vaccine or lose their job, it would seem the government should give them full & complete disclosure as stated in their own bylaws.

EDIT: that said, I don’t see conspiracy in FDA refusal, I see bureaucrats doing bureaucratic  shit.

6 hours ago, chum said:

I asked you not to quote me, remember you asked me not to respond when you quote me?That was just yesterday.

I noticed you left out the 480,000 people a year who are free to kill themselves and their family by smoking. Want to save some lives? You seem hell bent on it. Bitch about that all day.  Sorry if this infringes on your ability to think clearly.

Quote- "Fuck off Sea Lion"

7 hours ago, chum said:

Just get your jabs, save yourself.

480,000 people a year die from smoking here in the US alone, want to save some lives? Take away that freedom to decide what you put in your body.

The difference is they mostly kill themselves - a smoker coughing near you is extremely unlikely to give you a fatal case of cancer.

It's elimination has been happening for a long time.

When I was a kid something like 70% of the population smoked.

Now it's around 14%.

• Like 1

FINALLY, antivaxxers are getting skeered.

Vaccine demand grows in the U.S. and so do wait times

Source: New York Times

Many vaccination clinics and local officials are reporting long lines and delays in booking vaccination appointments recently, the product of expanded eligibility on booster shots and fears of the Omicron variant, experts said. 

The stresses on the U.S. vaccination program are also worsened by the broader labor shortage that is affecting many sectors, including health care. 

“What the public needs to keep in mind is that we’ve got a stressed and strained health care delivery system,” said Mitchel Rothholz, the lead for immunization policy at the American Pharmacists Association. 

Vaccine demand has more than doubled since the beginning of October, especially for boosters and first doses, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12/04/world/omicron-variant-covid/vaccine-demand-grows-in-the-us-and-so-do-wait-times 

• Like 1
On 12/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, Fakenews said:

Before.  Because I had a fairly bad case I’m super immune.  Even with my super immunity I got boosted Monday because I care, a lot.

So much for your "super immunity".

Prior Infection Is Little Defense Against Virus Variant, Scientists Say

A past coronavirus infection appears to give little immunity to the new omicron variant rippling across the globe, South African scientists warned Thursday, potentially tearing away one layer of defense that humanity has won slowly and at immense cost.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

So much for your "super immunity".

Prior Infection Is Little Defense Against Virus Variant, Scientists Say

A past coronavirus infection appears to give little immunity to the new omicron variant rippling across the globe, South African scientists warned Thursday, potentially tearing away one layer of defense that humanity has won slowly and at immense cost.

LOL.  Mask up if it makes you feel safer. Still not worried in the least.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Incorrect.  But if it makes you feel better carry on!

If you don't wear a mask, then you don't give a shit about others. The two are mutually inclusive.  Period. 

4 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Ah ha!  But I did.  From March to Nov.  Even afterwards at Publix.

Deaths and cases are rising.  Take off your mask kemo sabe. 

I did a while ago.  If you are previously infected (even if not), vaxed and boosted you can.  Come on in, the waters fine.

And if my daughter with auto immune disease succumbs to this pesky little matter, so what.  Freedumb.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hasher said:

And if my daughter with auto immune disease succumbs to this pesky little matter, so what.  Freedumb.

Sucks for people with autoimmune problems but they need to take the same precautions they do during flu season.   It should also be noted that only a very small subset of people with immune deficiencies are advised not to take the vaccine.  Most are strongly urged to do so.  Can’t make everyone wear a mask for less than 1% of the population who can’t get vaxed.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Sucks for people with autoimmune problems but they need to take the same precautions they do during flu season.   It should also be noted that only a very small subset of people with immune deficiencies are advised not to take the vaccine.  Most are strongly urged to do so.  Can’t make everyone wear a mask for less than 1% of the population who can’t get vaxed.

She's taken the shots.  Shots certainly work.  Other precautions are also necessary because shots don't mean you can't catch or carry or pass it along.

I ride a motorcycle.  I understand the risks.  When I get on the bike I'm not risking anyone else.  I don't shoot guns in the air on New Year's Eve.  Some people do.  Some people die.  Wear a mask.

8 minutes ago, hasher said:

She's taken the shots.  Shots certainly work.  Other precautions are also necessary because shots don't mean you can't catch or carry or pass it along.

I ride a motorcycle.  I understand the risks.  When I get on the bike I'm not risking anyone else.  I don't shoot guns in the air on New Year's Eve.  Some people do.  Some people die.  Wear a mask.

For how long do you propose us vaxed and boosted types who are safe from severe Covid should wear a mask?

Just now, Fakenews said:

For how long do you propose us vaxed and boosted types who are safe from severe Covid should wear a mask?

In Asian culture it is not unusual for a person to wear a mask whenever they feel it is appropriate.  There needs to be a greater sense of social responsibility in western society.  An apology is not a sign of weakness.  A preventive measure won't threaten anyone's masculinity.  I doubt we will be quite the same folks coming out of this as we were going in.

4 minutes ago, hasher said:

In Asian culture it is not unusual for a person to wear a mask whenever they feel it is appropriate.  There needs to be a greater sense of social responsibility in western society.  An apology is not a sign of weakness.  A preventive measure won't threaten anyone's masculinity.  I doubt we will be quite the same folks coming out of this as we were going in.

That’s not really an answer.  Most Asians haven't been and aren’t currently wearing a mask while out and about.  Are you suggesting mask wearing when you feel sick?  I guess I could be on board with that.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:44 AM, chum said:

I asked you not to quote me, remember you asked me not to respond when you quote me?That was just yesterday.

Quoted because… it seems being quoted bothers the Chum… 

Why post it if you don’t want anybody to read it?? 

34 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That’s not really an answer.  Most Asians haven't been and aren’t currently wearing a mask while out and about.  Are you suggesting mask wearing when you feel sick?  I guess I could be on board with that.

That must be a regional thing, because in Southern California, Asians wear masks religiously. Everyone here wears masks when shopping, people also still socially distance. If you wander into a Republican stronghold, hardly anyone wears a mask, they are also virulent antivaxxers.

23 minutes ago, chum said:

Smooth brain asked me not to quote him, then continues to quote me. Try to keep up.

It’s like Cal asking for respect for the kids who died, and to stop the thread drift. Within the hour he was talking about his dick and how someone is attracted to it, in the same thread. YSCMTSU!

Ah… you must be reading and posting in PA Aka: the sewer of the internet. 
Make sure your vaccinations are up to date, don’t drink the Kookade , take nothing seriously, and NEVER expect to change a fool’s mind. 

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

You really are an incredible asshole.

You embody everything that is wrong in America.

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You really are an incredible asshole.

You embody everything that is wrong in America.

I’ll ask you the same question.  Covid is endemic.  It’s not going away.  How long should vaxed and boosted individuals wear a mask? 

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Once again, you demonstrate you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Why East Asians Were Wearing Masks Long Before COVID-19

Growing up in South Korea, Jamie Cho knew from childhood that if she got sick, she had to put a face mask on, even if it was just a common cold.

“My parents told me it was to keep myself and others safe,” she told HuffPost. “I would see others wear masks as well, especially during the winter seasons.”

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Once again, you demonstrate you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Why East Asians Were Wearing Masks Long Before COVID-19

Growing up in South Korea, Jamie Cho knew from childhood that if she got sick, she had to put a face mask on, even if it was just a common cold.

“My parents told me it was to keep myself and others safe,” she told HuffPost. “I would see others wear masks as well, especially during the winter seasons.”

So some (very few)Asians wear masks during winter and others wear masks when they feel sick.  Got it.  I agree to wear a mask out if I’m hacking up a lung (unlikely I’ve never been sick from the flu).  How is that relevant to my question?

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

This is spectacularly wrong.  Like most the populations of every Asian country I've frequented for the past 25 years are wearing masks.  Especially on mass transit, in conferences, offices, shipyards, etc.

30 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

So some (very few)Asians wear masks during winter and others wear masks when they feel sick.  Got it.  I agree to wear a mask out if I’m hacking up a lung (unlikely I’ve never been sick from the flu).  How is that relevant to my question?

Do you test to see if you are the grim reaper?  

7 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

This is spectacularly wrong.  Like most the populations of every Asian country I've frequented for the past 25 years are wearing masks.  Especially on mass transit, in conferences, offices, shipyards, etc.

Going back years, it was startling to see international students at JHU, just down the street, wearing masks.  As a culture, it has been normalized, and largely due to the selfless nature of Asian populations.  

No wonder Gaston doesn't "get it".

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Going back years, it was startling to see international students at JHU, just down the street, wearing masks.  As a culture, it has been normalized, and largely due to the selfless nature of Asian populations.  

No wonder Gaston doesn't "get it".

Interesting anecdote but it sounds like BS.  How many wore masks?  We’re they sick?  Because if not that was pretty fucking silly even years ago.

Look

Interesting anecdote but it sounds like BS.  How many wore masks?  We’re they sick?  Because if not that was pretty fucking silly even years ago.

Look

25 years of seeing entire populations doing something Gator doesn't like, so he doesn't believe it happens.

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

25 years of seeing entire populations doing something Gator doesn't like, so he doesn't believe it happens.

Not at all.  But we all know that very few people (including Asians) were walking around wearing masks pre pandemic just for the hell of it.  No need to lie about things.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Not at all.  But we all know that very few people (including Asians) were walking around wearing masks pre pandemic just for the hell of it.  No need to lie about things.

Way before the pandemic... Way before.

Michael Jackson was wearing one because he learned about it traveling throughout Asia.  He died in 2009.

18 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You could not be more wrong.  But, you may try.

The Long View: 100 years and counting of mask wearing in Japan

As the X Files taught us - The Truth Is Out There.  But, you have to want to learn of it.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Fractal wrongness 

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Look

Who are you to say what is silly or not? My experience in large cities in China years ago was that huge numbers of people were masked. You are an incredibly selfish and arrogant person. You need help but I am sure you would never consider the need.

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Ever spent winter in Tokyo?

9 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Way before the pandemic... Way before.

Michael Jackson was wearing one because he learned about it traveling throughout Asia.  He died in 2009.

It also helped to keep people from looking into his skull through his nostrils. 

39 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Let’s face it, Omicron is not very virulent.  The devolution of the virus continues.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/omicron-covid-variants-risk-profile-starts-to-emerge-with-early-data-.html

That is hopeful news.

From that article - 

The report also revealed that more younger people were being admitted to hospital with omicron Covid infections, but this could be related to lower rates of vaccination among such age groups in South Africa.

That is a point of concern, as the younger people being admitted to the hospital with COVID are under age 5.  What is the current situation for children under 5 in the US being vaccinated?

We are well aware of your dismissal of those who are unvaccinated.  I guess it's just tough luck for those kids.

Thank God you are highly unlikely to procreate.