Attempted boat theft, video.

It’s not every night the police save a sailor from the final ride of his life. Better it is ended this way . He was on a one way trip out into the deep blue. Darwin was cheated. Tho I suspect Mr. Darwin will get a chance test this flying fucker again!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

It’s not every night the police save a sailor from the final ride of his life. Better it is ended this way . He was on a one way trip out into the deep blue. Darwin was cheated. Tho I suspect Mr. Darwin will get a chance test this flying fucker again!

There might be another close encounter with a police dog in his future.

Then he won't be a bowman, he'll be a bow-wow man

- DSK

• Like 1

Looking at the effed-up main hoist, the unpower boat, the lack of running lights, and most telling: the fenders dragging in the water, it's obvious this dude is just some crazy, juiced-up idiot who doesn't know how to sail. So yeah, he probably is a bowman.  

• Like 1

I pulled 4 Harvard guys out of a liferaft once, and they were just like that, entitled prigs. Kept asking why I didn't have a bigger Hinckley, wanted Godivas on their pillows, complained about the melon in the fruit platter. 

The guy from MIT was no better.

(Just kidding, the Harvard guys I rescued were perfect gentlemen)

39 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I pulled 4 Harvard guys out of a liferaft once, and they were just like that, entitled prigs. Kept asking why I didn't have a bigger Hinckley, wanted Godivas on their pillows, complained about the melon in the fruit platter. 

The guy from MIT was no better.

Yeah but Penn girls are... well you know. :D

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Is it true what they say??

Harvard men are all Democrats, who holiday in the Vineyard, and the Yale guys are all Republicans, and go to Nantucket??  :D

That was hard to watch. 

What a tragic mess. 
By the sounds of his banter, he has been previously picked up by the police and my guess is it was similar deranged behavior that  brought police to a similar situation. 
I hope there is some sort of available help that can guide him back to sanity. 

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

That was hard to watch. 

What a tragic mess. 
By the sounds of his banter, he has been previously picked up by the police and my guess is it was similar deranged behavior that  brought police to a similar situation. 
I hope there is some sort of available help that can guide him back to sanity. 

He was pissed off because he was told by a fellow sailor that there was only one place in the entire city of Austin. TX to get a driver's license.

Look in the mirror Gouv, that is you in a few years.

3 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

He was pissed off because he was told by a fellow sailor that there was only one place in the entire city of Austin. TX to get a driver's license.

It could be any of us. 

even worse would be to find myself acting like @Ventucky Red

I already lack the energy to throw such a tantrum. 
     Unlike  the guy in the video, I am blessed with a huge safety net. If something were to cause me to fall apart, there is insurance, personal wealth, and a community of friends who would be there. I am fortunate. 
      The deranged  fellow in the video may have similar support and he may simply have “escaped” from those who are doing their best to care for him. The fact he chose taking off in a boat as his demonstration of desperation suggests he may be connected to friends and family who can afford boats. 
      I like that thought as it may mean he will receive the help he needs. 
       It is Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful I am not him. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Ventucky Red said:

Wow. Bitter much? Is this what PA does to people? 

I doubt that Gouv and I agree on politics, but have no way of knowing, because I never went there with him. I've had lunch with him a couple of times, and enjoyed it tremendously. He's very funny, engaging, a joy to talk to, and a good deal smarter than most folks you'll ever meet, for my money he's a great guy. 

I think you're out of line, VR, and I like a lot of your posts. Personal attacks belong in PA, if they belong at all. Wishing ill to someone on Thanksgiving? Oooooh, that's really risking a Karma whiplash.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Wow. Bitter much? Is this what PA does to people? 

I doubt that Gouv and I agree on politics, but have no way of knowing, because I never went there with him. I've had lunch with him a couple of times, and enjoyed it tremendously. He's very funny, engaging, a joy to talk to, and a good deal smarter than most folks you'll ever meet, for my money he's a great guy. 

I think you're out of line, VR, and I like a lot of your posts. Personal attacks belong in PA, if they belong at all. Wishing ill to someone on Thanksgiving? Oooooh, that's really risking a Karma whiplash.

Gouv is a big boy and he can handle himself here.  Not wishing him or anyone else here ill will, Thanksgiving, or any day.

22 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Looking at the effed-up main hoist, the unpower boat, the lack of running lights, and most telling: the fenders dragging in the water, it's obvious this dude is just some crazy, juiced-up idiot who doesn't know how to sail. So yeah, he probably is a bowman.  

The foredeck person needs to be the best sailor on the boat so he/she can anticipate and defend against the stupidity coming from the ass end.  Chemicals may assist the process.

On 11/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Ventucky Red said:

Gouv is a big boy and he can handle himself here.  Not wishing him or anyone else here ill will, Thanksgiving, or any day.

Hey!!! I just lost about 25 lbs!!

Its all ok with me. I just figured you were doing your best to generate some edgy SA style humor. 

meanwhile:  I just lost another round with the alcoholic friend who I have been trying to get back going again. Another friend is handling the dryout this time. We are not giving up but it sure is frustrating when they go from doing great to totally wasted in 48 hours. I didn’t see it coming and that just plain twists my own head around. 
shoulda noticed this shoulda noticed that. Damnit!!!

anyway.. I saw the deranged guy in the video and he may as well have been my alcoholic friend.  I wonder how the deranged guy was doing three days before that?

I wonder if somebody who was trying to help him is as totally frustrated right now as I am@Ventucky Red I am pretty certain you had zero idea why I posted what I did. 
and.. I sure as hell won’t react to your post as if you did know. 
I don’t think you are an asshole. I think you did the same thing I did. You missed  the clues I sent about how I was considering the situation from the perspective of the deranged guy’s best Buddy”

when I  watched the video I thought:

wTF do you do when your friend who you are trying to help recover his life goes down to the marina and sails off in a total stranger’s boat?? 

What a fucking mess!!

why do I repair boats for a living when I  have diplomas in Sociology, social work, and psychology?? 
Boats stay fixed !!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Boats stay fixed !!!

G-Man,

You dointe haive explaine annythinge to annybodey.  The facte that crazey vidioe man touches orthere pointes of you life ist udderstandabelle.  Youre concerne is nobelle and reflecttes youre feellengs foire youre frende(s).  We alle, if sentient, reallize "holley shit, nevere thouht of that....." at some pointe ot anorthere......

And I adgree, 'thinges' our muche easiere to worke withe........            :)

4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Hey!!! I just lost about 25 lbs!!

Its all ok with me. I just figured you were doing your best to generate some edgy SA style humor

In which case I apologise, sincerely, to @Ventucky Red, I misread your post, and I am sorry I took it wrong. I owe you a drink sometime. Please carry on screwing with Gouv.  B)