What say you nutters? Clean shoot?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The judge is Kyle's ex-wife (I think). She's not there. The lady on the right, texting and showing little or no concern about the gun wielding Kyle or the soon to be dead Chad, is Kyle's current squee

If there wasn't a gun, one or both would be nursing a few bruises on jaws and the kids would have a chance at growing up as normal kids.  

Is not.  - field is bigger so we can push the snow off to the side - extra man is to run the snow blower - it is a myth that Canadian football only has 3 downs. We just punt on 3rd and 10 bec

Posted Images

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Maybe my family has been exceptional, but any agreement that one parent gets the kid as a specific time is dysfunctional right there. 

I agree completely, and I’m not one of those, but I dated a girl who had a really bad divorce and pick up time was 5:00 Friday.  Both ways.  The controlling asshole threatened court action EVERY week if it wasn’t met. It was so fucked, especially for the kids.  

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Totally random but,

“Kyle” and “Chad”? That’s just fucking funny.

Yeah. For some reason it sounds like a John Mellencamp song to me.

Little ditty about Kyle and Chad
Two American idiots growin' up in the heartland

Kyle, he's gonna be a 2A star
Chad's dying bleeding on Kyle's porch

Oh yeah, Kyle goes on
Long after the killin' of Chad is done
I say, oh yeah say Kyle goes on
Now walk on

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

any agreement that one parent gets the kid as a specific time is dysfunctional right there. 

Right, your family has been way exceptional. 

Immature parents just love to weaponize the kids against the evil other. 

3 hours ago, βhyde said:

Oh, by the way...

"Numerous sources indicated to EverythingLubbock.com the shooter had a close connection to a State District Judge in Lubbock."

Pretty sure 'ol Kyle isn't going to be charged.

That would be his ex wife and they are divorced. She was in the process of removing him from the property where the shooting occurred, so I doubt they were on good terms. Like many shootings he will probably escape jail, I doubt he will escape a civil suit, which will get a different level of justice by taking him to the cleaners.

11 hours ago, Lark said:

John Wayne in True Grit also makes an interestingly flawed hero. 

More like self parody.

"By God, she reminds me of me"

Or the pistol in one hand, the rifle in the other and the reins in his teeth - not bad for a one eyed fatman.:lol:

11 minutes ago, Zonker said:

If fewer and fewer US households own guns (only 35%), and the trend continues... Won't there be a point when the US population decides to change the gun laws due to popular demand? 

Maybe in your grandchildren's lifetime.

But I'm not optimistic.

17 minutes ago, Zonker said:

If fewer and fewer US households own guns (only 35%), and the trend continues... Won't there be a point when the US population decides to change the gun laws due to popular demand? 

Eventually it will be one guy with 400 million guns.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Eventually it will be one guy with 400 million guns.

With 10,000,000 or so new guns being added annually, by the time he gets them all he'll have closer to 1,000,000,000 guns.

1 hour ago, βhyde said:

Yeah. For some reason it sounds like a John Mellencamp song to me.

Little ditty about Kyle and Chad
Two American idiots growin' up in the heartland

Kyle, he's gonna be a 2A star
Chad's dying bleeding on Kyle's porch

Oh yeah, Kyle goes on
I say, oh yeah say Kyle goes on
Now walk on

Solid

The fly in the ointment is democide.

When you objectively and honestly run the numbers it becomes apparent your chances of being murdered by your own government are much, much higher than an inner-city thug or terrorist or foreign government.

Our founding fathers understood history and human nature hence giving us teeth to keep us from being herded into corrals and boxcars.

Apparently Chad is still dead, but there’s something wrong with the video and everyone’s reactions.  They all look like they’re acting, no one is freaking out, including Chads girlfriend, no blood, nothing happened when Kyle shot at his feet point blank.  Something’s not right here.

edit to add:  and the two camera setup and edit?  Wtf?

51 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Apparently Chad is still dead, but there’s something wrong with the video and everyone’s reactions.  They all look like they’re acting, no one is freaking out, including Chads girlfriend, no blood, nothing happened when Kyle shot at his feet point blank.  Something’s not right here.

edit to add:  and the two camera setup and edit?  Wtf?

One by the person inside the house, K's side of the story and one by C's new wife. Both sides were recording the encounter.

The argument playing out was probably an old one and not the first time. The way things went down is RL, if staged it would play out more like what you would imagine with all the histrionics and blood required.

In karate class when I was in high school, one of the instructors showed us the best way to not lose a fight, he turned around and ran.

As soon as the shooter pulled out the gun, I'm outa there.

Ya'all remember Butch Cassidy and the rules in a knife fight, there ain't any.

Better to be a live mensch than a dead man.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Mid said:

won me last fight by 100 yards , will win the next one by 110 .

Redd Foxx had a bit in his stand up routine about the war.

Hey buddy, you in the front row, you look like the Lt. who saved my life in the war. He got out the way when I was backing up. Saved his life too ‘cuz I was moving. I backed so far in one battle I ran into a General. He asked “why are you running?” I said “I am running because I cannot fly.”

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Autonomous said:

The fly in the ointment is democide.

When you objectively and honestly run the numbers it becomes apparent your chances of being murdered by your own government are much, much higher than an inner-city thug or terrorist or foreign government.

Our founding fathers understood history and human nature hence giving us teeth to keep us from being herded into corrals and boxcars.

Ahh, you buy into that myth as well? Explains a lot.

7 hours ago, Zonker said:

You'd think so. I don't see it happening in my lifetime though, unless the Republican Party raptures the fuck out of here.

- DSK

7 hours ago, Zonker said:

Not as long as the Национальная стрелковая ассоциация is flush with cash that they are willing to share with marketable politicians. 

10 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Fuckin' A.

The insurrection at the Capitol challenged the way newsrooms frame unrest »  Nieman Journalism Lab

Oklahoma City bombing: Families remember 168 victims with video tribute 25  years later - ABC30 Fresno

9 hours ago, VhmSays said:

One by the person inside the house, K's side of the story and one by C's new wife. Both sides were recording the encounter.

The argument playing out was probably an old one and not the first time. The way things went down is RL, if staged it would play out more like what you would imagine with all the histrionics and blood required.

I get that, but the edit is like showing the guy shot first, and then the backstory of why. Someone had to do that on iMovie or something.  And I'm not saying they were Scorsese acting, they were 6th grade Christmas play acting.  If my GF got shot in front of me, I doubt I would explain to the shooter I have it all recorded and keep rolling tape, especially if my camera was also a phone.  To be honest, I'm not saying I even believe what I'm alleging, it just all seems off.  Wouldn't there be at least one exit wound?  I don't know.  It just doesn't look right.

8 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I get that, but the edit is like showing the guy shot first, and then the backstory of why. Someone had to do that on iMovie or something.  And I'm not saying they were Scorsese acting, they were 6th grade Christmas play acting.  If my GF got shot in front of me, I doubt I would explain to the shooter I have it all recorded and keep rolling tape, especially if my camera was also a phone.  To be honest, I'm not saying I even believe what I'm alleging, it just all seems off.  Wouldn't there be at least one exit wound?  I don't know.  It just doesn't look right.

I think what explains most of what you are seeing is that no one gives a crap about Chad. Everyone expected Chad to get killed one day. Even at an early age his mother probably said, "Chad, you're kind of a dick and you're probably going to get shot someday." After shooting Chad, even Kyle said something to the effect of, "I told you this was going to happen. Chad's a dick." His ex-wife is practically rolling her eye going, "Oh yeah, no one saw that coming. Fucking Chad." I'm pretty sure when Chad Jr. grows up and hears what a douche bag Chad was, and sees the video, he'll give daddy Kyle a pass on blowing him away.

Chad death wasn't so much a premeditated act. It was destiny.

/s

3 minutes ago, βhyde said:

I think what explains most of what you are seeing is that no one gives a crap about Chad. Everyone expected Chad to get killed one day. Even at an early age his mother probably said, "Chad, you're kind of a dick and you're probably going to get shot someday." After shooting Chad, even Kyle said something to the effect of, "I told you this was going to happen. Chad's a dick." His ex-wife is practically rolling her eye going, "Oh yeah, no one saw that coming. Fucking Chad." I'm pretty sure when Chad Jr. grows up and hears what a douche bag Chad was, and sees the video, he'll give daddy Kyle a pass on blowing him away.

/s

LOL, well probably.  I mean his name's Chad and he's wearing teal.  It doesn't make Kyle anymore sympathetic being Kyle. I think one of the ladies was a judge. It all just seems so, um... white.  Like someone should have said, "pick up that blood!".  I think they all went out for Pumpkin spiced lattes at Whole Foods together afterwards.

Bad divorces and custody are seriously fucked though, I'm so lucky I don't have that, but I've seen it.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

You'd think so. I don't see it happening in my lifetime though, unless the Republican Party raptures the fuck out of here.

- DSK

belly laugh time

22 minutes ago, chum said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what I find remarkable is the casual nature with which everyone handled it after he was shot. Nobody stepped in to try to stop the bleeding, start the breathing, protect the wounds and treat for shock. Basic stuff. No one even got too exited. I don't know the nature of the wounds, but that might have given him a chance.

It's Texas.

- DSK

• Like 1
16 hours ago, βhyde said:

Oh, by the way...

"Numerous sources indicated to EverythingLubbock.com the shooter had a close connection to a State District Judge in Lubbock."

Pretty sure 'ol Kyle isn't going to be charged.

I might have guessed the same, but Chad's fam seems to have become sick and tired of asking and has taken it to the press.     

1 hour ago, βhyde said:

/s

and this class explains why 'merica has so many issues .

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

A period of apparent calm isn't uncommon. People may take some moment to believe their own eyes.  Might freeze, might act normal on autopilot. Particularly when it comes unexpectedly. They were in the middle of a mild child visitation dispute, didn't expect a murder scene.

Kyle went for a gun in a big fat hurry, didn't he? The argument wasn't anywhere near that heated.  Kyle has waited for a chance to prove what a bad-ass he is for a long time. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

LOL, well probably.  I mean his name's Chad and he's wearing teal.  It doesn't make Kyle anymore sympathetic being Kyle. I think one of the ladies was a judge. It all just seems so, um... white.  Like someone should have said, "pick up that blood!".  I think they all went out for Pumpkin spiced lattes at Whole Foods together afterwards.

Bad divorces and custody are seriously fucked though, I'm so lucky I don't have that, but I've seen it.

The judge is Kyle's ex-wife (I think). She's not there. The lady on the right, texting and showing little or no concern about the gun wielding Kyle or the soon to be dead Chad, is Kyle's current squeeze, and Chad's ex-wife, and mother of Chad Jr.. She's a hussy. The lady filming from the car, and equally unconcerned about Chad's death, is Chad's current girlfriend (or wife, not sure). Her and Chad don't have what most people would call a strong relationship since after hooking up, she's figured out Chad is a douche nozzle. But she hangs in there anyway because she's not exactly a real "keeper" if you know what I mean. The person filming from inside the house, which by the way belongs to Kyle's ex-wife the judge, is one of Kyle's employees. He/She has fuck all to do with this, but quitting at this point is probably a discussion he/she might want to delay until after Chad's body is removed from the porch and Kyle's had a few moments to think about the companies direction forward. I think that's the roster.

If you ask me, knowing what I know now, it's basically one giant clusterfuck that had little or no chance of being resolved without someone getting killed. Chad, being Chad, rolled the dice at the Let's See Who's Gonna Get Killed Table and came up with snake-eyes. That was a forgone conclusion in anyones playbook. But I'm actually surprised that only Chad got double tapped. I fully expected Chad's girlfriend (wife), being a Texan in Texas, to have a fully loaded AR-15 with high capacity clip magazine (sorry) in the car and immediately, if not sooner, open fire as soon as Kyle dropped her man. Of course, that little texting hussy ex-Ms. Chad would get a few rounds for good measure since she's the cause of all this shit to begin with. Bitch. Then the guy/gal filming inside the house, and complete unbeknownst to Chad's girlfriend, would grab the nearest weapon, it's Texas after all, and burst out of the front door and blow her away. He, being from California and not Texas, would then have a complete emotional breakdown at the shear carnage, and kill himself never thinking he/she could just simply exit the backdoor and avoid the whole mess.  But when in Rome... No charges would be filed and no investigation would be opened because no one would be able to figure out what fuck happened, and it's Texas.

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, βhyde said:

The judge is Kyle's ex-wife (I think). She's not there. The lady on the right, texting and showing little or no concern about the gun wielding Kyle or the soon to be dead Chad, is Kyle's current squeeze, and Chad's ex-wife, and mother of Chad Jr.. She's a hussy. The lady filming from the car, and equally unconcerned about Chad's death, is Chad's current girlfriend (or wife, not sure). Her and Chad don't have what most people would call a strong relationship since after hooking up, she's figured out Chad is a douche nozzle. But she hangs in there anyway because she's not exactly a real "keeper" if you know what I mean. The person filming from inside the house, which by the way belongs to Kyle's ex-wife the judge, is one of Kyle's employees. He/She has fuck all to do with this, but quitting at this point is probably a discussion he/she might want to delay until after Chad's body is removed from the porch and Kyle's had a few moments to think about the companies direction forward. I think that's the roster.

If you ask me, knowing what I know now, it's basically one giant clusterfuck that had little or no chance of being resolved without someone getting killed. Chad, being Chad, rolled the dice at the Let's See Who's Gonna Get Killed Table and came up with snake-eyes. That was a forgone conclusion in anyones playbook. But I'm actually surprised that only Chad got double tapped. I fully expected Chad's girlfriend (wife), being a Texan in Texas, to have a fully loaded AR-15 with high capacity clip magazine (sorry) in the car and immediately, if not sooner, open fire as soon as Kyle dropped her man. Of course, that little texting hussy ex-Ms. Chad would get a few rounds for good measure since she's the cause of all this shit to begin with. Bitch. Then the guy/gal filming inside the house, and complete unbeknownst to Chad's girlfriend, would grab the nearest weapon, it's Texas after all, and burst out of the front door and blow her away. He, being from California and not Texas, would then have a complete emotional breakdown at the shear carnage, and kill himself never thinking he/she could just simply exit the backdoor and avoid the whole mess.  But when in Rome... No charges would be filed and no investigation would be opened because no one would be able to figure out what fuck happened, and it's Texas.

I can imagine that the series "Real Housewives of Lubbock, TX." would probably only last 2 episodes before all the initial actors were dead either by gunshot, opiods, or lethal injection courtesy of the state.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, βhyde said:

And... scene.

That was outstanding.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I can imagine that the series "Real Housewives of Lubbock, TX." would probably only last 2 episodes before all the initial actors were dead either by gunshot, opiods, or lethal injection courtesy of the state.

I'd definitely watch that.

1 hour ago, βhyde said:

Any survivors would be given a medal by the Texas Right to Life folks. 

4 hours ago, BeSafe said:

I had one of their .44 Mag carbines. Seemed like a great idea to me. I never shot anybody on my porch, though, in fact I never pointed it at a fellow human being.

- DSK

8 hours ago, βhyde said:

Kyle's a hack. If Chad were to show up at my house...

image.thumb.png.adc16a0eb4323009ece3df146d7e10cc.png

Looks like one hell of a convincing Starship Troopers cosplay collection.

Because I always start to meta such stories, how the son grows up is going to be both fascinating and tragic.  He's going to have video of his dad being shot and his mom's reaction.  I have no idea how that's going to fuck with his psyche but some therapist is going to be very busy.  I can't even imagine 'family get togethers'.

8 hours ago, BeSafe said:

Looks like one hell of a convincing Starship Troopers cosplay collection.

Because I always start to meta such stories, how the son grows up is going to be both fascinating and tragic.  He's going to have video of his dad being shot and his mom's reaction.  I have no idea how that's going to fuck with his psyche but some therapist is going to be very busy.  I can't even imagine 'family get togethers'.

At least they can buy a smaller turkey next year.

Pregnant librarian killed after pulling gun on motorcyclist in road rage row (msn.com)

Looks like we have a somewhat opposite scenario.   Vigilante follows woman back to her house after hit and run.  She comes out of house with gun, he is a fast draw and shoots her.   She was pregnant, so it is sure to get Republican persecutor attention (unborn kid worth a dozen after birth).   Woman was white, not sure about biker.  Florida, so similar politics to Texas.     

50 minutes ago, Lark said:

Pregnant librarian killed after pulling gun on motorcyclist in road rage row (msn.com)

Looks like we have a somewhat opposite scenario.   Vigilante follows woman back to her house after hit and run.  She comes out of house with gun, he is a fast draw and shoots her.   She was pregnant, so it is sure to get Republican persecutor attention (unborn kid worth a dozen after birth).   Woman was white, not sure about biker.  Florida, so similar politics to Texas.     

Yep, vigilante-ism is totally legal. He walks. 

1 hour ago, Lark said:

That’s just down the road from me.  He walks unless he’s black. In Florida, it is a bit like a distorted game of rock, paper, scissors where white paper always wins, and black rock always loses, and hispanic scissors get covered by white paper but can turn the tables by chipping away the black rock. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Lark said:

When the attempted murder victim followed the attempted murderer after she refused to stop and wait for the cops, I'm not sure I would call that action a "vigilante" move. Is keeping track of an attempted murderer bad or something?

If you're safely inside your home with a gun and you go outside to enforce your sense of justice with a gun, you might just be a vigilante. And you might just be killed by someone who you just tried to kill and seem to want to try again.

15 hours ago, Lark said:

Back up. This started with a riding thing.

Motorists are mentally screening for other cars. Their vision, and their sub-conscious messaging, may dismiss motorcycle and bicycle riders. Some very weird shit happens. Motorbike riders are pro-active about such incidents.

But in this case, this woman reportedly intentionally brushed off a motorcycle with her vehicle, and made contact which did not upend the bike. But she failed to stop after the contact, which is hit-and-run. There are no hit-and-run misdemeanors in my state: the rider and his friends followed the felon and immediately called 911, from her address. Then she retrieved a gun, and she met her match.

More gun mayhem. Which didn't have to happen, on either side.

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

But in this case, this woman reportedly intentionally brushed off a motorcycle with her vehicle, and made contact which did not upend the bike. But she failed to stop after the contact, which is hit-and-run.

If you intentionally hit a motorcycle with a car, you just attempted to murder the motorcyclist. Hit and run was the second crime and far less serious.

5 minutes ago, Seriatim Tom said:

If you intentionally hit a motorcycle with a car, you just attempted to murder the motorcyclist.

Is this a decree, from King Dogballs, himself? Let's have a link to the case law.

If she had survived she could have claimed the hit and run was an accident because he was bullying her and weaving.   She was further intimidated by his biker appearance.   She was also scared for her unborn child.    She ran home in panic, a helpless woman in fear of the smelly biker.   If she shot him she would have claimed castle doctrine.    It could depend on hit and run laws (really a felony if no damage?), witnesses or cameras and any prior record the biker might have had that the lawyer was allowed to bias the jury with.   If he looked scary and she was a pregnant crying blond, she could have gotten away with a lot.   Even with the hit and run, it might be another case of fastest gun is safe from the law.

1 hour ago, Lark said:

If she shot him she would have claimed castle doctrine.

Uh huh. Because your street is your castle.

Amazing how people completely fail to grasp this very old doctrine, but that's really not what it says, nor has it ever been what it says.

Whats really amazing is how the gun nutter Americanos think this gun play just an acceptable everyday practice in gun nutter America, just like going to the mall, or going to a movie or going to sporting event.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Keith said:

Whats really amazing is how the gun nutter Americanos think this gun play just an acceptable everyday practice in gun nutter America, just like going to the mall, or going to a movie or going to sporting event.

And they go all those places with their guns.  Wallet, keys, sunglasses, AR-15; check.  Good to go.

3 hours ago, Lark said:

If she had survived she could have claimed the hit and run was an accident because he was bullying her and weaving.   She was further intimidated by his biker appearance.   She was also scared for her unborn child.    She ran home in panic, a helpless woman in fear of the smelly biker.   If she shot him she would have claimed castle doctrine.    It could depend on hit and run laws (really a felony if no damage?), witnesses or cameras and any prior record the biker might have had that the lawyer was allowed to bias the jury with.   If he looked scary and she was a pregnant crying blond, she could have gotten away with a lot.   Even with the hit and run, it might be another case of fastest gun is safe from the law.

Duels at dawn is much simpler.

55 minutes ago, Keith said:

Yep, and parse out how they would’ve handled a massively chaotic situations. Basically, it’s Monday morning quarterbacking for the gun nutz. Soon, we’ll have fantasy leagues.

”hey, going to activate Kyle this week? He’s going to a BLM March, taking his precious”

”nah, I’ve got Donnie down on the corner of 5th and Depression in Chicago. His gang just took over that corner and he’s got the 10pm-2am watch. It’s a sure thing”

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Yep, and parse out how they would’ve handled a massively chaotic situations. Basically, it’s Monday morning quarterbacking for the gun nutz. Soon, we’ll have fantasy leagues.

”hey, going to activate Kyle this week? He’s going to a BLM March, taking his precious”

”nah, I’ve got Donnie down on the corner of 5th and Depression in Chicago. His gang just took over that corner and he’s got the 10pm-2am watch. It’s a sure thing”

I keep Zimmerman on my bench for bye weeks.

2 hours ago, Keith said:

Exactly - they all parse the details of these incidents with zero recognition of the overall insanity.

• Like 2

I don't know what's left to discuss on this topic. I can summarize the whole thread in 5 simple points:

1) gun nutter guy was a class A idiot for getting his gun

2) teal shirt was a class A idiot for not walking away when the gun showed up

3) gun nutter guy is going to get off because self defense

4) in a hypothetical scenario where teal shirt was carrying, and shot gun nutter when the AR15 showed up, he would also get off because self defense

5) this entire scenario is one very clear argument against the current US gun culture - where either way it ended, one guy was going to be dead and the other was going to get off because self defense, and also if there had been no guns present, everybody involved would still be breathing

It's a fucked up country you guys have down there.

• Like 3
On 11/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, Burning Man said:

They are #9 according to this graph. 

image.thumb.png.30a330f6e1c5cb5a4b0272b6ce7ddaff.png

Ok, let's discuss your beautiful city of Detroit at #3.  Or East St Louis at #1.  Or Nawlins at #2.  

How in the fuck is Milwaukee above Chicago.  Jesus.  Not like when I was a kid..  WOW..  

29 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Your football is weird though.

Is not. 

- field is bigger so we can push the snow off to the side
- extra man is to run the snow blower
- it is a myth that Canadian football only has 3 downs. We just punt on 3rd and 10 because we are conservative and careful

• Like 5
On 11/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, Steam Flyer said:

It's Texas.

- DSK

Wasn't the last Sinefeld episode something like this?  They got arrested and thrown in the clink for watching a mugging in rural OK or TX and not doing anything.  Where is that law??  Arrest them all...  

30 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Is not. 

- field is bigger so we can push the snow off to the side
- extra man is to run the snow blower
- it is a myth that Canadian football only has 3 downs. We just punt on 3rd and 10 because we are conservative and careful

Word on the street is that Canada smelled 15% better when Covid19 shut down hockey and kept the players at home.

My son-in-law plays hockey, my daughter says this is likely true. His gear stays outside.

7 hours ago, Seriatim Tom said:

Amazing how people completely fail to grasp this very old doctrine, but that's really not what it says, nor has it ever been what it says.

What if the street belongs to the government?   

4 hours ago, Nice! said:

I don't know what's left to discuss on this topic. I can summarize the whole thread in 5 simple points:

1) gun nutter guy was a class A idiot for getting his gun

2) teal shirt was a class A idiot for not walking away when the gun showed up

3) gun nutter guy is going to get off because self defense

4) in a hypothetical scenario where teal shirt was carrying, and shot gun nutter when the AR15 showed up, he would also get off because self defense

5) this entire scenario is one very clear argument against the current US gun culture - where either way it ended, one guy was going to be dead and the other was going to get off because self defense, and also if there had been no guns present, everybody involved would still be breathing

It's a fucked up country you guys have down there.

All true but it misses what to me is an important point.

Those people are seriously STUPID. They have no self-control and no ability to consider the likely outcomes of their selfish, self-centred and inconsiderate behaviour. None of that was necessary, no matter how many guns there were, if only there's been a modicum of common sense.

Someone should have beaten into their tiny brains that actions have consequences. Somehow they got to 'legal' adulthood without ever learning this. So - shrug. Stupidity has consequences and they're usually bad.

FKT

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

All true but it misses what to me is an important point.

Those people are seriously STUPID. They have no self-control and no ability to consider the likely outcomes of their selfish, self-centred and inconsiderate behaviour. None of that was necessary, no matter how many guns there were, if only there's been a modicum of common sense.

Someone should have beaten into their tiny brains that actions have consequences. Somehow they got to 'legal' adulthood without ever learning this. So - shrug. Stupidity has consequences and they're usually bad.

FKT

So what is a better option, making it more effort to buy guns, or making them less stupid?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nice! said:

So what is a better option, making it more effort to buy guns, or making them less stupid?

Both are possible but one takes a lot longer. The good news is, the current covid pandemic is helping with the stupid bit.

FKT

13 hours ago, Seriatim Tom said:

No, it wasn’t some ringstrasse.   She needed to go home to get her gun, a premeditated decision to stand her ground and plug the guy….except he was the better man.

17 minutes ago, Mike G said:

So Chad tried to grab the gun from Kyle?

Remind me, are we or are we not able to call Chad a victim?

That would be gun thief?   He’s the dead perp.   
the legal principal is “Mas extremus stans”

• Like 1
On 11/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, Mike G said:

Is this guy going to do time?  Or be on Tucker soon?

https://news.yahoo.com/records-kyle-carruth-deadly-south-233849552.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall&s=09

A relative of a judge.

Unbelievably no one seems particularly upset that there's a dead guy on the ground. They just keep arguing. The shooter is completely unconcerned. The victims wife/GF doesn't seem particularly distressed.

WTF is wrong with these people?

They could have been arguing over who's responsible for little kids homework or similar triviality.

9 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Word on the street is that Canada smelled 15% better when Covid19 shut down hockey and kept the players at home.

My son-in-law plays hockey, my daughter says this is likely true. His gear stays outside.

Where does she put her hockey gear ?