What motivates ForOurselves?

For a very long time I was fascinated by and then fully immersed in the America's Cup.  When Coutts took the Cup to Bermuda I lost interest in a big way for a variety of reasons, no constructed in country rule (the opposite actually), the fact it wasn't even in the US, and just generally that I thought the racing would not be very interesting.  Then the Kiwi's win and  Dalton comes up with his freak boat, I barely paid attention.  Concurrently, after Bermuda this site became a cesspool of Kiwi fanboys, all hiding behind a screen name.  This guy - I assume a guy - ForOurselves and several others became utterly boring with their Trump-like ranting.  So, I just sort of stepped away from all this, and only occasionally would peek back in here only to see that most of the long time posters were no longer around and 4 seemed to dominate this forum.

Lately I have been asking myself why I care at all to even look at this forum, or care in the least about the Cup. The conclusion I keep coming back to is that sailing, and the AC, have given so much benefit to my life in so many ways, primarily through the personal relationships I have enjoyed as a result of playing this game, in all respects.

I remember as a kid watching the AC with fascination, the grace with which Ficker won and Gentleman Jim lost,  the outsized personalities like Turner, DC, Blackaller, Dicko and a bunch of others.  I remember learning a lot, I remember the example they all set, one way or another. There were so many different human elements involved like grace, dignity, ingenuity, cunning, backstabbing and occasionally an awesome sailboat race would break out.

Now what do we have?  Dalton, his freak boat, and now unmitigated greed.  Is the example being set by Dalton something you'd want your kids to emulate?  I sure don't.

I've read through some of these threads and see that 4 and a couple of other kiwis are still behaving with a pack mentality of such self-righteousness I have to wonder what makes them behave the way they do.  4 in particular is so supremely arrogant and dismissive of anything other than the Dalton creed of greed I have to wonder what on earth makes this guy tick.  I have been told privately 4 is actually a very senior guy associated with Dalton, whether it's true or not I do not know.  He clearly knows what he's talking about (most of the time) so I tend to believe he has some association with Dalton. I just wonder why on earth he seems to spend so much time and energy on this forum, which doesn't seem to have anywhere the number of users as it did 10 years ago.  I conclude it can only be about the money.  

I haven't really followed the whole venue thing in detail, but it seems to me that this is a giant ruse for Dalton to make bank.  Very clever, cunning dude that he is, he's set up a very interesting game of leverage threatening to take the event away from Auckland while putting forth a couple of potential European locations, and then Saudi Arabia with unlimited cash.  My guess, he's trying to leverage all of this so he can squeeze New Zealand as hard as possible and if that doesn't work, won't matter to him, at least in the short term. Obviously, he's not thinking about his legacy, especially if he takes the event to Saudi Arabia.  

For him to say, and 4 to continually echo, that there is not enough money for another event in NZL is an inconsistent argument with the fact he claims that 1 billion people watched this past AC.  If that were true then sponsors would be lining up to dump cash on him and we wouldn't even be having a discussion about venue.  Those 1 billion viewers are numbers made up under the formula IMG invented years ago - count any single impression as a view. It's bullshit, and everyone with any experience knows this.  There may well have been 1 billion impressions overall, but there is no way on earth that 1 billion people watched the last Cup as seems to be the new urban legend promoted by the likes of 4.

It's also ironic that 4 created his screen name based on something the former golden boy of kiwi sailing - Burling - used to say in press conferences, and now, 4 seems to not care if Burling doesn't sail for RNZYS.

If the goal is to win the AC again, then why on earth would Dalton set up an event that costs so much in which to be competitive, knowing he can't raise that level of money for a defense in Auckland and give up home court advantage, especially going to a place like Cork which will be an overwhelming advantage for Ainslie.

Saudi Arabia as a venue.  Pardon me, you can't be serious, or maybe you can, if you just admit all you care about is the money.  I haven't done the calendar math on the change of officers in RNZYS and NYYC, but if NYYC is to enter again (I think they might well come back under certain conditions), that means there would be female Commodores of both clubs at the same time.  Even if the calendar math and the sequencing of Commodores does not add up to both of them being Commodore during the Cup, they would at least be Vice Commodore.  How exactly is it going to work if there is female head of the defending or challenging club in a place like Saudi Arabia?  Those females going to be invited to sit at the same table with Saudi Royalty for any social events?  Would they even want to?

I guess I don't really care what motivates 4, he's just a screen name to me, nothing more than an annoying piece of digital dirt on my computer screen.  It's just sad that he seems reflective of the leadership of RNZYS that they are actually contemplating going to Saudi Arabia for the sake of a bit of cash, when it is well within their power to create an event that is more economically viable in Auckland.

The people from New Zealand who I know are better than what 4 and the leadership of RNZYS are presenting. I hope cooler heads prevail and sanity is brought back into the venue selection, that more cost cutting is done so more teams can compete. Can the leadership of RNZYS get their head around the fact they can hold their head high if they lose by doing the right thing at home, or, will they be pariahs by letting the Cup go to a country run by a brutal dictator? Real question is what the Commodores of RNZYS want their legacy to be, because people in a small country like New Zealand have very long memories. What is their motivation and why are they letting Dalton, and his surrogate 4, define them to the rest of the world?

Be better RNZYS.  Run the next America's Cup in Auckland. 

• Like 2

Fuck, I just realise I've really been missing that Peter Huseless guy.

You know, the nasty one that is posting under his real name, who's mixing things up so badly.

And if anyone likes to start another thread for ourselves, go ahead, love it.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, PeterHuston said:

For a very long time I was fascinated by and then fully immersed in the America's Cup.  When Coutts took the Cup to Bermuda I lost interest in a big way for a variety of reasons, no constructed in country rule (the opposite actually), the fact it wasn't even in the US, and just generally that I thought the racing would not be very interesting.  Then the Kiwi's win and  Dalton comes up with his freak boat, I barely paid attention.  Concurrently, after Bermuda this site became a cesspool of Kiwi fanboys, all hiding behind a screen name.  This guy - I assume a guy - ForOurselves and several others became utterly boring with their Trump-like ranting.  So, I just sort of stepped away from all this, and only occasionally would peek back in here only to see that most of the long time posters were no longer around and 4 seemed to dominate this forum.

Lately I have been asking myself why I care at all to even look at this forum, or care in the least about the Cup. The conclusion I keep coming back to is that sailing, and the AC, have given so much benefit to my life in so many ways, primarily through the personal relationships I have enjoyed as a result of playing this game, in all respects.

I remember as a kid watching the AC with fascination, the grace with which Ficker won and Gentleman Jim lost,  the outsized personalities like Turner, DC, Blackaller, Dicko and a bunch of others.  I remember learning a lot, I remember the example they all set, one way or another. There were so many different human elements involved like grace, dignity, ingenuity, cunning, backstabbing and occasionally an awesome sailboat race would break out.

Now what do we have?  Dalton, his freak boat, and now unmitigated greed.  Is the example being set by Dalton something you'd want your kids to emulate?  I sure don't.

I've read through some of these threads and see that 4 and a couple of other kiwis are still behaving with a pack mentality of such self-righteousness I have to wonder what makes them behave the way they do.  4 in particular is so supremely arrogant and dismissive of anything other than the Dalton creed of greed I have to wonder what on earth makes this guy tick.  I have been told privately 4 is actually a very senior guy associated with Dalton, whether it's true or not I do not know.  He clearly knows what he's talking about (most of the time) so I tend to believe he has some association with Dalton. I just wonder why on earth he seems to spend so much time and energy on this forum, which doesn't seem to have anywhere the number of users as it did 10 years ago.  I conclude it can only be about the money.  

I haven't really followed the whole venue thing in detail, but it seems to me that this is a giant ruse for Dalton to make bank.  Very clever, cunning dude that he is, he's set up a very interesting game of leverage threatening to take the event away from Auckland while putting forth a couple of potential European locations, and then Saudi Arabia with unlimited cash.  My guess, he's trying to leverage all of this so he can squeeze New Zealand as hard as possible and if that doesn't work, won't matter to him, at least in the short term. Obviously, he's not thinking about his legacy, especially if he takes the event to Saudi Arabia.  

For him to say, and 4 to continually echo, that there is not enough money for another event in NZL is an inconsistent argument with the fact he claims that 1 billion people watched this past AC.  If that were true then sponsors would be lining up to dump cash on him and we wouldn't even be having a discussion about venue.  Those 1 billion viewers are numbers made up under the formula IMG invented years ago - count any single impression as a view. It's bullshit, and everyone with any experience knows this.  There may well have been 1 billion impressions overall, but there is no way on earth that 1 billion people watched the last Cup as seems to be the new urban legend promoted by the likes of 4.

It's also ironic that 4 created his screen name based on something the former golden boy of kiwi sailing - Burling - used to say in press conferences, and now, 4 seems to not care if Burling doesn't sail for RNZYS.

If the goal is to win the AC again, then why on earth would Dalton set up an event that costs so much in which to be competitive, knowing he can't raise that level of money for a defense in Auckland and give up home court advantage, especially going to a place like Cork which will be an overwhelming advantage for Ainslie.

Saudi Arabia as a venue.  Pardon me, you can't be serious, or maybe you can, if you just admit all you care about is the money.  I haven't done the calendar math on the change of officers in RNZYS and NYYC, but if NYYC is to enter again (I think they might well come back under certain conditions), that means there would be female Commodores of both clubs at the same time.  Even if the calendar math and the sequencing of Commodores does not add up to both of them being Commodore during the Cup, they would at least be Vice Commodore.  How exactly is it going to work if there is female head of the defending or challenging club in a place like Saudi Arabia?  Those females going to be invited to sit at the same table with Saudi Royalty for any social events?  Would they even want to?

I guess I don't really care what motivates 4, he's just a screen name to me, nothing more than an annoying piece of digital dirt on my computer screen.  It's just sad that he seems reflective of the leadership of RNZYS that they are actually contemplating going to Saudi Arabia for the sake of a bit of cash, when it is well within their power to create an event that is more economically viable in Auckland.

The people from New Zealand who I know are better than what 4 and the leadership of RNZYS are presenting. I hope cooler heads prevail and sanity is brought back into the venue selection, that more cost cutting is done so more teams can compete. Can the leadership of RNZYS get their head around the fact they can hold their head high if they lose by doing the right thing at home, or, will they be pariahs by letting the Cup go to a country run by a brutal dictator? Real question is what the Commodores of RNZYS want their legacy to be, because people in a small country like New Zealand have very long memories. What is their motivation and why are they letting Dalton, and his surrogate 4, define them to the rest of the world?

Be better RNZYS.  Run the next America's Cup in Auckland. 

A personality disorder mixed with the small, backwater country mentality. Just be glad these Kiwi fucks aren't Dutch.

I can't believe that 4 is associated with anyone in ETNZ. Otherwise some PR person would by now have asked him to shut the fuck up given the damage he does to the reputation of the team and in fact NZ.

Nor can I believe he is senior at anything (except age). Unless through nepotism I suppose

Wow! Another thread dedicated to lil old me? Lol guess what fuckers, I’m living rent free in your heads and you can’t deal with it! 
All your conspiracy theories about KHD having $40mil (which it doesn’t) about morals and ethics (even though you’re all more than happy to sacrifice your own) to whoring the venue out (even though its been done before and there is nothing in any rule book that prevents it) to your little pissy personal vendettas against Dalts, to some fucking obscure EU sports law that you know won’t be challenged, it’s all come to NOTHING. Meanwhile the cogs that started turning after the last race of AC36 are still turning now, there will be an offshore venue, and there will be an offshore defence so you can either deal with it or sit in a corner banging your head against the wall crying because you’ve wasted 8 months bitching and moaning about  Team NZ while they keep winning.

Peter

Good to see you post. I think the answer to your question about 4 is simple. He is that unsavoury mix of fanboy and troll. The fanboy is obvious, and if you want evidence of the troll, just read what he writes above, which effectively admits to being a troll. I have to admit that occasionally, when bored, I troll the troll, because it is so easy to keep him diving deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole.

I also don't believe he has any association with Dalton or ETNZ, because he occasionally writes stuff about the team that are provably incorrect. of course, that could be deliberate, but I don't think so.

Keep well.

I think the answer is simple. Four finds satisfaction in his life through others. His own life obviously has problems. There’s a reason he had to dump his old username (SClarke) once all the locals figured out who the village idiot was. I actually feel bad for the guy. 

'What motivates ForOurselves?' Who the hell really cares to try get inside that head? :D 

After many years here I decided to go ahead and just put a few folks on Ignore and not bother responding. There are plenty of good people posting, plenty of fun and/or interesting ideas, and a bunch of peripheral yakking too. I still enjoy SAAC.

This place is the closest thing to an AC currents events encyclopedia you could possibly find on the web.

Cheers to those of us celebrating XGiving today including you, Peter. Did you move back to SoCal yet?

17 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

'What motivates ForOurselves?' Who the hell really cares to try get inside that head? :D 

After many years here I decided to go ahead and just put a few folks on Ignore and not bother responding. There are plenty of good people posting, plenty of fun and/or interesting ideas, and a bunch of peripheral yakking too. I still enjoy SAAC.

This place is the closest thing to an AC currents events encyclopedia you could possibly find on the web.

Cheers to those of us celebrating XGiving today including you, Peter. Did you move back to SoCal yet?

What motivates me? Its very simple.

1) Seeing my team win.

2) seeing your team lose.

3) Enjoying the spoils of winning.

4) Watching you cry like a little bitch.

5) Pointing out the hypocrisy of those who now have a problem with the DoG because its actually being respected, unlike AC34 and 35.

6) Watching the haters clutching at straws like some pointless EU sports law that they think will stop the Nationality rules.

7) Watching the crazy tin foil hatters like @Stingray~who enjoy living in their little bubble of conspiracy theories like the cult of Trump, except even though what they're doing is exactly what Trump and his cult are doing, they have the audacity to insult Trumpers for doing it while ignoring the hypocrisy of it! lol

8) knowing that those hating on Dalts and Team NZ are too gutless to back their own team and have just decided to support who ever it is that ends up being challenger for the next AC match like the fairweather fans they are.

9) knowing this will be the end result of AC37

1630597513069.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=m

4 hours ago, Monkey said:

I think the answer is simple. Four finds satisfaction in his life through others. His own life obviously has problems. There’s a reason he had to dump his old username (SClarke) once all the locals figured out who the village idiot was. I actually feel bad for the guy. 

image.png.bff1283595d02f91033d515d83b01d88.png

Did a quick google. story checks out. What does he actually sail, i assume he's a member of rnzys, people must know him in real life.

1 hour ago, shebeen said:

image.png.bff1283595d02f91033d515d83b01d88.png

Did a quick google. story checks out. What does he actually sail, i assume he's a member of rnzys, people must know him in real life.

You know I'm living rent free in your head when you have to resort to stalking my private life.

I will never and have never stalked anyone in this forum because they don't agree with my f'ing Americas Cup views.

Its the fucking Americas Cup. Why the fuck the need to bring someone's fucking private life without their permission into an anonymous forum because you can't handle the fact that I don't agree with you.

Get a grip you fucking psycho.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You know I'm living rent free in your head when you have to resort to stalking my private life.

I will never and have never stalked anyone in this forum because they don't agree with my f'ing Americas Cup views.

Its the fucking Americas Cup. Why the fuck the need to bring someone's fucking private life without their permission into an anonymous forum because you can't handle the fact that I don't agree with you.

Get a grip you fucking psycho.

sorry by quick google i meant just used the search function here..

looks like you changed your profile from your abbreviated name to your current anonymous one.

it's just odd that a 5* troll wouldn't just start a new account

no actual stalking, infact the opposite thanks to the ignore function that hopefully more people would just use.

5 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

You posted pix of your daughter to Facebook? You are more stupid, even dangerous, than I thought. 

Care to enroll in a course about media competency 101?

Ah I see. You’re one of the POS that blames the person for taking the picture, and not the person who leaks them without permission. 

Anywho, doesn’t change the fact that I’m living rent free in your head.

32 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Blah blah... 

Anywho, doesn’t change the fact that I’m living rent free in your head.

Sigh, yes, by now everyone hereabouts knows that this is your newest favored phrase. Got something intelligent to add? No? O.k.,back to scrolling by your posts again, the amusement factor wears thin with someone posting children pix in the internet. 

21 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Sigh, yes, by now everyone hereabouts knows that this is your newest favored phrase. Got something intelligent to add? No? O.k.,back to scrolling by your posts again, the amusement factor wears thin with someone posting children pix in the internet. 

When there is a law preventing someone from posting pics of their kids to FB, you can talk. But there isn't.

But again, like trying to prove Dalton has done anything which disrespects the DoG, you have nothing.

So you can watch Grant Dalton and Team NZ win the next event off shore just like everyone else.

Because you have nothing.