Health Care workers won't take the injection. Hospital shuts down.

The hospital didn't shut down, the emergency room did.  If I had to go to an emergency room the last place I would go is one full of unvaxxed employees. Time for them to find another line of work.

FWIW the Houston Methodist hospital system was the first large one to mandate the vaccines - 119 quit or were fired for refusing, out of about 20,000.  One of those got publicity and claimed she would die before getting vaccinated.  She might get her wish.

In BC we had anti-vax protests at hospitals and at schools.  Yes, the same place where the anti-vaxxers go to get treated for covid.  Our government is now enacting legislation to ban protests at those locations.  The legislation has overwhelming public support.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/8242094/bc-covid-19-protest-legislation/

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

In BC we had anti-vax protests at hospitals and at schools.  Yes, the same place where the anti-vaxxers go to get treated for covid.  Our government is now enacting legislation to ban protests at those locations.  The legislation has overwhelming public support.  

You're vaxxed what's your problem?

11 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The US still allows protests.  it is a free country here.

27 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

It sounds like you seriously doubt the efficacy of your Vaccine.

It sounds like you are jumping to conclusions.  My chances of getting the virus are low and serious illness even lower - however, for me to go to an emergency room would mean that something really bad happened.  Which could make me vulnerable - and if the staff at an emergency room doesn't believe in science i.e. the covid vaccine just exactly what else do they not believe in? 

But don't let me disturb your biased view on the world.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

It sounds like you are jumping to conclusions.  My chances of getting the virus are low and serious illness even lower - however, for me to go to an emergency room would mean that something really bad happened.  Which could make me vulnerable - and if the staff at an emergency room doesn't believe in science i.e. the covid vaccine just exactly what else do they not believe in? 

But don't let me disturb your biased view on the world.

My wife is an ICU nurse (who is fully vaccinated). 
She wants you to wear a tag that states you do not want any un-vacanated health care workers working on you when you are brought into the ER.
This way you are sure to get a warm welcome from them.
BTW I am not Anti Vax. I am pro choice.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

She wants you to wear a tag that states you do not want any un-vacanated health care workers working on you when you are brought into the ER.

I seriously doubt she said or thinks that.  I want all the "pro choice" people to wear a fucking red hat so I can steer clear. You are the reason we can't have anything nice.   And wtf is un-vacanated anyways.

54 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

The US still allows protests.  it is a free country here.

My understanding is that the US has a similar law about protests in front of abortion clinics, because fucking idiots do have to have some limits placed on them.

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

It sounds like you seriously doubt the efficacy of your Vaccine.

The vaxxed vs unvaxxed numbers ending up in the emergency ward or dying, when expressed as a % of each population, are becoming painfully obvious to anyone who has managed to pass grade 5 math.

Just remember where to put each denominator, corresponding to both unvaxxed and vaxxed populations, and you’ll be good to go.

Maybe this article is firewalled, but here goes nothin.

https://apple.news/AmG_KuabNQUuo0GG1npdIcg

48 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

If you have chosen not to be vaccinated, you have demonstrated that, at least in this case, you are anti-vax. 

If I had taken the time to scan some of the other 'contributions' here I would have just pointed out the OP lied in the thread title and let it go. Nobody got time for redhatted peckerheads who are working to keep the pandemic going.

buh bye.

9 hours ago, woodpecker said:

I am not Anti Vax. I am pro choice.

Is the outcome different?

If pro-choicers convince a significant portion of the population, through support of choosing not to be vaxxed, to not get the vax, what is the functional difference between anti-vax and pro-choice?

The USA over the past ~12 months is the proof in the pudding; high pro-choice, low vax, high case numbers, bad outcomes.

10 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Great. Choose not to get vaxxed. I don’t care. You may have to get a new job. No one ever said you wouldn’t face consequences for your choice.

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Sweden had similar vax numbers but lower cases.  Why?

Who knows. Maybe they were lucky...maybe they weren't. The results are similar and the Trump affect could easily explain any differences.

image.png.99f16973b81fd14a8e943c9dba646cd4.png

15 hours ago, d'ranger said:

And wtf is un-vacanated anyways.

as a guess i would say its a synonym of enlightened

as in ..  no longer vacant

but it also refers to an unvaccinated so maybe used as irony

or just a  straight lie

On 11/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, woodpecker said:

You continue to ignore the effects your "choice" has on others.

I don't want to pay for your stupidity when your "choice" to refuse to vax against a potentially serious disease helps fill emergency rooms, denying others needed treatment.  They've called in military physicians in michigan because the hospitals are overrun, and the last statistic I saw said 70% of those sick are unvaccinated.  25% of the populating in unvaxxed, yet they are 70% of who is in the hospital. You are shoving your fingers in your ears and screaming "fuck your safety it is my choice" while the evidence of what your choice is causing is RIGHT in front of you. 

There are reasons that there are laws to make idiots like you wear seat belts.  Pro choice for vaccination? More like pro idiot. 

• Like 2