Very funny sand glass spinakker rescue with SB20

1 hour ago, slug zitski said:

Many times you can take the foreguy , wrap it around a bunched up spinnaker foot then pull the knotted sail down  

I haven’t had to send a man aloft for  many years 

I never do, too risky.

I've been successful at getting those out by putting the boat on the opposite gybe from the one that the wrap was created on.  They are caused by vortices behind the main.   Reverse the direction of the vortices and the wrap will come out.  Usually.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

I've been successful at getting those out by putting the boat on the opposite gybe from the one that the wrap was created on.  They are caused by vortices behind the main.   Reverse the direction of the vortices and the wrap will come out.  Usually.

This and do SB20's carry parachute flares?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Many times you can take the foreguy , wrap it around a bunched up spinnaker foot then pull the knotted sail down  

I haven’t had to send a man aloft for  many years 

Or you could learn how to steer a boat in a gybe. 'I haven’t had to send a man aloft for  many years'

What sort of wanker writes something like that?

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Or you could learn how to steer a boat in a gybe. 'I haven’t had to send a man aloft for  many years'

That’s Slug’s M.O.  He just spews garbage as fast as he can type. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, 42 South said:

This and do SB20's carry parachute flares?

So you can shoot out the tangled up spinakker, lots of fire on the foredeck but.... problem solved...:D

23 hours ago, LB 15 said:

A paid-per-post-count troll who also hasn't sailed a boat for "many years".

• Like 1
On 11/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, LB 15 said:

If it works in mnecraft then it must work in reality 

• Like 1
On 11/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, Monkey said:

That’s Slug’s M.O.  He just spews garbage as fast as he can type. 

when I read slugbot its easy to get confused, he spews garbage alright but its mixed up with occasional good input like a true bullshit artist.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Caecilian said:

when I read slugbot its easy to get confused, he spews garbage alright but its mixed up with occasional good input like a true bullshit artist.

That’s the irritating thing. He’s actually smart when he sticks to what he knows. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Monkey said:

That’s the irritating thing. He’s actually smart when he sticks to what he knows. 

Yes if not for being a right wingnut, climate change denying, anti-vaxing, bloviating know all fucktard, Slug would be a very popular.

As it stand now, if he were an Ice cream flavor, he would be Dick and Praline.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lifted Tack said:

How does one get a gig like that?

Just PM Scooter.

I am on a buck for every downvote. Good shit-fights start at $100 and then you are paid by the page. 'Motorcycle' who started the 1000's thread now lives on his wally 80 in the islands- all paid for by that first post. You can get lucky but a good Ian Dubin doesn't drop in your lap every day. Anyway drop scooter a line. Tell him Slug Zitski suggested it.

• Downvote 1
On 11/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, Rain Man said:

I have done this many times and it has worked every single time.  Just gybe over to the other side and sail deep, then swing the boat back and forth. It will come untangled for sure.  It might take a few minutes but it does work.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Just PM Scooter.

I am on a buck for every downvote. Good shit-fights start at $100 and then you are paid by the page. 'Motorcycle' who started the 1000's thread now lives on his wally 80 in the islands- all paid for by that first post. You can get lucky but a good Ian Dubin doesn't drop in your lap every day. Anyway drop scooter a line. Tell him Slug Zitski suggested it.

I donated a buck.  You're welcome

• Like 2
4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Just PM Scooter.

Fuck, that’s even more than the Chinese pay Shanghai Sailor! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 10thTonner said:

Fuck, that’s even more than the Chinese pay Shanghai Sailor! 

Shanghai; verb. 1 a : to put aboard a ship by force often with the help of liquor or a drug. b : to put by force or threat of force into or as if into a place of detention. 2 : to put by trickery into an undesirable position.

To Shanghai a sailor is to drug an innocent young cabin boy, trick him into the foc'sle by telling him there is a magic carrot in there and once inside give him a good bumming whilst swilling rum and lashing the poor lad.

4 hours ago, Caecilian said:

To Shanghai a sailor is to drug an innocent young cabin boy, trick him into the foc'sle by telling him there is a magic carrot in there and once inside give him a good bumming whilst swilling rum and lashing the poor lad.

Thissente the traditionalle taille, you maye of revealled TMI of youselfe........      juste sayeng.                       :)