Lorena Bobbirt Apologizes?

Just now, Nice! said:

The silence from the rest of team R is deafening.

After Gosar's latest, this is a mere peccadillo. Now they are going to go full "Hold my beer" mode to see which of them can get away with the worst before anyone in the current R party speaks up.

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Only people in the Rethuglican party likely to speak up are Cheney and those people who have decided not to run for re-election.

I don't consider them to be Republicans any more, although they still vote the straight R ticket...I do confess I'm waiting for them to torpedo the 1/6 Committee if it starts getting out of hand and indicting sitting members.

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I don't consider them to be Republicans any more, although they still vote the straight R ticket...I do confess I'm waiting for them to torpedo the 1/6 Committee if it starts getting out of hand and indicting sitting members.

What are you talking about? The leaders of the GOP get to define who they are and what they stand for.

Your opinion could be “I don’t recognize the party anymore” or “these people couldn’t exist in the old Republican Party”

But saying they are not the Republican Party is the equivalent of denying climate change.

These assholes are taking over Congress next year unless something momentous happens. Not by winning more votes, but by manipulating voting districts. 

They are winning, and pretending they aren’t real is asinine.

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

What are you talking about? The leaders of the GOP get to define who they are and what they stand for.

Your opinion could be “I don’t recognize the party anymore” or “these people couldn’t exist in the old Republican Party”

But saying they are not the Republican Party is the equivalent of denying climate change.

These assholes are taking over Congress next year unless something momentous happens. Not by winning more votes, but by manipulating voting districts. 

Can someone clever change the 5th guy to "indifference? "

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have a new outrider | Rural Life |  agupdate.com

9 hours ago, phillysailor said:

What math are you using to claim that if the GOP takes over congress it’s not because of more votes.  There is no electoral college in house races.  So the popular vote is exactly who wins.   Gerrymandering is not going to account for the 40-50 seats the GOP is now projected to win.  

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What math are you using to claim that if the GOP takes over congress it’s not because of more votes.  There is no electoral college in house races.  So the popular vote is exactly who wins.   Gerrymandering is not going to account for the 40-50 seats the GOP is now projected to win.  

you, are not paying attention.

It is pretty rich for Booblert to call another house member a terrorist. Didn't she give guided tours of the Capitol in the days before the tourist stampede?

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Hadn't heard that number.

Gotta cite?

Fuck that bitch.  She didn't apologize for her criticism of Mayor Pete and saying he was at home trying to chest feed his baby.  Fuck her.  Fuck anyone who supports her.  She is a lowlife piece of shit sucking on the sour chest milk teets of TFG. 

This is the soul of the GOP now and has been for some time.  If you disagree you are either not paying attention or you are just like her and don't care. And yes Joker, enough districts are gerrymandered to swing congress to the GOP for ages.  Look up what just happened here in Utah.  But if gerrymandering doesn't account for those 40 seats then America is truly an ugly place filled with assholes and sick fucks who have no empathy or humanity.  Fuck the GOP and fuck anyone who supports them.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Fuck that bitch.  She didn't apologize for her criticism of Mayor Pete and saying he was at home trying to chest feed his baby.  Fuck her.  Fuck anyone who supports her.  She is a lowlife piece of shit sucking on the sour chest milk teets of TFG. 

This is the soul of the GOP now and has been for some time.  If you disagree you are either not paying attention or you are just like her and don't care. And yes Joker, enough districts are gerrymandered to swing congress to the GOP for ages.  Look up what just happened here in Utah.  But if gerrymandering doesn't account for those 40 seats then America is truly an ugly place filled with assholes and sick fucks who have no empathy or humanity.  Fuck the GOP and fuck anyone who supports them.

I’d suggest getting some Xanax before next November. 

4 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

You're not funny, nor is your indifference.  

Not indifferent at all.  I’m in full support of getting back to divided government.   Did you hear Biden has reinstated Trumps remain in Mexico policy?  

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

There is no electoral college in house races.  So the popular vote is exactly who wins.   

Absolutely not true, though this time the error is likely not from a lie, but simple ignorance. 

This is how PA does it, Ohio is worse as are WI and NC 

https://library.cqpress.com/elections/document.php?id=rcookltr-1527-84193-2523552

And the Cook Report  By Cook’s calculations, House Democrats out-earned their Republican counterparts by 1.17 million votes. Read another way, Democrats won 50.59 percent of the two-party vote. Still, they won just 46.21 percent of seats, leaving the Republicans with 234 seats and Democrats with 201.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not indifferent at all.  I’m in full support of getting back to divided government.   Did you hear Biden has reinstated Trumps remain in Mexico policy?  

Nice change of subject.  Wouldn't it be great if the parties talked about policy?  Nah, the GOP is too busy conjuring up hate and division and throwing weak apologies down.  Still waiting for her to apologize to Mayor Pete for you know, being a good dad.

58 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Well, it IS Rasmussen. Additionally, they make a point of pitting “generic” Republicans and Democrats in their polling questions. With the GOP busy slurping mushroom soup like it is Ivermectin, we’ll see if the Independents favor the whackadoodle who gets the GOP nod in these races. 

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

Nice change of subject.  Wouldn't it be great if the parties talked about policy?  Nah, the GOP is too busy conjuring up hate and division and throwing weak apologies down.  Still waiting for her to apologize to Mayor Pete for you know, being a good dad.

Ok I should have commented on this thread subject.  I think her comment was wrong and she did not apologize.  I’ll trade you her removal  for the removal of  Omar neither one is interested in unity. 

12 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Yes, what I am saying is that the GOP has moved into a new phase and the old Repugnicans no longer fit in that party, but for some reason they keep voting along with the New GOP. Which is why I don't trust them.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Yes, what I am saying is that the GOP has moved into a new phase and the old Repugnicans no longer fit in that party, but for some reason they keep voting along with the New GOP. Which is why I don't trust them.

That implies that you once did.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Ok I should have

You should have owned up to your egregious error just above. 

You do not do your cred any favors by ignoring errors, not to mention lies. 

Above was sorta the height of ignorance about US politics. 

You do not know nearly as much as you thing you do, 

as is Eva Dent. 

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That implies that you once did.

No, that implies that despite everything they say, they are still Republicans and quite willing to kill off the poor to make the rich richer. They are one-trick ponies in that they are willing to fight Trump on this one point.

Just now, Ishmael said:

they are still Republicans and quite willing to kill off the poor to make the rich richer.

Isn't that just a Darwin assist?

Since they are assisting him so much with Covid it seems reasonable.

When the SCOTUS abrogated it's responsibility to the citizens of the USA regarding Gerrymandering (and voting rights) in 2019 it was a clear case of partisan politics in the courts. When they further stepped away in 2021, it became a case of: "Get it while you can!". for the republicans.

The only real solution is to dissolve congressional districts entirely. If you look at some of the Chinese dragon shaped districts that are clearly drawn to exclude a certain population there is no way that even a sniggering asshole like Bitch McConnell could defend them with a straight face. MTG, Matt Gaetz, Loren Boebert, Jim Jordan, etc. Sure, but they only count up to ten unless they take their shoes off.

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

Ok I should have commented on this thread subject.  I think her comment was wrong and she did not apologize.  I’ll trade you her removal  for the removal of  Omar neither one is interested in unity. 

Your false equivalent comparisons of behavior are on full display again.  Unity and outright slander are 2 different things.  You also confuse someone fighting for the rights of people of color and Muslim Americans as divisive.  That alone is scary and shows your stripes.  You keep trying to talk policy yet always revert to bullshit.  Why is that?  When Omar calls Boobert and gun nutter white piece of trash ho bag we can talk about who needs to be removed.  She wouldn't be wrong but it would be highly inappropriate for a congressperson.

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You should have owned up to your egregious error just above. 

You do not do your cred any favors by ignoring errors, not to mention lies. 

Above was sorta the height of ignorance about US politics. 

You do not know nearly as much as you thing you do, 

as is Eva Dent. 

Which error is that professor? 

36 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Your false equivalent comparisons of behavior are on full display again.  Unity and outright slander are 2 different things.  You also confuse someone fighting for the rights of people of color and Muslim Americans as divisive.  That alone is scary and shows your stripes.  You keep trying to talk policy yet always revert to bullshit.  Why is that?  When Omar calls Boobert and gun nutter white piece of trash ho bag we can talk about who needs to be removed.  She wouldn't be wrong but it would be highly inappropriate for a congressperson.

It’s not false at all  you never heard her open antisemitism?

Like I fully expected a partisan troll like you to react with “not my bitch.”    At least Lorena didn’t marry her brother to violate our laws. 

Edited by The Joker
6 hours ago, The Joker said:

in house races.  So the popular vote is exactly who wins.

This one, as you well know . . .  

Your goal seems to be to waste time, not have any sort of informed exchange of views. 

Bad Faith 

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Which error is that professor? 

4 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

This one, as you well know . . .  

Your goal seems to be to waste time, not have any sort of informed exchange of views. 

Bad Faith 

So you think the popular vote doesn’t apply to house races?   Where did you teach again?

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So you think the popular vote doesn’t apply to house races?   Where did you teach again?

Gerrymandering makes a mockery of the popular vote  . . 

The popular vote does not determine how many seats are party wins .. . .  

as I explained above  . .    (I am being excessively polite here . .  . ) 

https://library.cqpress.com/elections/document.php?id=rcookltr-1527-84193-2523552

And the Cook Report  By Cook’s calculations, House Democrats out-earned their Republican counterparts by 1.17 million votes. Read another way, Democrats won 50.59 percent of the two-party vote. Still, they won just 46.21 percent of seats, leaving the Republicans with 234 seats and Democrats with 201.

8 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Gerrymandering makes a mockery of the popular vote  . . 

The popular vote does not determine how many seats are party wins .. . .  

as I explained above  . .    (I am being excessively polite here . .  . ) 

That is the dumbest most partisan thing I’ve read in a long time.  

To be clear You want to apply the national collective vote and think it should be how the house should be made up?  Then explain how  individual house races should be run?     

One more point that was never part of the constitution.  

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

To be clear You want to apply the national collective vote and think it should be how the house should be made up?

Can you possibly be that stupid ?? 

One more time you wrote . .  So the popular vote is exactly who wins.   

Parties can and do win the popular vote but not gain control the legislative chamber  

Without gerrymandering partisan representation would reflect the popular vote. 

10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Can you possibly be that stupid ?? 

Without gerrymandering partisan representation would reflect the popular vote. 

Bullshit.   The thing that drives representation is turnout and candidate popularity. Gerrymandering is done by both parties  no argument that it has an effect, but it still doesn’t make the national popular vote an indication on how the majority of house races are won or lost.   The individual states run the rep races.  It has nothing to do with the national popular vote.  Reps from both sides routinely win in districts that do not reflect a majority of their party.   Look at the Manchin senate race for a perfect example of a popular Democrat winning in a solid red state.  

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

To be clear You want to apply the national collective vote and think it should be how the house should be made up?  Then explain how  individual house races should be run?     

One more point that was never part of the constitution.  

Either you are deliberately misinterpreting the way gerrymandering affects individual Congressional districts and are just trolling, or you've been asleep while the GOP has manipulated statewide district maps to elect Reds far out of proportion to their popularity within the states in which they control the legislature.

Democrats can win the majority of votes in some of these states by over 60% and achieve only 35-40% of the seats. Only those who benefit from minority rule approve of this system, and it would be willful ignorance of the Constitution to say it is what was intended. Ya'll are "originalists" and "conservatives" only until hypocrisy seems better.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Either you are deliberately misinterpreting the way gerrymandering affects individual Congressional districts and are just trolling, or you've been asleep while the GOP has manipulated statewide district maps to elect Reds far out of proportion to their popularity within the states in which they control the legislature.

Democrats can win the majority of votes in some of these states by over 60% and achieve only 35-40% of the seats. Only those who benefit from minority rule approve of this system, and it would be willful ignorance of the Constitution to say it is what was intended. Ya'll are "originalists" and "conservatives" only until hypocrisy seems better.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

Explain how a state that is that blue would have diversity that leads to federal seats being radically different than state elections. 

Do you l have an example of a state that shows what you claim 

And the point is that control of the legislature leads to control of the federal districts. 

From NPR: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, has signed into law a congressional map that creates 15 new districts in the state, but anti-gerrymandering advocates are slamming the map saying it was drawn to keep a Republican stronghold in Ohio.

The plan has 12 seats that either heavily favor or lean in favor of Republicans. That's 80% of the districts in a state that voted for former President Donald Trump with 53% of the vote in 2020.

From the NYT regarding N Carolina:

The map Republicans passed gives the G.O.P. an advantage in 10 of the state’s 14 congressional districts, despite a near 50-50 split in the statewide popular vote for president in 2020. Former President Donald J. Trump carried the state by 1.3 percentage points. (The current congressional breakdown is eight Republicans and five Democrats, the result of a court-ordered redrawing of the map for the 2020 election.)

The map packs Democrats into three heavily blue districts around Raleigh, Durham and Charlotte, as well as one competitive district in the northeast with a significant Black voting population that would put a Black congressman, G.K. Butterfield, in danger of losing his seat.

And yeah, there is Maryland, but nationwide...

Congressional maps serve, perhaps more than ever before, as a predictor of which party will control the House of Representatives, where Democrats now hold 221 seats to Republicans’ 213. In the 12 states that have completed the mapping process, Republicans have gained an advantage for seats in Iowa, North Carolina, Texas and Montana, and Democrats have lost the advantage in districts in North Carolina and Iowa.

All told, Republicans have added a net of five seats that the party can expect to hold while Democrats are down one. Republicans need to flip just five Democratic-held seats next year to seize a House majority. “They’re really taking a whack at competition,” said Michael Li, a redistricting expert at the Brennan Center for Justice. “The path back to a majority for Democrats if they lose in 2022 has to run through states like Texas, and they’re just taking that off the table.”
32 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Bullshit.   The thing that drives representation is turnout and candidate popularity. Gerrymandering is done by both parties  no argument that it has an effect, but it still doesn’t make the national popular vote an indication on how the majority of house races are won or lost.   The individual states run the rep races.  It has nothing to do with the national popular vote.  Reps from both sides routinely win in districts that do not reflect a majority of their party.   Look at the Manchin senate race for a perfect example of a popular Democrat winning in a solid red state.  

Let’s just put a nice big “lie” on this one. Technically correct, but completely missing the point which he knows is correct. Good little German is our Joker

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Explain how a state that is that blue would have diversity that leads to federal seats being radically different than state elections. 

Do you l have an example of a state that shows what you claim 

Please look at the new map created in Utah.  It divides a huge population of left leaning voters into 4 parts eliminating any chance of a Democrat being elected.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

At least Lorena didn’t marry her brother to violate our laws. 

Why do you bother with this inflammatory lie?

but you’re right, bobsy married her pedo stalker.

The professor quoted national popular vote and then tried to claim that the house should reflect that vote.   Now the goalposts are all over the place.   I’ve heard the talking point about gerrymandering.  BUT as been shown many blue states also engage in the same practice.  Trying to use the popular vote across the nation or even states is not a true reflection on who the people that vote want or should represent them. 
How many of you know that judges ordered gerrymandering to allow for a better representation of minority voters.  

5 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

While I don't agree that criticism of the state of Israel is antisemitic did you forget Democrats rebuked her for her comments?

Actually they didn’t.  Pelosi was so afraid of the Squad that they didn’t follow through on naming her in the resolution. 
Pelosi

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The professor quoted national popular vote and then tried to claim that the house should reflect that vote.   Now the goalposts are all over the place.   I’ve heard the talking point about gerrymandering.  BUT as been shown many blue states also engage in the same practice.  Trying to use the popular vote across the nation or even states is not a true reflection on who the people that vote want or should represent them. 
How many of you know that judges ordered gerrymandering to allow for a better representation of minority voters.  

Imagine!

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Actually they didn’t.  Pelosi was so afraid of the Squad that they didn’t follow through on naming her in the resolution. 
Pelosi

On Thursday, Pelosi and House leadership later issued a statement saying they welcomed the clarification from Omar, but that also read, "Drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines progress toward a future of peace and security for all."

Way more than GOP leadership staying silent on Boobert.

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And how many of you know when that was, and what has happened since?

The voting rights act has been suspended.

As soon as that happened, the people who want to control your daughter's body, and the non-white vote took action to suppress these people..... Instantly.

1 minute ago, Swimsailor said:

Joke doesn't feel pain. He's numb from the knees up.

6 hours ago, The Joker said:

When Omar threatens to kill another member of Congress... or indeed anybody... then we have a deal.

Until then, there is no reason to remove Omar other than you don't like her, which is basically tough toodles for you.

- DSK

15 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

I don’t know the area very well but the map is not very extreme compared to the ones I linked.   I’m assuming the Dems wanted one district majority democratic. Yet the demographics looks pretty balanced across each district.  

71DB37C7-1E73-4CEC-A409-172A1ECA21AA.thumb.jpeg.fa3ed3185eaecb0f527789887e1db04b.jpeg

This thread was meant to be about Boobert being a fucking asshole.

Some of you are debating what Elbridge Gerry did to our democracy. Hilary won the popular vote by 3 million votes, Biden won the popular vote by 7 million votes. How do the nazis have so much power in our Democracy? Gerrymandering.

22 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

When Omar threatens to kill another member of Congress... or indeed anybody... then we have a deal.

Until then, there is no reason to remove Omar other than you don't like her, which is basically tough toodles for you.

- DSK

I wasn’t aware that the congresswoman threatened Omar?  Could you provide the link please. 

2 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

Some of you are debating what Elbridge Gerry did to our democracy. Hilary won the popular vote by 3 million votes, Biden won the popular vote by 7 million votes. How do the nazis have so much power in our Democracy? Gerrymandering.

That, and "building a brand" which means having voters that are enthusiastic about voting Team R! regardless of how fucked up the candidate is. Many election cycles of consistently winning off-year elections has produced a very disproportionate amount of power. And amoral assholes like McConnell use it to the fullest extent.

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

Those popular votes reflect two large states NY and CA solid one party rule.  The founding fathers were brilliant in not allowing a few large states to control the nation.  Get ready for the trend.  Hint.  It’s not going to make you happy.  

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I don’t know the area very well but the map is not very extreme compared to the ones I linked.   I’m assuming the Dems wanted one district majority democratic. Yet the demographics looks pretty balanced across each district.  

71DB37C7-1E73-4CEC-A409-172A1ECA21AA.thumb.jpeg.fa3ed3185eaecb0f527789887e1db04b.jpeg

Racial make up does not equal political makeup especially in Utah where everyone is white.  The map divided up the most diverse population in the state into 4 pieces.  This was against and independent commission's recommendations.

1 minute ago, Swimsailor said:

Racial make up does not equal political makeup especially in Utah where everyone is white.  The map divided up the most diverse population in the state into 4 pieces.  This was against and independent commission's recommendations.

Yep I got that.   Best solution do what CA did and vote to make the commissions recommendation binding.    But at least the districts are  basically shaped the same. Now this is gerrymandering to the max. 
4 states 2 blue 2 red  

D931FB5F-ECD9-4822-A645-BF2C5FC24C88.jpeg

2 hours ago, Voyageur said:

anyone who wears 4" heels, is not a level headed person.

I don't want to hear any complaints about stilettos - even if Boobert wears them.

Besides, she needs them so she can reach door knobs.

4 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Still no apology for throwing shade at Pete Buttigieg for being a good dad. 

From who?   I think a cabinet member taking 2 months paternity leave is unacceptable.    I think because he is gay he was making a statement and under normal circumstances a non-issues as transportation secretary during a transportation crisis not so much.  Plenty of good dads take some time off because their wife is recovering from the birth.  Not really an issue with two fathers.  

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

From who?   I think a cabinet member taking 2 months paternity leave is unacceptable.    I think because he is gay he was making a statement and under normal circumstances a non-issues as transportation secretary during a transportation crisis not so much.  Plenty of good dads take some time off because their wife is recovering from the birth.  Not really an issue with two fathers.  

And you know this...... How?

Personal experience?

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I am a dad and no I didn’t take or even consider two months leave when my kids were born.  

That’s too bad. We offer 2 months, and the guys seem to like to take it after the in-laws, etc wander back to their own lives. Couple guys I asked said it was great.

25 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That’s too bad. We offer 2 months, and the guys seem to like to take it after the in-laws, etc wander back to their own lives. Couple guys I asked said it was great.

I’m sure two months of time off with pay is great.  Who wouldn’t like that?  

51 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I am a dad and no I didn’t take or even consider two months leave when my kids were born.  

So much for family values.  Pretty sure Buttigieg worked while at home.  He said as much.  Now for Boobert's chest milk comment? Nah, mate, fuck that.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

So much for family values.  Pretty sure Buttigieg worked while at home.  He said as much.  Now for Boobert's chest milk comment? Nah, mate, fuck that.

Poor kids.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure she produces sour 1%.